PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton gets his first Pole !!!

trumperZ06
9th June 2007, 20:57
:D Today Lewis Hamilton qualified on pole at the Canada Grand Prix.

Qualifying for the two front rows shows us...

1. Lewis Hamilton

2. Ferando Alonso

3rd. Nick Heidfeld

4th. Kimi Raikkonen

;) Everyone will be closely watching the 1st lap tomorrow.... especially the 1st corner.

Brown, Jon Brow
9th June 2007, 21:00
May it be the first of many :D

pino
9th June 2007, 21:01
Amazing performance...congrats to him :up:

Zico
9th June 2007, 21:12
Dont know what all the fuss is about.. hes no shoemaker, calls the back of the grid drivers monkeys and hasnt won a race... :p

Well done Lewis.. was only a matter of time, the 1st of many I hope also..

ROCK!!

:D

donKey jote
9th June 2007, 21:19
Great stuff :D

Corny
9th June 2007, 21:28
is he the youngest poleholder?

Zico
9th June 2007, 21:42
is he the youngest poleholder?

Nope.. Fernando is at 21 Years of age.. in Malaysia I think?

trumperZ06
9th June 2007, 21:44
;) Rubens was two months younger than LH is today...

when he qualified on the pole back in 1994 in Spa.

:D So that makes Hamilton the second youngest to have acheived a Pole position in Formula 1.

futuretiger9
9th June 2007, 21:53
May it be the first of many :D

I am sure that it will be.

Ian McC
9th June 2007, 22:36
Great performance again by Lewis, looking forward to tomorrow now :D

VkmSpouge
9th June 2007, 22:46
It was a very good performance by Lewis Hamilton, hopefully his race will match his qualifying.

race aficionado
9th June 2007, 23:29
The Lewis Hamilton adventure continues.

How can you not sit down and enjoy.

:s mokin:

Ranger
10th June 2007, 01:01
;) Rubens was two months younger than LH is today...

when he qualified on the pole back in 1994 in Spa.

:D So that makes Hamilton the second youngest to have acheived a Pole position in Formula 1.

3rd Youngest. Rubens Barrichello was 22 (about a month or two younger than Lewis) in Spa 1994 - But Alonso was 21 in Malaysia 2003 so he takes the cake here.

A sterling job by Lewis but I still think Fernando will be up front on race day - without his little oopsie he would definitely have been on pole.

wedge
10th June 2007, 01:28
Did Lewis say ''shoot'' or "sh*t" in the press conference?

It sounded a lot like the latter?

It is, especially when you do a very very neat lap and you know it's going to be quick and you're coming up to that last corner at 210 or whatever you're doing and you think…shoot, just don't mess it up.

tinchote
10th June 2007, 01:46
Great job by LH. Well, I guess, since I didn't watch the qualy ;)

Anyway, he was also fastest in Q2, if I'm not wrong. Good job :up:

PSfan
10th June 2007, 02:49
Congrats go to Hamilton, now if he can stay there and win, that would make me, and my FGP team happy :cheese:

Should be interesting to see if McLeran do any funny business with pit strategy, Ron has already said that he who qualifies best, gets first choice at pit strategy...

F1MAN2007
10th June 2007, 03:28
.......... Ron has already said that he who qualifies best, gets first choice at pit strategy...

Alonso is heavy than Lewis which can give him a little bit competitive advantage to build up the gap and try to pass Lewis during the pit!

But the Kid will get the pressure of the monkeys behind him (Alonso, Kimmi and Massa)!! I am impatient to see how he gonna handle this tomorrow.

Congratulations to him!!!!!

weeflyonthewall
10th June 2007, 03:31
LH gets Pole! Brilliant.......

aryan
10th June 2007, 05:37
Great job by LH. Well, I guess, since I didn't watch the qualy ;)

Anyway, he was also fastest in Q2, if I'm not wrong. Good job :up:

You missed it Tin. Sometimes I think qualis are more interesting than races this season!

Yepp, he was fastest in Q2 as well by something like 0.008 It would have been that close between them again in Q3 if Alonso hadn't stuffed it.

Kevincal
10th June 2007, 05:49
My cable went out during qualy's...how nice... :(

Racehound
10th June 2007, 05:54
3rd Youngest. Rubens Barrichello was 22 (about a month or two younger than Lewis) in Spa 1994 - But Alonso was 21 in Malaysia 2003 so he takes the cake here.

A sterling job by Lewis but I still think Fernando will be up front on race day - without his little oopsie he would definitely have been on pole.
and FA is carrying the heavier fuel load this time!!!!.....prob 3 0r 4 laps more than LH........lewboy gonna try and make a break for it from the start.... :) ....hold tight folks!"!!!

Racehound
10th June 2007, 06:04
LH gets Pole! Brilliant.......
anyone got a fly-swatter??? ;)

raikk
10th June 2007, 06:45
It's an honor for this young lad to get his first pole position in my country.. well done Lewis I will deffinetly be rooting for your first win good luck!

wmcot
10th June 2007, 07:36
Wow, 2 weeks ago we had LH "commenting" on being "Number 2" and RD admitting to "team strategy" then at the next race suddenly Lewis pops out at the top of the time sheets in qualifying...curiouser and curiouser...

Zico
10th June 2007, 11:46
Wow, 2 weeks ago we had LH "commenting" on being "Number 2" and RD admitting to "team strategy" then at the next race suddenly Lewis pops out at the top of the time sheets in qualifying...curiouser and curiouser...

Yep.. heavier Fuel load role reversal ? Will be interesting to see how Lewis handles it if that is the case..

Must be a nightmare for Ron trying to keep a 2 x WDC happy along with the hottest property in F1 at the moment.

Ranger
10th June 2007, 12:07
Yep.. heavier Fuel load role reversal ? Will be interesting to see how Lewis handles it if that is the case..

Must be a nightmare for Ron trying to keep a 2 x WDC happy along with the hottest property in F1 at the moment.

He's dealing with Senna vs. Prost version 2 with his current chums.

F1boat
10th June 2007, 13:29
I am not a fan of Hamilton, but well done for him!

ioan
10th June 2007, 15:28
:up: well done! :up:

stevie_gerrard
10th June 2007, 18:28
A very good qualifying session, and so far doing a solid job in the race :)