PDA

View Full Version : What Are The Odds

muggle not
4th June 2007, 21:32
of Kurt driving at Pocono. I see a big point deduction and a probable suspension, stupid move on pit road and also not so brilliant on the track.

dwboogityfan
4th June 2007, 21:46
Don't think the accident was Kurts fault but the incident afterwards was pretty stupid. These guys are not robots though and sometimes human emotions make us do silly things. I hope NASCAR goes easy on Kurt.

harvick#1
4th June 2007, 21:53
what happened, I saw a pic of Kurt driving right into tonys right side door

Sparky1329
4th June 2007, 22:43
Kurt put himself and Tony into the wall. He wasn't clear and he wrecked himself even though he tried to blame it on Tony. The pit road move was just plain stupid but it was made by Kurt Busch so it's no big shock. Whether he will sit out a race or not is anyone's guess but IMHO he should be. It was only the fast move by the #20 front tire changer that prevented a very serious injury to himself, no thanks to Kurt.

JasonD
4th June 2007, 22:56
The pit road dive bomb was stupid, he could have killed Tonys crew member with that move.

I would park him for at leat 5 races, you cant do things like that and not expect repercutions.

Letting your emotions get the best of you and mouthing off is one things but that move was just dumb, dumb, dumb.

muggle not
4th June 2007, 23:24
Kurt put himself and Tony into the wall. He wasn't clear and he wrecked himself even though he tried to blame it on Tony. The pit road move was just plain stupid but it was made by Kurt Busch so it's no big shock. Whether he will sit out a race or not is anyone's guess but IMHO he should be. It was only the fast move by the #20 front tire changer that prevented a very serious injury to himself, no thanks to Kurt.

The pit road dive bomb was stupid, he could have killed Tonys crew member with that move.

I would park him for at leat 5 races, you cant do things like that and not expect repercutions.

Letting your emotions get the best of you and mouthing off is one things but that move was just dumb, dumb, dumb.

I agree with both of your posts. To me there was absolutely no question that it was Kurt's fault on track and the pit road incident is deserving of a lenthy probation. Endangering a crew member's life is about as stupid as you can get in racing.

http://i13.tinypic.com/4lqikqx.jpg

Hoss Ghoul
5th June 2007, 01:01
Minimum of 1 race supsension is coming, I'm sure.

Kurt was actually starting to get a little respect too...

dont_be_jack
5th June 2007, 02:54
I like how we all blame the guy that got wrecked in these situations. He had the position coming out of the corner and Tony got his car just ever so slightly. It was no reason to get pissed off, but it wasn't his fault.

call_me_andrew
5th June 2007, 03:25
This is the sort of thing that gets you probation. If he does something like this while on probation, then he'll sit out a race.

harvick#1
5th June 2007, 12:24
I like how we all blame the guy that got wrecked in these situations. He had the position coming out of the corner and Tony got his car just ever so slightly. It was no reason to get pissed off, but it wasn't his fault.

You haven't seen the pic have you, Kurt could've killed Tonys crew member

colinspooky
5th June 2007, 13:52
You haven't seen the pic have you, Kurt could've killed Tonys crew member

I saw it on TV, but that angle from the pic above is stunning - I knew it was close, but wow, that guy really is super-lucky to see it coming. Crazy stupid dumbo.
And my other half still thinks Kurt is nice because he said hello to her at the Charlotte race.

:rolleyes:

blakebeatty
5th June 2007, 14:54
Yeah, if the crew member wasn't watching, it could have been a different story. I think that we will see the harshest punishment ever

Sparky1329
5th June 2007, 15:39
The video of both the on-track and pit road incidents is available at the nascar.com website front page. Take note of how quickly ole Kurt got the car into reverse when the crew guys started coming around the #20 car. Chickens**t is a big man inside the car. I would've paid admission to see the crew guys yank him out of the car by his HANS. :D

RaceFanStan
5th June 2007, 18:08
Well, what do you expect when the car he drives is called an "AVENGER" ?????
Kurt was just living up to the car's reputation, I'm going to blame Dodge ...... http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

trumperZ06
5th June 2007, 19:36
I agree with both of your posts. To me there was absolutely no question that it was Kurt's fault on track and the pit road incident is deserving of a lenthy probation. Endangering a crew member's life is about as stupid as you can get in racing.

http://i13.tinypic.com/4lqikqx.jpg

:eek: This should get Kurt suspended... only question should be... for how long !!!

