PDA

View Full Version : Fry not too happy with Super Aguri's success

Valve Bounce
22nd May 2007, 04:28
Here's the report: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=31485

What they don't mention is, of course, that Super Aguri cars are being driven by two Honda rejects. And these rejects are doing better than their own drivers. Wouldn't it be even funnier if both Honda rejects finish ahead of the Team Honda drivers at Monaco. :p :

OK, lets cut the crap and throw oodles of cash at R&D to make the Team Honda cars faster. Start by getting rid of that colour of vomit paint job, Fry. :D

rah
22nd May 2007, 05:48
Or start by sacking Fry.

xtlm
22nd May 2007, 05:59
Honestly, I would much rather see the little guy keep on winning (relatively speaking).

Underdogs are great.It teaches Honda a lesson and makes the other team feel great.

Hopefully there will be no payoffs in the next race.

Roamy
22nd May 2007, 07:55
well fry is a piece of sh!t so what is the problem - he was prix richards "Do Boy" so what can you expect from this idoit - please tell me his credentials and why in the **** would Honda invest in him -- come on

ArrowsFA1
22nd May 2007, 08:03
In a nutshell...one Honda team is running a Willis car and one isn't.

Hawkmoon
22nd May 2007, 10:41

I wonder if Honda seriously considered going back to the '06 car and developing it rather than trying to fix the '07 car which obviously has some serious design flaws.

Teams wouldn't normally go back to an old design but they also don't normally have their old design actually beating their new design in a competitive race.

Willis probably has a smug look on his face these days.

Flat.tyres
22nd May 2007, 10:58
I wonder if Honda seriously considered going back to the '06 car and developing it rather than trying to fix the '07 car which obviously has some serious design flaws.

Teams wouldn't normally go back to an old design but they also don't normally have their old design actually beating their new design in a competitive race.

Willis probably has a smug look on his face these days.

they cant go back to the 06 car because its not certified as theirs. they would have to resubmit a design and register it.

So, what do they need to do? they need to develop the 07 car and get professional with their management. monumental disaster of toyota proportions will happen otherwise.

in fairness to Nick, he has his hands tied.

Valve Bounce
22nd May 2007, 11:34

Good point :up:

Valve Bounce
22nd May 2007, 14:09
.....here's more : http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=31495

ratonmacias
22nd May 2007, 16:06
honda let all the human resources and brought in dicks instead. wonder how they would be doing with villeneuve and davidson as drivers and willis designing.

SuperAguri
22nd May 2007, 16:36
Nick Fry :D .... what a cock.

Quit moaning and make your team better

teamsuperimu
22nd May 2007, 16:51
Fry is just mad because the angry planet car is crap and is team is now the Honda B team.

raphael123
22nd May 2007, 18:43
Oh dear - the source - pitpass - that says it all.

The first article would be good for a laugh, but sadly people seem to take it as 'fact'.

Naturally Honda aren't going to be jumping with joy that the supposedly B team is beating them - but pitpass state Nick Fry has mixed feelings, and what do they back that up with? The only quote they've got from him is 'I am happy for them'. The fact he has said it'll be hard for the Super's to match Honda's development pace is a completely different topic.

Pitpass seem to be a website who make a story, and then find quotes to try back it up, rather than just being honest.

On another note, Fry does need replacing. The downfall in Honda's fortune since his promotion, and the leaving of Richards is quite alarming!

jens
22nd May 2007, 18:57
Besides Fry I'm still wondering, who is that head designer Nakamura. What are his skills and qualification? Is it needed to replace him too?

raphael123
22nd May 2007, 20:38
Besides Fry I'm still wondering, who is that head designer Nakamura. What are his skills and qualification? Is it needed to replace him too?

Definately it would seem. I think getting rid of Willis wasn't such a bad idea if they wanted to challenge for the title - it was sacking him - without a decent replacement lined up that hurt them. Maybe they should have tried to lure Adrian Newey when he signed for RBR.

ClarkFan
22nd May 2007, 23:05
Or start by sacking Fry.

Many benefits would flow from this wellspring. :s

ClarkFan

millencolin
23rd May 2007, 02:09
Here's the report: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=31485

Start by getting rid of that colour of vomit paint job, Fry. :D

your vomit is black n blue? what on earth have you been eating!!! :p :

Valve Bounce
23rd May 2007, 02:10
Basically, Team Honda doesn't have a technical director when you think of the guy who is supposed to be doing that job.

Valve Bounce
23rd May 2007, 02:11
your vomit is black n blue? what on earth have you been eating!!! :p :

Blueberry and mint ice cream. :(

CarlMetro
23rd May 2007, 08:48
I don't think that it's the progress of Super Aguri that he's miffed about, more the severe lack of progress that the works Honda team have made, if anything they have taken a huge step backwards. They only have themselves to blame, sacking Willis without a decent replacement in place was dumb.

I just hope they don't now go down the road of Toyota and chuck millions of pounds trying to improve a donkey without first changing the idiot responsible for it's design.

ShiftingGears
23rd May 2007, 08:56
Blueberry and mint ice cream. :(

I'll try that. :D

aryan
23rd May 2007, 10:31
Guys, this is pitpass, the pinacle or journalism.

Nothing new here, next!

Flat.tyres
23rd May 2007, 10:48

Nothing new here, next!

actually, there are some gems of truth in it I think. there is confusion over direction in the team and a confused decision process. I firmly believe that they need a strong figurehead with a proven trackrecord to take the team by the scruff of the neck and pull them together.

The people in the team are good, the car does not become a shed overnight and they have 2 good drivers. jenson has the potential to be champion in the right car and RB is a wealth of knowledge that should be really benefiting the team. They cant do the impossible though and get this car doing things its not capable of.

all this talk about ant beating jenson is quite silly really. you have two different cars and anyone that believes sato is better than jenson because he beat him in a different car is plainly talking out of their arse.

CarlMetro
23rd May 2007, 12:24

I don't care if it's some spotty teenager fabricating stories in his bedroom (not much difference) The undeniable facts are that the works Honda team are getting thoroughly whipped by their own B team, using last years car. I don't care how dumb people think Nick Fry is, he certainly can't be happy with the current situation.

raphael123
23rd May 2007, 13:42
I don't care if it's some spotty teenager fabricating stories in his bedroom (not much difference) The undeniable facts are that the works Honda team are getting thoroughly whipped by their own B team, using last years car. I don't care how dumb people think Nick Fry is, he certainly can't be happy with the current situation.

I think people are discrediting pitpass, because they've made a story out of Fry having mixed emotion over SA form so far, and the only quote they've got is 'I'm really happy for them'.

Obviously he would rather be way infront of SA, but fabricating a story of Fry's opinion, when he hasn't said anything, is hardly the sign of a top website.

pitpass are, in my opinion, the worst f1 site around. good for some gossip and made up stories, but I prefer something a bit more reliable - itv-f1 is where i get most of my news from - at least i know its true, and if its just a rumour, it will say its a rumour.