PDA

View Full Version : New Entries for Croft?

CroftPilgrim
22nd May 2007, 10:27
Croft always seems, for some reason, to be the meeting where several new entries join the BTCC.

This year though , it all seems quiet...

Does anyone know of any possible additions to the grid?

PDS
22nd May 2007, 13:16
No additions that I know off... But there will be one not going!

At the moment!

There is a possibility of 3 or 4 additions at Oulton Park though!

VkmSpouge
22nd May 2007, 13:25
I don't think there are any new entries but I assume Jim Pocklington will be back?

Iain
22nd May 2007, 15:45
Croft isn't the mid-season point (by that I mean either round 5 or round 6) as it usually is, that's probably why nobody new is entering.

AlexD
22nd May 2007, 16:16

At the moment!

There is a possibility of 3 or 4 additions at Oulton Park though!

All I knew was there is going to be a second Arkas car. Any clues as to the others?

Alfa Fan
22nd May 2007, 16:21
I suspect there will be a 3rd VX Racing Vauxhall. Chilton's moved to a new car, so there's a spare Vectra for someone.....

poole123
22nd May 2007, 16:53
What about the third seat? any news

PDS
22nd May 2007, 16:54
All I knew was there is going to be a second Arkas car. Any clues as to the others?

There are two teams not currently in the BTCC working to get cars out at Oulton park. As to how many cars they run, we shall wait and see! But I am hoping to see at least three new cars out..

Rusty
22nd May 2007, 17:15
There are two teams not currently in the BTCC working to get cars out at Oulton park. As to how many cars they run, we shall wait and see! But I am hoping to see at least three new cars out..

You love teasing us dont you.... ha ha

PDS
22nd May 2007, 17:16

http://www.crash.net/news_View~cid~10~id~148383.htm

reidy_fan
22nd May 2007, 19:41
I suspect there will be a 3rd VX Racing Vauxhall. Chilton's moved to a new car, so there's a spare Vectra for someone.....

if there is a spare vectra then I would reckon Gavin Smith to get it

kmchow
22nd May 2007, 20:06
if there is a spare vectra then I would reckon Gavin Smith to get it
But it hasn't been officially announced yet? Wasn't the 3rd Vectra dependent on the budget being found? Or will they hold off on using Gavin and the spare car unless the championship depends.

OTOH, perhaps it would be more advantageous to start racing the 3rd car now in order to try and build up a bigger point advantage while the other teams are still trying to sort out their machinery?

Northern Monkey
22nd May 2007, 20:08
You are all just assuming that because Chilton has a new chassis then a third Vauxhall will suddenly appear....

touringlegend
22nd May 2007, 20:53
Why does he need a new one ? Is the old one twisted or something, or maybe there's significant changes to the chassis ?

kmchow
22nd May 2007, 22:02
Why does he need a new one ? Is the old one twisted or something, or maybe there's significant changes to the chassis ?
I'm guessing they gotta have a 3rd (spare) car in case one of the existing cars are damaged in a race? As well, better to build another one on a regular timeline rather than rush building another one if an accident did occur? Otherwise, they would have to find/race an Astra then. Do they still own any of those?

Les
22nd May 2007, 22:04
so no Rick Kerry or Adam Jones - that's a bummer.

BeeJ_UK
22nd May 2007, 22:05
I'm guessing they gotta have a 3rd (spare) car in case one of the existing cars are damaged in a race? As well, better to build another one on a regular timeline rather than rush building another one if an accident did occur? Otherwise, they would have to find/race an Astra then. Do they still own any of those?

But the Astra is not S2000 so is not an option.

thompp
23rd May 2007, 10:34
Its always nice to have new entrants, but the BTCC field is pretty healthy at the moment (despite the loss of Rock kerry for Croft) - I just hope that the racing at Croft this year is as good as it was in 2006!

CroftPilgrim
23rd May 2007, 11:28
Croft isn't the mid-season point (by that I mean either round 5 or round 6) as it usually is, that's probably why nobody new is entering.

That is true. It is a lot earlier than usual. And we do have a very healthy field at the moment. Nice to hear there could be new faces at Oulton though.

