PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Anyone out there? - 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

fatman
14th December 2006, 15:29
I thought I would restart the 'is anyone here' thread.

My off season has been so busy with work and family I have hardly noticed there is no racing on the weekend. I didn't renew my motogp.com subscription for the off season but might do so for christmas holidays. Would be nice to rewatch 2006 before 2007 starts.

MrJan
14th December 2006, 23:17
My internet time is getting more and more limited (like a number of us) I'm also still struggling to get used to the new forum lay out. The old one was the only internet forum I'd used properly so kinda got used to it.

Hope that everyone else is having a good time as they spend all their money on Christmas presents and with any luck we'll be buzzing with forumers by the time the new season starts :up:

harsha
15th December 2006, 08:34
not too many people coming over now!!! but i reckon people will start to come once the start of the next season comes......

jim mcglinchey
16th December 2006, 16:21
Why oh why can the publisher never get Motocourse out for Christmas. It is not even mentioned on Amazon yet, whereas the F1 book Autocourse has been available since the end of Nov. C'mon people, get the fingers out!

Donney
16th December 2006, 18:01
I'm here but since there are no races there's not much to talk about.

maxu05
17th December 2006, 01:21
Hi everyone, I am still here, though, last time I tried to log in, I was informed that the forum had moved to url.blah,blah,blah and I couldn't log in. It is always very quiet here during the off season, but it will pick up when the teams start testing at the end of January, so hang in there. I hope you all have a great Christmas and that the New year brings you happiness and good health. It's nice to be back.

jim mcglinchey
19th December 2006, 16:00
Why oh why can the publisher never get Motocourse out for Christmas. It is not even mentioned on Amazon yet, whereas the F1 book Autocourse has been available since the end of Nov. C'mon people, get the fingers out!

Anyone who buys or even looks at the Motocourse review of the year will know that the GP championship winner always, always appears on the cover. How come then that in the pre-release ad on Play.com, Rossi on the Camel Yam appears. Is ths another snub for Nicky? Is it a mistake? Or do I have I too much spare time?

patnicholls
20th December 2006, 00:13
I'm back, I see you've all been keeping out of mischief (aside from the Westy contingent, over there in the corner making noises :) ).

And good to see the usual names returning, there's always a worry when you go to a new forum that people will disappear.

Any year now I'll put some photos from my travels - this time I went to Prague, Vienna & Budapest - up for people to look at...

NinjaMaster
20th December 2006, 11:40
I'm back, I see you've all been keeping out of mischief (aside from the Westy contingent, over there in the corner making noises :) ).

And good to see the usual names returning, there's always a worry when you go to a new forum that people will disappear.

Any year now I'll put some photos from my travels - this time I went to Prague, Vienna & Budapest - up for people to look at...

Glad to see ya back safe and sound Pat. Hope the trip was good. As for making noise, as if we Westy fans would get up to any mischief. :erm:

Anyone who buys or even looks at the Motocourse review of the year will know that the GP championship winner always, always appears on the cover. How come then that in the pre-release ad on Play.com, Rossi on the Camel Yam appears. Is ths another snub for Nicky? Is it a mistake? Or do I have I too much spare time?

I think that is suckful. The cover on amazon.com shows Rossi as well which I think is pretty pathetic. Fair enough that Rossi is the biggest name in the sport but if they MUST have him on the cover, at least have him following Hayden who beat him this year.

fatman
22nd December 2006, 15:27
Is anyone asking for motorcycle or motorcycle racing presents for christmas (assuming you celebrate christmas or were good enough to get presents) ?

I asked for a Ducati Hypertard, but I don't think it will happen.

jim mcglinchey
22nd December 2006, 16:24
Im getting a subscription for Classic Bike magazine. Maybe I ll be inspired to work on my own " classics ".

NinjaMaster
29th December 2006, 13:15
Is anyone asking for motorcycle or motorcycle racing presents for christmas (assuming you celebrate christmas or were good enough to get presents) ?

I asked for a Ducati Hypertard, but I don't think it will happen.
I got L-brackets for a pack rack for my bike which will come in handy. Thank-you Santa! :)

Well, sincerely hope everyone had an enjoyable and safe Christmas and I wish you all the best for the New Year.

God bless.

Clint.

tha_jackal
30th December 2006, 06:55
...Well, sincerely hope everyone had an enjoyable and safe Christmas and I wish you all the best for the New Year.

God bless.

Just carrying on the christmas wishes, happy holidays to all who have participated on this forum, the best biking discussion on the net :up:

Anyway, peace, and have a good one ;)

Jake.

fatman
30th December 2006, 18:20
I'm killing some holiday time by playing MotoGP 06 on my xbox 360. Anyone else play this game? It's a lot of fun although a little frustrating. I find the pro level too easy but the champion level too hard. I'm either miles ahead of everyone in the race or miles behind. The AI is a improvement over the 04 version of the game but I find they still tend to just run me over if I'm in a pack.

Also playing Gears of War which is pretty outstanding as far as graphics and gameplay go, although it's almost too violent for me. "-)

ChrisS
30th December 2006, 19:15
I have motoGP 06 for the xbox360 but I didnt play the game much yet, This is the first THQ MotoGP game I played and to be honest I liked the namco MotoGP games for the PS2 and PSP better. the bad thing about the PSP motoGP game is that it has only 8 circuits

BTW There is a new world superbike game in the making for the PS2 and PSP, its called "SBK'07 - Superbike World Championship" and its developed by Milestone Studios the company that developed the SBK games for EA Sports (SBK2001 is IMHO the best bike racing game ever)

patnicholls
30th December 2006, 22:03
I'm quite enjoying the Christmas party season, although overindulged last night. Whoops.

I got the WSB 2005 review DVD for Christmas amongst other things, and the Daijiro Kato tribute book.

