PDA

View Full Version : Only just got TRD3...

AndyRAC
6th June 2007, 14:01
Only just bought TRD3 on Platinum, must say I'm impressed, great fun, any tips, and which are the best tracks? Is the Nurburgring Nordschleife on it?

real_illusions
6th June 2007, 14:17
sadly the nordschlieffe isn't on it.

As for tips..umm..practise! ;) The best tracks are usually down to personal preference.

If you want to enter any of the championships on here then see the website i put together for it - http://www.trd3racing.surrealillusions.co.uk/

johnny shell
6th June 2007, 14:18
well if you want to know about trd3 you probably came to the right place.

I like spa, laguna seca, & Indy, to name a few.

zadnerdorf, silverstone, donington, and that really long track in australia that's like spa only really narrow and with concrete walls everywhere are memorable too.

real_illusions
6th June 2007, 14:19
zadnerdorf = zandvoort

that really long track in australia that's like spa only really narrow and with concrete walls everywhere = bathurst

;)

johnny shell
6th June 2007, 14:30
yeah, those are the tracks!

thanks RI!

johnny shell
6th June 2007, 14:36
p.s. there's a decent TRD3 forum on codemasters site too -

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=267

johnny shell
6th June 2007, 14:52
oh yeah - and I like oran park for some reason too... and there's something special about Adelaide.

AndyRAC
6th June 2007, 16:29
Cheers thanks, I've played Bathurst on TOCA Touring Cars from the PS1, GREAT TRACK!! Loved the Formula 1000 and mini GT cars, fantastic stuff. Looking forward to playing it more.

johnny shell
6th June 2007, 16:57
I love open wheelers.

what are the mini GT cars?

ready2rock
8th June 2007, 14:48
personally i find the clio cup on 110% the most competitve racing on the game :)

Luffield
8th June 2007, 22:38
You've got to try out the Monster Trucks. What a blast. :s mokin:

As for the rest of the game there's too many race formats and cars to mention so for now enjoy. :) :up:

Luffield
8th June 2007, 22:40
personally i find the clio cup on 110% the most competitve racing on the game :)

I've found the Clio Cup is just like the real thing at any level (bumping, barging and cars going off all over the place) :eek:

Brown, Jon Brow
8th June 2007, 22:42
Try Pro-simulation handling in the DTM at Oschersleben in the wet if you want a real challenge. Or 1970's BMW Gt cars in the wet and Donington.

johnny shell
8th June 2007, 22:45
or the mid-engine cars - the Lambos and Ferrari's. (although due to lincensing they're called something else)

I think they're under GT cars. those things are a beast! and the mid-engine cars seem to break away so fast, with little warning.

but those70's BMW's are a bitch too!

steve_spackman
9th June 2007, 00:15
give the british gt a go..great fun..also (as said above) the clios too

Luffield
9th June 2007, 21:55
The 70's BMW would be the M1 then. It took me ages to get one of those to the end of a lap without the thing looking like i'd been in a demolition derby.

Damn tricky things. :up:

Zico
9th June 2007, 22:36
And the F1.. is just crazy fast, recalibrates your brain, its weird.. play F1 then go out in your real car and everything happens in super-slow motion. :D

AndyRAC
11th June 2007, 16:02
I love open wheelers.

what are the mini GT cars?

Global Lights GT cars, R1 Yamaha engined cars.