PDA

View Full Version : the price of beer

jim mcglinchey
1st June 2007, 21:57
I was in Tescos earlier and I commented to the wife that they're damn near giving the stuff away, you can get 3 x 12 packs of Bud for £20 fercrissakes, and everywhere greedy b+++++ds , I mean bargain hunters, were laden with multiples of 3 boxes, clogging up all the check-outs etc, then on the news I heard some Scottish MP saying the exact same thing adding that Tesco etc have a moral obligation not to flog cheap beer to the masses.

Do you think its never cheap enough or it should be taxed more heavily for health and environmental reasons?

RaikkonenRules
1st June 2007, 22:10
Not old enougth to buy beer yet so no comment :(

Brown, Jon Brow
1st June 2007, 23:27
I was in Tescos earlier and I commented to the wife that they're damn near giving the stuff away, you can get 3 x 12 packs of Bud for £20 fercrissakes, and everywhere greedy b+++++ds , I mean bargain hunters, were laden with multiples of 3 boxes, clogging up all the check-outs etc, then on the news I heard some Scottish MP saying the exact same thing adding that Tesco etc have a moral obligation not to flog cheap beer to the masses.

Do you think its never cheap enough or it should be taxed more heavily for health and environmental reasons?

The price of BEER ??

You gave the thread the wrong title :p

Budweiser isn't considered beer. It is cheap, fizzy american crap! The same way that american cheese isn't atually cheese. :\ I wouldn't even buy it for 55p a bottle.

For a real bargain try 4 bottles of 'Spitfire' for £5 at Morrison's :beer: (please don't shop at Tesco or Morrison's. Shop at Booths ;) :uhoh: )

jim mcglinchey
2nd June 2007, 09:01
[quote="Brown, Jon Brow"]The price of BEER ??

You gave the thread the wrong title :p

Budweiser isn't considered beer. It is cheap, fizzy american crap!

"True" as they used to say in the ad, but alot of people will drink any old p++s if the price is right.

Dave B
3rd June 2007, 15:02
I wouldn't drink Bud if they paid me! :s

Having just stocked up in France, I can now forget about the UK price of beer for the rest of the summer! :D

millencolin
3rd June 2007, 15:13
beer is expensive here but beer in pubs is getting cheaper.... i got 4 pints for $10! woot!!!

allycat228
3rd June 2007, 17:15
I can't afford to shop at boothes as it is so expensive, anyway what is wrong with budweiser

J4MIE
3rd June 2007, 21:35
Ah yes but they were in Tescos with their trolleys filled with other stuff too... Tesco can afford the promotion and think it's worth it.

airshifter
3rd June 2007, 23:48

When I was in Okinawa Japan, they had beer from the Phillipines that you could buy on base for right about $2.25..... for a CASE!

And yet they wondered why a lot of the younger military people had a drinking problem. :laugh:

Drew
4th June 2007, 01:26
My friends got 3 crates of strongbow (24 cans in each, I think) for £20, brilliant.

People should be allowed (and forced..) to take more responsibility for their actions. Although that's a hard statment when you think about alcoholism.