PDA

View Full Version : What can I say?

Valve Bounce
27th May 2007, 11:18
The conversation went something like this:

Me: I'll be staying up to watch the Grand Prix tonight

Wife: Is there another one? I thought there was only 1 GP each year!

Me: There are over 20

Wife: why do you want to watch them? they just go eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwww round and round.

Me: It's the Monaco GP tonight

Wife: So! I'm going to watch Robin Hood.

Me: .......................... :(

jens
27th May 2007, 11:33

:laugh: :laugh:

Oh dear - I'm yet to know a person, who thinks that there is only one Grand Prix per year. :p :

So you have basically two options - be harsh with your wife or call a friend, who also has the habit to be up late to watch F1. :)

Ian McC
27th May 2007, 11:36
Not been married long Valve?

Valve Bounce
27th May 2007, 11:36
Not been married long Valve?

Married in '65!

Ian McC
27th May 2007, 11:41
Married in '65!

You've married that long and your wife still thinks there is only one GP a year? Sorry Valve but you are a failure as a man and a husband :(

:p : :p : :p :

TMorel
27th May 2007, 12:07
It's good she doesn't know there are more races, otherwise she might sit down and try watching one. If she does that, then just wait till she starts predicting race results based on the most trivial of things - and gets them right whereas you've spent hours pouring over statistics and don't come close.

Jennie thrashed me in fantasy WRC by using things like "I like his eyes", "he's got a nice butt" and the brilliant one... betting against Loeb even finishing because she didn't like the shoes he wore in an interview - and that turned out to be the one event he threw it off the road.
In the end I chucked her out and she now lives on the coast. Last I heard she picked the winner of some big yacht race because the skipper was wearing the same coloured coat as a guy she met on the beach and he had a cute dog!

jas123f1
27th May 2007, 12:11

Wife: why do you want to watch them? they just go eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwww round and round.

Robin Hood is driving car number one. :)

ozrevhead
27th May 2007, 12:30
Robin Hood is driving car number one. :) lol

Valve i wouldnt worry - Thanx to BigBrother Robin Hood will finish before the coverage starts :rolleyes:

Valve Bounce
27th May 2007, 13:00
You've married that long and your wife still thinks there is only one GP a year? Sorry Valve but you are a failure as a man and a husband :(

Of course she knows there's more than one GP per year.

That was her reply :rolleyes;

:p : :p : :p :

That was her reply :rolleyes:

Ian McC
27th May 2007, 13:02

That was her reply :rolleyes:

There is hope for you yet then! :p :

BeansBeansBeans
27th May 2007, 15:12
People who know nothing about Motorsport think everything is F1.

Alan Sugar told the winning Apprentice team the other week that they'd be going to Bedford Autodrome to drive Formula One cars. It turns out they were driving Caterham 7s.

When I pointed out to my work colleagues that these weren't formula one cars, they accused me of being anal, but I think it's a fairly important point!

GridGirl
27th May 2007, 15:46
Its OK Valve, like your wife I stopped listening to my other half long along. At least you had no chance of being nagged into doiing other stuff while the race was on. :)

aryan
27th May 2007, 17:21
My ex girl friend used to be a Hamilton fan when he was in GP2 last year.

Pity that we aren't together anymore, I could have made her sit and watch some GPs with me just by telling her that Hamilton is in it :)

race aficionado
27th May 2007, 17:24

Valve,
We recorded Robin Hood on this end - get yourself one of those recording toys please - this allows to compromises.

And Valve, on a seriouse note, I've been married since 1990 and I have made sure to have the last word in my family issues with my wife. I just had to make sure of it so I have the last words and they go like this: "Yes honey, what ever you say" :p

It worked this weekend and we both saw Robin Hood and the Monaco GP

he he!

:s mokin:

Ian McC
27th May 2007, 17:35
My wife has gone the other way, was into Touring Cars long before me, had been driven round Donington by the likes of Tim Harvey. These days when we go to watch the BTCC she picks the cars she likes by the colour :s

At least she enjoys watching F1 with me :D

bontebempo
27th May 2007, 18:44
?? thanks for that. Who cares?

me: morning darling

wife: morning

this is an F1 forum not a forum about your personal life...

race aficionado
27th May 2007, 19:02

bontebempo:

One of the signatures of this our forum is that we occasionally share little tidbits of our lives that happen to relate to our F1 topic.

It's all light hearted and well intended and yes, this is an F1 forum.

see ya around.

:)

PSfan
27th May 2007, 23:43
bontebempo:

One of the signatures of this our forum is that we occasionally share little tidbits of our lives that happen to relate to our F1 topic.

It's all light hearted and well intended and yes, this is an F1 forum.

see ya around.

:)

I’d have to disagree here. While I like that we allow some members the leniency of posting barely f1 related and sometimes not relevant at all as it adds a certain character to the board. However as I stated before rules are in place against such discussions.

Explain to me, how a discussion about Valve's wife is more relevant to F1 then MS advising Massa in Monaco?

And for the record, I had requested the last "lets get personal with Valve bounce" thread (also known as "welcome back Valve") be moved not because of any personal agenda I may or may not have with him, but for the simple fact that if we can't compromise on discussions about JV, MS, JPM, etc etc, then why compromise on this? plus I found nothing light hearted when Valve is posting about "wanting to kill himself" :rolleyes:

AndyRAC
28th May 2007, 00:14

Alan Sugar told the winning Apprentice team the other week that they'd be going to Bedford Autodrome to drive Formula One cars. It turns out they were driving Caterham 7s.

When I pointed out to my work colleagues that these weren't formula one cars, they accused me of being anal, but I think it's a fairly important point!

I know what you mean, but the press and media are just as bad, look at Steve Rider today, he said that the success of Hamilton was good for British motorsport. While I agree, can't imagine him saying the same about a driver/rider in another formulae,i;e WRC,MotoGP, etc

DonnieDarco
28th May 2007, 00:20
Awwww, isn't it touching that bonwhatsit with all of his 46 posts, feels able to dictate to other people what they can or can't say...............even those with over 11 thousand posts. Warms the cockles.

Ian McC
28th May 2007, 00:28
Chill people, this is a fun thread, we get to poke fun at Valve so it's fine! :)

Valve Bounce
28th May 2007, 01:07
Chill people, this is a fun thread, we get to poke fun at Valve so it's fine! :)

Yeah!! and I got to borrow my wife's laptop to log onto F1.com for the live coverage while using my PC to chat during the GP. :)

Sometimes one can win bigtime. :)

Ari
28th May 2007, 06:56

Funniest thing ive read in a long time!! :D

bontebempo
28th May 2007, 10:02
so you judge what people can or cannot say by the amount of posts him or her have posted.
maybe the posters with 11 thousand posts are talking rubbish and the poster with 46 is not.

Awwww, isn't it touching that bonwhatsit with all of his 46 posts, feels able to dictate to other people what they can or can't say...............even those with over 11 thousand posts. Warms the cockles.

Ranger
28th May 2007, 10:10
Eh, you should have watched Robin Hood... Thanks to that race I only got 5 hours sleep!

Donney
28th May 2007, 10:12

You know is not compulsory to read all threads, don't you?

You know you can stop reading if you don't get the point of the thread, don't you?

You know you don't have the last word in what can be posted and what not, don't you?

You know there's more people than you here, don't you?

aryan
28th May 2007, 10:25

Sorry if this comes as news to you, it is more than just an F1 forum to many of us.

You are more than welcome not to participate in any threads you don't feel interested in, as you have done in the past 9 months since you joined the forum.

aryan
28th May 2007, 10:29
Yeah!! and I got to borrow my wife's laptop to log onto F1.com for the live coverage while using my PC to chat during the GP. :)

Sometimes one can win bigtime. :)

Valve, what OS is it you are running on those machines which doesn't support multi-tasking? Is it DOS or something? :D

Makes me wonder to what pains you should have gone through to install TCP/IP on DOS and have a web browser running on it... :D

Valve Bounce
28th May 2007, 10:38
Valve, what OS is it you are running on those machines which doesn't support multi-tasking? Is it DOS or something? :D

Makes me wonder to what pains you should have gone through to install TCP/IP on DOS and have a web browser running on it... :D

The trick is to keep the live timing ongoing so I can read the comments there and chat at the same time.

Then Ozrevhead told me about this channel with/called TVU PLayer where you can watch (although sometimes not the best) the race on the internet.

ShiftingGears
28th May 2007, 10:39
Maybe Ferraris longer wheelbase was a significant factor in McLarens dominance?

Valve Bounce
28th May 2007, 10:41

Sorry ug, wrong thread there!

schmenke
28th May 2007, 15:42
The wife and I have been sleeping in seperate beds every since she told me that she likes Ralph Schumacher :hmph: ...

race aficionado
28th May 2007, 16:03
schmenke . . . . now, that's a bit too personal . . . . and embarrasing.

Ralph Schumacher??????????

schmenke
28th May 2007, 16:24
I only admit it because I feel that I am amongst friends here... :(

Can I have a group hug please...? :(

DonnieDarco
28th May 2007, 16:53
so you judge what people can or cannot say by the amount of posts him or her have posted.
maybe the posters with 11 thousand posts are talking rubbish and the poster with 46 is not.

Highly unlikely.

donKey jote
28th May 2007, 17:26
I only admit it because I feel that I am amongst friends here... :(

Can I have a group hug please...? :(

I just gave your wife a hug, does that count? :D
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

Donney
28th May 2007, 17:35
If she likes Ralfie boy, maybe you should sleep in different houses... :erm:

bontebempo
28th May 2007, 18:41
you know YOU can stop reading the posts i post.

you know NOBODY cares what you think.

you know YOUR quite anoying withe the YOU KNOWS

You know is not compulsory to read all threads, don't you?

You know you can stop reading if you don't get the point of the thread, don't you?

You know you don't have the last word in what can be posted and what not, don't you?

You know there's more people than you here, don't you?

Donney
28th May 2007, 19:23
I know.

donKey jote
28th May 2007, 19:36
Explain to me, how a discussion about Valve's wife is more relevant to F1 then MS advising Massa in Monaco?

It's not more relevant, but less likely to evolve into a handbag fight like the usual MS/JV/basher/troller threads...

Well it was until bontebempo upped the tempo :dozey:

you know you can't even spell you're or annoying ? :z :

aryan
28th May 2007, 19:39
you know YOU can stop reading the posts i post.

you know NOBODY cares what you think.

hmm, one more addition to my ignore list :rolleyes:

bontebempo
28th May 2007, 20:43
yeah, same here

hmm, one more addition to my ignore list :rolleyes:

schmenke
28th May 2007, 20:49
I just gave your wife a hug, does that count? :D
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

Careful, she swings a mean handbag :p :

Schnell
29th May 2007, 00:38

Doh!...Now you've gone and made me feel bad for scolding naughty Ant' for holding up that nice Mr Massa in his all conquered...opps sorry conqueroring Ferrari, costing them 10 seconds? Ah!...But wait a moment...the results show Hamilton was 65 seconds ahead of Messa...opps I mean Massa at the finish! Now you tell me it was his long wheelbase!...Sorry Ant!

Webslinger
29th May 2007, 08:56
Doh!...Now you've gone and made me feel bad for scolding naughty Ant' for holding up that nice Mr Massa in his all conquered...opps sorry conqueroring Ferrari, costing them 10 seconds? Ah!...But wait a moment...the results show Hamilton was 65 seconds ahead of Messa...opps I mean Massa at the finish! Now you tell me it was his long wheelbase!...Sorry Ant!

Funny this Ferrari thing about being held up isn't it..? Some kind soul sent me the following e-mail, which I have to say I entirely agree with:

"Massa complained that he was held up by Davidson!... Just like he (Massa) did in qualifying last year, when Alonso was about half a mile ahead! And after the race we all heard Ferrari team manager Stefano Makeuppanexscusio say: "Davidson held us up for five laps and cost us two seconds a lap" Hmmm!... Lets face it, Ant was this years Ferrari scapegoat for a rubbish Ferrari performance today!"

Like the bloke who bought the company, I liked the quote so much I just had to mention it here..! Ferrari really should get a life and freely admit the days when they get trounced comprehensively. They will get more respect for doing so, rather than whingeing and searching for an innocent scapegoat. The trouble is that the governing body really do seem to favour Ferrari... and always have done!

Valve Bounce
29th May 2007, 09:55
Maybe Massa is being used as the scapegoat by Ferrari?

ShiftingGears
29th May 2007, 10:25
Sorry ug, wrong thread there!

Ahhh tits. Sorry!

Racehound
31st May 2007, 00:42
It's good she doesn't know there are more races, otherwise she might sit down and try watching one. If she does that, then just wait till she starts predicting race results based on the most trivial of things - and gets them right whereas you've spent hours pouring over statistics and don't come close.

Jennie thrashed me in fantasy WRC by using things like "I like his eyes", "he's got a nice butt" and the brilliant one... betting against Loeb even finishing because she didn't like the shoes he wore in an interview - and that turned out to be the one event he threw it off the road.
In the end I chucked her out and she now lives on the coast. Last I heard she picked the winner of some big yacht race because the skipper was wearing the same coloured coat as a guy she met on the beach and he had a cute dog!
brilliant T,,,,,,ima still laughing.....our sense of humour makes it all worthwhile

Valve Bounce
31st May 2007, 03:04
Not much chance for me there :(
She won't even go to watch Aussi Rules with me, and there's a helluva lot of nice buns as well as immense body contact, not to mention those cut-off shirts reveal a helluva lot of muscle.
I guess I'll just have to live with this dislike of all forms of sport. :(

Zsolt
31st May 2007, 19:25
No offense, Valve, but that's funny. lol. Next time, tell her that when you pop in the movie "Grand Prix", then you can REALLY confuse her. lol.

Valve Bounce
1st June 2007, 02:24
If I pop in the move "Grand Prix", she'll just tell me to turn the sound off. :(

555-04Q2
1st June 2007, 07:18

You need to assert yourself there matey. My wife knows, for two hours, approximately every second Sunday, she dont talk to me or disturb me unless the house is on fire.

Valve Bounce
1st June 2007, 07:31
You need to assert yourself there matey. My wife knows, for two hours, approximately every second Sunday, she dont talk to me or disturb me unless the house is on fire.

Me!! I get good meals very night, and I also get to go to the footy on weekends. ;)

pino
1st June 2007, 07:57
Thread cleaned, and let me remind you that none forces you to read all threads, when/if you read one you don't like...just ignore it !

tsarcasm
1st June 2007, 08:29
the wife just assumes i'll be out on the couch at unhealthy hours of the morning... wireless headphones have been my savior

Valve Bounce
1st June 2007, 10:09
OK, I'll have to ge my wireless headphones working for the next GP then.

Zsolt
1st June 2007, 19:24
If I pop in the move "Grand Prix", she'll just tell me to turn the sound off. :(

What's even the point of watching it then?????

I'll have to have a word w/her. lol.

Valve Bounce
2nd June 2007, 01:14
What's even the point of watching it then?????

I'll have to have a word w/her. lol.

OK, I have to be good because she lends me her lap top to use when I follow the race at F1.com for the live timing. I use my PC to log onto in's chat so I can follow the race. Also, Ozrevhead gave me this website for TVU which if set up properly allows me to watch come of the action on the internet.