PDA

View Full Version : One more C4 ??????????

René
23rd May 2007, 08:13
One 3rd C4 could be aligned on certain races of the season!
Guy Fréquelin announced that by specifying that he knew that Sordo missed experiment and that it would be preferable that Dani can continue his training without having the pressure to mark points!
But for the moment the budget for that is not yet in place.

http://www.racingworld.it/rally/notizia2.php?idtitolo=4174

DonJippo
23rd May 2007, 08:30
I'm sure Timo can find the budget... ;)

teufel
23rd May 2007, 09:30
I think Sordo drove pretty well until now, I can't see any potential "replacement" who has links to Citroen and would do much better and has more experience...

A.F.F.
23rd May 2007, 09:37
I can. Juuso Pykälistö would be an interesting option with huge load of experience of C4.

I'll continue dreaming on....

Roy
23rd May 2007, 09:39
One 3rd C4 could be aligned on certain races of the season!
Guy Fréquelin announced that by specifying that he knew that Sordo missed experiment and that it would be preferable that Dani can continue his training without having the pressure to mark points!
But for the moment the budget for that is not yet in place.

http://www.racingworld.it/rally/notizia2.php?idtitolo=4174

1 Anoher WRCar is fine
2 Who will replace Sordo on loos gravel (Finland and other difficult rallies)?
3 Money will find by a good driver, when you step in a fast car.

Leon
23rd May 2007, 09:51
If a manufacturer who competes for the title cannot find the budget to run an extra car then Stohl and Henning are heroes.

I do not believe his (Fréquelin) statement and it reminds me the past when they said they leave the wrc.

politics......

Corny
23rd May 2007, 10:16
Dani was only 1,5 minutes behind the leader in Sardinia.. If he can keep that up he'll be fine the rest of the season

leopard
23rd May 2007, 10:19
Dani Pedrosa? :D

René
23rd May 2007, 10:46
1 Anoher WRCar is fine
2 Who will replace Sordo on loos gravel (Finland and other difficult rallies)?
3 Money will find by a good driver, when you step in a fast car.

1 I'm agree with you !
2 Juuso Pykälistö or Gardemeister !
3 I don't think money is a big problem for Citroën ! If they really want to stop the Ford armada ! ;)

Wim_Impreza
23rd May 2007, 11:05
I can. Juuso Pykälistö would be an interesting option with huge load of experience of C4.

Pykälistö is not so fast and his WRC results in the past weren't that good. Gardemeister is a much better choice.

kleisj
23rd May 2007, 11:24
GiGi or Duval
Gigi Gigi!!! And Duval as alternative choice. Or both somehow!!!!
Okk i ll change side now and continue dreaming....

Jonte
23rd May 2007, 11:37
Gigi would be great! He has been driving a Xsara this year, so there is some sort of connection. But most of all - WRC need to take care of this popular driver! I think he is great and would love to see him in the C4!

MikeD
23rd May 2007, 11:46
Dani Pedrosa? :D

He will need a phone book to sit on to be able to look out the wind screen :D

grugsticles
23rd May 2007, 11:47
Gigi get my support vote too.

IMO he is the next Colin McRae in terms of spectator and marketing appeal.
Its even better that he is quick :D

noel157
23rd May 2007, 12:04
Meeke (is familiar with C4) or Gardemeister.

jacko
23rd May 2007, 12:56

it's for sure not a better option, yes he knows the car but he's testing this year only once with the car and he's i think 2/3 years not doing any rally, so he miss the right feeling compare Sordo.
Sordo will have it difficult in Finland and could be losing extra points for the manu championship, Citroën calculated that before the start of the season, there's nothing much extra money to spend so if there would be an extra car it could be for Stohl or when it became close to the driver championship i see Kris Meeke for the last 2 rounds with the C4.

jacko
23rd May 2007, 13:04
3 I don't think money is a big problem for Citroën ! If they really want to stop the Ford armada ! ;)

i really believe there is a limit about the money. I think when they had the possibillity they choose Gardemeister as the second driver for sure and put Sordo in the second Kronos car. If you read the press-releases before the season and before the snow events, specially the snow-events they calculated a loss for points and 2 or 3 more rally's in the season, for sure Finland. On tarmac they must win that points back and then it's coming very close. It's gamble with the thought that Sordo will be next big name in rally-world. I think it's the best solution for Citroen.

animrallye
23rd May 2007, 13:06
If a manufacturer who competes for the title cannot find the budget to run an extra car then Stohl and Henning are heroes.

I do not believe his (Fréquelin) statement and it reminds me the past when they said they leave the wrc.

politics......
New PSA Group's president, Christian Streiff, is cutting all cost, so Frequelin not allowed to invest in a third car seems to be logical.
4,800 people may be off of PSA this year !

Peugeot206WRC
23rd May 2007, 13:44
If they going for points I would definitly put Toni in that car, no doubt.
I think he is one of the best drivers available right now.

I dont think Meeke can challenge Garde even if he got experience with the C4.

N.O.T
23rd May 2007, 15:12
On Gravel i don't think there is any driver out there on the free market that can be faster than Gronholm or Hirvonen....On Tarmac Duval would eat Both ford kids for breakffast, lunch and supper.....

Sordo is the ideal driver at the moment.

Tomi
23rd May 2007, 16:17
Took quite a long time until they desided to replace Sordo for the points on gravel, good luck to Garde, i guess Hirvonen and maybe Bosse too will face busy times.

Priorat
23rd May 2007, 17:14
The only one driver left to achieve more points than Sordo at the moment is Gardemeister but only by beating Hirvonen on some gravel rallys.

IMO Citroën thinks that Sordo is doing a good job on bringing points to the team (snow rallies apart) but they are afraid that he could become another Mikko Hirvonen. I mean he is a solid points scorer but this way he can't develope the ultimate speed to beat Grönholm or Loeb, something Latvala can do at the moment.
Citroën wants to be sure that he will be ready when he has to fight for a championship even against Loeb (who knows if the french could receive a big offer from Ford when Marcus retire...)

ZequeArgentina
23rd May 2007, 17:23
I missed something or the article just reflected what Guy would have wanted to do, and notwhat they are planning to effectively do?

If I am not wrong, Sordo would remain as number 2 driver and no third C4

René
23rd May 2007, 17:28
(who knows if the french could receive a big offer from Ford when Marcus retire...)

About this subject I am certain that Loeb will not remain definitively with Citroen Team. Loeb is a racer and he likes challenging. Soon he will want to go to see elsewhere and prove that he can win with another car and I’m not sure the money is his first motivation, certainly important but not only.

noel157
23rd May 2007, 17:35
Anybody know when his contract with Citroen finishes?

noel157
23rd May 2007, 17:37
Took quite a long time until they desided to replace Sordo for the points on gravel, good luck to Garde, i guess Hirvonen and maybe Bosse too will face busy times.

Tommi, am I missing something? As Zeque says surely it was only Frequelin thinking out loud?

kakus
23rd May 2007, 17:40

jonas_mcrae
23rd May 2007, 19:05
if this is true it is Garde for sure, gigi and duval? LOL dont think so mate..

Tomi
23rd May 2007, 19:12
Tommi, am I missing something? As Zeque says surely it was only Frequelin thinking out loud?

noeel, i dont think it was only thinking loud, time will tell, maybe there has been other articles too.

ste898
23rd May 2007, 19:19
Oh great another red door wedge on the stages......

I had to laugh at the statement that 'the budget is'nt there' what a load of Crap!!!!!!!

Priorat
23rd May 2007, 19:30
If I am not wrong, Sordo would remain as number 2 driver and no third C4

Frequelin said that a 3rd driver would be good to remove Sordo from the pressure of having to score manufacturer points.
It sounds like someone else should do the finishes and bring the points while Sordo could go to explore the limits of his ability risking some offs as 3rd driver

A.F.F.
23rd May 2007, 19:44
Frequelin said that a 3rd driver would be good to remove Sordo from the pressure of having to score manufacturer points.
It sounds like someone else should do the finishes and bring the points while Sordo could go to explore the limits of his ability risking some offs as 3rd driver

Which brings us to the original point of third driver rule.

noel157
23rd May 2007, 19:47
Hope it will happen. Maybe Guy Frequelin just wants to make sure of the 2 championships before he retires at the end of this season.

jparker
23rd May 2007, 21:26
The way things are going at the moment, it's almost impossible for Citroen to get the manufacture championship title. So, 3rd driver makes perfect sense. How about Carlos back in the game? :)

Tom206wrc
23rd May 2007, 21:35
Harri Rovanperä said at the end of 2006 that he was aiming a car for winning and nothing else for 2007(or so)...maybe an opportunity ??? :D

Peugeot206WRC
23rd May 2007, 22:33
Yea, Harri could be a good opportunity.
But I think hes been out to long and the last year didnt go so well in the Skoda.
It would probably take some rallies to get his old speed back.

So I still think Garde is the best driver if they looking for someone to take safe points, he seems to be fast no matter what car he got.

Glee
24th May 2007, 07:41

Official 2008

But in reality they have a lifelong commitment...

Tom206wrc
24th May 2007, 11:22
Oh great another red door wedge on the stages......

I had to laugh at the statement that 'the budget is'nt there' what a load of Crap!!!!!!!

I totally agree with Ste here(and it's very rare!!!) :rolleyes:

jonkka
24th May 2007, 11:41
On Tarmac Duval would eat Both ford kids for breakffast, lunch and supper.....

