PDA

View Full Version : WSB - Siverstone

tha_jackal
23rd May 2007, 00:30
Should be an interesting round, Toseland allready aiming at a double victory (talk about confidence) and Bayliss and co desperately trying to close his gap in the championship, should be good. Westy back in WSS, looking more and more likely that he'll be there in 08.

Tips:

WSBK1:
1. Bayliss
2. Haga
3. Toseland

WSBK2:
1. Toseland
2. Rolfo
3. Bayliss

WSS:
1. Chapentier
2. West
3. Parkes
( Westy has to learn another track though ;) )

Bring it on!

racer69
23rd May 2007, 03:37
Are the BSB Virgin Media bikes running as wildcards like last year? (They run on Pirelli's)

23rd May 2007, 05:49
I'm always going to pick Nitro Nori as i'm hoping he will take out the championship this year. :D after Monza. How much support will Corser give him as his own chances diminish I wonder.

Race1
Haga
Toseland
Lanzi
Bayliss
Biaggi

Race2
Haga
Bayliss
Toseland
Biaggi
Xaus (If he doesn't fall off)

NinjaMaster
28th May 2007, 12:08
It was certainly an interesting round. The Superbike race was quite good for the lead, if not just because wet conditions make me soo nervous for the riders because things can turn pear-shaped so quickly. Wests ride was superb though he had a bit of luck with his near get-offs at the first turn and I was gutte for Broc (again :( ) who continues to have no luck at all.
It was a shame the second Superbike race was cancelled. Perhaps they should move the Silverstone round next year so that it is run during Summer and not Winter. ;) :laugh:

Silver
28th May 2007, 13:35
Perhaps they should move the Silverstone round next year so that it is run during Summer and not Winter. ;) :laugh:

The weather was not great, but I've seen as bad at races before. I've been getting sunburnt at the last few British Superbike rounds, so I guess Toseland et al are just unlucky! ;)

NinjaMaster
28th May 2007, 13:47
I was at Phillip Island when it got rained out a few years ago and it wasn't particularly fun. Just goes to show that it came happen anywhere, just need the misfortune of a storm to hit at the wrong time.

ArmchairBikeFan
28th May 2007, 14:08
That's nothing, there was one BSB round at Knockhill where I got soaked to the skin during race 1 in the morning then sunburnt during race 2 in the afternoon!
WSBK at Silverstone just seems to bring out the worst weather for some reason.

NinjaMaster
28th May 2007, 14:16
Phillip Island is about the only place I ever go where I can freeze all day, but still get sunburnt! :)
Silverstone is good for a bit of aquaplaning for some reason.

The Phantom
29th May 2007, 14:32
Amazing that Toseland did 20 laps with no cooling system. Even in the rain and cold, it says a lot about the CBR1000RR...

maxu05
29th May 2007, 14:58
Amazing that Toseland did 20 laps with no cooling system. Even in the rain and cold, it says a lot about the CBR1000RR...

Bollocks, say's a lot about Silverstone, bloody cold :laugh: