PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP Round 7 Catalunya

Ranger
9th June 2007, 00:55
Pedrosa quickest in both Friday sessions.

My picks:

Pole: Pedrosa
1. Rossi
2. Pedrosa
3. Stoner

With Hopkins, Barros not too far behind them. (Barring any huge turn 1 crashes)

tha_jackal
9th June 2007, 04:52
Hmm, very hot over there too.. 40 degrees plus track temp..

My pics:-

1. Pedrosa
2. Rossi
3. Vermeulen
Pole> Hopkins

Slightly optimistic i know, should be interesting racing none the less!

Peace!

Corny
9th June 2007, 08:47
I'm sure Dani can bring some extra's this weekend, maybe he'll be able to beat Vale?
And why are people not optimistic about Stoner anymore : P?

NinjaMaster
9th June 2007, 10:19
My thinking is pretty much exactly what Malllen has and I expect Nicky Hayden to be getting stronger as well.

Ranger
9th June 2007, 12:00
I'm sure Dani can bring some extra's this weekend, maybe he'll be able to beat Vale?
And why are people not optimistic about Stoner anymore : P?

Mugello seemed to highlight that a big straight doesn't mean a Ducati victory. :p :

But still, Casey will definitely be up there.

Personally I hope Pedrosa wins. The more riders up at the pointy end (no pun intended) of the standings the better. :up:

alfa155btcc
9th June 2007, 15:04
Rossi has Pole good job, but a word for De Ouniet on his Kawasaki with second great job, Pedrosa third and Stoner fourth, roll on tomorrow, what a race its gonna be if it`s really hot its gonna be between Rossi and pedrosa.

:s mokin:

Corny
9th June 2007, 15:15
rossi's runs were long and all around 42.3, Stoner made few short runs and drove 42.0 in them..

nobody has won from pole this year btw, that's not a good fact for Vale/yamaha

Mach24
9th June 2007, 23:57
Great effort by De Pu!

I have been a major critic this season, but credit where it is due.

(However a single good grid position does not a champion make)

tha_jackal
10th June 2007, 03:39
Great effort by De Pu!

I have been a major critic this season, but credit where it is due.

(However a single good grid position does not a champion make)

And hes riding with a knee swollen by 10cm (customised leathers) a bruised shoulder and a broken rib(s). From his crash in Mugello last weekend. Makes it all the more impressive.

mmciau
10th June 2007, 10:02
Come on Mr Stoner - do your best

Mike

ozrevhead
10th June 2007, 14:27
OH MY GOD!!!! What a Race!!! Woooooooooooootttttttt!!

That is MotoGP at its very best - hard, fair and exciting racing

Few can take whatever pressure Vale throw at them and return it in kind - this should despell the doubts that Casey cant match the very best.

This kid has got it!

Come on Mr Stoner - do your best
Mike
That he did Mike - That he did!

jim mcglinchey
10th June 2007, 14:35
That was brilliant, Casey really matched Vale in every way. Im delighted that he got that or it would've been 3 wins each.

Wasnt that a repeat of the Quatar result for the first four riders. Well done John.

CV got another mediocre start and carved a good finish out the hard way, and again he was just pipped by Loris by about 1/10 th.

T-D
10th June 2007, 14:53
that was a race for the ages. i hope that no one tries to downplay casey's accomplishment by citing a hp advantage. rossi outbraked him several times at the end of the straight and the duc only had a small top speed advantage.

that was a straight fight between two great riders on as near equal machinery as one can find in premier class racing between different makes. and casey won. i am going to archive this one.

casey stoner is peerless. the next great motogp champion.

also major props to rdp for a brilliant ride, as well.

ozrevhead
10th June 2007, 14:56
that was a race for the ages. i hope that no one tries to downplay casey's accomplishment by citing a hp advantage. rossi outbraked him several times at the end of the straight and the duc only had a small top speed advantage.

that was a straight fight between two great riders on as near equal machinery as one can find in premier class racing between different makes. and casey won. i am going to archive this one.

casey stoner is peerless. the next great motogp champion.

also major props to rdp for a brilliant ride, as well.
Rossi wasnt piling the pressure on the straights - it was in the twisty parts of the corner

I wonder if Ducati are sacrificing a bit of horse power for better handling in the corners and hence a better all round package

Allyc85
10th June 2007, 16:10
awsome race!!