While crash-happy Duval is busy eating his picnic lunch-supper-breakfast at roadside after his most recent car crumbling exercise, Ford kids are celebrating at podium. 41.7% DNF ratio speaks for itself.

Sordo is the ideal driver at the moment.

He is good and has bright future, I think. But if Citroen wants the manu title back, Sordo is a gamble at the moment. Granted, on gravel Citroen can easily achieve 1-4 and Ford can fight back with 2-3 but that still gives one point advantage to Citroen. I see that this algorithm brings fight to Ford.

Finni
24th May 2007, 15:45
Galli wuld be too risky, probably very fast but risky. Gardemaister is mature but I am not sure if he has much more speed than Sordo. Probably he would be faster but Garde has not always been fast to adapt new cars.

Anyway, would be nice to see third C4 in action.

JAM
24th May 2007, 16:21
A team has a budget, this budget has a percentage to development and tests and a percentage to do 16 rallyes. I think that development leaves more than 50% of the budget, so one more car in 4 or 5 rallyes shoul not be so expensive as Guy Frequelin wants to prove. Maybe an increase of 25% on the cost of the rally, wich means that this 25% in 5 rallyes would be less than visible on the overall budget from Citroen Sport on WRC.

Why 5 rallyes? because on the tarmac rallyes (Germany, Corsica, Catalunya and Irland) Sordo is able to handle the task. So Citroen only needs a gravel driver to 5 rallyes. An extra car in 5 rallyes to help the manufacturers championship (wich was in the past more important to Cirtoen than the drivers champ) would not be a so big effort has Frequelin wants to prove.

But as Animrallye said, Citroen is cutting costs and competition usually is a useless area when the moneys is not much.

Ahhh, the driver: Gardemeister is IMO the best one, very far from all the other candidates.

Gard
24th May 2007, 17:33
A team has a budget, this budget has a percentage to development and tests and a percentage to do 16 rallyes. I think that development leaves more than 50% of the budget, so one more car in 4 or 5 rallyes shoul not be so expensive as Guy Frequelin wants to prove. Maybe an increase of 25% on the cost of the rally, wich means that this 25% in 5 rallyes would be less than visible on the overall budget from Citroen Sport on WRC.

Why 5 rallyes? because on the tarmac rallyes (Germany, Corsica, Catalunya and Irland) Sordo is able to handle the task. So Citroen only needs a gravel driver to 5 rallyes. An extra car in 5 rallyes to help the manufacturers championship (wich was in the past more important to Cirtoen than the drivers champ) would not be a so big effort has Frequelin wants to prove.

But as Animrallye said, Citroen is cutting costs and competition usually is a useless area when the moneys is not much.

Ahhh, the driver: Gardemeister is IMO the best one, very far from all the other candidates.

And that would be a very good indicator for how the C4 really performs.

koko0703
25th May 2007, 01:22
I highly doubt Citroen will run a third car unless somebody brings loads of money. Afterall Citroen was the team who pushed for 2-car team at the end of 2003 season, and they refused to run Carlos in 2003 until he got Telefonica backing. It will be nice to see more entries, but there needs to be money first. At the moment, I think Garde or Galli has enough financial backing to convince Citroen.

Gard
25th May 2007, 07:10
I highly doubt Citroen will run a third car unless somebody brings loads of money. Afterall Citroen was the team who pushed for 2-car team at the end of 2003 season, and they refused to run Carlos in 2003 until he got Telefonica backing. It will be nice to see more entries, but there needs to be money first. At the moment, I think Garde or Galli has enough financial backing to convince Citroen.

koko, what if your nightmare come trough. the third driver could be PETTER :p Heated discussions at Banbury these days.

muscrae
26th May 2007, 00:40
Colin Mcrae, last chance maybe :D

bennizw
26th May 2007, 07:59
Had been nice, but's not going to happen!:P

Glee
26th May 2007, 13:13
koko, what if your nightmare come trough. the third driver could be PETTER :p Heated discussions at Banbury these days.

As 1.st nominated driver Petter can't change teams in the middle of the year.

alleskids
26th May 2007, 14:17
Petter cannot even test for an other team I think. Like Loeb did last year when he drove for Kronos Citroen and tested for Citroen Sport, which were/are two different teams officially. Petter has to sit out the year and hope for better next year.

jonas_mcrae
26th May 2007, 14:31
Bring Carlos!! LOL
venga matador!

noel157
26th May 2007, 14:41
Petter cannot even test for an other team I think. Like Loeb did last year when he drove for Kronos Citroen and tested for Citroen Sport, which were/are two different teams officially. Petter has to sit out the year and hope for better next year.

And also Citroen (the official team anyway) weren't a WRC registered team last year so there was no problem.