PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Rulebook

bt52b
22nd May 2007, 19:44
I've searched around a bit and failed. So could anyone point me in the direction of an online NASCAR Rulebook? Looking for CoT spec's, mainly the roll cage and foam panels layout.

RaceFanStan
22nd May 2007, 20:12
You have to own a Nextel Cup team to get a NASCAR Nextel Cup Rulebook. :s

I've been keeping a list of infractions but have never seen an actual rulebook .....
(rumor has it that the rulebook is written in pencil .....) :eek:

My List :
http://groups.google.com/group/goboogity/web/nascar-rulebook

Sparky1329
22nd May 2007, 20:12
You're kidding, right? You aren't too familiar with NASCAR are you? ;) The only entities that get copies of the rulebook are teams themselves. Even then they are written in pencil. j/k

Jonesi
22nd May 2007, 20:43
Sometimes a years out of date copy shows up on Ebay. They always go for at least $75. For what you're looking for, you might find in special sections to the various nascar magazines from last Dec to Mar.

trumperZ06
22nd May 2007, 21:24
;) NA$CAR's Rule Book: consisting of an assortment of cocktail napkins... written on... with dis-appearing ink !!!

Rules are subject to change:

with or without notice...

sometimes before/sometimes after...

facts/infraction/ or inspection occurs !!!

Jonesi
22nd May 2007, 21:55
If they're going to have a rule like:
"Section 12-4-A = actions detrimental to stock car racing"

Why do they need the rest of the rule book? ;-)It means if we like it, it's legal, if we don't it's illegal. It says it all.

bt52b
22nd May 2007, 22:54
Strange considering the FIA put everything on their site and NASCAR don't :confused:

harvick#1
22nd May 2007, 23:06
I like your sig, but America is much better than crum bums in Florida and rednecks in Bama (not you Cindy) ;)

bt52b
22nd May 2007, 23:27
I like your sig, but America is much better than crum bums in Florida and rednecks in Bama (not you Cindy) ;)

Will be even funnier if they actually do an American show :D

Found a NASCAR handbook on eBay but its about 1999 :(

Jonesi
22nd May 2007, 23:29
Strange considering the FIA put everything on their site and NASCAR don't :confused:

Nascar doesn't actually own Nascar.com, it's a for profit business that they sold off years ago.
Besides FIA, SCCA now puts their rulebooks online, (after many years of me & others fighting for it), IMSA/ALMS does, & CART/CC does. IRL used to put a portion of their's, but if it still there I can't find it.

Lee Roy
23rd May 2007, 01:33

BFD

call_me_andrew
23rd May 2007, 05:25

That's not very strange. Strange is the fact that Grand Am (which is owned by the France family) puts their rules online and NASCAR doesn't.

jslone
23rd May 2007, 08:00
if you had a copy of the rule book,can you do anything to change it I think not.But it would be interesting to see how teams get in the so called grey area,other then that,who also cares if the FIA or whomever puts their version of the rulebook online,they do what ever they want.

ms0362
23rd May 2007, 22:29
Nascar in the booth: "Ruuules?.... we dun need no stinkin' rules! Don't you know?... they make em up as they go. Race to the line, don't race to the line. The fact that they don't publish the rule book says enough in itself.

harvick#1
24th May 2007, 00:20
If they're going to have a rule like:
"Section 12-4-A = actions detrimental to stock car racing"

the only rule for Nascar :s mokin:

jslone
24th May 2007, 06:53
If I say that Mike Helton dont know squat in regards to Nascar what rule is that?

Jonesi
24th May 2007, 09:47
If I say that Mike Helton dont know squat in regards to Nascar what rule is that?

If you don't have a Nascar credential, they don't care, you don't exist ;-)

jslone
25th May 2007, 03:50
Just like the rest of us fans who do care

tstran17_88
25th May 2007, 03:59
The NASCAR rule book is one of the world’s greatest mysteries. Ranks up there with the Loch Ness, UFO’S, the meaning of life and Big Foot. :D

NASCARWidow
25th May 2007, 13:50
I have an 06 rulebook but it wouldn't help you cause the COT isn't in it. I only have a Busch 07 rulebook and they aren't going to the COT so that wouldn't help you either.

NASCAR maintains that if you don't own a team, drive for a team, or work for a team, you don't have a need for a rulebook.