Man of the race easily goes to Randy, considering his injuries and the bike he is on. It was only friday I was thinking he was fighting for his ride next year with the pressure the team boss is putting on the riders.

Got to say well done to Stoner, for the 1st time this year I really respected his ride and saw how much hes matured. Last year he would have flung the bike into the scenery, but not now.

aryan
10th June 2007, 16:18
What a race.

I usually don't watch motorbikes too much, but boy was this a race!

First time watching casey stoner, and he beat Rossi fair and square.

Congradulations to him.

jonny hurlock
10th June 2007, 21:45
last two weeks two super great races,loads of ovedrtaking, thats racing sould be

AndyRAC
10th June 2007, 21:51
Absolutely brilliant, can't beat racing like that. The best motorsport on the planet, by a mile. F1 would give for racing like that. Unfortunately over here in UK it's still ignored by the general media, radio and papers just ignore it ( or give it 2 lines), not good enough, about time it got the coverage it deserves.

MrJan
10th June 2007, 22:15
De Puniet looked in real pain when he got off the bike and only just managed a slight smile for the camera despite a superb ride. Must have really hurt when he had that coming together with Hopper or whoever it was.

Great stuff up the front. Shame Dani wasn't good on the brakes otherwise it could have been a three way battle. Really got me fired up for going to my first GP at Donnington. Hopefully it'll be a race at least half as good as that, something to tell the grandkids about.

As for Moto GP not getting good coverage in the UK I'm not so sure. I'll agree that football, rugby, tennis and cricket get more but in the Times they usually have a full page on each race of good stuff and it's been known to take the back page. Also we have live coverage of race and qualifying on the BBC. Compared to the coverage that some countries get it's amazing. PLus you can always buy dedicated news papers like MCN.

AndyRAC
10th June 2007, 22:33
Agree that the BBC coverage is good, don't complain about that. I was moaning that when I turned on the radio, 5 Live and Talksport, they didn't mention it at all; they mentioned tennis, darts, Rugby League, Sorry but Moto GP is a lot bigger than them 3 sports, 112,000 attended the race today, don't think those three sports got that combined. Absolutely scandalous that they continue to ignore tis great sport.

jso1985
11th June 2007, 01:13
Stoner got his degree in Great MotoGP riding today.
One of the best races I have seen of any motorsport in a while, :up: to Stoner, Rossi and Pedrosa for the good show they gave, double :up: :up: to De Puniet and I still wonder if Hayden will ever ride like a champion...

ShiftingGears
11th June 2007, 03:03
Fantastic race! Stoner really stuck it to Rossi - rode like a champion today.

Wim_Impreza
11th June 2007, 10:56
Great race again. Really much action as always, only 0.390 seconds between Stoner and Pedrosa. Hopkins did a good race and respect also for de Puniet. Second place in qualifying and a nice fifth place in the race and that with his injuries.

Next weekend WSB in Misano, then Donington and at the end of June Assen. We have great motorsport weekends for us.

NinjaMaster
11th June 2007, 11:09
I still wonder if Hayden will ever ride like a champion...

He did, last year.

That was just a sensational race. My heart nearly burst out of my chest in those last few laps! I think Casey dispelled any question marks that may have remained about his title contention credentials. He beat Rossi straight up and rode an absolutely faultless race. Congrats to Rossi and Dani too who helped make it such an awesome spectacle. Rossi and Stoner were so evenly matched and Pedrosa just lacked that tiny edge to do more than just watch from behind them. Another very solid ride for John Hopkins and I was rapt for Randy to come 5th, especially after coming together with Elias and banged his crook knee, but still managed to catch and pass Toni in a few laps. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for RdP and Team Kwak.

Also wanted to mention Jorge's post race celebration. His "rock star" performance was as funny a celebration as I have seen.

Can't wait for the rest of the season.

alfa155btcc
15th June 2007, 01:07
Credit where credit is due, Stoner did well and held onto the win, Rossi did say on italian tv that he was riding near enough at his most and could not get anything else out of bike. Still know Ducati has that little more top end speed and that favoured it only just on Catalunya straight, Stoner will be there at end of season and i hope it goes to the last race, but still want Rossi to be champion but stoner with what he has shown would be a worthy champion if he did it, just think you can never count The Doctor out. Roll on Donington, hoping to be there for friday practice, and i must not forget a big big shout out to De Puniet what a qualifying and final race position well done to the french man.
:s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

leopard
15th June 2007, 04:40
I see actually Dani has the chance together with Rossi and Stoner taking part in the party, but he didn't do it, tend to make a safe close distance behind them.

Glad to see Stoner racing that way, it spices the race up more entertaining.

jim mcglinchey
15th June 2007, 10:50
Cant understand anyone wanting Rossi to be champ again when the racing is infinitely more exciting with guys who can run with and beat him.

Straight after the race Dani was saying that he hadnt the confidence in the front that would have allowed him to outbrake the others and thats why he never looked like winning.

leopard
15th June 2007, 10:54
I didn't, I'd acknowledge whoever the champ, including Hayden :\

alfa155btcc
17th June 2007, 16:01
Cant understand anyone wanting Rossi to be champ again when the racing is infinitely more exciting with guys who can run with and beat him.

Straight after the race Dani was saying that he hadnt the confidence in the front that would have allowed him to outbrake the others and thats why he never looked like winning.

You don`t understand Rossi on his day no one can touch him and if he was on a Ducati there would be no competition, I am a Rossi fan and want him to winwhat is wrong with that, I want it to be close but still want rossi to regain the championship. :s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

tha_jackal
17th June 2007, 16:05
You don`t understand Rossi on his day no one can touch him and if he was on a Ducati there would be no competition, I am a Rossi fan and want him to winwhat is wrong with that, I want it to be close but still want rossi to regain the championship. :s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

One eyed drivel! You have no grounds to say Rossi would be competetive on the Ducati/Bridgestone mount. It just happens to be the perfect combination for young Casey (look at Capirossi, Hoffman, Barros etc.) The last two years of GP racing have really exposed your 'hero' as just 'another rider.'

Losing his title to Nicky in 07 and now being fought and beaten by a young upstart in red just shows Rossi needs everything EXACTLY right for him in order to win, just like ANYONE else ;)

alfa155btcc
18th June 2007, 10:04
One eyed drivel! You have no grounds to say Rossi would be competetive on the Ducati/Bridgestone mount. It just happens to be the perfect combination for young Casey (look at Capirossi, Hoffman, Barros etc.) The last two years of GP racing have really exposed your 'hero' as just 'another rider.'

Losing his title to Nicky in 07 and now being fought and beaten by a young upstart in red just shows Rossi needs everything EXACTLY right for him in order to win, just like ANYONE else ;)

Oh you are so wrong, he is not just like any other rider he is one of the best riders to have ever taken part in top class motorcycle racing, you don`t get 7 world titles for nothing, what has casey done yet nothing not saying he won`t be champ but what has he won upto today, and as for last season Hayden was only world champ because he finished every race, you can`t deny rossi had a lot of bad luck, and i know if rossi was on ducati he would be past your man stoner on the straights that is for sure. Good LUck to Stoner but come on Rossi you can do it, and you seem to forget Mugello Barros passed him on Ducati to claim 3rd so what`s your point he`s on Factory Ducati not satelite team.

Ranger
18th June 2007, 10:25
Good LUck to Stoner but come on Rossi you can do it, and you seem to forget Mugello Barros passed him on Ducati to claim 3rd so what`s your point he`s on Factory Ducati not satelite team.

Everyone has their bad days. On that day Stoner finished 4th, on his other bad day he finished 5th, in Jerez. You seem to forget that Rossi finished 10th in Instanbul and 6th in Le Mans on his bad days. For sure Rossi would probably be winning more with a Ducati but come on, Stoner has completely wiped the floor with everyone else on the Ducati's, and was only beaten by a Ducati this year once - by a guy who is a race winning rider who has been around in the premier class since 1990. Of course everyone wants a close championship but you can't exactly prove your assumptions.

Peace! :s mokin:

osg
18th June 2007, 11:37
It's an interesting situation that Valentino finds himself in. Up until this season, he hadn't come across anyone who managed to cope with the psychological and "track" pressure that Vale exerts....... now Casey seems to have found the "nirvana" package for him, and seems totally confident and oblivious to pressure around him, which for me having followed him since his 250 debut is incredible........ even as early as last year he continually pushed the boundaries until the equipment threw him off.

Valentino is a 7 time World Champion, and like Doohan went 5 straight. It's a massive call to say the conditions were perfect for 5 years..... he was simply too dominant in all areas, particularly in the psychological wars, just ask Gibernau, Biaggi, Capirossi etc etc etc.....

He had no right to even be that close to Hayden last year given the state of the M1, it was a bucket of ****. Just look where the next best Yamaha rider was last year..... and this year for that matter.

I might get crucified for this, as i have on many other forums, but Hayden last year was a recipient of circumstance..... he just rode around, risk free and waited for Vale to either fall or have points taken from him through mechanical failure. Congrats to him, he has a World Title and no-one can take that away from him, but he will go down as another Kenny Roberts Jnr..........

Valentino has the ability to adapt to machinery like no other rider can, that is fact. Put him on the Ducati and it is a given he would be leading the title race. As an Aussie, i love seeing Casey riding this well, but my heart lies with Rossi, as it has done since 1996.

NinjaMaster
18th June 2007, 12:28
You don`t understand Rossi on his day no one can touch him and if he was on a Ducati there would be no competition, I am a Rossi fan and want him to winwhat is wrong with that, I want it to be close but still want rossi to regain the championship.

This is why I'm no longer a massive Rossi fan (amongst some other reasons). The arrogance of so many of his supporters annoys me. Stoner or Pedrosa on their day are also untouchable. Yes he is probably still the best rider and his record is legendary but why should he still be unbeatable? Even Tiger Woods gets beaten, he is human.

Oh you are so wrong, he is not just like any other rider he is one of the best riders to have ever taken part in top class motorcycle racing, you don`t get 7 world titles for nothing, what has casey done yet nothing not saying he won`t be champ but what has he won upto today, and as for last season Hayden was only world champ because he finished every race, you can`t deny rossi had a lot of bad luck, and i know if rossi was on ducati he would be past your man stoner on the straights that is for sure. Good LUck to Stoner but come on Rossi you can do it, and you seem to forget Mugello Barros passed him on Ducati to claim 3rd so what`s your point he`s on Factory Ducati not satelite team.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? No one disputes Vales record, but the new guys coming through are making him work because they aren't intimidated by him and aren't buying his mind games.

It's an interesting situation that Valentino finds himself in. Up until this season, he hadn't come across anyone who managed to cope with the psychological and "track" pressure that Vale exerts....... now Casey seems to have found the "nirvana" package for him, and seems totally confident and oblivious to pressure around him, which for me having followed him since his 250 debut is incredible........ even as early as last year he continually pushed the boundaries until the equipment threw him off.

Valentino is a 7 time World Champion, and like Doohan went 5 straight. It's a massive call to say the conditions were perfect for 5 years..... he was simply too dominant in all areas, particularly in the psychological wars, just ask Gibernau, Biaggi, Capirossi etc etc etc.....

He had no right to even be that close to Hayden last year given the state of the M1, it was a bucket of ****. Just look where the next best Yamaha rider was last year..... and this year for that matter.

