PDA

View Full Version : Britain is better than America

AndySpeed
16th December 2006, 16:42
...in the geography cup at least. If you're British or American, play for your country here:

http://www.geographycup.com/

Of course the scores could change, but the fact that so many Americans have already played and are still losing makes it more difficult for them!

I can't play because the site thinks I'm not in the UK, probably down to the universities network settings or something but I'll be home and on a proper internet connection tomorrow :D

f.i.s.m.
16th December 2006, 16:52
...in the geography cup at least. If you're British or American, play for your country here:

http://www.geographycup.com/

Of course the scores could change, but the fact that so many Americans have already played and are still losing makes it more difficult for them!

I can't play because the site thinks I'm not in the UK, probably down to the universities network settings or something but I'll be home and on a proper internet connection tomorrow :D

I'm at home and it doesn't think I'm from the US. What cheaters, the US is definitely going to lose now

Captain VXR
16th December 2006, 20:11
I am from England, yet it thinks I live abroad

speedy king
16th December 2006, 20:31
Sounds like bit of a 'geographical joke' to me ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
16th December 2006, 20:45
I don't live in the Uk either apparently.

It probably meant to say I don't live in London, since that's where everyone from the UK lives. :rolleyes:

Nick The Flick
16th December 2006, 22:49
We are also winning in the "Messed-up excecutions league"

We have a clean sheet looking back at the stats for the last 40 years.

Rollo
17th December 2006, 00:49
I live in Australia. This knows that I don't live in either the UK or the US and won't let me register.

Does this mean that either the US or the UK will just tell Australia what to do and we'll do it like normal? :D

veeten
17th December 2006, 01:00
I live in Australia. This knows that I don't live in either the UK or the US and won't let me register.

Does this mean that either the US or the UK will just tell Australia what to do and we'll do it like normal? :D

... as usual. Now, shaddup and get in line. ;) :p

Sleeper
17th December 2006, 01:30
For some reason, it doesnt think I live in the UK. :s

Dave B
17th December 2006, 18:48
It thinks I'm outside the UK and US too. I tried using a proxy with the same result. Pah.

Alfa Fan
17th December 2006, 18:52
Sorry, we don't offer this challenge outside of the US and the UK, as yet. Please check back in the future for any changes to this policy.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Drew
17th December 2006, 18:55
Won't let me register either....

speedy king
17th December 2006, 21:06
Trick and Joke on the attempting players considering its a 'Geography' quiz anyone.......

sonic_roadhog
17th December 2006, 21:18
obviously none of us have any geographical knowledge. All these years I thought I lived in the UK but this website obviously knows better :rolleyes:

Sonic :)

Gibbsy
18th December 2006, 11:03
We are also winning in the "Messed-up excecutions league"

We have a clean sheet looking back at the stats for the last 40 years.

...I can think of a certain grieving family of a poor brazillian bloke who might diasgree...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4713753.stm

AndySpeed
19th December 2006, 11:18
Just a quick note, it seems that the site is able to recognise that I am from the UK at last!

Captain VXR
19th December 2006, 17:56
I screwed on it :erm: