PDA

View Full Version : race length

Corny
4th June 2007, 11:28
Is it only me, or are there also others that think the MotoGP races have to be longer? Rossi drove the race yesterday in something like 43 minutes, with 3 commercial brakes you are watching MotoGP for only 35 minutes or so, and that for the sport's top level..
I think the GP's have to be at least 15 minutes longer, you all agree?

Mach24
4th June 2007, 11:34
Whilst the race was exciting in the early stages it became a bit ho-hum the deeper it got into the race.

I think Superbike have it right with 2 races in one day.

leopard
4th June 2007, 11:37
How many liters of fuel you have in your tank to make it 15 minutes longer?

Corny
4th June 2007, 11:46
now it's 21 litres, so for 15 minutes longer, making it 28 litres or so?

leopard
4th June 2007, 11:52
big tank means ugly bike

leopard
4th June 2007, 12:01
Usually motogp takes one or two laps more than the smaller classes.
Currently I watch 250cc and motogp classes live, and suspended race of 125 class, it spends not less than 4 hours.

I won't be able to do anything if the race is made to be longer. :)

Mach24
4th June 2007, 12:03
Pit stops! Where the rider needs to get off the bike and pump fuel manually before queuing to pay a cashier then returning to the race.

Now thats entertainment.

Corny
4th June 2007, 12:52
NO PITSTOPS PLEASE!!

and about the ugly bikes leopardsleeping, the beginning of the 990's the bikes had 26 litres, right? I think 28 is possible, and it will not make the bikes uglier

maxu05
4th June 2007, 16:22
I would like to see the races 15 minutes longer also, but, make the fuel capacity 25 litres maximum. The idea of cutting the capacity to 800cc, was to slow them down, so why not get them to tune the engines to cope with less fuel ? In most of the races, they are breaking the lap records ? I know they have slowed the outright top speed of the bikes as they intended, but they have gained in corner speed. Correct me if I'm wrong, (though I know I'm right), but aren't the corners where 90% of the crashes happen ? (not including Shinya's crash on the main straight at 300kph plus).
I think it would really spice things up to have a longer race, though, I would certainly rule out pit stops, as it messes up the rythem of the riders, and I would hate to see a rider that has busted his gut to get to the front, lose the race because a mechanic made a mistake, or he got delayed in the pits because a fuel churn had a faulty nozzle etc. That's my opinion. :cheese:

Corny
4th June 2007, 19:18
I think the 800s came for lowing the top speeds, Max.. 90% of the crashes happens in corners yes, but the real hard ones (Kato's crash, Catalunya 06) happen on high speed..

Mach24
5th June 2007, 01:51
I think the 800s came for lowing the top speeds, Max.. 90% of the crashes happens in corners yes, but the real hard ones (Kato's crash, Catalunya 06) happen on high speed..

Kato had the big one at Suzuka!

(RIP - not forgotten)

NinjaMaster
5th June 2007, 10:45
They still go plenty quick enough for fatal accidents to still occur especially now they are carrying higher corner speeds.
I'm pretty happen with the race length. The races have been about 45 minutes for as long as I can remember and I don't see a need to change that. Don't fix what ain't broke in my opinion.