Yeah, best wishes to you all for Christmas and New Year, it looks like most of the regulars has made it over from the old forum. Although actually Matt's not here yet...

jim mcglinchey
31st December 2006, 00:45
OK the panics over and the letter to the editor can be binned. I got the new Motocourse today and on the cover's a great frontal shot of a hard charging Nicky. As usual its a fantastic book, with loads of reading from lots of different viewpoints on the personalities, the bikes, the money, the politics, everything. The photography is just amazing and I especially admire the way that the chapter on each race is announced with a double-page photo that beautifully defines that event.

Heres their all important top ten men of the year.
1 ) Rossi. He won 5 races after all
2 ) Hayden. The last time the champ was not top of this list was Alex Criville on 99
3) Loris. Natch
4) Dani
5) Marco
6) Troy, and this is the first time that a superbike rider has appeared in their list.
7 ) Chris Verm'en
8) A resurgent Kennr Jr
9) Casey crasher
10) No, not Jorge but Alvaro Bautista from the 125's.

I also got the Vaentino Rossi :Legend book but its very disappointing. Other than a section on his bikes, there is actually very little to look at amongst the 440 odd pages.

patnicholls
5th January 2007, 22:57
That is an interesting list above from Motocourse, although they've got it about right!

Has anyone seen Matt or leopard since we got back? They're the ones missing I think so far of the regulars.

tha_jackal
6th January 2007, 04:19
Thats a good question Pat.. I think I saw leopard post once on the new forum but I havnt seen Matt make an appearance.. I assume hes a busy boy, working for Honda and all.. And its not like its hard to find.. Still in the same place.. They'll be back ;)

fatman
17th January 2007, 15:29
buwang.

motogp testing starts soon. wsbk is back testing. the days are getting a little longer again (here anyway). winter is almost over. yeah.

mx311
19th January 2007, 06:35
Thats a good question Pat.. I think I saw leopard post once on the new forum but I havnt seen Matt make an appearance.. I assume hes a busy boy, working for Honda and all.. And its not like its hard to find.. Still in the same place.. They'll be back ;)
Good guess Jake, yep I've been busy of late, nice to know I've been missed. :)

I've been trying to set up home in Barcelona, get everything together for our junior program for '07, working with the kids at the track etc. Plus, I've spent alot of time with friends (especially the riders like Joan, Toni and Fonsi) because once the season starts that becomes harder). On top of all of that I've had my 3 year old god-daughter to look after a bit lately which is nice but time consuming. :laugh:

Anyway, I'm still very busy but I will try to post whenever I get the chance, it just won't be as often as it used to be.

Btw, I don't know how you all feel about it, but I HATE the new forum, hate it with a passion. I miss the old one. :angryfire

leopard
19th January 2007, 07:30
hello all,
i wish all of you are fine, nice to see Matt get back here also, hoping you to post more like used to do.

i try to visit this forum as much i can but it likely will not as often to post message, it's almost no time to spare at all to do anything like to have fun with you all here, other than doing my reguler job.

this new look seems i have to learn more to get used with as the old version, i maybe an older version lover too, but this forum is still great.

leopard

tha_jackal
19th January 2007, 08:07
Nice to see you guys back contributing to one of the best biker forums on the net ;) :up:

Oh and Matt, whats wrong with the new forum??

fatman
19th January 2007, 15:34
The new forum is fine, but it is different. People don't like change. When you're used to a button being in a certain spot, you don't like it when the button moves.

Anyway, good to see Matt and Leopard surfacing for air.

NinjaMaster
20th January 2007, 05:02
Good guess Jake, yep I've been busy of late, nice to know I've been missed. :)

I've been trying to set up home in Barcelona, get everything together for our junior program for '07, working with the kids at the track etc. Plus, I've spent alot of time with friends (especially the riders like Joan, Toni and Fonsi) because once the season starts that becomes harder). On top of all of that I've had my 3 year old god-daughter to look after a bit lately which is nice but time consuming. :laugh:

Anyway, I'm still very busy but I will try to post whenever I get the chance, it just won't be as often as it used to be.

Btw, I don't know how you all feel about it, but I HATE the new forum, hate it with a passion. I miss the old one. :angryfire

hello all,
i wish all of you are fine, nice to see Matt get back here also, hoping you to post more like used to do.

i try to visit this forum as much i can but it likely will not as often to post message, it's almost no time to spare at all to do anything like to have fun with you all here, other than doing my reguler job.

this new look seems i have to learn more to get used with as the old version, i maybe an older version lover too, but this forum is still great.

leopard

Weak excuses! :laugh:
Hehe, it's good to see you boys back. As for the new forum, I find it a bit easier to use (replies, etc) but liked the look and feel of the old forum a bit better.

harsha
20th January 2007, 08:32
the season cant get there fast enough

NinjaMaster
22nd January 2007, 12:34
Absobloodylutely!!! All the major series look like being absolute crackers. We could be on for the greatest single year of motorcycle racing ever seen. Or it could be a downright disappointment :) .

tha_jackal
22nd January 2007, 12:37

Its shocking isnt it! At least we've got some testing to tide us over now!

When nothing was happening i was going insane!! :laugh:

Ninja, wheres your fantasy team?? Lets get it up, wanna see what im up against! ;)

NinjaMaster
22nd January 2007, 12:58
Its shocking isnt it! At least we've got some testing to tide us over now!

When nothing was happening i was going insane!! :laugh:

Ninja, wheres your fantasy team?? Lets get it up, wanna see what im up against! ;)
All in good time my friend. ;)

Still talking to provisional sponsors and finalising rider contracts but I haven't had the time (or energy) recently to give it my full attention yet. Expect an announcement in the near future. :up: :D

leopard
25th January 2007, 08:43
Most of top F1 teams of last year have officially announced their color and driver line-up for this year :)

I will come up with my team later, still have yet to see Matt's posts (?)

