PDA

View Full Version : BTCC better value than DTM

nightwish
24th May 2007, 23:06
Was thinking of going to the DTM at Brands Hatch but at £30 entry compared with £27 for the BTCC i was wondering whether it is worth it.After all you get 3 action packed BTCC races plus a great support programme compared with 1 what amounts to an endurance race with the DTM.BTCC support progamme is better non stop action throughout the day.What i like about the BTCC is that a certain amount of physical contact is permitted unlike the DTM or the WTCC.I like motor racing not motor procession.Formula 1 gives motor racing a bad name all hype no action.BTCC for me over everthing

BTCC2
24th May 2007, 23:49
BTCC is better value and in my opinin a better series, but the DTM is a great championship and £30 isn't that bad to see some great drivers on show.

wedge
25th May 2007, 00:35
Horses for courses...

DTM has better quality drivers and depth in talent, better cars, V8s (OK, they can't match the Aussies or Yanks in the sound department), BTCC races are over 20mins each whereas DTM are nearly 70mins.

My only gripes are DTM cars aren't everyone's idea of a TC. They're too fragile and are arguably glorified sportscars/prototypes.

Given the choice I'd favour DTM.

El Sween
25th May 2007, 01:05
If you have not been to the DTM you should go for sure

Brooklands78
25th May 2007, 06:27
If you have not been to the DTM you should go for sure

I went to Brands last year for DTM - it's certainly different to BTCC, but well worth the experience. I'll be back for more this year!

thompp
25th May 2007, 09:04
For a series like DTM which makes an annual one-off appearance in UK I think £30 is good value for money. Its something different, and the sidecars and formula palmer audi are great support series. I have had my tickets booked a long time now.

Gobber
25th May 2007, 09:20
Totally agree - we're off to the DTM this year for the first time.
I think it's the type of event you need to go to at least once. Sure it's not the BTCC but then you don't go to a Kaiser Chiefs concert expecting them to play Beethoven even though they're both music. I'm sure it will be quite a spectacle and we're really looking forward to it. It's £25 for the Sunday on the internet until 5th June. Has to be a great price for one of the top series in the World.

Liz Bolton
25th May 2007, 09:53
Went to the DTM last year and it was a brilliant day, well worth the money. and as someone else has said by on-line it is cheaper.

Will be going again this year tickets already booked.

AlexD
25th May 2007, 13:43
It's hardly a big price difference but you do get to see some big names, amazing looking cars (although i much prefer the early 2000s versions) and great racing. It might not technically be non contact but watch out for Abt! Theres a lot of overtaking although I'm not a big fan of races being won on the skill of a pit crew, rather than the driver.

MattSmith
25th May 2007, 17:12
I really enjoyed the DTM last year. It's a bit more of an endurance race than the short sharp races of most touring cars so it's probably not for everyone. If you've never been you should go once.

I just hope they don't have another dodgy tribute band inbetween the races like last year.

Captain VXR
26th May 2007, 08:45
Was thinking of going to the DTM at Brands Hatch but at £30 entry compared with £27 for the BTCC i was wondering whether it is worth it.After all you get 3 action packed BTCC races plus a great support programme compared with 1 what amounts to an endurance race with the DTM.BTCC support progamme is better non stop action throughout the day.What i like about the BTCC is that a certain amount of physical contact is permitted unlike the DTM or the WTCC.I like motor racing not motor procession.Formula 1 gives motor racing a bad name all hype no action.BTCC for me over everthing

The dircuits charge what people will pay for tickets and £3 difference is not much :)

taffy
26th May 2007, 09:03
BTCC would be my choice, went to the first 3 meetings. Alwaways wanted to see the DTM, missed it last year but am going this year, £3 more for a ticket is nothing...

wedge
26th May 2007, 15:08
Still a lot of money to pay if you don't live close to the M25, bills to pay, fuel prices going up and what not....