PDA

View Full Version : Are the FIA favouring McLaren?

ShiftingGears
31st May 2007, 10:41
Dude, the FIA are totally favouring McLaren - It's pretty obvious by now that Hamilton is the messiah and there is increasing speculation amongst paddock wags that Hamilton could have beat Alonso driving backwards if Big Mean Ronnie had let him. How the FIA failed to notice this and penalise McLaren is absurd...a jihad on the FIA!

p.s. Speaking of team orders, Schumacher was also at Monaco. COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT!

Valve Bounce
31st May 2007, 10:43
Dude, the FIA are totally favouring McLaren - It's pretty obvious by now that Hamilton is the messiah and there is increasing speculation amongst paddock wags that Hamilton could have beat Alonso driving backwards if Big Mean Ronnie had let him. How the FIA failed to notice this and penalise McLaren is absurd...a jihad on the FIA!

p.s. Speaking of team orders, Schumacher was also at Monaco. COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT!

I find it difficult to respond to this question as I am not sure if this is an ironic or iambic post.

Mickey T
31st May 2007, 10:59
Not sure about the team orders bit, but i really enjoyed the irony of the Ferrari boys paying homage to the man by both parking at Rascasse in qualifying.

Respek

ArrowsFA1
31st May 2007, 11:01
...there is increasing speculation amongst paddock wags that Hamilton could have beat Alonso driving backwards if Big Mean Ronnie had let him.
Those blummin' "paddock wags" again :laugh:

Valve Bounce
31st May 2007, 12:20
I didn't know Lewis Hamilton could drive backwards. Wouldn't he have been black flagged?

Racehound
31st May 2007, 12:25

fia(sco) are favouring McLaren????!!!!! sorry, but i cant see that!!!!....they failed to investigate Massa in Spain after he forced FA over the kerbs in the 1st corner, and lets be honest here, Lewboy would not have got around Fernando in Monaco all the time hes got a hole up his arse!!!!!....(remember nige 92 on fresh rubber in the mucho faster willy tried this way and that to get around Ayrton in the mucho slower McL after losing his +30sec advantage due to his pitstop!!!!!.......so how was Lewboy gonna do it in cars of equal pace?????)........the toxic toyboy is shooting his mouth off now about McL being penalized harshly for what really only amounts in Monaco to a bit of ill-timed Ronspeak!!!!!!....had Ron not blabbed while he was basking in the glory of their 1-2 finish at the post-race shindig and said the same things 2-3 weeks later none o this woulda happened, although Lewboy kicked it all off with his "face like a smacked arse" podium antics!!!!!its pretty much established as motor racing folklore that the fia(sco) and Ferrrrrrarrrrri have been like Chang and Eng ever since tricky mickey went to ferrarri......after Ayrtons "accident" and the heat it brought the only thing they could do was try and divert attention away from williams by "creating" another motor racing legend as fast as possible to try and keep some interest in f1!!!!!.........Ayrtons trip to the wall courtesy of williams killed f1 on its feet in 94......toxic toyboy sh!t his pants initially and then came out fighting....they knew tricky mickey was quick but he wasnt in a high profile enough team to grab the USA market, so off goes mickeyboy to ferrrrarrrrri (all instigated by toxic toyboy himself) ,with a multi squillion dollar budget and f1 then started its first period of revival in the wake of Ayrtons loss...(oh dear: there i go again gettin all historical on yo ass!!!!....).....i dont know why toxic doesnt just do the grid walk on a sunday dressed in his ferrrrarrrri uniform!!!!!.....as for tricky being in monaco, that was so they could practice choreographing his stunning 06 parking maneuvre again.....ha ha ha ....and Kimi said he wasnt going to listen to trickys advice!!!!!.......almost destiny!!!!!

Valve Bounce
31st May 2007, 12:27
Is that you, fousto??

Racehound
31st May 2007, 12:54
where??????????? :)

schmenke
31st May 2007, 15:15
Is that you, fousto??

That's an insult to fousto :dozey:

ioan
31st May 2007, 16:57

Good point! :laugh:

donKey jote
31st May 2007, 17:13
is that you, cliff ? :p :

Ian McC
31st May 2007, 20:08
Well eu suggested it in another thread, so I blame him :p :

we all should move to the FIA favoring McLaren thread now :) :) :)

Oh well, every time a decision like this happens we get this rubbish.

tinchote
31st May 2007, 20:25
McLaren are cheaters.