I can't see 3rd cars for VXRacing or SEAT just yet. Both are doing well and they're evenly matched. I can't see them going to the expesne of a third car just yet. Later in the season is another matter though.....

mattie007
23rd May 2007, 15:06
Xero?
Arkas 2nd car?

Captain VXR
23rd May 2007, 17:05
Synchro?
Mark Smith?

PDS
24th May 2007, 02:01
I understand that two cars more have been painted different colours for the rest of the season.

SEATFreak
24th May 2007, 08:54
What about the third seat? any news

It seems like it was an April Fools joke by Scott Dennis.

http://www.seatsportuk.co.uk/BTCC/2007_btccnews.asp?ID=28093829

Iain
24th May 2007, 11:25
No, that was an April Fools joke, but there really is a 3rd car entered to be used at the latter half of the season, should SEAT need some help in the drivers' and manufacturers' championships, like last year when they entered the 3 cars at Silverstone.

SEATFreak
24th May 2007, 15:07
If and when it happens how much different will it be this season to Silverstone? Because I know they had one of the Leon's in the WTCC shipped over. So I am assuming then that it will either be a new build or perhaps one of the Leon's from last year?

I know we are going over old ground but any guesses? I would like to think Rykard Rydell because he raced with Darren Turner in Le Mans in a Prodrive Ferrari 550 Maranello.

ATF
24th May 2007, 19:43
VX don't need 3 cars, what more would someone like Gavin Smith contribute? They're 2 and 3 in the drivers, leading the manufacturers and teams championships so unless they need helping out at the end of the season or if SEAT bring in a third car, then I can't see it happening.

I would like to see another Arkas car sometime this season to see what a more competitive driver (like O'Neill) could do with it.

kmchow
24th May 2007, 20:12
VX don't need 3 cars, what more would someone like Gavin Smith contribute? They're 2 and 3 in the drivers, leading the manufacturers and teams championships
It's very early in the season so results/things can change as the other teams start getting used to/dial in their cars. The point advantage could quickly disappear. The smartest/most expensive strategy is to race a 3rd car to build as big of a point lead as possible.

so unless they need helping out at the end of the season or if SEAT bring in a third car, then I can't see it happening.
It does money to race a third car.

Allyc85
24th May 2007, 20:58
but why have a 3rd car when only 2 can score points. Thats the reason Vx cut down to 2 cars.

Iain
24th May 2007, 22:03
To take points from others?

PDS
24th May 2007, 22:53
but why have a 3rd car when only 2 can score points. Thats the reason Vx cut down to 2 cars.

A manufacturer can run as many cars as he likes.. The adavantage with running more, is that if their regular two drivers have a problem the third driver could take advatantage..

The Regs state for the Manufacturers Championship...
Points will be awarded to a maximum of two nominated S2000 cars (see CR 5.1) of the same make provided they are listed as a classified finisher in the Final Results. A manufacturer must nominate a maximum of two cars in writing at or before the Drivers Briefing at each Meeting of the Championship.

The Drivers Briefing takes place at 5pm on the Saturday of the meeting, After qualifying...

ATF
25th May 2007, 00:06
It does money to race a third car.

???

SEATFreak
25th May 2007, 08:32
but why have a 3rd car when only 2 can score points.

So you can do what Team Dynamics did at Knockhill last year.

But all jesting aside isn't it true the ruling that only 2 cars are elligible to score points, is only applicable in the Teams Championship?

I am struggling badly to think of the benifits of having a third driver and how it could be worked by a team, but the only reason I and my logic see a third car benifiting a team is the ability for their drivers, which outnumber that of other teams, to dominate the Championship. :?:

ATF
26th May 2007, 19:20
But all jesting aside isn't it true the ruling that only 2 cars are elligible to score points, is only applicable in the Teams Championship?

Teams have to nominate 2 cars for the Manufacturers Championship but the top 2 cars of a team score in the Teams Championship (I don't think they have to be nominated but i'm not sure).

m0rk
28th May 2007, 09:39
It seems like it was an April Fools joke by Scott Dennis.

http://www.seatsportuk.co.uk/BTCC/2007_btccnews.asp?ID=28093829

The 3rd SEAT was always just to keep their options open

The RC 'joke' was exactly that

tisme
28th May 2007, 17:56
The 3rd SEAT was always just to keep their options open

I heard registering the third car was for the extra garage space and the extra tickets!

PDS
28th May 2007, 18:07

Why did you not read this post!

The Regs state for the Manufacturers Championship...
Points will be awarded to a maximum of two nominated S2000 cars (see CR 5.1) of the same make provided they are listed as a classified finisher in the Final Results. A manufacturer must nominate a maximum of two cars in writing at or before the Drivers Briefing at each Meeting of the Championship.

The Drivers Briefing takes place at 5pm on the Saturday of the meeting, After qualifying...

As for the Teams Championship..
The Teams Championship: Points will be awarded to the two highest placed cars from each team
in each Race (provided that they are listed as a classified finisher in the Final Results)

kartworld1
29th May 2007, 20:31
Synchro?
Mark Smith?

I dont think so for synchro www.synchro-motorsport.com (http://www.synchro-motorsport.com)

maybe Mr Proctor is getting bored?

or maybe xero have finally found a driver with some cash?

PDS
30th May 2007, 22:17

At the moment!

Two non-starters now!

VkmSpouge
31st May 2007, 00:20
Are you going to tell us who the second one is?

PDS
31st May 2007, 01:14
Not officially announced yet.. Les won't be happy!

Alfa Fan
31st May 2007, 01:58
I'm guessing Nick Leason and BTC have parted company?

cookingfat
31st May 2007, 09:09

Are you sure that's a rumour you want to start?

Alfa Fan
31st May 2007, 12:42
Well I said "I guess"

Les supports Nick Leason, so it fits
and with the sponsorship problems with Montys Millions that may be in store then they appear to be amongst the least secure teams.

It was only a guess.

dwracing23
31st May 2007, 13:35

No not what I have been told but half right.

Captain VXR
31st May 2007, 14:10
Stockton?

SEATFreak
31st May 2007, 14:13
Stockton?

What about him? :confused:

Northern Monkey
31st May 2007, 14:40
Given BTC is Stockton's team I'd very much doubt it. However, even if Leason is the driver involved there is nothing to suggest he has left the team - it may just be he sits out a meeting if the Monty's Millions debacle has resulted in cash the team believed it would get from the sponsor not appearing.

All will be revealed at the weekend....

SEATFreak
31st May 2007, 15:11
Although form cannot be counted as a serious basis for assumption if the driver invloved was bases on form the one out would have to be Leason. Chris has got the team's two best results thus far. A 10th and an 11th.

If Chris Stockton is BTC Racing what part does Bert play? And exactly what is Monty Millions? I Googled it but it seems like it is some kind of competition.

Northern Monkey
31st May 2007, 15:21
And exactly what is Monty Millions? I Googled it but it seems like it is some kind of competition.

I think that answers your own question....

SEATFreak
31st May 2007, 15:52
it may just be he sits out a meeting if the Monty's Millions debacle has resulted in cash the team believed it would get from the sponsor not appearing.

Putting everything together I have found, Monty's Millions is this competition that ITV-F1 ran where you could go to the Monaco GP on this yacht - only it seems from a forum I looked into in the search results, some daft bugger forgot to book the yacht. So the thing couldn't happen. Now, according to what you said above, the debacle may have resulted in the team (BTC Racing) getting money from from the sponsor if the sponsor didn't show. So not only has some daft bugger not booked the yacht but because a sponsor didn't show they have to give some money to BTC Racing.

I must admit I know a little more than I said. But even what do I know has still left me with little info though. Like how is the sponsor and BTC-Racing connected and what was BTC Racing's part in the competition?

Rusty
31st May 2007, 16:48
Im Lost?????????????????????????????????????????

PDS
31st May 2007, 16:57
Im Lost?????????????????????????????????????????

Turn left, second right, about 5 miles and then your there!

Rusty
31st May 2007, 17:07
LMFAO Cheers Peter im there now, This Sat-Nav is Crap....

