PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Team Roberts

RaikkonenRules
3rd June 2007, 20:14
Kenny seems to be trundling around way behind everyone else this year after such an impressive season last year. Wonder if even Ilmor would have beaten them if they were still going. :p :

jim mcglinchey
3rd June 2007, 21:05
nothing that a few million quid wouldn't solve.

tha_jackal
4th June 2007, 03:09
Well they do have Kurtis Roberts riding for them? :eek: :confused:
That could be whats wrong with them? :D

Mach24
4th June 2007, 08:27
Well they do have Kurtis Roberts riding for them? :eek: :confused:
That could be whats wrong with them? :D

I'm sensing a little hate hate relationship you have with Kurt?

Seems it could be a one off for Kurt ?

From Big Kenny's point of view why not throw your 'free' son at the bike for some extra miles.

Honda seem to have been caught with their proverbial pants down when it comes to 'engine' so far (some improvements for the factory bikes at Mugello). KR are firstly suffering as a result of this and obviously the chassis/suspension is not doing what they need.

As a small company I don't see KR have the luxury of redesigning the chassis at will. Perhaps this is now a learning year with a view to 2008?

I know KR are not the heartbeat of MotoGP, but it sure would be a shame to lose them.

NinjaMaster
5th June 2007, 10:19
I think they will (and would be better off) be in WSB next year with a Honda team. Basically, without having a manufacturer behind them, stand-alone teams like KR and Ilmor just can't get the resources together to develop a bike to become competitive. KR's budget would allow them to be a top WSB team though and with hopefully extra Suzuki teams (and Kawasaki please) running extra bikes next year, KR's demise would be less felt. Of course, losing GP legend, Kenny Roberts, to WSB may well not wash with Dorna very well.

kiwigav
7th June 2007, 10:29
Yeah, always thought the one advantage that Roberts may have, being a small team, was being able to knock up a modified chassis etc at short notice. Sadly this doesn't seem to be the case, probably not helped being on Michelin's this year. Almost be worth while switching to Dunlop and help develop them, this way they wouldn't be hindered by the tyre regulations.

The Phantom
8th June 2007, 05:12
From Big Kenny's point of view why not throw your 'free' son at the bike for some extra miles.

I think that's the idea; KR are struggling to develop the bike with only one rider. More tracktime means faster development.

KRSr going to WSB? Blasphemy, wash your mouth out! : )

Good idea for them to go to Dunlop, Kiwigav.

ChrisS
8th June 2007, 11:34
Almost be worth while switching to Dunlop and help develop them, this way they wouldn't be hindered by the tyre regulations.

even with the new rules, generic Michelins are better than specially made dunlops, look at tech3 and how they are only able to use their dunlops for a few laps, that bike on michelins would be a lot higher IMHO