RichardRenes
31st May 2007, 21:51
If anything, I think the FIA/ F1 has favoured Ferrari more than enough during the last 15 years or so.

Especially when the main chief, the big BE himself starts to favour certain drivers openly.

ioan
31st May 2007, 22:11
Did you see how Hamilton swerved in front of Felipe last race? :p :

donKey jote
31st May 2007, 22:13
chop lewi :laugh:

ioan
31st May 2007, 22:23

:laugh:

Ian McC
31st May 2007, 23:19
McLaren are cheaters.

Heh?

Would you like to expand on that?

trumperZ06
31st May 2007, 23:21

:p : That just doesn't have the same... RING !!! ;) :)

Answering this threads question.... NO !!!

ioan
31st May 2007, 23:31
Heh?

Would you like to expand on that?

There is nothing to expand, this is just for the fun, the serious thread has already 200+ posts.

Ian McC
31st May 2007, 23:37
There is nothing to expand, this is just for the fun, the serious thread has already 200+ posts.

Fun? There is no fun in F1, make comments like that again and you will have Bernies boys banging on your door :p :

Valve Bounce
1st June 2007, 01:30

Yeah! Brazilians latest craze: Chicken chop lewi. :D

ioan
1st June 2007, 10:39
how about McLarens front wing then?

At the moment they seem to have FIA's favor, no problem with their flexing wing and their team orders are allowed.

aryan
1st June 2007, 12:50
At the moment they seem to have FIA's favor, no problem with their flexing wing and their team orders are allowed.

If anyone had said the same thing about Ferrari, you would have bombarded them with prove it comments.

Prove it then ioan. Prove the McLaren wing flexes.

Big Ben
1st June 2007, 13:55
If anyone had said the same thing about Ferrari, you would have bombarded them with prove it comments.

What proof do you want? Itīs a known fact that FIA favors McLaren and above all that thereīs unconditional love between RD and Mosley

ioan
1st June 2007, 16:11

There is no carbon fibre made part, with the profile of that wing, that won't flex under the huge aero loads produced at 300 kmh. It's common sense and very little need for engineering knowledge is needed to realize that.

truefan72
1st June 2007, 19:01
just ever so slightly in this case. I honestly think that if they had come down on McL and strictly followed the lettrer of their rules, versus a loose interpretation they chose, hey would have effectively ruined the 2007 season and the all the excitement it has brought to date. A fair compromise would have been a moterary fine and a one-race ban on Ron Dennis for unsportsmanlike conduct, with threat for further and more severe punishemnt if such actions would occur again.

Just because they made a ruling doesn't mean they are right. I stopped counting the number of times they made a ruling in favor of Ferrari when they were cleary in the wrong. ( I guess in ther minds for the benefit of the "game")

aryan
1st June 2007, 19:43
There is no carbon fibre made part, with the profile of that wing, that won't flex under the huge aero loads produced at 300 kmh. It's common sense and very little need for engineering knowledge is needed to realize that.

I love how you love to rob your engineering knowledge on our face, as if none of us are engineers here and have any understandings of physics.

Maybe I should have elaborated a bit more:

Prove that the McLaren wing flexes more than is allowed in the FIA Formula 1 Championship rules, and that FIA is intentionaly turning a blind eye to this case and thereby favouring McLaren, as your original post to which I replied implied.

phewwww... got that off my chest al ritgh! :)

ioan
1st June 2007, 20:02
I love how you love to rob your engineering knowledge on our face, as if none of us are engineers here and have any understandings of physics.

I didn't stop anyone from exposing his/her knowledge of physics, mechanics and so on.
If you have a personal problem with it than do not read my posts.

Maybe I should have elaborated a bit more:

Yeah maybe you should have done it better in the first place. But after your above comment I might not want to answer anymore your flame baits.

jens
1st June 2007, 20:16
I didn't know Lewis Hamilton could drive backwards. Wouldn't he have been black flagged?

Everything is permitted for the new Golden Boy of the present era! ;)

odykas
1st June 2007, 21:02
At least Jarno can pass! :p :

Racehound
4th June 2007, 17:08
the upper element added to the front wing is not there to produce downforce!!!!!.......it is there to change the airflow toward the radiator intakes and is actually a diffuser not a wing.........if you look at the rake angle of it compared to the actual wing you should see how shallow its attack angle is.....

