PDA

View Full Version : From the land that brought you..........

CarlMetro
30th May 2007, 23:04
..............the deep-fried Mars Bar comes a new and exciting invention in cullinary excellence. We give you Iron Bru Sausages...........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/6704109.stm

An award-winning butcher has come up with two special Scottish sausages which are being tipped as the perfect hangover cure - Iron Brew bangers.
The soft drink, Irn Bru, is often used to ease hangovers, along with fry-ups.

Stuarts of Buckhaven are launching the Pork Iron Brew Banger and the Pork Sweet Chilli Iron Brew Banger in Fife.

Barr, which produces Irn Bru, has given the saugages its blessing but has insisted the firm uses another spelling to protect its trademark.

Stuarts created the sausages to celebrate the company's 150th anniversary.

The sausages, which will be formally launched next Tuesday, received good reviews while being trialled at the company's shops in Leven, Lundin Links and Buckhaven.

Alan Stuart, Stuarts managing director, came up with the idea one morning while showering.

"I don't know why, but all my best ideas seem to come to mind in the shower," he said.

"I had been thinking about producing something memorable with a Scottish twist to mark our 150th anniversary.

"We won the World Scotch Pie Championship last November which was a wonderful way to kick-start our celebratory year and we felt we needed a special new product which could be developed into a really big seller in the future."