PDA

View Full Version : Rob's Leg Waxing sponsorship

shuz7
23rd May 2007, 11:45
Hello everyone

Rob is now booked to have his legs waxed after the second race on Sunday 24th June.

All the money raised goes to the new Air Ambulance appeals for Bedfordshire (East Anglian Air Ambulance), and Hertfordshire (Essex and Herts Air Ambulance Trust)

Would it be possible for you sponsor him?

You never know you may need the Air Ambulance.

Thanks very much in advance for all the support.

Suzanne

hicksy
23rd May 2007, 12:31
:) I think I would rather jump out of a plane that have my legs waxed. Rob you are a brave man indeed.

deadsquirrel
23rd May 2007, 12:47
£10 :)

shuz7
23rd May 2007, 12:47
:) I think I would rather jump out of a plane that have my legs waxed. Rob you are a brave man indeed.

As you think he's brave, is there any chance of sponsoring him????

shuz7
23rd May 2007, 12:50
£10 :)

Thank you very much.......

hicksy
23rd May 2007, 12:50
As you think he's brave, is there any chance of sponsoring him????

Of Course! I will come see you on the day and try and capture it on film. :)

Rob

shuz7
23rd May 2007, 12:53
Of Course! I will come see you on the day and try and capture it on film. :)

Rob

Shall I put your name down on my sponsoring form?

PitMarshal
23rd May 2007, 13:01
I think there's a clever link here - he'll probably need the air ambulance afterwards!

I'll add £10 to the fund as well.

shuz7
23rd May 2007, 13:06
I think there's a clever link here - he'll probably need the air ambulance afterwards!

I'll add £10 to the fund as well.

Thank you very much

deadsquirrel
23rd May 2007, 13:20
Thank you very much.......

That's a total, not per leg ;)

Now, if we could use the towing strop off Safety 1 to remove the wax thingy's at speed, ...... :)

Could we also maybe add a 'bonus' waxing - say 1 eyebrow too?

shuz7
23rd May 2007, 13:25
That's a total, not per leg ;)

Now, if we could use the towing strop off Safety 1 to remove the wax thingy's at speed, ...... :)

Could we also maybe add a 'bonus' waxing - say 1 eyebrow too?

I think that would be pushing it, but if you are around at the time, perhaps you could ask him

Filray
23rd May 2007, 14:33
Rob

YOUR JUST PLAIN MAD

£15.00

Can my wife feel your legs afterwards to make sure you're completely devoid of hair?
(Extra £5.00)

shuz7
23rd May 2007, 14:46
Rob

YOUR JUST PLAIN MAD

£15.00

Can my wife feel your legs afterwards to make sure you're completely devoid of hair?
(Extra £5.00)

Thanks very much for the £15. For the extra £5 i'll make sure your wife can feel his legs........ Shall I therefore put you down for £20 now??

corbygal
23rd May 2007, 15:01
Where will they be doing the leg waxing? Gotta get this on film! lol.

I'll sponsor you, not sure how much yet, depends how much student loan I got left! lol.

shuz7
23rd May 2007, 15:04
Where will they be doing the leg waxing? Gotta get this on film! lol.

I'll sponsor you, not sure how much yet, depends how much student loan I got left! lol.

He will be doing it in the garage (tent)

Most people are sponsoring him either £5 or £10, some people more, its up to you, every penny helps.

racing59
23rd May 2007, 15:06
The plan is to do it in the pit garage/V8 Village after race 2. There should be enough adrenalin in my system so I don't feel a thing!!!!!!!

Thanks to all that have pledged their support so far.

If only companies would be as fast to back the team, we'd be running ten cars!

Rob.

Jordygirl
23rd May 2007, 15:50
Put me down for £10. I'll also bring an extra supply of Jellybabies to ease the pain ;)

LessThanSte
23rd May 2007, 16:03
Why not do it on pit road, get it broadcast over the PA, get the non-forum users in on it and they can sponsor aswell!

JDPower
23rd May 2007, 16:49
Why not do it on pit road, get it broadcast over the PA, get the non-forum users in on it and they can sponsor aswell!
Good idea, at least make sure the commentators are aware so it gets a mention.

shuz7
23rd May 2007, 17:18
Put me down for £10. I'll also bring an extra supply of Jellybabies to ease the pain ;)

Thanks very much

shuz7
23rd May 2007, 17:21
Good idea, at least make sure the commentators are aware so it gets a mention.

Thats an excellent idea. Does anyone know if the commentator gets involved with this forum or any other forum?

