PDA

View Full Version : who else was rooting for Petty to win tonight

harvick#1
28th May 2007, 04:47
man did I wish Mears and Yeley both run out of fuel before the end of the race, it would've been so awesome to see Kyle finally back in VL for Petty Enterprises.

it would've be so cool to finally see Kyle prove that he had what it takes to still win.

great job Kyle

and how about Vickers still getting 5th with no power steering :up:

MD24
28th May 2007, 06:02
That was a nice run for Kyle Petty

MD24
28th May 2007, 06:20
Congrats to Casey Mears for his first Cup win and HMS for its ninth in the past 10

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b59/5242548/caseymears.jpg

SmokeFan20
28th May 2007, 07:35
Damn.
I was hoping either Kyle Petty or Ricky Rudd would have won it when the heads in the booth said they were going to go all out and gamble on fuel.
But nope, Hendrick weaseled out yet another win.
Atleast it wasn't Jimmie, Jeffy or Kyle. But it still sucks, seeing as how NASCAR has joined the rest of television and went into reruns when it comes to race winners.

Different week, different track, same bullchtye result.

tradin paint
28th May 2007, 12:18
Finally mears has some good luck!
Good job

muggle not
28th May 2007, 12:33
Who would have thought. Casey Mears, JJ Yeley, and Kyle Petty.

dont_be_jack
28th May 2007, 14:27
Damn.
I was hoping either Kyle Petty or Ricky Rudd would have won it when the heads in the booth said they were going to go all out and gamble on fuel.
But nope, Hendrick weaseled out yet another win.
Atleast it wasn't Jimmie, Jeffy or Kyle. But it still sucks, seeing as how NASCAR has joined the rest of television and went into reruns when it comes to race winners.

Different week, different track, same bullchtye result.

It's amazing that people still find a reason to bitch about this result. You've got Casey Mears, yes in a Hendrick car, winning HIS FIRST RACE. You've got J.J. Yaley HAVING HIS BEST FINISH EVER. And you've got Kyle Petty IN THIRD. THREE PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T FINISHED THAT HIGH IN A WHILE. The top 10 at Charlotte was completely different then ever.

And you do need to remember that back in the day, the same 3 or 4 drivers won the vast majority of the races. No one thought that was bull****. Domination happens. Deal with it.

harvick#1
28th May 2007, 16:08
don't forget, wasn't Sorenson 4th and Vickers even with the Powersteering failure 5th :eek:

dont_be_jack
28th May 2007, 16:12
don't forget, wasn't Sorenson 4th and Vickers even with the Powersteering failure 5th :eek:

Even better! We had a Toyota in the top 5! How can people complain about this?!

call_me_andrew
29th May 2007, 00:57
Even better! We had a Toyota in the top 5! How can people complain about this?!

Well that was the only Toyota to finish.

As nice as it would be to see Kyle win a race, it's still nice to see Casey finally win something. But I don't know why Yeley still has a job.

Jonesi
29th May 2007, 01:36

As nice as it would be to see Kyle win a race, it's still nice to see Casey finally win something. But I don't know why Yeley still has a job.

Of the four other Toyotas, three were listed as running in the results, Blaney 18th, Mayfield 25th, & AJ 31st.

Yeley's hardly going to lose his job based on his current results, unless it to someone like DE jr or Biffle. Last year his rookie performance was a little weak ending 29th (on a team that could only get former champ Bobby Labonte to 24th the year before.) This year he's 15th in points only 59 points out of the chase. He's only had 1 top 10, but half his results are top 20. Realistically a 3rd-5th place multicar team can only expect to have 1 car in top 5, a second top 10. and another 11-15th. That's where Gibbs is right now, and it's not like his teammates are winning, they've yet to, with probably the best CoT.

Sparky1329
29th May 2007, 05:30
I'm thrilled for Casey Mears but it was just as sweet to see JJ and Kyle have great finishes. It wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit to get to see Kyle make a trip to VL before he hangs up his racing shoes. I can't think of anything better than to see Kyle take the checkered flag in Adam's car.

R. Mears
29th May 2007, 08:01
Every now and then it's really good to see someone other than Bush,Stewart,Johnson,Gordon,Jr,Kenseth,Harvik or Burton in the top 5. When races become too predictable it starts to get old. A little... :D

Lee Roy
29th May 2007, 10:59
That extra 100 miles usually makes for an interesting finishing lineup.

Old3Fan
29th May 2007, 15:59
Every now and then it's really good to see someone other than Bush,Stewart,Johnson,Gordon,Jr,Kenseth,Harvik or Burton in the top 5. When races become too predictable it starts to get old. A little... :D

This happens in all sports. A dynasty is formed by spending more money to get the best equipment and drivers and workers dedicated to winning leads to the same few organizations dominating. Backmarker teams only once in a great while win a race or many games much less a championship.

tstran17_88
29th May 2007, 19:11
Every now and then it's really good to see someone other than Bush,Stewart,Johnson,Gordon,Jr,Kenseth,Harvik or Burton in the top 5. When races become too predictable it starts to get old. A little... :D I agree with you that it's nice to see a new face in victory lane, but some of the drivers on your list don't make it to victory lane as often as the others. I'd never complain about seeing Kenseth, of course, and Busch, Burton or Harvick in victory lane.

xtlm
29th May 2007, 20:43
I was

BenRoethig
30th May 2007, 17:32

Anyone else find it kinda funny that the only two of the front running cars to have mechanical problems were the Toyotas of Mayfield (blown engine) and Vickers (power steering). I though they were supposed to be more reliable than the domestics. ;)