MrJan
25th January 2007, 21:51
Thankfully I'm a rally fan so my winter break only lasts 6 weeks. Still I can't wait until it's all on, nothing beats sitting down at 12 on a Sunday afternoon safe in the knowledge that you can watch motorsport until 4 or 5 (albeit including what usually turns out to be a weak F1 race) :D

maxu05
27th January 2007, 00:58
Hi All, I havn't been around for a while due to work commitments and the Earthquake made it impossible to get to some sites, but it seems to be back to normal. I preferred the old style of the forum, but I thimk we will all adjust to the new style soon enough. I also can't wait for the season to get under way, and look forward to chatting with you all about the season as it unfolds. I hope you had a great X-mas and New Years. I will be celebrating the Chinese New Year in February, so there is yet more partying for me soon. Hope you are all well and in good spirit. John

patnicholls
27th January 2007, 01:34
Welcome back, John!

Yeah it's good to see that everyone now looks to have made it over to the new forum, was a bit fearful that we'd lose some folk in the change.

Many of us had got used to the style of the old forum yeah, but in terms of functionality and speed, this one is miles better which is why it was upgraded. We also look to have got rid of the spammers which had started plagueing the old forum - as a Mod I get to see a few extra things to you guys (from up on my cloud :D ) including just how much rubbish we were getting rid of every day from the old forum. And since this new one came in I've not done any tidying up really. Much better!

------------------------

I'm raring for the season to get going, am in my "everything's really open this year" phase, and well looking forward to things starting.

If you haven't seen them before, try and get in front of a TV for the 250s and World Supersport, as well as the main classes - both classes are looking very strong for this season. And the 125s (traditionally my favourite class) will be good too with a changing of the guard and new faces coming to the fore. You can also watch your boys for the Fantasy League.

Also, I hate using the 'C' word as there are other forums for that stuff, but if you have time to watch some Car racing, give GP2 and the Renault World Series a look - GP2 supports Formula 1 and you get to see the bright talents racing fairly, before their talent gets hidden by the machine they're in in F1. They have an aero package that allows overtaking and everything! :p

harsha
27th January 2007, 03:47
i like the Alt-S feature for the quick reply in this forum though,

harsha
27th January 2007, 15:26
hey why no grid girls :p :,no one following in Matt's footsteps :bigcry: :p :

maxu05
28th January 2007, 02:25
I will get the grid girls up and running again, as I was one of the ring leaders in the grid girl capers. And just for Jim, I promise no bow wows or horses heads :laugh:

eliser
28th January 2007, 17:40
hello. I'm fatman's wife. he convinced me to join to see if i could make a fantasy team that can beat his. I don't know much about racing but really enjoyed going to mugello last year.

leopard
29th January 2007, 07:56
That earthquaqe also disturbed our internet connection to access international site, until now it hasn't got fully recovered, so for a while we can only play local site.

Btw welcome back John, and eliser welcome to forum and try to post more about racing or anything. If you feel enjoy watching the race live at Mugello i think it will not take long time to love motorsport wholly, and always ask Fatman advice for it :)

tha_jackal
5th February 2007, 06:53
Welcome to all the newcomers that have joined the forum, glad to see numbers re-establishing after the move. Just thought Id bump this thread back up as if used to be the thread of the previous forum :laugh: :) . Anyway, hope everyones well, the seasons racing is not too far away now, cant wait..

patnicholls
6th February 2007, 01:48
Well, we still need this thread, cos any off-topic stuff can go in here without it getting in the way, and it also reminds those of us who've been here a long time of when there was hardly anyone on here and it felt like a bit of ghost town.

Thankfully things are much better now, and it's good to see members old and new posting here, as ever! :)

We're still a bit small compared with some of the other forums, but I think the standards over here are great - I don't have to delete anything!

Slight news this end - I'm doing a karting championship this year, just an indoor thing but should be good to get back into it (I ran my uni karting team and motorsport club when I was there). Will keep you guys posted with how I'm getting on!

tha_jackal
6th February 2007, 02:40
Best of luck pat :up:

harsha
6th February 2007, 03:24
yup this thread is a forum institution....[ :D ]

maxu05
6th February 2007, 06:07
It wouldn't be the same without this thread. Good luck with the karting Pat, hope you do well. Well, it's still a little quiet here, but I am sure it will be busy when the official tests get under way, and the 1st race kicks off. Is anyone subscribing to motogp.com for the coverage ? I must get moving on signing up myself.

tha_jackal
6th February 2007, 09:01
You cant subscribe to the full season yet, only pre-season, which is a WASTE of time.. I cant believe buying the full season package doesnt cover pre-season, its a joke..

MrJan
6th February 2007, 23:22
I remember when I first started posting on the forum and I came across the motorcycle bit which had hardly any active threads, just one that had only 4 or 5 guys in it posting random chit chat and pics of grid girls. It was a refreshing change from the endless stream of arguments in the F1 and to an extent WRC forums. Nice that the feeling continues even though there are significantly more members posting, just a shame the grid girl pics have died out since Matt got his new job :cheese:

fatman
6th February 2007, 23:44
You cant subscribe to the full season yet, only pre-season, which is a WASTE of time.. I cant believe buying the full season package doesnt cover pre-season, its a joke..

I subscribed to the pre-season and feel a little ripped off. I figured I would spend the winter break re-watching the 2006 season but that hasn't happened.

patnicholls
7th February 2007, 01:13
It's a bit quiet here, but pretty good for off-season compared with previously.

We do have the (some would say) advantage over some of the other forums that we don't have politics to worry and whinge about :p , so things only really get going on here when the racing starts. Certain other series do have a seemingly endless series of woes, which we just don't have, which is maybe one of the reasons why it's very good-natured in here.