I might get crucified for this, as i have on many other forums, but Hayden last year was a recipient of circumstance..... he just rode around, risk free and waited for Vale to either fall or have points taken from him through mechanical failure. Congrats to him, he has a World Title and no-one can take that away from him, but he will go down as another Kenny Roberts Jnr..........

Valentino has the ability to adapt to machinery like no other rider can, that is fact. Put him on the Ducati and it is a given he would be leading the title race. As an Aussie, i love seeing Casey riding this well, but my heart lies with Rossi, as it has done since 1996.

The M1 last year was a fast bike, especially by seasons end, it was just unreliable.
And your assertion that Nicky just rolled around and won the title is garbage. He rode real hard and 10 podiums including 2 wins as well as 4 other top 5's is a bloody good year. There's no doubt he lacks that extra edge to win races consistently but to say that he just waited for Vale to crash or break down is insulting. Yes it will be his only title but he deserved it.
It's not a given that Rossi would be leading the title on a Ducati. He wouldn't have Jerry Burgess tuning for him and he would have a competitive teammate on the other side of the garage, a question mark we have never had to see him answer until hopefully next year if Lorenzo (please Jorge, do it!) joins Yamaha.

osg
18th June 2007, 12:43
The M1 last year was a fast bike, especially by seasons end, it was just unreliable.
And your assertion that Nicky just rolled around and won the title is garbage. He rode real hard and 10 podiums including 2 wins as well as 4 other top 5's is a bloody good year. There's no doubt he lacks that extra edge to win races consistently but to say that he just waited for Vale to crash or break down is insulting. Yes it will be his only title but he deserved it.
It's not a given that Rossi would be leading the title on a Ducati. He wouldn't have Jerry Burgess tuning for him and he would have a competitive teammate on the other side of the garage, a question mark we have never had to see him answer until hopefully next year if Lorenzo (please Jorge, do it!) joins Yamaha.

look, i don't have any issues with anything you've said ninja......... but put simply Hayden managed to stay out of trouble all year whilst those around him fell by the wayside, and that is fact. Capirossi ,Gibernau, Melandri and Pedrosa all had their issues last year....... Hayden had just the one when Dani took him out in the penultimate round.

I guess we'll not see eye to eye on this mate, as i think Hayden is a stiff who will be back in AMA before too long....... he's been on top flite machinery since he arrived in MotoGP 4 years ago and has done f**k all in my opinion up until last year..... but thats just it, my opinion.

As for Lorenzo teaming up with Rossi............ if Yamaha do draft that little twat in, they'll have a team without Valentino, as he has said more than once that he cannot stand him, and would walk away if that happened.

Ranger
18th June 2007, 13:15
look, i don't have any issues with anything you've said ninja......... but put simply Hayden managed to stay out of trouble all year whilst those around him fell by the wayside, and that is fact. Capirossi ,Gibernau, Melandri and Pedrosa all had their issues last year....... Hayden had just the one when Dani took him out in the penultimate round.

Something that is overlooked is that Hayden took a podium in the final race of the year and clinched the title with a broken shoulder, which should say something to some people. As said earlier, it'll probably be his only title, but he deserved it.

On another note, when was the last time someone other than Rossi won 4 or more races in a year? KRjr in 2000?

osg
18th June 2007, 20:35
Something that is overlooked is that Hayden took a podium in the final race of the year and clinched the title with a broken shoulder, which should say something to some people. As said earlier, it'll probably be his only title, but he deserved it.

On another note, when was the last time someone other than Rossi won 4 or more races in a year? KRjr in 2000?

..... and i admire that from Hayden....... he has his title and it's in the books, no arguements here.

And yes, Kenny Jn in 2000 won 4 on his way to grabbing the title.

Mach24
18th June 2007, 23:39

I guess we'll not see eye to eye on this mate, as i think Hayden is a stiff who will be back in AMA before too long....... he's been on top flite machinery since he arrived in MotoGP 4 years ago and has done f**k all in my opinion up until last year..... but thats just it, my opinion.

As for Lorenzo teaming up with Rossi............ if Yamaha do draft that little twat in, they'll have a team without Valentino, as he has said more than once that he cannot stand him, and would walk away if that happened.

