ColSha
28th May 2007, 00:41
At last a well deserved this 500 win

well done from a fellow jock ;)
a wee dram to ya health m8

Well done again

Marbles
28th May 2007, 01:48
The exception to the rule. Durocher got it wrong. Nice guys don't always finish last! Congrats to a gentleman driver... you deserve it. I'm sure your buddy Greg is smiling down on you this day. God bless.

huxleypiguk
28th May 2007, 07:51
Hear Hear, woke up to the news (gave up at 11pm last night) and am really pleased that Dario has at last won it.

Two Brits in a row ! Can we make it three ? Tune in this time next year to find out......

F1boat
28th May 2007, 10:18
Congrats to Mr. Franchitti!!!

gerrit
28th May 2007, 14:56
Hear Hear, woke up to the news (gave up at 11pm last night) and am really pleased that Dario has at last won it.

Two Brits in a row ! Can we make it three ? Tune in this time next year to find out......

Who's that other Brit.

Gerrit Stevens

FerrrariF1
28th May 2007, 18:12
At last a well deserved this 500 win

well done from a fellow jock ;)
a wee dram to ya health m8

Well done again

It rained!!!

The race was cut short....would he have won if the race went the distance? Helio and Dixon were closing fast. Would Dario have won if it went the distance? Or even 10 more laps? It was a gift win. Best part though was seeing Ashley get drenched by the rain...too bad she wasn't in a tight white t-shirt. Would have been the biggest news of the month at Indy.

Most disturbing part though was when they showed Marco coming out of the med center and they interviewed him. His sister, mother and Mario were there but where was Michael?
Mugging for the camera in victory circle is where he was versus showing any concerns for his son. Not even one mention when interviewed about his son. Thank god Mario, his mother and sister were there to support Marco in that crash as his dad cares more about himself. Maybe that's why he is already on wife #3 and counting.

huxleypiguk
28th May 2007, 19:29
Who's that other Brit.

Gerrit Stevens

Umm, when I last looked, Dan Wheldon was classed as a Brit, but I forgot that it was 2005 that he won. Oh well, only right we let the other countries have a chance now and again......

Roamy
28th May 2007, 20:55
The only thing I did not like is the after Dario's wife was so complimentary and graceful with he win - he seemed to blow her off when he pulled into victory circle. Other than that this should be a very popular win.

ChicagocrewIRL
29th May 2007, 00:03
I wonder if Paul Tracy called to offer his congratulations to our new Indianapolis 500 Champion ?

Dario Franchitti, NO LONGER Mr. Ashley Judd.

Dario Franchitti: Indianapolis 500 winner.

AWESOME

Marbles
29th May 2007, 01:15
The only thing I did not like is the after Dario's wife was so complimentary and graceful with he win - he seemed to blow her off when he pulled into victory circle. Other than that this should be a very popular win.

I picked up on that too and I feel sorry for the both of them with regards to that. It's awkward. I, like many other guys, have done something similar, although certainly not on this scale. It's a moment we all regret and wish we could take back. We're so damn happy we can't think straight. We forget who really matters and who really desrves the hug. I'm sure he'll cringe about this aspect of winning the 500 for the rest of his life. They seem like a pretty solid couple os I'm sure he'll get some time to make up for it.

Thus ends my "Man" defense of Dario Franchitti!

xtlm
29th May 2007, 06:03
It rained!!!

The race was cut short....would he have won if the race went the distance? Helio and Dixon were closing fast. Would Dario have won if it went the distance? Or even 10 more laps? It was a gift win. Best part though was seeing Ashley get drenched by the rain...too bad she wasn't in a tight white t-shirt. Would have been the biggest news of the month at Indy.

Most disturbing part though was when they showed Marco coming out of the med center and they interviewed him. His sister, mother and Mario were there but where was Michael?
Mugging for the camera in victory circle is where he was versus showing any concerns for his son. Not even one mention when interviewed about his son. Thank god Mario, his mother and sister were there to support Marco in that crash as his dad cares more about himself. Maybe that's why he is already on wife #3 and counting.

This post = Win

Personally, I believe that he was not going to last one more lap....his teams strat worked though (fear of rain = crash = win in yellow while it rains). which i guess i give him props for a unique strategy.....but he did win one of the few 'little' indy 500's!...that was mean by me....I know quite well that if i was his i would be stupidly happy right now.

Ashley does get annoying, and michael was funny too..........Man I wish there were more post race interviews

uncre8tv
29th May 2007, 06:19
This thread went a bit sideways:

Dario and A.Judd - I'm sure she'll get over it. She was there in front of the camera mugging when he had milk to drink and interviews to do. NBD, they'll get over it, it was a non issue. She's a media pro too and knows when to step aside.

Michael was in the damn car F-F1. What, you want him to drive the indy car up to the med center doors? He was radioed that Marco was a-ok, parked the car, celebrated with his driver, and caught up later with his kid. The Andretti family are professionals all the way, I'm sure if there was ANY concern for Marco then Michael would have been on a clubcar to the medical center, but as it was he already knew Marco was fine, his driver just won, and he had business to take care of. No problem there either.