Northern Monkey
31st May 2007, 17:17
Putting everything together I have found, Monty's Millions is this competition that ITV-F1 ran where you could go to the Monaco GP on this yacht - only it seems from a forum I looked into in the search results, some daft bugger forgot to book the yacht. So the thing couldn't happen. Now, according to what you said above, the debacle may have resulted in the team (BTC Racing) getting money from from the sponsor if the sponsor didn't show. So not only has some daft bugger not booked the yacht but because a sponsor didn't show they have to give some money to BTC Racing.

I must admit I know a little more than I said. But even what do I know has still left me with little info though. Like how is the sponsor and BTC-Racing connected and what was BTC Racing's part in the competition?

I shall try putting it in simple terms. Montys Millions was a competition set up to win a trip to the Monaco Grand Prix - and it had nothing at all to do with ITV-F1 (they had a similar competition I believe).

Prior to Thruxton, Montys Millions was announced as a new sponsor of BTC Racing - hence the change in colours for the team for the round. However, since Thruxton, the Montys Millions competition seems to have gone somewhat tits up - with the winners being told that the trip was being cancelled.

As a sponsor of BTC Racing, I'm guessing that Montys Millions would have been giving the team sponsorship money - especially given the change in appearance of the cars. I can't imagine that the team would have done that without it being a commercial deal of some form (although I might be wrong)

With the competition now being in a mess, and the prospect of some disgruntled people wanting money back, I'd guess that BTC won't be getting any money from Montys Millions, which in turn could leave the team short of cash to do things they may have planned in the run-up to Croft (again may not be the case but you never know).

Such an event COULD then leave the team in a position to only run one car for the weekend rather than two as planned.

And - as stated on other threads - BTC Racing had NO connection to the competition itself, Montys Millions were simply a sponsor of the team.

cazvxr
31st May 2007, 19:42
Would just like to state that Nick and BTC Racing are definitely NOT parting company.

Les
31st May 2007, 20:02
calm down everyone.....

right the facts.....

Nick has not left the team - he will be at Croft supporting Chris in a team shirt.
His car has had problems as you all know and the bits have just arrived. Now he could TEST again in front of all of you lot and get moaned at and maybe damage it or he could sit this one out while they work on it over the weekend and then do a bit of testing and RACE at Oulton....
I know what I prefer to see....

and if you don't believe me ask him at Croft on Saturday and Sunday!

MBailey06
31st May 2007, 21:14
So Chris will still be racing then?

Robinho
31st May 2007, 21:44
and SeatFreak, as i understand it Bert is the "BT" of BTC and Chris Stockton is the "C".

Les
31st May 2007, 21:50
certainly will

Red200
31st May 2007, 23:29
May I answer some of the points raised?

Chris Stockton will be racing at Croft and Nick Leason is still very much a part of the BTC Racing Team and is still very committed. Unfortunately Nick Leason will not be able to race at Croft due to ongoing mechanical gremlins and late arrival of spares preventing his engine being finished in time. The decision was made not to run the car and make up numbers on the grid, but to fully resolve all issues and shake the car down in a controlled manner, in readiness for Oulton Park.

Nick will be at Croft this weekend supporting Chris and the team.

BTC Racing is not Bert Taylor (BT) & Chris Stockton (C), BTC Racing was the name of the team that Chris Stockton raced previously. It stands for Beer Tent Company related to a business that Chris is involved in.

Bert Taylor is the Team Boss and Chief Engineer.

I will be travelling to Croft tomorrow to join the team, who left earlier today after a shakedown of Chris's car at Rockingham.

I hope this has helped clear some of the long winded interest in our team.

Regards

CH
Team Manager

VkmSpouge
1st June 2007, 01:49
Hopefully Leason's Lexus will be running reliably from Oulton Park onwards, he really hasn't had any luck this year so far.

Red200
1st June 2007, 09:03
We all hope Nick has better luck and hope all the teams recent efforts will provide Nick with the car, he deserves.

MattSmith
1st June 2007, 19:29
Thanks for the explanation.

It's always hard to know what's really happening when rumours start flying so it's good of you to take the time to explain what's happening.

I hope that the weekend goes well and that the car problems for Nick can be solved