---------------------------------

Speaking of karting - today the team I set up when I was at uni won their first ever race in the British Uni Karting Championship (no small achievement - there are guys in there who've done well in Formula Renault, the Infiniti Pro Series which supports IndyCar racing, GT racing and a guy who won a racing-themed reality TV show in the past). I am a happy bunny - even though I finished at Oxford two-and-a-half years ago - as the effort I put in setting everything up has been carried on by others and they're now getting the rewards :D

harsha
7th February 2007, 05:47
congrats.... :D

maxu05
7th February 2007, 05:57
Ok, here are some grid girls to get the ball rolling.

maxu05
7th February 2007, 05:59
Doh! I'll try again later, though, if you click on the pic, it does get bigger.

maxu05
7th February 2007, 06:03
Try again, here goes.

maxu05
7th February 2007, 06:07
AAAHHHHHHH! Oh well, back to the drawing board. I miss the old forum, it was easier for a computer illiterate lol.

harsha
7th February 2007, 12:33
keep em coming :s mokin:

MrJan
8th February 2007, 23:34
:up: Now it REALLY feels like the forum switch is complete :cheese:

NinjaMaster
12th February 2007, 08:38
Here's a few more.
http://www.hopperracing.com/gallery/gallery_images/13/Girl_06GP03_1872_AN.jpg
http://www.hopperracing.com/gallery/gallery_images/13/Girl_06GP09_2694_AN.jpg
http://www.hopperracing.com/gallery/gallery_images/13/Girls_05GP15_1761_AN.jpg

This lot were told Colin Edwards was nearby! :laugh:
http://www.hopperracing.com/gallery/gallery_images/13/Girls_06GP08_3105_AN.jpg

harsha
12th February 2007, 13:47
great.......... :cheese:

MrJan
13th February 2007, 23:57
Here's a few more.
[This lot were told Colin Edwards was nearby! :laugh:
http://www.hopperracing.com/gallery/gallery_images/13/Girls_06GP08_3105_AN.jpg

If riot police looked like that I'm sure they'd be a lot more crime on the streets. I know I'd be smashing up the town :laugh:

NinjaMaster
14th February 2007, 13:02
If riot police looked like that I'm sure they'd be a lot more crime on the streets. I know I'd be smashing up the town :laugh:
That's the funniest thing I've heard for ages! :up:

harsha
28th February 2007, 08:03
If riot police looked like that I'm sure they'd be a lot more crime on the streets. I know I'd be smashing up the town

:up:

maxu05
28th February 2007, 08:15
Knowing my luck, I would be arrested and find out they were all lesbians :laugh:

harsha
28th February 2007, 09:32
that wont be your luck,that'll be Sete's luck :p :

jim mcglinchey
28th February 2007, 09:37
Ha ha. Speaking of which, has Sete totally dropped off the radar or are there any good rumours flying about?

tha_jackal
28th February 2007, 09:49
Ha ha. Speaking of which, has Sete totally dropped off the radar or are there any good rumours flying about?

Sete has retired from racing, period.. He wont be coming back.. Although i did read Sito Pons tried to form a new Yamaha GP team, backed by telefonica and with Sete Gibernau as the rider.. Rumourdley, Yamaha blocked the move due to the choice of rider .. They do say Rossi runs the show down there at Yammsville ;)

harsha
28th February 2007, 12:45
get this stickied,this thread is a forum institution.... :cheese:

maxu05
1st March 2007, 02:09
It certainly is Harsha, though it is a bit quiet these days. I expect it will pick up as the season gets under way, when we will have more topics to talk about. Anyone that logs into motogp.com, motolive.com or crash.net can testify, there is not much news at present. Once the flag drops, the news and rumours will shift into top gear, and we will have much to discuss I am sure.

maxu05
1st March 2007, 02:22
Hi there Ryan, hows the wife and the little un ?

fatman
1st March 2007, 03:00
Hi John. The family is doing great. I've been telling my daughter all about the pre-season tests, but she's only 7 months old so she doesn't really understand yet. My wife however has finally figured out that WSBK and MotoGP are different leagues so we've made some progress there. :-)

maxu05
1st March 2007, 03:05
:laugh: I have been trying to explain the difference between Motogp and WSBK to Helen for 2 years now. She tells me they all look the same to her. Good to see all is well. 7 months, Wow ! It seems like only yesterday that you gave us the good news mate. All the best :up:

leopard
1st March 2007, 03:57
Sete has retired from racing, period.. He wont be coming back.. Although i did read Sito Pons tried to form a new Yamaha GP team, backed by telefonica and with Sete Gibernau as the rider.. Rumourdley, Yamaha blocked the move due to the choice of rider .. They do say Rossi runs the show down there at Yammsville ;)

worthy...what if we start with rumour mill?

maxu05
1st March 2007, 06:15
That would be cool, but our main contributor was Matt/mx311, and he will only be dropping in every now and then. It sounds as though he has his hands full for now. It would be great to hear from him, see what he's been up to. Start the thread Leopard, by all means, but you need something to report, that's the hard part.

maxu05
1st March 2007, 06:43
I have been checking out the forum at least 3 times a day of late, and I see that we have many visitors to the forum, but little by way of posting. My message to all the forum visitors is to get in there and have a go. Maybe you are new to the scary world of motorcycle racing, or you are just shy. Well, we don't bite over here, and we value your opinions, questions and your input, so don't be shy, just drop in and say hello. Just let us know that you appreciate the world of motorcycle racing, and we will be happy. That's all for now, enjoy the racing. maxu05/john

leopard
1st March 2007, 11:05
It's good everything fixed and see you more often here John, i dont think i would be ready to start rumour thread, i hope some-one can make it, MX311 drove this point home.

mx311
2nd March 2007, 04:57
That would be cool, but our main contributor was Matt/mx311, and he will only be dropping in every now and then. It sounds as though he has his hands full for now. It would be great to hear from him, see what he's been up to.
Nice to know I'm missed around here. I have been super busy with work but even more than that I now have my three year old God-daughter with me too since her mom died and I became the legal guardian. Her name is Ava and I love her to death but man, three year olds are hard work. :eek:

Anyway, I will keep dropping by whenever I can, I mean I need to ensure that we stay the course on the 'War on Hodgsonism', we can't afford any troop withdrawls. :laugh:

As for the rumour mill, Pat started it, it was one of the first posts on the new board, it's just no one has posted anything in it, http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112664 Perhaps I should fix that. ;)

maxu05
2nd March 2007, 05:29
Great to hear from you Matt. I am sure Ava is in good hands mate, and all the best of health and good fortune for you both. I'm glad that I have some support in the war against Hodgsonism (such an evil cult), and we look forward to seeing your posts when you have the time. I think we all understand your situation, and I'm sure our thoughts are with you mate.
All the best buddy.

