PDA

View Full Version : V8 Supercars Rd 5 Details - Hidden Valley

Peter Vuko
30th May 2007, 11:58
Hi guys, I'm back from Fiji. Had a great time. Now back to some serious racing!! Rd 5 at Hidden Valley is set to begin. Qualifying will be in Time Trial Mode and will end on Tuesday 5th June & the race will end on Sunday 10th June. Here are the details:

Rd 5 Hidden Valley Details:
QUALIFYING: *Time Trial Mode/Free set ups/no cheats or boosts *Time must be posted on the Codemaster Hall of Fame to qualify for pts * You must post a qualifying time to be eligible for a "handicap" in the race *Qualifying times must be posted on Codies before 8pm Tuesday 5th June.

RACE :
Length: 15 laps
Settings:* Free Set Ups/ No cheats or boosts * Corner Cutting & Careless Driving OFF
Grid Position: Set to BACK of grid - YES a Reverse Grid!!!
A.I : Set to CUSTOM 110% - this will make it interesting!!!
Handicaps: Handicaps for the race will be posted on Tuesday after the Qualifying times & pts are posted, but you must qualify to be eligible for a handicap.
Times: pm O/T & F/L by Midnight Sunday 10th June.

Peter Vuko
30th May 2007, 12:30
The top 5 qualifying times at the moment are:
1.BobZee..... 48.56s
2.Vuko Snr... 48.58s
3.Sloma....... 48.81s
4.Shell........ 48.98s
5.J.B........... 49.85s
Still plenty of time until Tuesday. Will 47's be achievable??

The race should be interesting with the Reverse Grid start & 110% A.I. Any comments!!

johnny shell
30th May 2007, 14:03
yeah I'll comment - that race is going to be a bear! unless, that is, the whole field just pulls away from me and I'm left to run my 15 laps in peace!

I wonder how fast the AI is here at 110%?

tannat
30th May 2007, 18:56
110% and Back of grid?

I'll probably have a traffic free race :D

RALLY TEAM GB
30th May 2007, 19:44
no 110% sounds very interesting!!!

Peter Vuko
1st June 2007, 02:24
The top 5 qualifying times at the moment are:

1.Vuko Snr... 48.33s
2.BobZee......48.56s
3.Sloma....... 48.81s
4.Shell........ 48.98s
5.J.B........... 49.85s
Still plenty of time until Tuesday.

Vuko Snr taking over the the pole spot from BobZee. Could drivers please put their times on the forum as well as Codies - some people use different names on Codies.

Peter Vuko
1st June 2007, 03:01
Here are the Qualifying times from last year's race at Hidden Valley:
1.Vuko Snr... 48.33s
2.Vuko Jnr... 48.86s
3.BobZee.... 49.71s
4.Homer...... 51.06s
5.real_ill...... 51.18s

Interesting to see that I equalled my best time from last year. I'm sure that this time will be beaten though - I know I have a few more tenths in me in this year's car. The race was a 12 lapper with Vuko Snr winning in a time of 10m.06s...F/L..49.17s

Remember you must post a qualifying time to be eligible for a handicap in this event.

Brown, Jon Brow
1st June 2007, 10:02
If handicapping is going to be based on qualifying, then maybe I won't improve my time ;)

Neil Adams
1st June 2007, 12:28
im returning to the series for this one, may just be a one off!

Peter Vuko
1st June 2007, 14:16
No!! The handicaps won't be based on qualifying J.B. I will work them out based on performances over the last 4 Rds.

johnny shell
1st June 2007, 16:03
I started race practice last night. what a bitch this round is going to be!

I got in very few good laps. lots of beating and banging.

it's much harder to maintain focus & composure when you're beating & banging with cars almost the whole time.... and there's always someone breathing down your neck.

if the cars ever got spaced out, it would be one thing - then you could just pick them off one at a time. but they don't. there often two wide... and one little mistake and someone is there to pass you.

all in all, very exciting. between that and the handicapping, there could be some real surprises this round!

chrisfinch
1st June 2007, 17:22
How'd you get a bloomin code for lap times? Sorry if its sounds stupid but I only ever play on this game now in these championships and tbh I cant be bothered with everything-you know i just liek to drive around a track for half an hour like that-not worried about race pace. I've sent u like a million PMS bout it P Vuko, I guess you never got them cos i haven't heard back.

