PDA

View Full Version : Man Described as One of World's Top 10 Spammers Arrested in Seattle

Eki
31st May 2007, 11:44
This is what I call good news. I wish they'd nab those 9 other anti-social creeps soon too:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,276573,00.html

Man Described as One of World's Top 10 Spammers Arrested in Seattle

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

SEATTLE — A 27-year-old man described as one of the world's most prolific spammers was arrested Wednesday, and federal authorities said computer users across the Web could notice a decrease in the amount of junk e-mail.

Robert Alan Soloway is accused of using networks of compromised "zombie" computers to send out millions upon millions of spam e-mails.

"He's one of the top 10 spammers in the world," said Tim Cranton, a Microsoft Corp. lawyer who is senior director of the company's Worldwide Internet Safety Programs. "He's a huge problem for our customers. This is a very good day."

Dave B
31st May 2007, 18:42
Good. One down, about twenty million to go.

schmenke
31st May 2007, 18:45
They should throw him in jail and feed him nothing but spam for the rest of his life.

tinchote
31st May 2007, 20:24
In one piece of news I read they said people should expect an immediate decrease in the amount of spam. Not the case here :mark:

jim mcglinchey
31st May 2007, 20:53
They should throw him in jail and feed him nothing but spam for the rest of his life.

I feel a Monty Python sketch coming on. Bloody Vikings!