PDA

View Full Version : Spyker pawns its brand name for loan

ArrowsFA1
24th May 2007, 10:05
Now when I first glanced at this headline in Autosport I did wonder what connection there was between ioan and Spyker, and that it was very generous of the team to help him out :eek: :p :

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/59079

But it seems a little more serious than that :dozey:

ioan
24th May 2007, 11:24
They tried to punch to high with their F1 involvement, when they didn't even have a good economical stability for their road cars company. /:

You're in good mood Arrows! :)

seppefan
24th May 2007, 11:27
Looks to me as if young Todt and his Arab backers will buy the team.

seppefan
24th May 2007, 11:42
bi bi Albers ( no loss ) hello Bourdais teamed with Sutil. Now that would be exciting although Bourdais will be screwed if he does not have a get out clause as the team will only be moving forward after a number of years ( and without the Ferrari engine ) when Seb will be wearing much thicker glasses and he does not have the time for that.

Dave B
24th May 2007, 12:42
What next? Their F1 cars in the window of Cash Converters? :eek:

Valve Bounce
24th May 2007, 13:31
Apart from anything else, they now don't have a car to compete against as everybody (near the back of the grid) have moved up one notch in competitiveness. They even make Torro Rosso look good.

trumperZ06
24th May 2007, 15:44
:dozey: Hhmmm... not surprising. Preminium Exotic Car manufacturing is an extremely competitive market.

Owning & running a Formula 1 team without deep pockets often leads to bankruptcy.

Spyker isn't the first company that attempted to build brand recognition by entering Formula 1... nor the first to fail.

I hope they can recover...