Unless my times are too slow for a code???

tannat
1st June 2007, 18:07
How'd you get a bloomin code for lap times? Sorry if its sounds stupid but I only ever play on this game now in these championships and tbh I cant be bothered with everything-you know i just liek to drive around a track for half an hour like that-not worried about race pace. I've sent u like a million PMS bout it P Vuko, I guess you never got them cos i haven't heard back.

Unless my times are too slow for a code???

There is a minimum time you must surpass in order to generate a code, and yes, they don't make it easy to find.

I'm not in front of my console at the moment, but you have to go to the championship details screen for each track, and it should indicate either the minimum time you must surpass, or the code for the HoF entry.

johnny shell
1st June 2007, 19:21
yeah, you gotta beat the time that is on the screen when you start - the default "best lap"

once you beat that, then on the same screen where you have car setup & telemetry & stuff, there's "championship details"... go to the track that you're on & on the bottom there will be a long code that's a lot of letter with some dashes thrown in.

have fun!

Neil Adams
1st June 2007, 20:49
im returning to the series for this one, may just be a one off!

er.. maybe not, im a second slower than the slowest time above, so i'll be a DNS, had a fun race against the ps2

tannat
1st June 2007, 21:00
er.. maybe not, im a second slower than the slowest time above, so i'll be a DNS, had a fun race against the ps2

I assure you I'll be trailing you, Neil :p

Peter Vuko
2nd June 2007, 03:34
We only have 4 qualifying times in so far!! The top 5 gain pts! Come on guys post some times - you can post as many times as you like until Tuesday evening.

RALLY TEAM GB
2nd June 2007, 04:02
i start posting times 2moro

KingSpeedy
2nd June 2007, 07:18
Hi, i got down to a 49.99, i have posted it on codemasters #84th (under King Speedy). I should be able to go quicker.

In case you missed the other thread, i was wondering if i could join?

Entry:
Name: KingSpeedy
Car: Holden Commodore VZ
No: #22
Team: HRT (Todd's car)

Peter Vuko
2nd June 2007, 10:03
The top qualifying times at the moment are:

1.Vuko Snr...... 48.33s
2.BobZee.........48.56s
3.A.Sloma....... 48.81s
4.J.Shell...... ...48.98s
5.J.B............. 49.85s
6.KingSpeedy...49.99s

Welcome KingSpeedy, you come well recommended by BobZee. Hope you enjoy the event.

real_illusions
3rd June 2007, 16:08
I haven't even turned the ps2 on yet..for either the V8 or DTM races..

Moving house and buying a new car..plus 2 jobs..whew..

i'll try to get a time posted..be it under 1 minute or over an hour long..i'll get one in..

:)

KingSpeedy
3rd June 2007, 17:06
Welcome KingSpeedy, you come well recommended by BobZee. Hope you enjoy the event.

Thanks Peter, i dont think im as good as what bobzee thinks, im finding car setup is a bigger issue than first thought.

I finally broke into the 49s barrier even though it was a 49.99 i did it, but took 4 hrs to get there though. I did a 49.95 shortly after but havn't posted that yet i think i can go quicker.
Thanks for having me.
KingSpeedy

real_illusions
3rd June 2007, 17:37

position 109 on codies..(page 6)..under half a second away from double figures ;)

Adam Sloma
3rd June 2007, 17:57
48.33s its all i can do this time.

Cheers!

Peter Vuko
4th June 2007, 00:47
The top qualifying times at the moment are
1.Vuko Snr..... 48.33s
2.Sloma......... 48.33s
3.BobZee........48.56s
4.J.Shell........ 48.98s
6.KingSpeedy...49.99s
7.dcr22B.........50.93s
8.real_illusions..51.39

The Polish ace, Adam Sloma today equalled Vuko Snr's time to put him 2nd on the grid.
Deadline for Qualifying times is Tuesday evening 8pm!

Brown, Jon Brow
4th June 2007, 09:28
Nearly a second behind J.Shell!! That can't be right. I need to get a little more practice in.

dcr22B
4th June 2007, 12:31
Thanks Peter for posting my time up, meant to publish it on here.

Had struggled for pace so tried an unusual strategy, I did a few laps in a Commodore (sacrilege I hear the Blue Oval fans cry!!!) and got a good help from that before reverting back to the BF to set my time.