JDPower
23rd May 2007, 17:30
Thats an excellent idea. Does anyone know if the commentator gets involved with this forum or any other forum?
are-jay-enn (http://ascar.motorsportforum.com/forums/member.php?u=84688) ;) (Richard Neil AFAIK)

Abo
23rd May 2007, 17:30
I'll lob in a tenner you bunch of bloody jessies! You should wax his beard...

shuz7
23rd May 2007, 17:49
are-jay-enn (http://ascar.motorsportforum.com/forums/member.php?u=84688) ;) (Richard Neil AFAIK)

Thanks very much for that, i'll contact him later

shuz7
23rd May 2007, 17:50
I'll lob in a tenner you bunch of bloody jessies! You should wax his beard...

Thanks very much for the tenner

just_smile99
23rd May 2007, 18:29
It would be great to do it on pit road/lane/whatever its called but i need an electrical supply for the wax pot to work!!!

If its ok with Rob and his wife then how about paying an extra £5 and pulling off a wax strip yourselves??? I'll put it all on and htne you pull off an individual strip, i'll be there obviously so you cant go wrong!!!

Laura

X

shuz7
23rd May 2007, 18:56
It would be great to do it on pit road/lane/whatever its called but i need an electrical supply for the wax pot to work!!!

If its ok with Rob and his wife then how about paying an extra £5 and pulling off a wax strip yourselves??? I'll put it all on and htne you pull off an individual strip, i'll be there obviously so you cant go wrong!!!

Laura

X

Hi Laura

I am his wife and its fine

PitMarshal
23rd May 2007, 19:05

Laura

X

Aren't there any electrical sockets in the pit garages? If not surely someone might have a generator you can borrow?

LessThanSte
23rd May 2007, 19:05
Surely someone has an extension lead you can borrow Laura

PitMarshal
23rd May 2007, 19:16
Thinking about it, I could be wrong (It wouldn't be the first time), but I think there are electrical sockets along the edge of the 'cold' pit wall so that teams can plug equipment in. Can anyone confirm this?

espionage
23rd May 2007, 19:26
yes there are

Filray
23rd May 2007, 19:34
Thanks very much for the £15. For the extra £5 i'll make sure your wife can feel his legs........ Shall I therefore put you down for £20 now??

You most certainly can, wouldn't miss it for the world!

Shall I bring a gag for Rob?
Will you have the doctor handy?

shuz7
23rd May 2007, 19:56
You most certainly can, wouldn't miss it for the world!

Shall I bring a gag for Rob?
Will you have the doctor handy?

Thanks very much for the extra money.

Al_Green
23rd May 2007, 20:18
£10 from me as well, and I'll double that if Rob gets a podium

Al.

shuz7
23rd May 2007, 20:34
£10 from me as well, and I'll double that if Rob gets a podium

Al.

Thanks very much.

Rob said he'll ask chigley to black flag everyone ahead of him on the last lap.

corbygal
23rd May 2007, 21:34
I didn't know you were doing it Laura. Hehe.

Rob Compton getting his legs waxed by a pit girl.... hilarious!

Al_Green
23rd May 2007, 22:04
Thanks very much.

Rob said he'll ask chigley to black flag everyone ahead of him on the last lap.

No, I drive the black flag for the stock cars... Chigley drives the truck version :)

cgs
23rd May 2007, 22:57
i'll throw in a few quid. you'll have to give a good interview Rob ;)

shuz7
24th May 2007, 08:10
i'll throw in a few quid. you'll have to give a good interview Rob ;)

Thanks very much for offering to throw in a few quid. I've told Rob to give a good interview. Look forward to knowing how much a few quid is.

cgs
24th May 2007, 18:53
i've had a thought. have you told Autosport or another magazine about this? it might make a nice feature and promote the charities of SCSA even more.

shuz7
24th May 2007, 19:03
i've had a thought. have you told Autosport or another magazine about this? it might make a nice feature and promote the charities of SCSA even more.

Rob contacted Autosport and Motorsport News with press releases when he formed "Team Air Ambulance". They were so interested that they printed absolutely nothing. He's sitting next to me here, muttering under his breath, something about "I suppose I should have another go".

Short Circuit magazine have said they'll carry some stuff about Rob's racing, and he will carry their stickers on his car.

Full Throttle magazine are doing a "racer's eye view" of SCSA with Rob's report for a future edition.

Lots to do, and only one calendar month to go.

JDPower
24th May 2007, 19:27
Can't see Autosport featuring a leg waxing. Never mind it being in a series they aren't interested in. Maybe smaller magazines that feature SCSA. Local papers would definitely, I think, send a reporter along - ET always has that sort of charity thing featured.

EDIT: Evening Telegraph contact details: http://www.ketteringtoday.co.uk/contactus.aspx
Email addy listed in paper for 'If you have a story' is [email:11z2tl15]editor.et@northantsnews.co.uk[/email:11z2tl15]

shuz7
24th May 2007, 20:23
Can't see Autosport featuring a leg waxing. Never mind it being in a series they aren't interested in. Maybe smaller magazines that feature SCSA. Local papers would definitely, I think, send a reporter along - ET always has that sort of charity thing featured.

EDIT: Evening Telegraph contact details: http://www.ketteringtoday.co.uk/contactus.aspx
Email addy listed in paper for 'If you have a story' is [email:2tg1thmy]editor.et@northantsnews.co.uk[/email:2tg1thmy]

Thanks for that. I've told Rob and he'll will deal with it

just_smile99
24th May 2007, 21:05
Hi Laura

I am his wife and its fine

Ok people throw in an extra £5er say and you can pull off a wax strip yourself!!!

Yeah there are plugs in the cold pit lane, i will leave it up to Rob and his wife to say where they want it doing!!!

X

shuz7
24th May 2007, 21:07
Ok people throw in an extra £5er say and you can pull off a wax strip yourself!!!

Yeah there are plugs in the cold pit lane, i will leave it up to Rob and his wife to say where they want it doing!!!

X

Laura, you are replying to shuz7 which is ME, Rob's wife

just_smile99
24th May 2007, 21:10
Laura, you are replying to shuz7 which is ME, Rob's wife

I no.....i was just making sure that that was definatly what you meant...that peeps could pay an extra £5 to pull of a wax strip themself

x

racing59
25th May 2007, 06:29
If there's a big queue, then we'll have to auction the strips off then!! Starting bid at a fiver!! ;)

Abo
25th May 2007, 09:15
Or don't stop at the legs! We waxed a guy's chest at work for charity...

shuz7
25th May 2007, 11:30
Or don't stop at the legs! We waxed a guy's chest at work for charity...

Rob has said " below knees" and thats all

Filray
30th May 2007, 00:33
shuz7 - how much have you had pledged so far?

Come on people, it's a very worthy cause, you never know, you may need the services of the Air Ambulance one day!!

norfolk fan
30th May 2007, 07:21
£10 - I'll drop it into the tent on the day.

Good luck Rob

norfolk fan
30th May 2007, 07:21

Good luck Rob

norfolk fan
30th May 2007, 07:22
sorry double post (only 1 tenner though!)

Chigley
31st May 2007, 23:23
Chigley's back, and devious mind is starting to tick. ;)

english4ever
1st June 2007, 17:11
Hey Rob put me down for £10 give it to you on day.

shuz7
3rd June 2007, 19:04

Good luck Rob

Thanks very much for the £10

shuz7
3rd June 2007, 19:05
Hey Rob put me down for £10 give it to you on day.

Thanks very much. This money is all adding up nicely.

shuz7
3rd June 2007, 19:10
shuz7 - how much have you had pledged so far?

Come on people, it's a very worthy cause, you never know, you may need the services of the Air Ambulance one day!!

Total so far from family, friends and everyone on here is £432, surely we can make it over £500.

Thanks very much to everyone who has pledged on this forum. If you have any friends, please ask them to pledge some money to help the Air Ambulance. Thanks x

Filray
3rd June 2007, 21:13
Total so far from family, friends and everyone on here is £432, surely we can make it over £500.

Thanks very much to everyone who has pledged on this forum. If you have any friends, please ask them to pledge some money to help the Air Ambulance. Thanks x

WELL DONE Rob & shuz7

Make sure the commentators at Rockingham know what's going down on the 24th and have a banner made up in the pits!

Come on people - put your hand in your pocket!

Chigley
3rd June 2007, 22:24
I'm not sure that Richard (Are-jay-nee) lurks around this forum anymore. Last years gloom, doom etc.... put him off this place terminally, however I speak to him every race morning and can easily ask him to promote the ritual of ripping Rob's hair out.

As an aside, once the track activity has ceased for the day it should be possible to use the start finish straight so that Rob's screams are more audible to the grandstands and the fiery red of ravished skin more visible. Should the organiser's / participant wish I'll willing contact Dave P or Drew to organise it.

Shuz, I'll donate a tenner a leg as long as the meat is on the rare side.

How about a few more drivers? Gav, Dunc, Dean, Stanty? just think of the weight loss and extra slipstreaming!