Sparky1329
5th June 2007, 19:53
Oh to be a fly on the wall in Mr Penske's shop today. I can't stand Jack Roush but he said it all; "He's Roger Penske's problem now."

colinspooky
6th June 2007, 02:59
I can't stand Jack Roush

Just for you sir - taken in the garage by me over the Charlotte weekend. And what's wrong with him?

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/colinspooky/bigraceday014.jpg

Sparky1329
6th June 2007, 03:18
Just for you sir - taken in the garage by me over the Charlotte weekend. And what's wrong with him?

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/colinspooky/bigraceday014.jpg

That would be ma'am, sir. Jack Roush never fails to finds something to whine about even when he's standing in Victory Lane. He whines more than some drivers do. I'm not into whiners.

Phoenixent
6th June 2007, 07:55
I am sure some one will remember when Elliott's car was hit on pit row and crew member died of injuries. I watched it on TV the as it happened truly a shocking accident. But the was an accident due to the speeds they used to drive down pit row. This here with Kurt Busch needs to be handled with an Iron Fist. He is a driver out of control because he endangered the life of the pit crew member. Out in the real world Kurt Busch would be behind bars with attempted assault with a deadly weapon. But nothing will happen because it does not involve an illegal part which is NASCAR's big thing right now. If something is done it will be small compared to #8 fine and penalty for wing mounts.

And world goes on. :rolleyes:

R. Mears
6th June 2007, 10:41
Is this being "officially" reviewed by the officials for punishment? I mean has an announcement been made that there will be punishment?

muggle not
6th June 2007, 17:44
from jayski:

UPDATE 2: been hearing that Busch will be suspended one race and miss Pocono, nothing confirmed yet, no word who would drive the car. And Auto Racing Sport.com is repoting the same.(6-6-2007)

ACTF_ZETT
6th June 2007, 19:00
First off, the wreck was entirely Busch's fault, no question there.

Secondly, its only a matter of time until another NASCAR pit crew member is killed on pit road. NASCAR has been very lucky with very close inncidents the past few years, yet they have really done nothing about it. They keep focusing on driver safety, when in fact the driver in my opinion is more safe than the fans. I would say that pit crew members are at most risk for injury out of anyone.

Also NASCAR needs to put a stop to pit crew members jumping around their pit stalls after races. When Mears won at Charlotte they were running around on the grass and there are still cars racing to the line.

Penske usually doesnt stand for this behavior out of any of his drivers. Why he hired Kurt in the first place is beyond me.

BobbyC
6th June 2007, 21:28
Any suspension will almost certainly be appealed, and the appeal would likely take place the next week, so he will probably race this weekend under appeal.

dwboogityfan
7th June 2007, 19:51
If Kurt is suspended for any races its likely Mike Wallace will be in the car according to a number of messages on the Mike Wallace Racing website. Makes sense with Rusty's connections to Penske and I think Mike would do a really solid job and bring home a top 15 for the team.

muggle not
8th June 2007, 14:50
Nascar once again proves that you can't believe them when they say that safety is paramount:

From NASCAR.com/news

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR announced Friday that Kurt Busch, driver of the No. 2 Dodge in the Nextel Cup Series, has been penalized 100 championship driver points, fined $100,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31, 2007, for violating Section 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing -- reckless driving; endangering a crew member on pit road) of the 2007 NASCAR rule book.

Car owner Roger Penske has also been penalized with the loss of 100 championship owner points due to his driver's infraction.

"I regret the incident that occurred at Dover and apologize to NASCAR, my sponsors, the fans, my Penske Racing team and Joe Gibbs Racing," Busch said in a statement. "I understand that safety is crucial to the sport and I accept the points penalty, fine and probation that NASCAR has imposed on me."

