scbgers
8th June 2007, 16:47
Who thinks David Coulthard should race with a big team next season

andreag
8th June 2007, 17:08
You mean apart from himself?

GridGirl
8th June 2007, 17:30
He's still driving to a great standard, but its kind of hard to him to go back to a big team. He started with Williams who were a big influential team at the time, he spent years at McLaren when they were winning championships. I've never see him as a being a Ferrari driver. That pretty much only leave him options of going to Renault and Honda who are having terrible season's.

I think he'll stink with what he's got. Well no, I'm sure he'd negotiate a pay rise if he's got any sense. ;)

Big Ben
8th June 2007, 18:01
I think what he needs is to free a f1 seat. IMO DC has a really strange evolution. He gets overrated now... at the end of his career.

jens
8th June 2007, 18:48
DC has so far had two good and three not-so-good races. I'll clarify my attitude about his appearance in next year's F1 line-up after mid-season after seeing some other races and his performances there.

I have somewhere expressed my hope to see one young driver next year in Red Bull and at the moment, when the outcome of the MW-DC battle is still quite unclear, it is still hard to decide, which should stay and where the other one should go and why one of them should leave anyway.

But at least DC looks motivated to give his best to stay in F1. Now we just have to wait and see whether his 'best' is good enough to keep himself in F1.

call_me_andrew
8th June 2007, 22:18
He should certainly be with a big team next year.

Just not a Formula One team. :cool:

futuretiger9
8th June 2007, 23:18
In flashes this season, DC has shown his essential quality, but at his age I can't see him joining one of the big teams.

Valve Bounce
9th June 2007, 02:44
The fellow who posted this thread has only 4 posts, and he seems to like trolling with contentious threads, two of which have already been shut down. :rolleyes:

Racehound
9th June 2007, 05:25
He should certainly be with a big team next year.

Just not a Formula One team. :cool:
incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

Racehound
9th June 2007, 05:32
incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????
the 1 comment with clarity!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave B
9th June 2007, 09:36
What's to say that by next year Red Bull won't be a big team?

BeansBeansBeans
9th June 2007, 09:52
What's to say that by next year Red Bull won't be a big team?

Exactly :up:

He isn't going to get a drive with the current front-runners (Ferrari, McLaren) but next year Red Bull could be the best of the rest.

Ranger
9th June 2007, 12:05
I'd say he's done enough for another year in F1 but I wouldn't go hyping him too much.

wedge
9th June 2007, 13:03
I think he should join Toyota - along with a young team mate. I think he could give Toyota a few pointers where they're going wrong.

trumperZ06
9th June 2007, 21:18
Exactly :up:

He isn't going to get a drive with the current front-runners (Ferrari, McLaren) but next year Red Bull could be the best of the rest.

:rolleyes: Hhmmmm... Y'all really think so ???

:dozey: Possible but... NOT LIKELY !!! ;)

D C's much more likely to be out of Formula 1 than Red Bull is likely to be...

The Best of the rest !!!

MJW
9th June 2007, 21:43
I think he should be with Mercedes in DTM.

jens
9th June 2007, 21:47
I think he should be with Mercedes in DTM.

That sounds like an interesting option. He'll get a chance to be in the same team with Häkkinen again. ;)

rohanweb
10th June 2007, 20:28
I think he should join Toyota - along with a young team mate. I think he could give Toyota a few pointers where they're going wrong.

I agree with the above,
DC will be very handy for Toyota to develop thier car in terms of experience, and I dont think for his age and exp. DC is too slow on the grid.