:) ;)
Ian

shuz7
3rd June 2007, 22:56
I'm not sure that Richard (Are-jay-nee) lurks around this forum anymore. Last years gloom, doom etc.... put him off this place terminally, however I speak to him every race morning and can easily ask him to promote the ritual of ripping Rob's hair out.

As an aside, once the track activity has ceased for the day it should be possible to use the start finish straight so that Rob's screams are more audible to the grandstands and the fiery red of ravished skin more visible. Should the organiser's / participant wish I'll willing contact Dave P or Drew to organise it.

How about a few more drivers? Gav, Dunc, Dean, Stanty? just think of the weight loss and extra slipstreaming!

Ian

Thanks very much for the money.

racing59
3rd June 2007, 23:08
Right Chiggers me ol' mucka!

You get it organised for the start/finish line, and that'll be alright with me. ;)

As for the other guys... well... more the merrier, more cash for deserving charities.

Now how much are you going to pledge for me to drink some Ribena?

Rob.

Chigley
3rd June 2007, 23:19
How much Ribena can you drink before we get a technie coloured yawn or we have to call up a "Air Ambulance"

just_smile99
4th June 2007, 15:56
Id be happy to wax a load of people but i'll need some more time to heat up the wax coz i'll need to refill it i reckon

Let me no how people im doing and i'll go and get some more along with strips and afterwax lotion

x

shuz7
4th June 2007, 16:41
Id be happy to wax a load of people but i'll need some more time to heat up the wax coz i'll need to refill it i reckon

Let me no how people im doing and i'll go and get some more along with strips and afterwax lotion

x

As far as I know its just Rob. If numbers change i'll let you know......

shuz7
4th June 2007, 18:15
Hi,

If anyone else would like to sponsor Rob, you have about 3 weeks to do so, so please let me know. If you are going to sponsor him on the day, thats fine, i'll bring a form with me for you ALL to fill out.

Thanks to you all for the support so far......

PitMarshal
4th June 2007, 20:07

Ian

Are you sure you know what you're letting yourself in for here Rob? I don't normally wish bad luck on drivers (well, most of them anyway), but if I were you I'd be seriously considering putting the car in the wall on the last lap.

racing59
4th June 2007, 20:53
Eh?

Chigley
4th June 2007, 22:34
Are you sure you know what you're letting yourself in for here Rob? I don't normally wish bad luck on drivers (well, most of them anyway), but if I were you I'd be seriously considering putting the car in the wall on the last lap.

Whether in jest or not that is a most outlandish thing to suggest, especially from a marshal who should know better !

:(

scubie
4th June 2007, 23:22
Whether in jest or not that is a most outlandish thing to suggest, especially from a marshal who should know better !

He wouldn't escape from the waxing, I'm sure the nurses in the med centre would ensure that he would still be available to be waxed ;)

PitMarshal
5th June 2007, 10:13

On reflection maybe it was slightly bad taste, but it was certainly not intended as a serious comment, and I'd be very suprised and disappointed if anyone treated it as such.

shuz7
5th June 2007, 18:05
There has to be some more people out there who haven't yet sponsored Rob for having his legs waxed.

ALL the money raised goes to the Air Ambulance, so come on guys dig deep.....

racing59
22nd June 2007, 19:28
Right then. The moment is soon...

Weather permitting - the act of sadism will be carried out on the Start/Finish line - with Laura's couldren of boiling wax powered by a 1/2mile long extension lead, and Commentators primed for a tear by tear description of proceedings.

There will still be time to swell the coffers, right up to the point of pain!!

Rob.

LessThanSte
23rd June 2007, 19:54
I shall pop along in the morning, with bacon sandwich in tow, to donate :)

See you then!

racing59
26th June 2007, 19:47
Thank you all for your support. Especially those who put their money where my leg hair used to be!!

What I need now are pics of the event. I know that cgs, Corbygal, and others were busy putting it on to electronic media.....

Anyone else got any that they're willing to share. I'm looking for some good ones to send to the Air Ambulance people for their newsletters. And maybe the local papers for a bit of PR for the series.

Rob.

deadsquirrel
26th June 2007, 19:54
Thank you all for your support. Especially those who put their money where my leg hair used to be!!

Rob.
Glad I could contribute to a worthy cause :)

racing59
26th June 2007, 23:44
Thankeee master.

But where's them piccie snappers all gone?

Chigley
26th June 2007, 23:50
But where's them piccie snappers all gone?

They're a sneaky breed Rob, they wait until you're preoccupied or passing the time of day, snatch your soul and imprison it in a black box then refuse to release it until such times as it causes hilarity, embarrassment or humiliation.