PDA

View Full Version : McGuiness wins Superbike TT!!

AndyRAC
4th June 2007, 15:23
John McGuiness has won the delayed Superbike TT, setting a new lap record of 128.041 on his second lap, Guy Martin was 2nd, Ian Hutchinson was 3rd.

maxu05
4th June 2007, 15:29
I would love nothing more than to go to the IOM races, totally awesome, totally insane. These guys are totally whacko, but, good on em, they are the ultimate bike racers. Well done to McGuiness. I would love to have seen it live :up:

kiwigav
4th June 2007, 20:27
New lap record? Thought he had already lapped in the 129mph bracket last year? Was hoping to break the 130mph barrier.

Mach24
5th June 2007, 00:46
New lap record? Thought he had already lapped in the 129mph bracket last year? Was hoping to break the 130mph barrier.

I agree! Saw an interview with him & said he was hoping to get into 130 as last year he hit 129.

SOD
5th June 2007, 03:14
Guy Martin was taking the David Coulthard lessons in how to predict that a race win will be his and then the usual schtick about being held up.

Greta riding by mcguinness and great pitwork by his team.

neninja
5th June 2007, 10:29

Don't confuse the 2 different races that Superbikes can compete in - Superbike TT and Senior TT.

Each have their own lap and race time records. The 129mph lap in 2006 broke the Senior TT lap record. Yesterdays race was the Superbike TT so John broke the lap and race time records for that race.

McGuinness always rides within himself and will only break 130 if pushed hard. Yesterday the track was damp and he pulled sufficient lead in the first two laps and just did the minimum required to maintain that gap. The cool weather and damp conditions weren't right.

If the weathers good on Friday then 130 might get topped. McGuinness is a master of going faster than anyone else on the first 2 laps on new tyres. If someone can take it to him early on then we may see McG set a new record on lap 1 or 2. Otherwise Guy Martin or Hutch might break it later on trying to catch McGuinness.

The Kitten Kat
5th June 2007, 23:07
I would love nothing more than to go to the IOM races, totally awesome, totally insane. These guys are totally whacko, but, good on em, they are the ultimate bike racers. Well done to McGuiness. I would love to have seen it live :up:

Not whacko, just traditional bikers! None of these whoosie fair weather 'bikers'... just decent guys who love what they do!

It's something I've wanted to do for the past 12 years (family members have been out there racing when I was a very young child and I'm hooked on all things motorbike related [and car related in all honesty!]!) but have never managed to make it over there. However plans are afoot for next year... even though my bank manager may not like me! :)

Fantastic job by McGuiness (and all the other guys out there) in the Centenary year.

Long may it continue, against the wishes of the scaremongers currently trying to have the IoM TT stopped, along with the Manx. The riders know the risks, as do the marshalls and spectators. And without the IoM how many life saving ideas would not have come to fruit - it has to be remembered that the IoM is (or at least was if not still) used as a testing 'ground' for things such as non-slip road surfaces, cats eyes, etc.

Here's to IoM TT 2008 - and hopefully I'll be there to witness it first hand! :D

AndyRAC
8th June 2007, 12:20
McGuiness has broken the 130mph at the end of lap 2 in the Blue Riband Senior TT. Fantastic stuff...!!!

jim mcglinchey
8th June 2007, 19:12
One rider and two spectators killed in the senior. Did anyone hear any more details?

Mach24
8th June 2007, 23:15
One rider and two spectators killed in the senior. Did anyone hear any more details?

Another nail?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08062007/58/three-killed-tt.html

Mach24
8th June 2007, 23:30
McGuiness has broken the 130mph at the end of lap 2 in the Blue Riband Senior TT. Fantastic stuff...!!!

Another landmark at the IoM TT.

Apparently 50 years since the 100mph barrier was broken.

Can they go much faster I wonder?

ShiftingGears
11th June 2007, 03:06
Its broadcast on Channel Ten in a few weeks... I won't miss it!

Mach24
13th June 2007, 11:41
RIP David Jefferies!

Here's to all the gladiators who have given their all to our sport......