Have done a bit of race practice and I'll sum up my progress with one word: TOUGH!

johnny shell
4th June 2007, 12:59
Nearly a second behind J.Shell!! That can't be right. I need to get a little more practice in.

hey! I don't like the way that sounded JB! watch it! :hmh:

tannat
4th June 2007, 18:27
Not going to farf about with qualifying too much-too many other commitments before the deadline.

Will definitely put forth some effort for the race as our calendar will be clear..

RALLY TEAM GB
4th June 2007, 23:28
1.Vuko Snr..... 48.33s
2.Sloma......... 48.33s
3.BobZee........48.56s
4.J.Shell........ 48.98s
6.KingSpeedy...49.99s
7.dcr22B.........50.93s
8.real_illusions..51.39
9.steve spackman 52.72

Peter Vuko
4th June 2007, 23:43
1.Vuko Snr..... 48.33s
2.Sloma......... 48.33s
3.BobZee........48.56s
4.J.Shell........ 48.98s
6.KingSpeedy...49.99s
7.dcr22B.........50.93s
8.real_illusions..51.39
9.steve spackman 52.72With qualifying finishing tonight we have 9 entries so far. Vuko Jnr & US driver tannat are reportedly making a dash to Darwin to get in one session of qualifying before the deadline at 8pm. Will there be a lot of movement at the last moment like last Rd as drivers try one last time to get into the top 5? Results go up 8.15pm tonight.

KingSpeedy
5th June 2007, 09:36
That 8pm, what timezone is that in?
GMT +9.5 like the forum is?

KingSpeedy
5th June 2007, 11:01
KingSpeedy 49.82 (81st)
Yay 5th, i doubt it will last long though.
Congras to everyone who got into the 48's, that is fast.

BobZee
5th June 2007, 12:14
Gave it my all in last minute qualifying - 48.36. Just couldn't get under Peter or Slomo.
Well done King Speedy in your first qualifying!
Had a quick go at starting at the back of the grid with 110% AI. It is going to be a tough race I think with plenty of bash and barge involved.

Peter Vuko
5th June 2007, 13:11
1.Vuko Snr.......... 48.33s....5pts
2.Sloma.............. 48.33s....4pts
3.BobZee.............48.36s....3pts
4.Vuko Jnr...........48.54s....2pts
5.J.Shell............. 48.98s.....1pt
6.KingSpeedy........49.82s
7.J.B.................. 49.85s
8.dcr22B..............50.93s
9.real_illusions.......51.39
10.S.Spackman..... 52.72

A great fight for pole position but Vuko Snr grabs yet another pole. Nothing separating the top 3. BobZee narrowly missing out on pole. A great drive by J.Shell to get into the top 5 & by newcomer KingSpeedy to take position 6 ahead of J.B.
This will be a difficult race with the reverse grid & 110% A.I. Here are the "Handicaps" for the race:
*Vuko Snr, Sloma, BobZee, Vuko Jnr - Off Scratch
*Shell, KingSpeedy, J.B. - 5 seconds to be deducted off race time.
*dcr22B - 7 seconds to be deducted off race time.
*real_illusions - 10 seconds to be deducted off race time.
*Spackman - 15 seconds to be deducted off race time.
I will deduct the times - so pm me your raw time please & your F/L by Sunday evening.

johnny shell
5th June 2007, 14:02
I got a point for qualifying????

in a touring car???

sniff sniff

I think this is the best day of my life.

(don't tell my finacee or kid I said that though!)

:p imp:

Brown, Jon Brow
5th June 2007, 14:22
I improve to a 49.54 but didn't get it posted. Hopefully my consistent race pace will get me on the podium.

johnny shell
5th June 2007, 15:39
thanks for robbing me of that joy I was feeling for earning a qualifying point JB.

oh, by the way, beans on toast suck!

tannat
5th June 2007, 18:25
Forgot about the Q deadline :(

No worries-we'll make an extra effort to do really well at this venue.
Not a lot to this track. Actually seems like a copy of several of the dragstrip-based tracks here in the US

real_illusions
6th June 2007, 01:12
dont think i'll be able to get this one done in time..moving house plus a trip to brands hatch for the dtm this weekend (hopefully)...

If i can get an extension till wednesday then great, but dont have to if your on a tight schedule. (chances are i'll be busy for the next week or 2 anyway).

Alfa Fan
6th June 2007, 02:17
thanks for robbing me of that joy I was feeling for earning a qualifying point JB.

Your time would still have been better ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
6th June 2007, 10:11

Yeah, you are still over 1/2 a second faster. Oh and don't suck beans on toast, chew them :p

dont think i'll be able to get this one done in time..moving house plus a trip to brands hatch for the dtm this weekend (hopefully)...

If i can get an extension till wednesday then great, but dont have to if your on a tight schedule. (chances are i'll be busy for the next week or 2 anyway).

Your moving house so you can watch the DTM??? :erm:

real_illusions
6th June 2007, 13:02
Your moving house so you can watch the DTM??? :erm:

i wish i was ;)

but sadly no..2 seperate things..moving house AND going to see the DTM..

johnny shell
6th June 2007, 14:28
I appologize for my outburst yesterday. I've been quitting smoking and it's lead to a temper at times. I've pissed off several people in the last few days.

of course, I was really only kidding around with JB anyway. I just assumed he was faster than me because he usually always is.

sounds like RI has a full weekend. man I would love to be able to go see the DTM cars live and in person.

but on the bright side the F1 race at Indy is in a couple weeks!

wish they would bring some cool touring cars to run that weekend too.

chrisfinch
6th June 2007, 17:51
Darn-they wouldnt accept my code on the Hallf of fame thing-then I forgot all about it. Poop. I may do the race if I have time-but exams are in the way. Sorrryyyyyyyy.

Peter Vuko
9th June 2007, 09:44
That's some sort of race at Hidden Valley. The reverse grid & 110% A.I. make for exciting racing!! Those A.I cars are pretty quick down the straight. Spent some time getting that first lap right. I was in 11th spot by the end of the 1st lap & took the lead on the 5th lap. Reeled off consistent laps until traffic near the end. Managed to lap 10 cars. I really enjoyed the challenge. We might have a few more of these.

*Reminder that times are due in tomorrow evening!!!

johnny shell
10th June 2007, 07:23
times submitted.

EARLY

fun race. rewarding going from last to first on 110% on such a tight track.

reminded me of the short oval tracks I used to race on here in cheap stock cars with big V8s. a whole lap was like 15-20 seconds. beating & bangin the whole way

though it was never the fast way aroudn the track, it was often the ONLY way around it.

hope to finish md-field again!

Brown, Jon Brow
10th June 2007, 17:40
I did some practice starts and I got up to 9th by the end of lap 9 with a Lewis Hamilton style start and then I was 2nd on lap 3 before being punted off at the fast double left hander.

Will try to complete the race this evening.

tannat
10th June 2007, 19:43
and then I was 2nd on lap 3 before being punted off at the fast double left hander.

Sorry, JB. Nothing personal :p

steve_spackman
10th June 2007, 23:21
can we have a extension..my xbox packed in so have to buy a new one monday morning

Brown, Jon Brow
10th June 2007, 23:27
Did my race. Got up to 14th on lap 1 and led at the end of lap 4, but I never really got into a rhythm and felt that I might have been able to lap around .5 seconds a lap faster. Traffic at the end slowed me down as well. :mad:

How come when I tap the rear of a car why do I spin? They should spin as the force is on the lightest part of their car and the strongest part of mine!!

johnny shell
11th June 2007, 00:31
you spin because the front of your car slows down a lot faster than the back of yor car.

so the back of your car is trying to pass up the front of your car.

simple physics, mate.

next time try using your BRAKES instead of the CAR IN FRONT OF YOU when you're approaching a corner.

oh, it's joyous when the mighty fall!

p.s. I vote we give spacman an extension until he gets his new x-bow.

p.p.s. JB- I WISH I could have been with-in .5s/lap of my potential this race! traffic made it a bitch though!

Peter Vuko
11th June 2007, 01:05
I'm still waiting on times from: KingSpeedy,Tannat & Spackman. I will grant extensions until Monday evening.

Brown, Jon Brow
11th June 2007, 10:21
you spin because the front of your car slows down a lot faster than the back of yor car.

so the back of your car is trying to pass up the front of your car.

simple physics, mate.

Surely the light part of the car you hit will spin first. Just watch these crashes from British touring cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ocAlPL1yE8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IltQtTQyw0

johnny shell
11th June 2007, 14:03
what got me was when you would hit a car square in the rear end under braking - then you would go spinning off in the grass & they would recover & go on just fine!

