PDA

View Full Version : Season pass holders parade lap bought forward

JDPower
24th May 2007, 16:38
For anyone who hasn't received the letter the parade lap for season pass holders has been bought forward to June due to the busy lunch interval in July - PuT parade for 10th birthday, Honda Goldwings, PT Cruisers and Craig Jones.

By moving to June we hope to be able to give more track... ...Our aim is to allow three laps but stress this cannot be guaranteed as we are always reliant on how smooth the timetable has run in the morning
Final details to come a week or so before the meeting.

There will also be a prize draw amongst SP holders for the winner to announce GSYE prior to first PuT or SCSA race at July meeting.

LessThanSte
24th May 2007, 23:51
But we have to go up infront of the clerk of the course, which means if anyone gets abit hairy and tries to be a hero on track, they'll be off the track quicker than you can say 'get lost'. Mind you, would Rockingham ban anyone from the track, given they need as many people as possible?

JDPower
25th May 2007, 03:44
But we have to go up infront of the clerk of the course, which means if anyone gets abit hairy and tries to be a hero on track, they'll be off the track quicker than you can say 'get lost'.
Well as my car got pinched I'll be borrowing my GFs Daewoo so probably couldn't go too fast even if I wanted to :D

LessThanSte
25th May 2007, 12:37
I thought my clio was going to be the worst car out there. That is a relief!

car20
25th May 2007, 13:46
nope think my bird stained 97 fiesta will get worst car on track :D

will have to wash it in the car park before :o

darknessrock
25th May 2007, 19:50
I'm hoping NOT to be in my 1990 Discovery.. The body roll on the thing is so bad I'd end up over the wall!

racing59
25th May 2007, 20:04
Ahh yes, the Disco. The off road ability of the Range Rover, and the ride of a Land Rover. Both rubbish.

I could hire you our V8 SWB 90 canvas-top pickup (it's not quite original, but looks like a bog standard 2.25L petrol, complete with agricultural dirt), as long as you promise not to overtake the pace car.

LessThanSte
25th May 2007, 20:16
Can i borrow it instead?

Infact, anyone willing to lend me a supercar of sorts, so as not to embarass myself?

deadsquirrel
25th May 2007, 20:39
Ahh yes, the Disco. The off road ability of the Range Rover, and the ride of a Land Rover. Both rubbish.

Oops, that's you in the doghouse with PapaJuliet :(

racing59
25th May 2007, 21:17
I stand by my comment. One of my brother's has one, he loves it. I hate it.
Our 1985 90 V8 (they didn't make them - me and my bruvvers did!) is fairly well sorted. We replaced the saggy factory dampers with uprated Gabriel units, the body roll is non-existant, and the ride is a little harsh, but not bad. Perhaps the lack of foam in the seat squabs due to wear & tear. On the rollers it had 154bhp at the wheels at 3400, and was still rising, but we were only trying to get the timing right, not looking for how much power it produced. It's got "enough". And it'll do 25mpg on a run thanks to SU's not those dreadful Strombergs they fit on Wange Wovers, or factory RandyLover V8's.

LessThanSte, Is it a supercar? Nah. But it frightens reps in their 1.8LX Mondeo's!!

However, I don't think the Safety Team would let it on track with the industry standard pair of black labs navigating via the back of the "dog kennel"

71minus2
26th May 2007, 00:38
i think my 1.4 fiesta zetec is safe, especially now the tyres have some tread and the tracking isn't totally fooked.

Do you think that charging £50 for back window advertising will be frowned upon?

Speedworx
27th May 2007, 11:36
Just got a new tyre on the left front of my car and the tracking done. Just need to get my Fiesta washed.

71minus2
28th May 2007, 21:41
i washed mine of Saturday then it rained and now a birds sh1t on it.

darknessrock
28th May 2007, 22:18
Can i borrow it instead?

Infact, anyone willing to lend me a supercar of sorts, so as not to embarass myself?

try here...
http://www.signaturecarhire.com/cardetail.aspx?carid=18
£3,000.00 for the weekend, PLUS the £6,000.00 deposit... Well worth it for a couple of laps behind the pace car!! :) :) :)

just_smile99
28th May 2007, 22:24
i washed mine of Saturday then it rained and now a birds sh1t on it.

ill clean it!!!

X

LessThanSte
29th May 2007, 00:37
I was thinking of popping down the local Aston Martin showroom and trying to blag a weekend test drive, tell them ive just won the lottery or something...

inamo
29th May 2007, 10:03
Racing59 - I'm curious, have you driven a new Discovery? It might surprise you.

