PDA

View Full Version : sky sports

zoostation
28th May 2007, 11:43
did anyone watch the race through them?

as if you did, you will know how we missed the final laps of the race and dario winning thanks to sky losing the signal

which was ... a tad annoying

i dont really know actually what happened at the end either yet

but apart from the end it was a great race lol

*100th post*

mikiec
28th May 2007, 15:56
I was watching on C+ Deportes (Spain) and AB Moteurs (France) and both of them lost the signal at the same time. Seems to have been a problem with the uplink stateside. Maybe because of the heavy rain moving in at the time?!

zoostation
28th May 2007, 17:42
perhaps

but still its kinda annoying considering its the biggest race of the year for aowr.

28th May 2007, 18:40
Probably the satellite link was only for 5 hours? TV stations still have to pay for satellite time, don't they?

Lousada
28th May 2007, 20:46
The Dutch had full broadcast right to the end.

eastlmark
28th May 2007, 22:03
Nascar from Charlotte managed to get a signal out to us un interrupted at the same time. It was bad enough having to listen to that "motor sport Journialist" rubbish anyone who wasnt driving a Andretti Green, Gannassi or Penske car as field fillers with no hope of wining and then missing the end as well.

gibson_p
29th May 2007, 15:47
At least sky sports did manage to salvage a copy of the final laps coverage in time for the overnight repeat (which in the event started only about an hour after the live coverage finished!)
Pete

V12
30th May 2007, 03:17
I'm surprised Sky dropped the ball like this, they are usually quite good compared to, say Eurosport (I'm at University at the minute and can't afford it - so just listened in on the web). I still remember the dark days of IndyCar/CART/Champ Car on Eurosport and their horrific scheduling...well no they were good days but they (Eurosport) drove me up the bloody wall sometimes!

mikiec
30th May 2007, 10:50
I'm surprised Sky dropped the ball like this

I don't think it was Sky's fault as the same thing happened on French and Spanish tv at the same time. Must have been a problem with the uplink of the world feed stateside. Perhaps the Dutch channel was using a different feed?

they are usually quite good compared to, say Eurosport (I'm at University at the minute and can't afford it - so just listened in on the web). I still remember the dark days of IndyCar/CART/Champ Car on Eurosport and their horrific scheduling...well no they were good days but they (Eurosport) drove me up the bloody wall sometimes!

Eurosport are still rubbish for ChampCar coverage! :(

acescribe
31st May 2007, 14:54
I'm glad I paid my $9.99 and watched online then :-)

milly
31st May 2007, 14:59
Nascar from Charlotte managed to get a signal out to us un interrupted at the same time. It was bad enough having to listen to that "motor sport Journialist" rubbish anyone who wasnt driving a Andretti Green, Gannassi or Penske car as field fillers with no hope of wining and then missing the end as well.

But Tim Scott, the journo, was right - it was all about being in one of the 'Superteam' cars. At one stage AGR seemed set for a 1-2-3-4....