Firstgear
4th June 2007, 19:30
the upper element added to the front wing is not there to produce downforce!!!!!.......it is there to change the airflow toward the radiator intakes and is actually a diffuser not a wing.........if you look at the rake angle of it compared to the actual wing you should see how shallow its attack angle is.....

Exactly what I was going to say, but I was going to add that....It's common sense and very little need for engineering knowledge is needed to realize that.

Racehound
4th June 2007, 23:21
McLaren are cheaters.
very good.....keep practicing your English!!!!!!

Racehound
4th June 2007, 23:27
Exactly what I was going to say, but I was going to add that....It's common sense and very little need for engineering knowledge is needed to realize that.
well......there ya go........Its common sense and very little need for engineering knowledge is needed to realize that!!! :)

Valve Bounce
5th June 2007, 00:15
Yeah!! just a teeny weeny phd in aeronautics will do!

Ari
5th June 2007, 05:48
Boo hoo McLaren etc etc.

WRC2006
5th June 2007, 11:38

Like Ferrari had a favour in the 1st or 2nd race (this season) with the flex part under his car (sorry I can't remember the technical word to describe this), but when McLaren asked to have the same part as flexible as Ferrari the FIA said no way. Of course Ferrari didn't have another choice instead of replacing it and design it according to the FIA rules. But they used it already and gained a competetive advantage to everyone in 1 or 2 race before it has been discovered. Did FIA carry investigations? Not, coz it is Ferrari

Last year renault had been using the mass dumper (correct me if I am wrong in spelling) for more than 7 months, but when they found Ferrari losing the ground, they started to attack and investigate renault and baned them to use the same part in the middle of the season just to help Ferrari to close the gap?! Which they did but it was too late for both titles.

And now coz Ferrari missed the Monaco GP, time again for FIA to investigate that team which want to increase the gap at least on manufacturer championship and stop them as much as possible.

So who seems to have FIA's favour?! McLaren or Ferrari?!

Racehound
5th June 2007, 12:30
?

ioan
5th June 2007, 13:50
Like Ferrari had a favour in the 1st or 2nd race (this season) with the flex part under his car (sorry I can't remember the technical word to describe this), but when McLaren asked to have the same part as flexible as Ferrari the FIA said no way. Of course Ferrari didn't have another choice instead of replacing it and design it according to the FIA rules. But they used it already and gained a competetive advantage to everyone in 1 or 2 race before it has been discovered. Did FIA carry investigations? Not, coz it is Ferrari

Last year renault had been using the mass dumper (correct me if I am wrong in spelling) for more than 7 months, but when they found Ferrari losing the ground, they started to attack and investigate renault and baned them to use the same part in the middle of the season just to help Ferrari to close the gap?! Which they did but it was too late for both titles.

And now coz Ferrari missed the Monaco GP, time again for FIA to investigate that team which want to increase the gap at least on manufacturer championship and stop them as much as possible.

So who seems to have FIA's favour?! McLaren or Ferrari?!

You are very far from reality.

1. There were other teams that had a supposedly flexible undertray in Oz and those teams had to change them because McLaren very cleverly and hypocritically questioned it. So those parts got outlawed!

2. The ones that first questioned Renault's mass dampers last season were McLaren and not Ferrari. Also it mcLaren used the same hypocritical approach as they did with the so called "flexible" floors. Tey asked the FIA if they could use several mass dampers in their cars to improve the handling.
Ferrari were also using mass dampers and were already beating Renault at that moment last season.

So who's favoring whom?!

One thing is sure, McLaren are getting away with things that they are questioning in other teams (like team orders for example!).

raikk
5th June 2007, 19:11
What proof do you want? Itīs a known fact that FIA favors McLaren and above all that thereīs unconditional love between RD and Mosley

RD hates Mad max... thats why he was one of the members of the GPMA.. I still don't see how Mclaren are cheating .. They don't want Hamilton and Alonso to take eachother out so the one who gets pole is the one that stays in front... now if this was done at Spa then I would agree that it is wrong because there are many overtaking opportunities.. It all depends on the track and the nature of which the race is performed...

jidoka
5th June 2007, 21:22
Back on topic!
In a word no.

ioan
13th June 2007, 11:15
Back on topic!
In a word no.

Nice way to support your point of view. :rolleyes: