PDA

View Full Version : Scott Pedder in the WRC

GigiGalliNo1
27th May 2007, 04:51
On http://www.rally.com.au they report of Scott Pedder competing in this years Rally New Zealand. Not sure if it's in a WRC car but he's backed by Mitsubishi Australia. Its a bit early, I just woke up but will read the story again later :p

"Leading Australian rally driver Scott Pedder will fulfil a life-long ambition when he competes in Rally New Zealand, round 11 of the World Rally Championship (WRC), in September this year.

Pedder, the factory driver for Team Mitsubishi Ralliart Australia in 2005 and 2006 achieving 4th outright in both years, was the highest seeded NEC ARC driver at the conclusion of 2006.

“Having the opportunity to compete in Rally New Zealand is amazing,” said Pedder. “It is unbelievably special to be part of an event such as the WRC and I have received incredible support from everyone involved in getting us to this point now.”

With a major component of support coming from Melbourne based sports travel company Sportsnet Holidays, Pedder’s trip to NZ comes with an added bonus for Australian based rally enthusiasts.

Sportsnet Holidays have put together a sensational adrenalin charged holiday experience which is being run in conjunction with Pedder’s entry to the event."

rest can be read here:

http://www.rally.com.au/home/latestnews/articleid=2429

aussiefan
28th May 2007, 10:17
For those of you who can't afford the asking price of the Sportsnet Tour to Rally NZ, RallySport Magazine are again running their popular tour to Rally NZ.

Starting in Auckland on Wed, 29 August, the tour includes all the rally action you could ask for, including access to 'exclusive' spectator points.

At only $1775 per person, this is definitely the best value tour available.

Check out more details at: http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1248&Itemid=46

GlenW
30th May 2007, 11:36
Hi all. It's Glen Weston here, Scott Pedder's co-driver.

The car we will be using for Rally NZ is a Group N Evo 9, and unfortunately not a WRCar. I'd like to thank Aussiefan (Peter!) for hijacking this thread about Scott!

The two tours are very different and it would be up to the individual to work out which was better value based on what they want to do and experience, rather than simply on dollar values.

Here's a thumbnail sketch of the inclusions for both trips.

Rallysport Magazine Tour $1775
- 5 nights accomodation
- 5 breakfasts and 3 lunches
- transfers
- gold rally pass and guided rally tour
- a chance to meet Chris Atkinson subject to his schedule
- Rallysport Magazine Merchandise

Sportnet Tour $4499
- return airfares on Emirates
- 7 nights accomodation
- 7 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 4 dinners
- Lion Brewery and beer tasting tour
- Welcome function with canapes and drinks
- A ride in the Evo 9 with Scott during the test day for the team in the forest
- entry to Sky Tower Auckland
- 3 hours of Match Racing on genuine America's Cup yachts in Auckland Harbour
- Maori Village tour and tradional hangi
- Entry to Rotorua Agrodome
- Entry to Polynesian Springs
- gold rally pass and guided tour
- watch the Mystery Creek Superspecial stage on Friday night from a marquee with a 4 course dinner and drinks
- rally maps and satchel
- Genuine Ralliart 3-in-1 Jacket for first 40 to book
- Scott Pedder Team Merchandise
- all transport through the tour

Obviously Scott and I think it is good value or we wouldn't be involved with it.

Livewireshock
30th May 2007, 13:18
Good luck Glen & for Scott as well.

Will already be there for the Rally. Good to know there is more people to wave the flag about.

Summer
31st May 2007, 04:18
Thanks for posting Glen and good luck with your efforts in NZ! The Sportsnet trip sounds awesome :D , especially the ride in the car with Scott and the Americas cup boats! I've got a few rally nut mates that are missing the WRC in Perth this year that would be candidates for this trip. I noticed the flights are only from Melb, Syd and Brisbane - what about other cities?

SUM

GlenW
31st May 2007, 06:25
I've got a few rally nut mates that are missing the WRC in Perth this year that would be candidates for this trip. I noticed the flights are only from Melb, Syd and Brisbane - what about other cities?

I spoke to the Sportnet people and this is the reply I got back.

The flights we are holding are group flights from Melbourne and Sydney with Emirates Airlines. These exact flights will meet up with the allotted transfers from Auckland Airport upon arrival. We do suggest that all clients that are not from Melbourne & Sydney contact our office and we can provide suitable options and quotes to marry up these flights.

Of course, the extra flights do not have to be bought through Sportsnet Holidays but having said this, our prices are just as competitive (if not better) as the biggest retail travel agent chains in Australia and apart from this, it is definitely in everyone's best interest that we look after bookings from start to finish to avoid any complications.

If you need to know more then give them a call on +61 3 9482 9411

aussiefan
31st May 2007, 10:32
Hi Glen,

It's Carolyn here, not Peter! Sorry if you thought I was trying to hijack the posting about yourself and Scott entering Rally NZ, maybe I should have started another thread.

Anyway, congrats for securing a ride - it will be great for us to have some more Aussies to support over there.

All the best for your tour and in the Rally - we'll be waving the Aussie flag for you.

Regards,
Carolyn.

GlenW
31st May 2007, 23:14
Hi Carolyn,

Not a problem at all

Glen

Mickey T
1st June 2007, 11:44
go get 'em, root rat

keep him a bit calm for the first couple of days and you should sort out most of those ethnics by sunday arvo!

doubt i'll get there. doesn't seem to be connections to italy on your package, but good on you for getting it organised.

cheers

MT

GlenW
4th June 2007, 13:19
go get 'em, root rat

keep him a bit calm for the first couple of days and you should sort out most of those ethnics by sunday arvo!

doubt i'll get there. doesn't seem to be connections to italy on your package, but good on you for getting it organised.

cheers

MT

You have such a wonderful way with the english language.....no wonder you're a journo!