PapaJuliet
1st June 2007, 00:32
Oops, that's you in the doghouse with PapaJuliet :(

I've been off-line for a while with a computer problem so I will disdainfully ignore your comments, Mr. 59 :p :

I refuse to be drawn into speculation about what other parts of your body should be waxed as punishment for your scandelous remarks :eek: :laugh:

However, inamo has taste. :cool:

Tiesse
1st June 2007, 06:36

You're right, the surprise starts with the price of them!

I was looking at one as a company car & didn't believe that they are any longer the value for money 4WD option they once were.

I went the other end of the scale & went for a Mazda 6 (a nice car for the money).

Dave17
1st June 2007, 17:55
Discovery-£400 road tax Kerching!!

71minus2
1st June 2007, 23:03
ill clean it!!!

X

Taking into consideration 1, your brother knows where i work and 2, my Mrs being a dab hand at Judo...........when can you start.

Richard.

LessThanSte
4th June 2007, 00:48
So whos up for a game of Ultimate Test Drive?

R3ROK
4th June 2007, 13:47
Well, I have the choice of taking the wife's 54 plate 1.25 Fiesta of 'my' 2003 2.5 V6 Mondeo.....decision's decision's ;)
If anyone on the Forum is not taking part in the parade lap and has a camera handy would you be so kind as to snap a picture of us from the stands! I will have my camcorder with me so if anyone wants to follow behind me I'll get my lad to video you....cool!!

John

Oyster Silver metalic with R3 ROK on the plate...and the usual bird sh1t and dead flies...

Tiesse
4th June 2007, 13:58
Well, I have the choice of taking the wife's 54 plate 1.25 Fiesta of 'my' 2003 2.5 V6 Mondeo.....decision's decision's ;)
If anyone on the Forum is not taking part in the parade lap and has a camera handy would you be so kind as to snap a picture of us from the stands! I will have my camcorder with me so if anyone wants to follow behind me I'll get my lad to video you....cool!!

John

Oyster Silver metalic with R3 ROK on the plate...and the usual bird sh1t and dead flies...

I shall be driving my wife's Fiesta ST (white with blue stripes over the top & sides) & I am hoping that a friend of mine who is into photography (as I am) is coming. If he does, I'll ask him to take some pics.

R3ROK
4th June 2007, 14:08
I shall be driving my wife's Fiesta ST (white with blue stripes over the top & sides) & I am hoping that a friend of mine who is into photography (as I am) is coming. If he does, I'll ask him to take some pics.

Cool, thanks for that Tiesse....Fiesta ST...mmmm nice!

Tiesse
4th June 2007, 19:21

I've got to bring my wife's car. I think if I took my company car on the track & something happened, the only thing I could bring away with me would be my P45!

PS I know exaclty what colour Oyster Silver is, my two previous company cars have been Mondeos in that colour.

R3ROK
4th June 2007, 19:56
I've got to bring my wife's car. I think if I took my company car on the track & something happened, the only thing I could bring away with me would be my P45!

PS I know exaclty what colour Oyster Silver is, my two previous company cars have been Mondeos in that colour.

A bit better colour than the silver IMO. I take it yours were TDCi's if they were company vehicles?

Tiesse
4th June 2007, 21:42
A bit better colour than the silver IMO. I take it yours were TDCi's if they were company vehicles?

They certainly were & the Oyster Silver was my preffered choice of colour. I really liked the Mondeo, however I now have a Mazda 6 as if I had gone for another Mondeo, it would have been my fourth one & I fancied a change - I like the Mazda but it is nowhere near as big in the boot as the Mondeo. Shame my car wasn't due to go back now as I think I would have gone for the new Mondeo (not seen a bad review yet!).

racing59
4th June 2007, 22:12

Rides like a LandRover, Handles like a Range Rover, Goes almost as well as our 1985 90 SWB V8, which is an improvement over the old version. The petrol drinks more fuel (even though they claim it doesn't!).

Off road, better than a BMW X5, but when you consider how bad they are away from the streets of Chelsea, it's not difficult.

It's comfortable to sit in (ish).

Has lots of Range Rover-esque toys.

It's build quality (under the skin, which people don't see) is as bad as anything else that comes from Solihull. Self tappers and spire nuts! For that money! What!

I've had a few apart in my day job. I hate the ruddy things. I still have scars!!

Moving on....

Oyster Silver Mondeo's?? I had an Oyster Gold Fiesta as my first car. A 1300Ghia, on an S-plate, complete with Dagenham rust of dramatic proportions!

R3ROK
5th June 2007, 09:44
Moving on....

Oyster Silver Mondeo's?? I had an Oyster Gold Fiesta as my first car. A 1300Ghia, on an S-plate, complete with Dagenham rust of dramatic proportions!

