PDA

View Full Version : Gronholm doing Irish tarmac rally?

noel157
16th December 2006, 23:39
Anybody know if this is true? The Galway rally is the weekend before Sweden.

"Saturday, December 16, 2006

Some of the biggest names in world motor sport are in Paris this weekend for the annual Race of Champions.
Top drivers from Formula One, rallying, Touring Cars, karting and American stock car racing will be competing at the Stade de France today for the right to be called motor sport's ultimate driver.

One of those in Paris, former world rally champion Marcus Gronholm, has revealed he will be driving in next year's Galway International Rally."

Source-
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/breaking-news/sport/motor-sport/article2079618.ece

306 Cosworth
17th December 2006, 10:19
Wouldn't be surprised if it's true!

ste898
17th December 2006, 10:49
Now that would be worth going to see

1LM1
17th December 2006, 11:11
Galway? Nice landscapes (Connemara region). Should be a fast and an impressive rally I think.

I didn't even know the rally existed but could be worth going to see indeed with Gronhölm.

I suppose he wants to prepare for Rally Ireland. Maybe other top drivers could have the same idea.

sal
17th December 2006, 11:15
Galway can be pretty icy and will certainly be wet so could be the most realistic test for Rally Ireland conditions.

MJW
17th December 2006, 12:10
Galway - should be Rally Ireland

Simmi
17th December 2006, 12:36
Nice idea I think he needs all the help he can get on Tarmac against Loeb. Malcolm should send a new Focus out to a customer on the Irish Tarmac championship to get some setup feed back.

A.F.F.
17th December 2006, 12:53
I agree with Simmi. I haven't been to ireland but what I have seen from the footage, it seem that irish tarmac special stages aren't exactly the same as in Catalonya and Corsica. They seem very narrow and most of all bumpy.

I wait Rally ireland more than any rally next year... except NORF of course ;)

Koppomsbo
17th December 2006, 13:07
Great for Irish rally fans..

SubaruNorway
17th December 2006, 13:26
Some rumors on norsk-rally.com that Grönholm and Hirvonen are using Rally Hadeland the second round in the Norwegian championship as a test before Sweden wich runs the weekend before Galway.

Tomi
17th December 2006, 13:47
Some rumors on norsk-rally.com that Grönholm and Hirvonen are using Rally Hadeland the second round in the Norwegian championship as a test before Sweden wich runs the weekend before Galway.

Lets hope they do, it would be good for the Norwegians to once see proper rallydrivers on their homestages. :)

bennizw
17th December 2006, 14:55
I read this rumour on that forum too, and the best part of it is that I live at Hadeland! :D Not more than 15 kms or so from the stages! It'll be interesting to see where these rumours have come from, and if they're true at all?

Finni
17th December 2006, 18:18
Lets hope they do, it would be good for the Norwegians to once see proper rallydrivers on their homestages. :)

The level of straightforwardness in your national arrogance is quite unusual.
;)

Tomi
17th December 2006, 18:22
The level of straightforwardness in your national arrogance is quite unusual.
;)

Or maybe im only joking ;)