NinjaMaster
2nd March 2007, 10:14
Great to hear from you Matt. I am sure Ava is in good hands mate, and all the best of health and good fortune for you both. I'm glad that I have some support in the war against Hodgsonism (such an evil cult), and we look forward to seeing your posts when you have the time. I think we all understand your situation, and I'm sure our thoughts are with you mate.
All the best buddy.
My best wishes were with Matt too John until I read that he gets a Honda for free! :mad: Well, I guess that's all they're worth! :laugh: Good to hear you're goin well Matt and good luck looking after the little one. At least she will be protected from those evil Hodgsonites :eek:

maxu05
2nd March 2007, 17:23
Matts back, but has his hands full at the moment. Leopard is here, posting away as usual. I'm here, see, I'm waving :wave:

harsha
2nd March 2007, 18:14
where are the pro hogsonists :p :

maxu05
2nd March 2007, 18:18
Does that mean the bike will be out of the dust covers soon Ryan ?

maxu05
2nd March 2007, 18:49
Totally Left Field, but that's what this thread is about.
I just entered the Simulation Forums TRD3 V8 Supercar challenge and the DTM challenge. I have had this game for nearly a year, and have become bored with it, as I have nobody to play, but, now I can at least challenge some forum members. I have also grown bored of the Tourist Trophy (Motorcycle Sim), as it is quite limited in the bikes, tracks etc. I hope they upgrade these games with the arrival of the PS3. Thoughts anyone ?

fatman
2nd March 2007, 21:05
Totally Left Field, but that's what this thread is about.
I just entered the Simulation Forums TRD3 V8 Supercar challenge and the DTM challenge. I have had this game for nearly a year, and have become bored with it, as I have nobody to play, but, now I can at least challenge some forum members. I have also grown bored of the Tourist Trophy (Motorcycle Sim), as it is quite limited in the bikes, tracks etc. I hope they upgrade these games with the arrival of the PS3. Thoughts anyone ?

Yeah, get an xbox !

Forza Motorsport 2 will be out soon and they have the best MotoGP game availalbe. If you own these two titles there is no need for any other racing sims.

ChrisS
2nd March 2007, 22:32
Namco's MotoGP games for the Playstation are better than THQ's games for the Xbox. Though I don't know if there going to be any new MotoGP games for the PS3, MotoGP 07 was recently announced for the XBox 360

Also the new SBK07 game was confined for all consoles and PC

fatman
3rd March 2007, 00:55
The xbox game is better (IMHO) than the playstation because the xbox controller has a proper trigger rather than just a finger button. It lets you roll on/off the throttle and brakes easier.

maxu05
3rd March 2007, 07:33
The anologue controlls on the PS2 are fine for rolling on and off the throttle, as long as you don't swing on them like a retarded ape, like I have seen some people do. I watch my friend lean his whole body trying to take a 60kph corner at 200kph +, only to tell me that the car is no good, need something faster ?
Here are some of the games I have, they are so cheap here ($0.75 each).
TTSuperbike, Cresent Suzuki Racing, Motogp 3 and 4, Tourist Trophy, RS and RS2 motorcycle racing, F1 2003, Grand Prix Challenge, IHRA Drag Racing, Indycar Series 2006, Nascar 2005, WRC3, Colin Mcrae Rally 4, Richard Burns Rally, Sega Rally 2006, Grand Tourismo 3 and 4, Super Trucks. I have many more driving games, but the rest are not worth mentioning, as well as many other non racing games. What games do you have ?

maxu05
3rd March 2007, 08:50
Is anyone interested in having a Simulated racing championship ? Like I said in an earlier post, I'm in the V8 Supercar and DTM championships in the Simulations forum, so perhaps we could do something similar. We could do it with Tourist Trophy, or Motogp 3 or 4 perhaps. What are your thoughts ?

ChrisS
3rd March 2007, 17:16
BTW John if you want a Tourist Trophy style game may I suggest Super-Bikes: Riding Challenge. It's similar to TT in concept.

It has about 40 bikes, the "basics" like Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Ducati, smaller brands like MV Agusta and Triumph and some really rare bikes like Benelli, and you race on several real tracks like Laguna and Assen as well as the countryside and cities

I'm not sure this game was a worldwide release I think it was Europe only but If you can find it (especially for $0.75) then you should give it a go

maxu05
4th March 2007, 13:27
Thanks mate, I'll keep an eye out for that. How does it rate for realism ?
I have a game called "TT Superbikes, real road racing", could this be the same game ? I thought of Motogp 3/4 and Tourist Trophy first, as I thought they would be games that most might have. I am just trying to find out if it would be worthwhile running a series at this stage, if enough people have PS2/X Box or PC game of the same, we could make something happen. Cheers

patnicholls
6th March 2007, 22:29
It's buzzing in here at the minute, haven't even had time to read all the threads like usual, great stuff!

maxu05
7th March 2007, 05:22
Where are the Pckems ? The first race is only 2 1/2 days away. Remember the race is on Saturday this round. I hope we don't miss the picks.

harsha
7th March 2007, 05:46
wish i could join you but,too busy at the moment

maxu05
7th March 2007, 13:51
WEll, after a bit of a panick, the Official Pickems are off and running. Thanks must go to Pino and to Puddlejumper for getting it up and running. Have a beer on us guys and thank you.

leopard
8th March 2007, 08:07
The pickems fixed running now, thanks

The show must go on, might you still want running the 125 class? :)

MrJan
8th March 2007, 23:51
Talking of computer games I too have Tourist Trophy. I thought it was great at first but after having won all the races and got all the powerful and fun bikes I sort of stopped playing it. All I do now is the odd lap around the Nurburgring on whatever takes my fancy.

