PDA

View Full Version : GP Live 2007

rharbron
21st May 2007, 21:13
Did anybody attend GP live ? and if so what did you think ?

Great idea, shows the cars to there best, racing cars only belong in one place and thats on the track.

Congratulations to the event organizers.

Galleries of images of event at -

http://www.motorsportfoto.co.uk/gplive2007/gpliveindex.htm

Any feedback welcome

enjoy

dwf1
21st May 2007, 23:35
I attended the event as a marshal in the assembly area and to tell the truth the concept of the event was great but the organising was not! Some big improvements need to be made for next year! The event nearly did not happen and the gate prices were probably a little too much. I feel they pushed too much too soon considering it was only the first one. Alot of lessons learnt and to be worked on.

As for the racing, I did not see much as I was marshalling round the back but did see the two EuroBOSS races and some great drives there. Also thanks to Mario Andretti, Martin Brundle, Michael Ammermuller, Klaas Zwart, Paul Stoddart and Jodie Hemming for signing my programme and making my weekend complete. :)

ArrowsFA1
22nd May 2007, 09:10
The word is that the event was almost cancelled at the last minute, meaning that some cars due to appear didn't. There's been quite a bit of criticism of the cost of entry, and the organisation, elsewhere so it would be interesting to hear more from those who were actually there.

One problem that something like GPLive has is that it will be compared with Goodwood, and nothing compares to Goodwood.

dwf1
22nd May 2007, 11:23
The word is that the event was almost cancelled at the last minute, meaning that some cars due to appear didn't. There's been quite a bit of criticism of the cost of entry, and the organisation, elsewhere so it would be interesting to hear more from those who were actually there.

One problem that something like GPLive has is that it will be compared with t
Goodwood, and nothing compares to Goodwood.

Thats true! at 4:30pm on Thursday the event wasn't happening. I turned up to start camping at about 7:30 and it was on! Quite a few cars did turn up but went away because covers werenot put up for their cars but that as because people were not being paid. The rumor is that Nick Mason found the money to keep the event on