The penalty drops Busch from 11th in the championship standings to a tie with Bobby Labonte for 18th at 720 points behind leader Jeff Gordon.

The violation occurred on pit road during the race at Dover International Speedway on June 4.

BobbyC
8th June 2007, 15:05
The penalty is just, because NASCAR knows that this penalty is straightforward, and in regards to Chase standings, does not put the matter on other drivers' mistakes the next week.

A straight 100-point penalty means the team actually doesn't earn any points from the race AND loses 63 points, so this penalty means the team gets a -63 result from Dover. Michael Waltrip got a -27 following fuel violations at Daytona.

Having the Dover points wiped out AND losing 63 more points from the team standings is far worse than a one-race suspension because a win at MIS would "net" two 90-point days of mid-20's finishes from the two races. This penalty of losing 63 points from Dover is a harsher penalty.

ghostdancing
8th June 2007, 16:28
Bum

The fine and deduction of points I think is very fair, for what was just a momentary lost of sense.

But, I thought Kurt would be parked for one race at least, so I didn't pick him in my pick'ems for Pocono, and I bet he goes and wins it now. Arggghh.

Oh well, we all live and learn, unlike Tony Stewart who lives and EATS !!!!

blakebeatty
8th June 2007, 16:37
Did you hear Tony, on his radio show, talk about how he was forgiving of Busch, and that he was going to have a heart to heart with him. Tony figured that with his counselling that Busch may be able to right his career. Tony then would be the saviour of Kurt Busch. What an arrogant a**hole

RaceFanStan
8th June 2007, 18:03
1/2 way to the chase, the 100 points penalty was a hard hit !
Kurt deserved the penalty & now he has to work harder to overcome it. :eek:

13 races in, Kurt Busch had worked to 11th but now has dropped to 17th .....
Kurt Busch is now 89 points out of the coveted 12th spot with only 13 races to the chase .....
Kurt now has to best 5 drivers to get back in the chase .....

drivers Kurt Busch has to "pass" in the points are :
12th Martin Truex Jr (on a high roll lately) = 88 points ahead of Kurt Busch
13th Jamie McMurray (turning things around & running near the front) = 72 points ahead of Kurt Busch
14th Dale Earnhardt Jr (typical performance, up 1 week, down the next) = 65 points ahead of Kurt Busch
15th Ryan Newman (has found some performance lately) = 50 points ahead of Kurt Busch
16th Bobby Labonte (helping to take Petty Enterprises forward) = 1 point ahead of Kurt Busch

drivers who want to "pass" Kurt & the above 5 in the points are :
18th Greg Biffle (the driver with the most talent currently out of the chase) = tied with Kurt Busch
19th J J Yeley (he needs some of his team-mate's ability) = 26 points behind Kurt Busch
20th Elliott Sadler (Evernham MotorSports is coming back) = 72 points behind Kurt Busch
21st David Stremme (up & down, up & down) = 102 points behind Kurt Busch
22nd Juan Pablo Montoya (over-rated rookie who will likely miss the chase) = 110 points behind Kurt Busch

Kurt Busch has he work cut-out for him if he hopes to make the chase.
Not only does he have to do better than the drivers ahead of him, he also has to look behind him. :eek:

ghostdancing
8th June 2007, 18:55
What an arrogant a**hole

Re Tony Stewart

Is this forum safe from slander and deformation laws, if it is, then I totally agree with blakebeatty. ;)

Has anyone ever given Tony a bunch of fives, or just a simple good kickin'.
If so, whats the video on www.youtube.com (http://www.youtube.com), so I can brighten up my evening. :D

Great stats racefanstan, how do you get the time to do them :dozey:

Alexamateo
9th June 2007, 02:14
Let me see if I've got this straight. Dale Earnhardt Jr uses an unapproved bracket on his rear wing and is fined $100,000 and is docked 100 points.

Kurt Busch rams Tony Stewart in a fit of anger and is lucky not to have killed or at least severely injure a pit crewman. $100,000 and 100 points.