I had to learn to not do that

tannat
11th June 2007, 14:23
I'm still waiting on times from: KingSpeedy,Tannat & Spackman. I will grant extensions until Monday evening.

I'm probably not going to make it, Peter :(

Simply can't find the time to game.

tannat
11th June 2007, 18:40
I'm probably not going to make it, Peter :(

Simply can't find the time to game.

For certain I'll be there for the next round (Spa), if I have to take medication to keep myself awke to run it...

johnny shell
11th June 2007, 20:13
look forward to having you back at Spa Tannat.

can't wait to see how the newcomer KingSpeedy does

Peter Vuko
13th June 2007, 00:14
Here are the results for Rd 5 at Hidden Valley. A disappointing turn out of only 7 drivers!!!!!! I'm sure those who took part found it a tough but enjoyable event:

Rd 5 Hidden Valley:
1.Vuko Snr.. 12m.36s....49.12s....30pts
2.BobZee......12m.39s....49.12s...26pts
3.J.B...........12m.44s*...50.11s...24pts
4.J.Shell.......12m.49s*...49.99s...22pts
5.Vuko Jnr....12m.50s.....50.14s...20pts
6.dcr22B......13m.06s*....51.78s..18pts
7.racer69.....13m.40s.....51.12s...16pts
*handicap time
A very close race between Vuko Snr & BobZee, but the Commodore showing once again it's the car to beat!! J.Shell continues to improve - watch for him!

I'll put up the current standings tonight - there could be a lot of changes in position.

tannat
13th June 2007, 00:28
Here are the results for Rd 5 at Hidden Valley. A disappointing turn out of only 7 drivers!!!!!! .

Really sorry I couldn't support you, PV. At a venue with a short, easy track as well..

Little Emma is wearing us thin in the wee hours with her teething, but her smiles during the day make up for it all, and then some...

racer69
13th June 2007, 12:14
Happy enough with 7th....though as at the moment i can only do the Aussie rounds i need all the points i can get. My race was going ok until a collision with a car (which led to me sideways in the middle of the track and being ploughed into.....) forced an unscheduled pitstop late in the race.......a shame :)

Brown, Jon Brow
13th June 2007, 12:16
Really sorry I couldn't support you, PV. At a venue with a short, easy track as well..

Little Emma is wearing us thin in the wee hours with her teething, but her smiles during the day make up for it all, and then some...

Thats very unprofessional behavior tannat. I don't know what the bosses at Holden will think about you putting family before racing :mad:

I reckon that I could of won this round if I had come 1st :erm: :p

tannat
13th June 2007, 14:14
[quote="Brown, Jon Brow"]Thats very unprofessional behavior tannat. I don't know what the bosses at Holden will think about you putting family before racing :mad:

I reckon that I could of won this round if I had come 1st :erm: :p [/QUOTE

I've been practicing at Spa the past two AMs, and she has been asleep on my chest for every lap :)

johnny shell
13th June 2007, 14:20
Be careful with that Tannat. Don't you remember when Britney Spears thought she was so special that she could carry her son around in the car on her lap?

no matter how special you are the kids needs to be in a proper car seat.

Now that I see my finish, I'll say that was a really run & rewarding race!

had I finished poorly, my opinion would surely be different!!!

thanks PV - that was indeed a blast.

it used to be I didn't even run those reverse grid 110% races because I couldn't hang with the AI.

johnny shell
13th June 2007, 14:23
I see my arch-rival beat me to the podium by FOUR freakin' seconds. ugh

nice run though again JB!

lucky for you Piotr wasn't running this race, eh? :p

steve_spackman
14th June 2007, 04:04
i was unable to get my hands on a xbox in time..i have one now and will join at spa..see you guys there

Peter Vuko
14th June 2007, 08:35
Here are the standings after Rd 5 of the V8 Supercar series:
1.Vuko Snr...155pts
2.Vuko Jnr...130pts
3.BobZee....123pts
4.J.B..........107pts
5.dcr22B......80pts
6.Homer.......79pts
7.J.Shell.......57pts
8.Muz...........56pts
9.real_ill........48pts
10.A.Sloma.....42pts
11.tannat.......34pts
12.AlfaFan......22pts
13.racer69......21pts
14.Spackman....6pts

Vuko Snr has a good gap & is well on his way to retaining the title. A very good scrap is on for 2nd place between Vuko Jnr & BobZee with J.B close behind. Next Rd is at Spa - details go up tonight.