PDA

View Full Version : Will any of the Indy only entries stay on for Milwaukee?

Alfa Fan
23rd May 2007, 20:09
Will any of the drivers/teams that have entered for Indy, but aren't doing the full series stay on for the round at Milwaukee?

Ryan Briscoe, Davey Hamilton, Alex Barron maybe?

CCFanatic
24th May 2007, 00:14
I do not see Briscoe. I do not see Penske spending money on a third car at Milwaukee.

RGM Fan
24th May 2007, 02:07
I think the only one who said they might show up is Mika. The field is probably going to be back to 22 cars. I can't see Hamilton, Barron or Briscoe show up unless they somehow manage to win the race

Alexamateo
24th May 2007, 03:02
Herb has supposedly picked up a sponsor for the rest of the season "Dad's Root Beer", and at the beginning of the season, planned to run ovals so he may show. Beck and Barron have run Kansas and Homestead, but it may have only been to pick up benefits for the 500, so we shall see.

Mark in Oshawa
27th May 2007, 20:16
Herb just wrecked at Indy as I read this...and he is paying his own bills so I kind of doubt it now...

huxleypiguk
27th May 2007, 20:27
Milka has now wrecked as well

Mihai
27th May 2007, 20:30
Milka crashed heavily, I hope she's OK.

RGM Fan
30th May 2007, 23:32
Entry list is out. I count 18 cars.

http://www.indycar.com/news/2007/milwaukee/2007_milwaukee_entrylist.pdf

weeflyonthewall
31st May 2007, 02:14
Milwaukee will be a joke, even if they have the week after Indy date.

mark123
31st May 2007, 06:15
I understand that Milwaukee has lots of history, but from this side of the world I think that it is a terrible race track, and the races (champcar and IRL) are boring. there is only one racing line and no passing. the person who starts on pole will have a real advantage and baring disaster should run away with it. as much as it pains me to say it, i think that TK will win this weekend. Gannasi cars are terrible at this track.

keysersoze
31st May 2007, 15:37
AGR and Ganassi tested at Milwaukee but I heard AGR didn't make it. Dixon and Chris Festa, Chips' IPS driver, tested.

IMO Milwaukee is a fantastic track that has produced some memorable moments. It's a real challenge for the drivers, as they are constantly in traffic, and great for the fans since they can see all the action, plus pit stops. I mean, I love my seats in the NE Vista at Indy, but I missed the '06 finish, as well as all the pomp and circumstance of pit row before the race. To be able to see it all would be awesome.

mark123
31st May 2007, 23:25
i agree that the view from the stands would be great. I hope Ganassi had a good test because thet suck on this track. AGR tested prior to this race last year and ended up finding a heap of speed so fingers crossed.

Keysersoze - i may have to post an apology for my comments on Monday if we have a good race. we'll talk again on Monday.

RGM Fan
2nd June 2007, 05:42
18 cars and at least four are subsidized by TG, darn shame.

keysersoze
2nd June 2007, 05:50
18 cars and at least four are subsidized by TG, darn shame.

is there and echo in here? is there and echo in here? is there and echo in here? is there and echo in here? :rolleyes: