PDA

View Full Version : Earnhardt A ****er

muggle not
6th June 2007, 14:29
http://autoracingsport.com/nascar/so-nascar-takes-no-talent/

Published June 5th, 2007 in NASCAR
Autoracing1.com, a racing site heavily promoting the ‘virtues’ of dying racing series’ Champ Car and the IRL while decidedly being anti-NASCAR had some choice words to say (or their source though one is not listed) regarding Dale Earnhardt, Jr’s talent level and the talent it takes to drive in NASCAR:

Dale Earnhardt, Jr] NASCAR’s most popular driver was recently ranked 10th on Sports Illustrated’s 2007 “Fortunate 50″ a ranking of the 50 top-earning American athletes; his reported income; $27.1 million.

This is what is wrong with American racing. When a ****er of a driver can become the sport’s biggest hero, one can safely say that America won’t be producing another world driving champion anytime soon. So far America has produced only two world driving champions, Phil Hill and Mario Andretti, and there’s one thing for certain, the next world champion won’t be coming from a 100% throttle, no talent required, racing series anytime soon.

Alexamateo
6th June 2007, 17:07
When I was a kid, there was hardly any racing on tv, it was barely covered in the papers, and there was of course no internet. I discovered National Speed Sport News and begged my parents for a subscription. I was then and still am a racing fan. I don't understand and fail to see the need to run down other series, just because they don't happen to be your favorites.

Sure, I prefer Nascar, Indycars and sprinters over F1, champcar and sports cars, but I'm not going to disrespect you, because your tastes are different from mine, That's what makes the world go round.

And as far as saying some disciplines don't require talent, that's ridiculous, it's just a different skill set. If Junior is a no-talent ****er, What does that make JPM? I thought so, just stupid words designed to inflame.

Why can't we just be racing fans? Why the insistence on choosing sides?

BenRoethig
6th June 2007, 17:15
Haven't we learned not to take MarkC and Co.'s rants seriously anymore? AR1 is heavily biased towards open wheel formula road racing.

tstran17_88
6th June 2007, 18:35
Consider the source. I used to link to this board through AR1 and don't anymore out of protest. Not that it means anything except to me.

Jonesi
6th June 2007, 20:43
Haven't we learned not to take MarkC and Co.'s rants seriously anymore? AR1 is heavily biased towards open wheel formula road racing.

I don't think the last paragraph (the rant) is MarkC's, I think it was added by the blogger at autoracingsport, and who can't be bothered to put their name on their comments.