PDA

View Full Version : O/T I can name that car in ......... ?

Chigley
3rd June 2007, 23:28
As a bit of amusement and to keep idle minds ocupied and googling here are some gorgeous American lumps that were burbling around Cuba. The "owners" are not permitted to scrap them so they run with extraordinary ingenuity and have to act as taxi's free of charge to any one who flags them down. The trucks are just a couple of teasers.

Lets see how many you guys can identify.

Cuban cars (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/Chigley/Cuba%20cars/)

racing59
4th June 2007, 00:05
As a bit of amusement and to keep idle minds ocupied and googling here are some gorgeous American lumps that were burbling around Cuba. The "owners" are not permitted to scrap them so they run with extraordinary ingenuity and have to act as taxi's free of charge to any one who flags them down. The trucks are just a couple of teasers.

Lets see how many you guys can identify.

Cuban cars (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/Chigley/Cuba%20cars/)

100_0215 looks to be a Buick. Though the badge on the front doesn't conform to the Buick tri-shield format - but since that wasn't officially adopted until 1960....

100_0227 - the tradesman's bike is a classic Rudge Multi, with 27 invariable gears, and some sort of aftermarket go-faster front wheel.

100_214 - 57 Chev-Ro-Let!

100_212 - Caddy -I reckon a 59 El-Dorado.

100_966 - Another El-Dorado - this time a 56

More later.

Time for bed said Zebedee (well Shuz7 actually!)

R3ROK
4th June 2007, 13:31
Hi Chigley,

Image 100_0967 is a Coco or Coconut Taxi.

Not sure what powers them but I would guess some sort of modified moped :) I went on one in Havana last year...Cuba is a great place to go! I think most of my photos were of cars and maybe a few shots of the nice local women....much to the wife's disgust.... ;) I went to Varadero the year before and plan on going again later on in the year.

I stopped to talk to one of the locals in downtown Varedero who was putting some Unipart discs and pads on an El-dorado...he seemed happy enough!

John