PDA

View Full Version : Worst. Broadcast. Ever

uncre8tv
27th May 2007, 19:56
This broadcast is being run by an idiot. Go to commercial ANYTIME there's sure to be interesting action on the track. Focus on Danica after Marco passes to compete for 1st. Idiots. Complete blithering idiots. ABC Sports should be ashamed and move this asshat back to running Americas Funniest Home Videos.

Mark in Oshawa
27th May 2007, 20:32
Actually, it was worse, Paul Page could be there. Actually, they have toned down the Danica and girl watching this year......

BTW I used to like Paul Page, but he was past it for the last few years he was on ABC....

edv
27th May 2007, 21:39
They've made numerous verbal blunders and they have missed a lot of the strategy on pit row.
The pit reporters are horrid.
Agreed that this is terrible coverage.

Marbles
28th May 2007, 05:02
I am not in the industry but I am willing to guarantee that I can find more suitable people than Rusty, Scotty and Marty if given a at least a week on the assignment.

Scott was his usual bland self. I can't explain it. He's just boring!

I never heard Rusty use the terms "Cats" or "Hotrods" this year and I never heard him call it the Daytona 500 this year but he did call it the "Day-(doh)-500" at least once. Stop making me feel like a rocket scientist... the man does not belong on the broadcast.

I also grew tired of Marty assuring us he was as excited, if not more excited, than anybody else there.

DBell
28th May 2007, 11:22
Hard to disagree with what's been posted. The announce team was lousy and Scott Goodyear is DULL! They don't even need Scott there. Just tape him doing 1 race and then play the tape at the rest of the races. He says the exact same thing at every race.

eliostar
28th May 2007, 13:16
Did I hear correctly, did Marty called Milka a he? I say bring back Paul page.

dont_be_jack
28th May 2007, 17:11
I thought that Rusty Wallace did a better job than he did last year. He actually seemed to learn some of the terminology and not make a total ass out of himself. But yea, ABC could do much better.

ACTF_ZETT
29th May 2007, 15:47
I was at the race so I could not hear the broadcast, however I know the announcers are horrible. Rusty has no business announcing Indy Car.

Paul Page was one of the greatest Indy 500 TV announcers of all time. His call of the 1994 Indianapolis 500 was amazing, I still get chills thinking about it. Paul Page was actually sitting up in turn 1 this year. They interviewed him on the IMS radio network during the rain delay, and let me tell you, this guy knows indy car racing. His comments were spot on, talking about why there were so many cautions and how the race was progressing.

Page needs to be back in the booth next year.

millencolin
29th May 2007, 16:40
im just glad though that they stop focusing all their time on Danica! that used to irritate the sh!t out of me