Recently spent out on an xBox 360 too, that's a fancy piece of kit. No bike games yet but I do have Project Gotham Racing 3 which looks and sounds absolutely amazing and has some interesting cars on it. Also bought Test Drive Unlimited today which although not a great looking or playing game sounds gorgeous and has the Hawaian island Oahu to drive around. In other words miles and miles of round and some beautiful sounding machinery to race on them :D

Finally nice to see Matt popping in despite what is obviously a busy schedule :up:

maxu05
9th March 2007, 11:23
Just logged in, and saw that I was the only forum member here, but there were 8 guests. If you are a guest to the forum, consider becoming a member, then you can have your say, post your racing/motorcycling experiences, and share your life adventures with a great bunch of people from around the world. Don't be shy, we have experts and novices alike over here, and we all respect each other. So, give it a go. maxu05/John

NinjaMaster
9th March 2007, 14:54
What novices John? We're all experts in here! :) I agree that all you lurkers out there should sign up amd join in. Especially if you're Australian because there aren't enough Aussies on this forum. :s tareup:

fatman
9th March 2007, 23:06
It feels a little bit like Christmas eve today. I plan on going to be early so that I can be sure to wake up in time to watch the motogp race at 6am tomorrow morning. Good times.

maxu05
10th March 2007, 05:10
I just hope I get to watch it, BLOODY MOTOGP.COM is giving me a headache :angryfire

harsha
14th March 2007, 06:02
Casey Stoner and the Ducs.... :D

fatman
14th March 2007, 13:43
Were the results of the official Qatar pickems posted?

harsha
14th March 2007, 21:40
yea posted now,check the results in the pickems sub forum

tha_jackal
15th March 2007, 00:26
yea posted now,check the results in the pickems sub forum

I see.. Cool, im twelfth.. Well, not that cool actually, at least the results are up :)

NinjaMaster
15th March 2007, 12:22
Figured I'd celebrate the 100th reply for this thread with some eye candy. Especially seeing as Jake missed it on the 100th post. :mad:

http://images.motogp.com/multimedia2/474/474603_87742.jpg

http://images.motogp.com/multimedia2/451/451628_91424.jpg

http://images.motogp.com/multimedia2/457/457432_70829.jpg

harsha
15th March 2007, 12:32
keep em coming,always got to maintain the tradition,that's what i say :cheese: :s mokin:

NinjaMaster
15th March 2007, 12:37
In fact, that can also celebrate the fact I'm on top of the MotoGP pickems! Yay!!! :champion: Perhaps I should retire now?

maxu05
15th March 2007, 13:14
What a great way to celebrate any occasion :up:

tha_jackal
15th March 2007, 13:21
Figured I'd celebrate the 100th reply for this thread with some eye candy. Especially seeing as Jake missed it on the 100th post.

I didnt realise that was mandatory :confused: .. Anyways.. May aswell add some to the collection, make up for my apparent oversight

http://images.motogp.com/multimedia2/480/480150_92280.jpg

http://images.motogp.com/multimedia2/480/480145_11837.jpg

:D :eek:

NinjaMaster
15th March 2007, 13:48
I didnt realise that was mandatory :confused: ..

It's law. Violations are punishable by death. Consider yourself warned. :)

tha_jackal
15th March 2007, 13:54
It's law. Violations are punishable by death. Consider yourself warned. :)

And no comment on my pics, im dissapointed, to busy with all these death threats flying around, i feel so loved :p :D

harsha
15th March 2007, 13:55
nope jake's got a pardon.... :p :

NinjaMaster
15th March 2007, 13:58
And no comment on my pics, im dissapointed, to busy with all these death threats flying around, i feel so loved :p :D
*says in trance* "I like Alex Design".

And anyway, I don't remember you commenting on my celebrations. Intimidated by my current pickems superiority huh? :laugh:

patnicholls
16th March 2007, 02:05
Just thought I'd pop in, have been pretty busy of late and so has this forum, looking great with new names coming in.

And Clint has posted my favourite grid girl up there, the Repsol Honda lady!

NinjaMaster
17th March 2007, 00:12
And a fine choice it is too, Pat. :up:

It is great to see so many new names on this board and all are adding contructively to it, no trouble makers. Fantastic!

maxu05
17th March 2007, 15:03
HI all, just thought I would let you know, I have my new computer and I'm very happy :bounce: Everything runs faster, and I have so much more memory for downloading grid girls now :D

harsha
18th March 2007, 10:08
seen my idols yesterday live.....IRON MAIDEN :bounce:

patnicholls
21st March 2007, 01:30
That's cool Harsha, I saw the mighty Maiden at Leeds Festival in 2005. They're not up there with my favourites, but very good live if you're in the mood.

In other news, I started my indoor karting championship on Sunday, am in third behind two kids who were the top dogs in the series last year, but I reckon I can give them a run for their money. :D

I'm still on here pretty often, but have been distracted by the time-sapper that is Facebook, so haven't been posting as much at the min.

tha_jackal
21st March 2007, 09:44

Speaking of seeing your idols in concert, im talking, favorite band EVER, I saw MUSE this year in Feb.. Was the best night of my life, hehehe, rocked..

MrJan
23rd March 2007, 21:39
I saw Muse last August in a really cool open air venue. Far better than that though is that I have tickets to watch them at Wembley Stadium later this year, not only a pilgrimage to the home of English football but a chance to see one of the most kick ass bands of the moment play a stadium gig, it's going to be brilliant :bounce: :D

patnicholls
27th March 2007, 23:51
I saw Muse at Leeds Festival in 2002, for reasons best known to myself I haven't seen them again since. It was a quality live show :D

maxu05
31st March 2007, 03:07

Thanks for that mate, I feel really old now, I saw Iron Maiden in Sydney in the 80's :bigcry: Now, where did I put my walking stick ?

harsha
31st March 2007, 21:34
i think they might come to china,not sure though,think i saw it on the official website or something like that

NinjaMaster
6th April 2007, 14:43
I get on this forum tonite and (eventually) notice I have a private message. How could that be from I wonders. Open it up and it's a stinking spammer (who had been banned). Boooo. Got my hopes up for nothing.

