PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Colours?

306 Cosworth
26th May 2007, 10:41
Does anyone know if Sony have released the Silver and White ones that we saw last yea from promo pics of the PS3 or have the just decided to sell them black? Would really really like a white one! Anyone know if there are any plans to release the Silver and White ones?

306 Cosworth
27th May 2007, 21:36
No one knows anything?

Daniel
28th May 2007, 01:40
You can get one for US$3000

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/ps3-greymarket-watch-3000-for-a-white-ps3-224145.php

Or you could do the sane thing and put that money towards a good PC and not pay exorbitant prices for your games......

306 Cosworth
8th June 2007, 23:53
Well i'm not planning on spendiong $3000 on one!
Still will probably get one at the end of the summer and make do with a black one!

Zico
10th June 2007, 00:40
You can get one for US$3000

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/ps3-greymarket-watch-3000-for-a-white-ps3-224145.php

Or you could do the sane thing and put that money towards a good PC and not pay exorbitant prices for your games......

He sprayed it white.. and wants $3000 ?!?!!!

pino
10th June 2007, 08:03
Mine is black and I love it :D

306 Cosworth
14th June 2007, 10:52
He sprayed it white.. and wants $3000 ?!?!!!

Gotta admit it does look good :p :

Daniel
14th June 2007, 11:05
Except for the fact that it's stupidly expensive and no better than the 360 :)

ArrowsFA1
14th June 2007, 16:41
I guess it looks a little more like a 360 after the paint job :D

306 Cosworth
14th June 2007, 21:56

Everyone has their own favourites though Daniel.

Will L
28th June 2007, 19:37
I'd love a silver or white one. But they all look good. :)

555-04Q2
2nd August 2007, 12:44

I have to disagree Dan. I own both and the PS3 is a lot better than the 360 in almost every department except maybe graphics (PS3 game developers will catch up soon though). But for outright fun, my PS2 is still the best console ever made/available today.

jslone
4th August 2007, 06:59
Until the price comes down a couple of hundred,I wont get a PS3.

Daniel
6th August 2007, 21:06
I have to disagree Dan. I own both and the PS3 is a lot better than the 360 in almost every department except maybe graphics (PS3 game developers will catch up soon though). But for outright fun, my PS2 is still the best console ever made/available today.
How is the PS3 better if the graphics are worse?

555-04Q2
10th August 2007, 13:05
How is the PS3 better if the graphics are worse?

Well for one, my PS3 has not overheated yet, but my 360 has!!! I have since found out from the local agent that up to 30% of 360's have an overheating problem and that they are aware of it. Luckily, the agents have agreed to repair it under warranty and upgrade the cooling system. I have since read in our local gaming mag, NAG, August 2007 issue, that this is a manufacturing problem and is reportedely costing Microsoft US $ 1 billion to fix!!!

Secondly, graphics does not a great console/game make. Look at the Wii. Great games with great gameplay are the most important factors. For example, I love the GTA series but the graphics are pathetic to be honest. The graphics will, however, match and surpass the 360 as soon as PS3 game developers are as accustomed to the new unit the way that 360 game developers are after 2 years with the 360 console.

But as I said before, dollar for dollar and fun for your buck, my PS2 still kicks both of their butts ;)

Daniel
15th August 2007, 20:14
Well for one, my PS3 has not overheated yet, but my 360 has!!! I have since found out from the local agent that up to 30% of 360's have an overheating problem and that they are aware of it. Luckily, the agents have agreed to repair it under warranty and upgrade the cooling system. I have since read in our local gaming mag, NAG, August 2007 issue, that this is a manufacturing problem and is reportedely costing Microsoft US $ 1 billion to fix!!!

Secondly, graphics does not a great console/game make. Look at the Wii. Great games with great gameplay are the most important factors. For example, I love the GTA series but the graphics are pathetic to be honest. The graphics will, however, match and surpass the 360 as soon as PS3 game developers are as accustomed to the new unit the way that 360 game developers are after 2 years with the 360 console.

But as I said before, dollar for dollar and fun for your buck, my PS2 still kicks both of their butts ;)

I agree the 360 has had overheating problems which have now been rectified with a new revision of the 360.

But...... the 360 plays a lot of games at twice the FPS and that's important.....

http://www.dailytech.com/EA+Sports+Speaks+on+Xbox+360+Advantage+Over+PS3+in +Madden+NFL+08/article8455.htm

555-04Q2
16th August 2007, 13:29
I agree the 360 has had overheating problems which have now been rectified with a new revision of the 360.

But...... the 360 plays a lot of games at twice the FPS and that's important.....

http://www.dailytech.com/EA+Sports+Speaks+on+Xbox+360+Advantage+Over+PS3+in +Madden+NFL+08/article8455.htm

"In the case of the next-generation consoles, many publishers have been developing titles for the Xbox 360 for over 3 1/2 years while everyone who publishes now for the PlayStation 3 with the exception of Sony has been developing for the PlayStation 3 for only a little over one full year. The differences in the overall knowledge of the hardware is vastly different for both consoles and, as is the case with newer technology, it is very difficult to get it right the first time.”

The response from EA Sports notes that 30 frames per second is the standard for all PS3 football games this year, not just Madden, but also NCAA Football, and 2K Sports' offerings as well."

As they say above from the link you posted and from what I said in post # 15, give game developers a bit more time with the new PS3 and it will surpass the 360. The 360 games have gotten better and better as developers use the system more and learn to use it to its full potential and so will the PS3 games as time goes by ;)

Daniel
16th August 2007, 13:58
"In the case of the next-generation consoles, many publishers have been developing titles for the Xbox 360 for over 3 1/2 years while everyone who publishes now for the PlayStation 3 with the exception of Sony has been developing for the PlayStation 3 for only a little over one full year. The differences in the overall knowledge of the hardware is vastly different for both consoles and, as is the case with newer technology, it is very difficult to get it right the first time.”

The response from EA Sports notes that 30 frames per second is the standard for all PS3 football games this year, not just Madden, but also NCAA Football, and 2K Sports' offerings as well."

As they say above from the link you posted and from what I said in post # 15, give game developers a bit more time with the new PS3 and it will surpass the 360. The 360 games have gotten better and better as developers use the system more and learn to use it to its full potential and so will the PS3 games as time goes by ;)
So you've bought a frog now in the hope that it'll turn into a prince? :) Good luck ;)

555-04Q2
16th August 2007, 17:13
So you've bought a frog now in the hope that it'll turn into a prince? :) Good luck ;)

Something like that :p :