Oh yeah, those seem like equal crimes. :rolleyes:

Sparky1329
9th June 2007, 02:31
Karma bit ole Kurt in the butt in practice today.

MD24
9th June 2007, 02:55
Saw Kurt Busch's interview during qualification this afternoon, he looks like he's back to his old arrogant self :mark:

harvick#1
9th June 2007, 03:06
Let me see if I've got this straight. Dale Earnhardt Jr uses an unapproved bracket on his rear wing and is fined $100,000 and is docked 100 points.

Kurt Busch rams Tony Stewart in a fit of anger and is lucky not to have killed or at least severely injure a pit crewman. $100,000 and 100 points.

Oh yeah, those seem like equal crimes. :rolleyes:

yep, pretty pathetic

tstran17_88
9th June 2007, 03:22
Did you hear Tony, on his radio show, talk about how he was forgiving of Busch, and that he was going to have a heart to heart with him. Tony figured that with his counselling that Busch may be able to right his career. Tony then would be the saviour of Kurt Busch. What an arrogant a**holeWith Tony, it's the pot calling the kettle black, so maybe he's finally figured that out and that's why you see all the love coming from him?

muggle not
9th June 2007, 03:40
Saw Kurt Busch's interview during qualification this afternoon, he looks like he's back to his old arrogant self :mark:

This is the part of Busch's statement that gets me:

"Yeah, I did think I was probably going to get parked," Busch said Friday before Nextel Cup practice at Pocono Raceway. "But it's a blessing that NASCAR realized that nothing too serious did happen so we can move forward with this and get back to the normal roots of racing for us, which is to go and gain points on Sunday."

blakebeatty
9th June 2007, 03:45
Yeah, he got away with murder and he knows it. Between the fine and the parking, he did lose a potential 250 ish points, making it the harshest punishment ever dealt

Alexamateo
9th June 2007, 03:56
yep, pretty pathetic

Wasn't Harvick suspended for a Cup race because of something he did in a Truck race?

blakebeatty
9th June 2007, 04:09
harvick offended repetedly while on probation.

Hoss Ghoul
9th June 2007, 06:39
Wasn't Harvick suspended for a Cup race because of something he did in a Truck race?

Yes he was, he spun out Gibbs son after saying he was going to do so over the radio. NASCAR told him to park it, and so he did...right in front of their hauler, lol. They weren't too pleased.

I was actually in Martinsville for that race weekend, and let me tell you, fans were PO'ed, lots of booing, "free Harvick" poster and the like. Kenny Wallace filled in for the day, but ran poorly.

I also don't understand how Earhnardt and Busch's penalties can be the same for this. The 100 points for Busch's incident seems reasonable, perhaps a benching would be better if only for the embarrasment it causes-even if the potential points loss is not as great. However, I still think the 100pts. for DEI's infraction was excessive, even if it was to set an example with the COT. This with other incidents/calls/penalties(cussing for F's sake!) certainly has erased the stigma that NASCAR somehow favors Earnhardt though, IMO.

trumperZ06
9th June 2007, 21:34
NA$CAR's more selflishly concerned with NA$CAR's own personal reputation than they are about the safety of the people on the teams. What Bush did was far more dangerous and outright mean spirited... than MW's fuel tampering or DEI's wing flap supports. Yet the penalties were about the same.

NA$CAR still doesn't understand creditabilty with the fans... as shown by the judgements they make.

JasonD
9th June 2007, 22:24
NA$CAR's more selflishly concerned with NA$CAR's own personal reputation than they are about the safety of the people on the teams. What Bush did was far more dangerous and outright mean spirited... than MW's fuel tampering or DEI's wing flap supports. Yet the penalties were about the same.

NA$CAR still doesn't understand creditabilty with the fans... as shown by the judgements they make.

Yet tickets are still baught and you'll still tune in tomorrow afternoon.

In a way I hope Busch does something stupid again just in the hopes he'll get nailed to the wall. However hoping he does do something stupid again could mean a death sentence for someone so I'll retract my hopes.