PDA

View Full Version : No Milwaukee IndyCar broadcast in Seattle.

FastLap1
3rd June 2007, 21:28
Once again the ABC affiliate in Seattle, KOMO decides to not show today's IndyCar race in Milwaukee in order to show the stupid Children's Miracle Network telethon.

Even when the Champcars were racing in Milwaukee, KOMO pre-empts the race to show that telethon. Is Seattle the only city in the country that shows the same stupid telethon every single year and cancels the race?

I'm seeing Milwaukee race highlights from 1996 for the first time on YouTube. NINETEEN NINTY-SIX!

KOMO really HATES auto racing.

RGM Fan
3rd June 2007, 21:47
You can watch it free on streaming video on the Indy Car website. Its actually better coverage than whats on ABC in my opinon

Old3Fan
4th June 2007, 00:31
The TV coverage was terrible. Too much advertising, split screens, Danica and Marko, Indy 500 reruns etc. Also the main announcer whoever he is doesn't know squat about anything or what is even going on it appears. I actually missed Rusty.

don hodgdon
4th June 2007, 15:41
Is Seattle the only city in the country that shows the same stupid telethon every single year and cancels the race?

The Telethon pre-empted the race here in Santa Barbara as well.

Easy Drifter
4th June 2007, 17:12
At one time all the Buffalo network stations were always prempting races and that was when there were local entrants! They seem to have improved.
I have satellite so I get the network coverage. My only problem is I do not get a TV guide for Sunday until I leave the store Sun. night so setting up a tape is hit and miss.

Cass
4th June 2007, 22:13
I would rather watch the telethon than a 2nd tier series run in front of empty stands you know why?

Because the Children's Miracle Network raises cash for hospitals to care for kids! That is a worthwhile venture - not that race! Because your post is so assinine on so many levels - both should be shown side by side....that way young kids can know what awaits them if the race in the IRL. How do you like those apples?

Hard to beleive that someone could be that pissed over a telethon that helps families.....and in Seattle, on one of our allowed 4 days of good weather for the summer you were inside trying to watch TV? - Dude, get a major adjustment in your life - go OUTSIDE - ENJOY THE OUTSIDE - !!!!

CCFanatic
4th June 2007, 22:49
Maybe it is a sign of things to come. He! He!