PDA

View Full Version : Could PuT get involved with this?

JDPower
6th June 2007, 06:14
Santa Pod Truck Show (http://uktruckshow.co.uk/)

Maybe get a couple of trucks there for a couple of demo drag runs like the big trucks are doing?

Tiesse
6th June 2007, 06:16
I see Shane Lynch will be there!

racing59
6th June 2007, 06:47
Since when has Santa Pod been near Wellingborough?

But yes - a good excuse for some PuT and Rockingham PR me thinks.....

JDPower
6th June 2007, 07:11
I see Shane Lynch will be there!
Don't let that put you off :cheese:

He'll probably go awol at the first sight of a fast drag run anyway :devil:

JDPower
6th June 2007, 07:14
Since when has Santa Pod been near Wellingborough?
Err, always AFAIK

JG Fan
6th June 2007, 10:39
More PR = more people = more money - more cars = happy JG Fan

racing59
6th June 2007, 21:02
Err, always AFAIK

Blimey, has it moved then?

It was near Rushden when I went to school. In fact the last time I went there. It's nearer Bedford than Wellingboro', and as it's in Bedfordshire...

I suppose it's because it has a NN postcode (being near Rushden), and the postal address being Wellingboro'. A bit like Boston being near Peterborough because it has a PE postcode.....

turn 4 mad
6th June 2007, 21:40
Don't let that put you off :cheese:

He'll probably go awol at the first sight of a fast drag run anyway :devil:

hee hee hee
you think he will turn up?

JDPower
6th June 2007, 21:41
Blimey, has it moved then?

It was near Rushden when I went to school. In fact the last time I went there. It's nearer Bedford than Wellingboro', and as it's in Bedfordshire...

I suppose it's because it has a NN postcode (being near Rushden), and the postal address being Wellingboro'. A bit like Boston being near Peterborough because it has a PE postcode.....
Its about 5 mile from Wellingborough, thats close as far as I'm concerned :\ :

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/WKDPOWER/Random%20pics/GMapscreenshot.jpg

JDPower
6th June 2007, 21:44
hee hee hee
you think he will turn up?
Yeah, just don't ask if he fancies a passenger ride :cheese:

racing59
6th June 2007, 22:02
miaow!

Saucer of milk for table two.....

Tiesse
6th June 2007, 22:55
Is the series any poorer for him not being in it? NO!

As the event is on my doorstep (I live in Wellingborough), it'd be rude not to come along if any of the PUTs or SCSA cars are going to be there!

I think you'll find that they say near Wellingborough as the average punter in the street has probably not heard of Poddington (where it is actually situated). Saying that, when I am working in London & I am asked where I live, I tell them Northampton as they are more likely to have heard of Northampton rather than wellingborough!

SteveA
7th June 2007, 00:36
I think you'll find that they say near Wellingborough as the average punter in the street has probably not heard of Poddington (where it is actually situated).

In fact, I think you'll find its actually situated in Hinwick!

JDPower
7th June 2007, 02:50
Is the series any poorer for him not being in it? NO!
Maybe not. Would it have been better off WITH him in it? I think so. The increased publicity can only be a good thing and might have gained additional interest in the series from people who may not even have known about it, let alone attended (in the same way the dodgy pop bands did in previous years). Especially if the rumoured Boyzone reunion happened this year too.

kate16draft
7th June 2007, 10:59
I have looked into this and after speaking to the organisers it all equates to one thing = money!

JDPower
7th June 2007, 17:13
I have looked into this and after speaking to the organisers it all equates to one thing = money!
I wonder if the BTRA trucks had to pay or whether thay were invited? Surely the more racing truck stuff they have, the better package the show is.
If this is THE uk truck show then surely the best (and possibly most unique) truck racing series in the uk can get involved somehow without having to pay for the priviledge.