PDA

View Full Version : pre race schedule question

MarcoCheever
21st May 2007, 20:38
didn't the flyover used to come after Taps ? seems to me it's been a recent change for the flyover to be after the National Anthem

ChicagocrewIRL
24th May 2007, 00:30
It was awkward in the past when they had the flyover DURING Taps and people started applauding and cheering the flyover. It's much more dignified with the flyover at the end of the STAR SPANGLED BANNER. I also love the change from the Purdue band playing Taps, to a single bugler playing Taps. GOOSEBUMP CITY and an incredibly fitting, dignified tribute to our fallen warriors.

Let's hope they keep the single bugler.

MarcoCheever
24th May 2007, 01:40
okay thanks.

it's such and emotional moment that's for sure

Alexamateo
24th May 2007, 02:05
Let's hope they keep the single bugler.

The same guy as last year is doing this also.

ChicagocrewIRL
24th May 2007, 04:58
The same guy as last year is doing this also.

Sgt Byron Bartosh of the Indiana National Guard

Toe_Knee_Jorge
24th May 2007, 11:50
outstanding
this is one of those events in life that everyone should see at least once

uncre8tv
24th May 2007, 17:01
Who does the indy flyover? Flyovers are always a great moment, you can't help but feel drawn into the awesome display of technology and power.

I have seen tons of flyovers, most recently two F-5's (? i think) - at the KS IRL race this year.

The best though have been at chiefs games:
one B2 stealth bomber - low, slow, and silent until after it had gone by - when it has a flat angle to you it literally disappears from view
four A-10's - still low, still slow, but you felt them coming and going
two or three Apache helicopters - very very cool to watch them fly in formation, they came by fast too, probably quicker than either of the other planes i mentioned, about as fast as the planes at KS this year.

I'd love to see a Chinook flyby, but those aren't nearly as sexy so they probably never get called to flyover duty. I love the sound and sight of those big flying monsters.

ChicagocrewIRL
24th May 2007, 17:53
The best flyover I have ever seen was a B1B Lancer come in low and slow with wings fully extended then it kicks in afterburners, sweeps wings, and goes straight up so thunderous and earth shaking all the car alarms in the area went off.

uncre8tv
24th May 2007, 20:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPfPnEGowYw&mode=related&search= - very cool (this vid is two passes, one spread wing, one swept wing with a pretty sharp rate of ascent at the end). I have only seen these parked, I think.

MarcoCheever
24th May 2007, 20:19
the B 2 was at Indy indeed it is awesome ! also something that was way and I mean way cool was an Indy fly over with 2 AV-8B Harrier's.
They cruised down the front straighaway stopped at the yard of bricks pointed sky-ward and took,,,make that blasted off in-freakin-credible !