I think it was on this forum I described the Hayden championship as soft and the thing is he went as hard as he could. I think that is why many question the depth of his skills. Hayden has had access to the best equipment in the best team! However Nicky Hayden won the MotoGP World Championship of 2006 and no one can ever take that away. Simply competing at this level (at least the first half of the grid) shows you are a cut above the rest (or funding your ride).

It is difficult to speculate accurately on Rossi at Ducati, one thing for sure he would be competitive. I do not think there is anyone (informed) on this forum who would question Rossi's ability. We all get bored with the same person winning over and over again but last season cured me of that and now I am enjoying watching Rossi have some young guns push him to his limits. I want to see Rossi fight for the championship and if he wins one or two more it will add to his legend.

The Doohan era whilst golden is a little hollow in comparison to Rossi who has won his titles against stiff opposition and also took the ultimate challenge to change manufacturers and go against the flow to a team that was at the time clearly weaker. I was not old enough to watch and enjoy racing in the years of 'Ago' and Kenny snr, but I imagine the competition is much stiffer now and that Valentino Rossi is the greatest motorcycle racer in the history of planet earth. (By the way Rossi is not my favourite rider, I just acknowledge his extreme talent).

alfa155btcc
18th June 2007, 23:50
Everyone has their bad days. On that day Stoner finished 4th, on his other bad day he finished 5th, in Jerez. You seem to forget that Rossi finished 10th in Instanbul and 6th in Le Mans on his bad days. For sure Rossi would probably be winning more with a Ducati but come on, Stoner has completely wiped the floor with everyone else on the Ducati's, and was only beaten by a Ducati this year once - by a guy who is a race winning rider who has been around in the premier class since 1990. Of course everyone wants a close championship but you can't exactly prove your assumptions.

Peace! :s mokin:

I`m not assuming anything just said credit where credit is due stoner has done well so far, what`s wrong in saying he has a better bike he truely has would like to know your views if the roles were switched and your man stoner was on a Yamaha

Saluti
:s mokin:

alfa155btcc
18th June 2007, 23:53

Great Points you make a couple of which i was going too but you beat me to it

Distitni Saluti

alfa155btcc
19th June 2007, 00:07
This is why I'm no longer a massive Rossi fan (amongst some other reasons). The arrogance of so many of his supporters annoys me. Stoner or Pedrosa on their day are also untouchable. Yes he is probably still the best rider and his record is legendary but why should he still be unbeatable? Even Tiger Woods gets beaten, he is human.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? No one disputes Vales record, but the new guys coming through are making him work because they aren't intimidated by him and aren't buying his mind games.

What is wrong with rossi fan`s ? I can`t speak for them just for myself and i don`t think he is arrogant he is not Michael Schumacher and he has a great personality and not a wanna be personality like Lorenzo. How you can say you can`t stand the arrogance of the rossi fan`s i don`t understand as you once was one, does`nt say much for you. and anyone who has a little knowledge about motocycles if you put Rossi, Stoner and Pedrosa on an exact bike you know who would come out 1st and that`s the doctor.

The Phantom
19th June 2007, 03:15
Regarding the 'fastest bike' arguement - show me a season, any season, where the champion at the end of the season was not on one of, if not the, fastest bike in the field.

It's part and parcel of racing.

YES Stoner is riding a fast bike, and may take the title. Do you think Doohan took 5 titles on slow bikes? Agostini? Rossi?

So let's stop whinging about the Ducati's performance, huh? It's NORMAL for at least one bike to be faster than all others; for a good ten years it was the Honda, but I don't recall anyone saying Doohan and Rossi were being gifted championships because of it.

The guy who takes the title has, in no particular order:

1. A fast bike
2. A good crew
3. Talent
4. Luck

OK here's where I go out on a limb and predict that Ducati will take both WSB and MotoGP titles in 2007...