Anyway, hope everyone has an enjoyable and safe Easter and to the lucky Poms who get to see it, enjoy the first round of the BSB. You'll need it seeing as how the English cricket team still suck. ;)

ChrisS
14th April 2007, 23:01
Good news for PS2 motoGP gamers. MotoGP 07 is coming this fall.

Capcom now owns the rights for MotoGP on PlayStation, I hope their game is as good as the Namco PS2 MotoGP games were

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6169089.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;1

maxu05
15th April 2007, 03:12
Good news for PS2 motoGP gamers. MotoGP 07 is coming this fall.

Capcom now owns the rights for MotoGP on PlayStation, I hope their game is as good as the Namco PS2 MotoGP games were

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6169089.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;1

When is fall Chris ? I always get confused by this, as people from the US, Canada etc talk about fall (I believe it's Autumn), though it occurs at a different time than for those in Australia, and now I'm in China, I lose track of the seasons. What month will it be released (roughly) ? Poor old Yukio Kagayama thinks you are saying that the game will be launched during the race at Valencia (This fall) :laugh:

ChrisS
17th April 2007, 21:40
Fall is a synonym of autumn. Its called fall because thats the season leaves fall from the trees ;)

There is no precise release date yet since the game was just announced, I hope Capcom includes the 125cc and 250cc like Namco did in MotoGP4 and also add a few new things, what really disappointed me with Namco's games was that you couldn't race using your own number

BTW the World Superbike game is out on may 18th, their website went live a few days ago, in addition to game info they have real actual superbike news and photos, including umbrella girls :)

http://www.sbk07.com/pd_main.php?mode=album&album=Umbrella_girl&start=0

fatman
18th April 2007, 04:30
This thread needs more umbrella girls.

I would post some myself but my wife and daughter are in the room ;-P

NinjaMaster
18th April 2007, 14:42
Now that Capcom has the rights to MotoGP to Playstation, I reckon we should see the likes of Dahlsim, E.Honda and Blanka racing. M.Bison can be the dominant champ. :) For those who are completely confused, these are characters from the immortal Capcom game, Streetfighter II.

harsha
18th April 2007, 16:29
ryu,akuma owns all :D

maxu05
18th April 2007, 17:55
This thread needs more umbrella girls.

I would post some myself but my wife and daughter are in the room ;-P

Working on it, watch this space

patnicholls
21st April 2007, 20:55
Hey guys, just a quick one to let you know I'm having some internet troubles at home - connection's been down for nearly a week. Obviously I'll get it sorted ASAP, but it may mean a delay or two with the League updates.

I can get on briefly at work and at mate's houses (like now), so I'll try and get the scores to you from somewhere - I've not forgotten about you or anything :)

jim mcglinchey
25th April 2007, 11:09
Can anyone post a picture of Hoppers girl in her Rizla Suzook get up for me to drool over.

ChrisS
25th April 2007, 14:18
A nice pic with funny caption

it made me laugh

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/2007/mgp/turkey/1/5.htm

ChrisS
25th April 2007, 14:43
Can anyone post a picture of Hoppers girl in her Rizla Suzook get up for me to drool over.

I dont have any pics of her but I found out her name is Ashleigh

fatman
25th April 2007, 15:14
hopper's gf

http://images.motogp.com/multimedia2/537/537337_14909.jpg

ChrisS
25th April 2007, 15:36
turns out it was easier to find pics of her than I though , I just searched for girlfriend at crash.net pictures and there she was

http://pix.crash.net/view/314898.jpg

jim mcglinchey
25th April 2007, 17:42
Im in love.....

tha_jackal
26th April 2007, 03:25
yes hes a very lucky man.. :(

NinjaMaster
26th April 2007, 13:09
Clearly he is the winner out of that relationship! :D

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/2007/mgp/turkey/2/7.jpg

jim mcglinchey
27th April 2007, 00:13
Why do we never see Vale with an attractive young lady friend on his arm and what exactly is his relationship with his stooopid looking mate who's always first to greet Vale when he parks up. The guy isnt part of the team from what I can make out, he's just a flunkey from way back.

The Phantom
27th April 2007, 02:20
It's a very good question Jim!

That guy is an old friend, that's all I know. The floor is open on the other question...

ChrisS
27th April 2007, 02:25
Rossi's GF attends GPs but usually keeps a low profile, her name is Arianna Matteuzzi

topless pic of her here on vale's boat (NSFW)
http://valentinorossiworld.blogspot.com/2006/09/oh-la-la.html

BTW talking of girlfriends Sete Gibernau married girlfriend Esther Canadas a couple of weeks ago, you may remember her for minor role she had in 'The Thomas Crown Affair' with Pierce Brosnan

Also I hope Ingrid attends a few GPs latter this year

leopard
27th April 2007, 04:56
I forgot when exactly you started posting this kind of stuff, oh la la baby :D

Sete married a supernumerary in one of Borsnan film? Congrats Sete

ChrisS
27th April 2007, 09:34
yeah, I don't usually post this kind of stuff

I didn't realize it at the time but that was my 1000th post so lets consider the pic my celebration

leopard
27th April 2007, 09:50
great, let's celebrate it :wave:

leopard
15th May 2007, 04:53
ChrisS, and everyone how are you? :D

maxu05
15th May 2007, 16:37
Hi all,
I have been flat out with work lately, so I have had little opportunity to post, though, I do look in at what is happening when I get the chance. It's great to see some of the old names posting away, and it seems that there are many new names popping up as well. I will try to get back into the forum, and post more regulary, but for now, I hope you are all well, and enjoying the racing. Cheers :beer:

