PDA

View Full Version : Difficult to log on

Valve Bounce
4th June 2007, 00:23
I've had great difficulty logging on for hte past two days. Has anyone else had this problem?

janneppi
4th June 2007, 07:07
Yeah, the forums were pretty much down the whole weekend, Mark pulled the network plug on a WRC weekend. :)

Mark
4th June 2007, 07:48
It was all pino's fault.. probably ;) :p

dyfi1
4th June 2007, 17:08
I've had great difficulty logging on for hte past two days. Has anyone else had this problem?

Me too :( It made for an odd week end of following Acropolois rally. No rally radio, no helicam, no forumers.... luckily the two Estonian sites that provide split timings were up and running so not all was lost. Much appreciated, thanks EST :up:

race aficionado
4th June 2007, 17:14
. . . . it was all part of a test to confirm your forum dependency.

Face it, you are hooked and if the forum is taken away from you, after a couple of days of being disconnected from your daily pleassure - you get the heebyjeebies.

That's what happens to me.

Hi. My name is race aficionado and I am a MotorSports forum addict.

:s mokin:

Brown, Jon Brow
7th June 2007, 08:59
I couldn't cope! The forum didn't work for over 12 hours! and I had to drink toilet water!! :bigcry: :bigcry:

He had to visit the 10tenths forum, but it jest wasn't the same :(

race aficionado
7th June 2007, 15:38
I couldn't cope! The forum didn't work for over 12 hours! and I had to drink toilet water!! :bigcry: :bigcry:

He had to visit the 10tenths forum, but it jest wasn't the same :(

B,JB: I would hold off drinking the toilet water.
You need help! :D

Brown, Jon Brow
9th June 2007, 20:09
Why does it keep breaking?

Daniel
9th June 2007, 20:14
Jon. If Mark knew exactly what was wrong he'd have it sorted ASAP. Sometimes issues with server aren't as easy to troubleshoot as you may think. I myself can't complain when the forum is free. The forum owes us nothing.....

Brown, Jon Brow
9th June 2007, 20:15
Yeah, but I have personal problems ;)

jens
9th June 2007, 20:42
The problem seems to exist at weekends, doesn't it? Is the problem that then the forums are more active...?

Brown, Jon Brow
9th June 2007, 20:46
Or maybe Mark takes weekends off? :p

Mark
11th June 2007, 07:50
Jon. If Mark knew exactly what was wrong he'd have it sorted ASAP. Sometimes issues with server aren't as easy to troubleshoot as you may think. I myself can't complain when the forum is free. The forum owes us nothing.....

It's not as easy as that since the servers are kindly provided to us by motorsport.com, we rely on their generosity to keep us going, so they give their server techincal support in their own time.

Or maybe Mark takes weekends off? :p

There is that :p

race aficionado
14th June 2007, 00:26
Mark.
Please ask Pino to stop pulling plugs and pressing buttons.

I'm glad we are back again.
Today Wesnesday (1/13) I was able to be on in the morning, then nada and finally now at 7 pm I'm back in.

ahhhhhhhhhhh . . . it feels good . . . . definitely a nice fix.

Valve Bounce
14th June 2007, 03:12
I got in quick and posted my pickems. pino, if the forum goes temporarily kaput in the future, I'll send you my pickems direct. OK? :p :

pino
14th June 2007, 13:56
race, I've nothing to do with those buttons :p :

Valve, it won't help sending your pickems to me, they must be posted on the forum ;)

CarlMetro
14th June 2007, 23:58
I think it's The Slayer coming back to haunt and taunt us ;)

race aficionado
15th June 2007, 00:07
Andrea can haunt and taunt me any time she wishes, but I seriously think she is doing other more important things with her time.

I miss her and I'm sure she is doing well.

race

Ian McC
15th June 2007, 08:53
The problem seems to exist at weekends, doesn't it? Is the problem that then the forums are more active...?

We have Le Mans and USGP this weekend so no outages please! :D :D