NinjaMaster
19th June 2007, 09:12

I've got no problem with you're opinion of Haydens talent not being of the absolute elite level. I agree. I think that there are probably half a dozen blokes in MotoGP who are more talented and all the stars aligned last year that allowed him to win what, I think, will be his only MotoGP title. But it annoys me when I see people try to belittle his achievement, making it sound like anyone could have rolled around on his bike and won the title last year. He had 5 podiums in the first 6 rounds before Catalunya last year, beating a lot more fancied rivals when they were at full strength. You can't do that by being a complete dud.

On Lorenzo, I don't particularly like him but I would like to see Rossi have a fast teammate to put him under some pressure for a change rather than be able to dictate Schumacher-esque who his slower teammate will be. And it is in Yamaha's best interest to have a second fast rider, a) for the future post-Rossi and b) if Vale gets injured they have a title backup.

NinjaMaster
19th June 2007, 09:24
What is wrong with rossi fan`s ? I can`t speak for them just for myself and i don`t think he is arrogant he is not Michael Schumacher and he has a great personality and not a wanna be personality like Lorenzo. How you can say you can`t stand the arrogance of the rossi fan`s i don`t understand as you once was one, does`nt say much for you. and anyone who has a little knowledge about motocycles if you put Rossi, Stoner and Pedrosa on an exact bike you know who would come out 1st and that`s the doctor.

The problem I have with Rossi fans (in general) is that they have a tendancy to not just talk up their man, which I am fine with, but feel the need to badmouth anyone who achieves something against him. It happened with constant dumping on Hayden over the off-season and now belittling Stoner, trying to suggest he is only in front because of his bike. It is a generalisation, I know, but I know a lot of Rossi fans and read a lot of 'em on forums and they are too willing, too often to put other riders down.

Why is Lorenzo a wanna-be personality? Because Rossi had themed celebrations first then no-one else can do them? Give me a break. I saw Vale colour his hair after Anthony Gobert did it so perhaps he is just a Go-Show copy cat.

MrJan
19th June 2007, 21:11
I choose to wade into the discussion late on and without reading most of the above posts so apologies if what I see has been said before :)

Rossi is certainly human like all the other riders but he is also very exciting and very, very good. When he moved to Yamaha many people thought he would struggle however with the money, knowledge and people he brings with him the team was turned around in the off season and came back really strongly.

I also find that at every race even if Vale is several places down with 6 laps to go I expect him to pull off some great passes and win. Admitedly he doesn't always do it but it is exciting watching him try, fail, succeed or get out riden by another rider. If Rossi wins the championship again it certainly won't be boring (can't quite see your pov on that Jim as probably the most boring championship, in terms of exciting races, was last year when Nicky won, although the last few races did get interesting cos of points positions).

I may not agree with some of his tactics or blindfolded fans but I think that at the moment Rossi is the most talented rider out there, even if the young guns are now hot on his heels.

Whether Vale wins or loses this season it is going to be one hell of a battle and I don't see how it can be a bad thing if he DOES come out on top, at least we'll be able to say that he was pushed for it by Stoner and Pesdrosa.

tha_jackal
20th June 2007, 03:21
The problem I have with Rossi fans (in general) is that they have a tendancy to not just talk up their man, which I am fine with, but feel the need to badmouth anyone who achieves something against him. It happened with constant dumping on Hayden over the off-season and now belittling Stoner, trying to suggest he is only in front because of his bike. It is a generalisation, I know, but I know a lot of Rossi fans and read a lot of 'em on forums and they are too willing, too often to put other riders down.

Why is Lorenzo a wanna-be personality? Because Rossi had themed celebrations first then no-one else can do them? Give me a break. I saw Vale colour his hair after Anthony Gobert did it so perhaps he is just a Go-Show copy cat.

Why did WE have to get lumped with a couple of Rossi fanatics on here, it was such a peaceful place beforehand! :D No ones doubting Vale's special abilities, just pointing out that this year Stoner (and to a lesser extent Nicky last year) is making him look like nothing more than another competetive rider in the paddock, not a five time premier class champ and seven time world champ DOMINATOR machine.. Thats all :)