PDA

View Full Version : Turn1 / Turn2 IMS hotel

uncre8tv
28th May 2007, 06:07
Am I insane? I distinctly recall a hotel sitting in the short chute between turn one and two. Then today noticed it wasn't there. Now I'm googling for it and finding nothing. Did they tear it down when they rebuilt the pagoda? Was it just a figment of my imagination? I see the golf course has a hotel attached which is "outside turn 2" but the one I'm remembering almost hung over the track and was always visible on the broadcasts... Anyone else remember this?

MarcoCheever
28th May 2007, 16:17
The Brickyard Crossing is the only hotel, it's still there.

Scheckterfan54
28th May 2007, 19:32
I also was recently asked if the current hotel is the only one that has ever been on the IMS grounds. I actually have a current bet on this question. I do not recal another hotel being there, but a friend of mine insists that there was a hotel in the exit of turn two, after the suites. Anybody remember such a hotel?

nigelred5
28th May 2007, 23:27
There's been bleachers there as long as I can remember.

Scheckterfan54
29th May 2007, 00:02
Was the hotel you are refering to called the Motor Inn?

uncre8tv
29th May 2007, 07:36
I think I am remembering the turn 2 suites as being a hotel at one time. This could have been a misunderstanding from when I was a wee boy and heard that there were "suites" in that building. The IMS Motel (which apparently does not overlook the track) is the only pre-golfcourse hotel on the site that I'm finding in my searches.

point of curiosity - I went and found a youtube video of the old PC game "IMS: The Simulation" to help jog my memory. I remembered the "hotel" being in that game, and the only building in the youtube video was the suites.