Yes, Oyster SILVER! I suppose it does look a bit gold if you park it against a silver one...if you squint! S reg Fiesta...mmmm...I had an S reg MK4 Cortina back in the late 80's....that had more P38 and newspaper than I care to mention :) It was white above the door trims and radiant red below, it even had red and white wheel trims and red 'go faster stripes' ;) I can even remember the reg - XKO 974S. I managed to blag a MK5 interior for it from one of my mates who crashed his Crusader....oh, and it actually had a 2.0ltr pinto with a nice ported head and big valves...but was down on the log book as a 1.6ltr....oops!

The White Lady
8th June 2007, 19:35
...and the usual bird sh1t

Now I'm curious.
Is it a) on the front cos you go round scaring chickens :tweetie:
b) on the roof cos you park under trees :uhoh:
c) inside cos you keep parrots in it and they're scared of your
driving :s hock:
d) on the back cos the chickens keep chasing you off? :roll:

We're looking forward to taking our old 4ltr XJ6 around the rock :bounce:
- guess there won't be much chance of dropping it into Sport mode though...
Might treat it to a wash and polish beforehand .

R3ROK
11th June 2007, 08:56
...and the usual bird sh1t

Now I'm curious.
Is it a) on the front cos you go round scaring chickens
b) on the roof cos you park under trees
c) inside cos you keep parrots in it and they're scared of your
driving
d) on the back cos the chickens keep chasing you off?

a) Pigeons - Front and back. After you hit one at the front, reverse to make sure it's dead ;)
b) Yes, on the roof as the nice people from BT put the line across from the pole to the house directly above the motor and the birds use it as target practice (usually just after i've washed it)
c) My cockateil died last year, he was 20, so no chance of it being him
d) See (a)

I will keep an eye out for the Jag....and don't forget to fill it up before you start ;)

Tiesse
24th June 2007, 20:28
#
R3ROK

PM me & I'll sort out the pics for you. As you know, I was driving my wife's car. My friend didn't come today, however my wife was on the garage roof using my camera for the first time ever! I set the settings for her & gave her a crash course before dashing over for the parade lap.

I have tarted the pic up in Photoshop, but on the whole, she did a good job!

Here's one to start with.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/Tiesse68/R3ROK5x7number2.jpg

LessThanSte
24th June 2007, 20:41
Does she happen to have any of my clio?

I contemplated 4 wide at one point :|

Abo
24th June 2007, 21:08
Sky van: priceless

Tiesse
25th June 2007, 06:06
Does she happen to have any of my clio?

I contemplated 4 wide at one point :|

Sorry, as R3ROK mentioned it previously, she only took pictures of me (white Fiesta ST) & R3ROK.

Not that it's any consolation, but if I was taking the pics, I would have taken at least one of all cars! So it's my wife's fault & I'll tell her that you told me so lol!

R3ROK
25th June 2007, 06:29
[quote="Tiesse"]#
R3ROK

PM me & I'll sort out the pics for you. As you know, I was driving my wife's car. My friend didn't come today, however my wife was on the garage roof using my camera for the first time ever! I set the settings for her & gave her a crash course before dashing over for the parade lap.

I have tarted the pic up in Photoshop, but on the whole, she did a good job!

QUOTE]

Tiesse, what a brilliant picture! Even got the full 'ROCKINGHAM' on the wall behind. Thank the good lady from me mate. As you may have seen my lad had the camcorder so when I get chance, assuming he did it right I see what footage he managed to get and I'll send you it....minus the audio of 'gosh this is cool'...or words to that effect :) I should at least be able to get some stills from it....I'll PM you later.

R3ROK
25th June 2007, 08:14
Just a quick post to thank Dominic at BRSCC and the Rockingham Team for organising the Parade Laps for the Season Pass Holders. I think I speak for all of us who went out a did a few laps that is was an absolute blast ;) Well done to everyone for keeping it together, I think we did ourselves proud. Maybe we might get asked again....please....please :)

Speedworx
25th June 2007, 08:20
Just a quick post to thank Dominic at BRSCC and the Rockingham Team for organising the Parade Laps for the Season Pass Holders. I think I speak for all of us who went out a did a few laps that is was an absolute blast ;) Well done to everyone for keeping it together, I think we did ourselves proud. Maybe we might get asked again....please....please :)

+1

LessThanSte
26th June 2007, 18:55
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1240/632054105_b85962f531.jpg?v=0

racing59
26th June 2007, 19:42
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1240/632054105_b85962f531.jpg?v=0

With his bluetooth earhole on, no doubt getting some jobs booked between turn's 2 & 4.

Absolutely dynamite!