MrJan
15th May 2007, 19:41
I've also been busy. What with work and most of my weekends involving watching sport I haven't had a lot of spare time. Also my brother recently moved to Toronto so spent a few weeks pretty much glued to the computer and wouldn't let anyone else get near it :D As John said it's nice to see plenty of new names around here, just a shame that many of the older ones are too busy to post :)

luodanfox
28th May 2007, 05:23
Hello everyone I just came back from hospital with my husband (maxu05) ,maybe I need heart operation , I did a colour cardiogram for my heart ,and they said my heart valve is not working very well . Now I have to walk around with a heart monitor attached to me , so , if maxu05 is not here for a while bc he is looking after me .In mortogp Stoner did a good job but I still want Rossi to win the championship , go Rossi !!!!!!!!!!!!

leopard
28th May 2007, 09:43
Ni hau ma?
GO!!!!!!! was last two year's Rossi's bike, and it is now Yamaha FIAT :D

leopard
28th May 2007, 10:13
Hoping you getting well there Loudan, we will always understand if Maxu isn't here because of looking after you when being doctored.

NinjaMaster
28th May 2007, 11:02
All the best Loudan, and here's hoping that you're condition can be easily remedied. And strength to you as well, John, because I'm sure this situation isn't particularly easy for you as well.
Well, like so many here, I've been pretty busy and struggling a little to get on here to post. I'm pretty sore and stiff at the moment as I bought a mini dirtbike recently and took it trail riding on the weekend. It was great fun but I clearly need to get a lot fitter!! :D

jim mcglinchey
28th May 2007, 12:14
Hello everyone I just came back from hospital with my husband (maxu05) ,maybe I need heart operation , I did a colour cardiogram for my heart ,and they said my heart valve is not working very well . Now I have to walk around with a heart monitor attached to me , so , if maxu05 is not here for a while bc he is looking after me .In mortogp Stoner did a good job but I still want Rossi to win the championship , go Rossi !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that, hope you're better very soon.

fatman
28th May 2007, 14:31
my thoughts are with you Loudan and you John. Have strength and things will work out.

ozrevhead
28th May 2007, 14:48
Get Well Soon mate :)

luodanfox
29th May 2007, 15:23
Thanks to everyone for good wishes. I hope you all well. Tomorrow I will find out my results. I had a heart monitor on for 24hrs, with wires all over me and John said I look like a borg from star trek. He always give me some stupid name like SP(small pig ) bc I eat more than him and I give him stupid name like lamb chops , so help me find new name for my husband(maxu05) ?

tha_jackal
30th May 2007, 09:46
Good luck with your results luodan .. Maybe you could call John hulahoophater or something along those lines? :p

fatman
30th May 2007, 14:09
Over here there used to be a famous puppet called Lamp Chop (see image). I think Lamp Chop is a great name for John.

http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Park/8513/lamb-sheri.jpg

harsha
1st June 2007, 07:31
get well soon Luodanfox :)

patnicholls
8th June 2007, 17:27
Hey all, after a blackout of two months I'm back on the net at home - my ISP disasters are hopefully over!

I'll be posting properly again from next week (have been sneaking on for a quick look at work lunchtimes), moderating again (although you've all been good in my absence), and sometime next week I'll get the League back up to date with the transfers and the rounds that have happened since Le Mans.

Pat

patnicholls
9th July 2007, 00:12
Crikey, hadn't realised how far down this thread had slipped!

Anyway, yeah I've been mostly absent for quite a while so thought I'd better explain myself...

As some of you will have figured from the League thread my net went down for two months (from mid-April-June), so I popped in here very briefly at work but didn't do anything or write any posts. Then the League ground to a bit of a halt after we replaced the computer in our house with MS Office on (having lost the disk), I got that sorted today so we're back fully up to date.

Aside from that...dunno really, have just found myself busy with other stuff quite a lot this year. I've also been seeing someone on/off which has taken away some of my weekends. And recently I've decided to move jobs too.

Overall...I guess this year's like most seasons - you spend ages building up to it, then once it's going it goes really quickly and before you know it a lot of it has passed!

Anyway, I'm back about now, and the League will be back like usual and up-to-date every week again! :D

The Phantom
9th July 2007, 06:03
Good to see you back Pat.

Let's celebrate : )

http://www.mcnews.com.au/MotorcycleRacing2007/MotoGP/Rnd9_Assen/Gallery_D/images/Girl_07GP09_2541_AN.jpg

tha_jackal
9th July 2007, 09:30
Mmmm, Im liking Kawasaki more and more these days :laugh:

The Phantom
9th July 2007, 10:08
Jackal, I hear Kawasaki have an opening for 'Official Decal Fitter', send 'em your CV ; )

tha_jackal
9th July 2007, 10:10
Jackal, I hear Kawasaki have an opening for 'Official Decal Fitter', send 'em your CV ; )

Gladly! :D

tha_jackal
9th July 2007, 11:43
Decal Fitter indeed! *drools*

http://images.motogp.com/multimedia2/577/577965_8480.jpg

ChrisS
13th July 2007, 20:01
Hey whats up everyone

I've been spending most of my time at the beach lately so I havent been keeping up with what was happing in bike racing. Lots of things happened it seems (even the forum layout changed)

I'm back now and ready to spam... erm I mean contribute to the forum :p :

maxu05
13th July 2007, 20:14
Hey whats up everyone

I've been spending most of my time at the beach lately so I havent been keeping up with what was happing in bike racing. Lots of things happened it seems (even the forum layout changed)

I'm back now and ready to spam... erm I mean contribute to the forum :p :

If comedy is how you make a living Chris, I think you should get used to eating Spam mate :laugh:

tha_jackal
15th July 2007, 04:46
I cant believe the lack of comment on the 'talent' posted earlier! Normally this place goes nutty when a fine woman appears :D Maybe its due to the absense of Matt... :p

tha_jackal
15th July 2007, 18:07

Think competition for that job has just gone right up after Germany.. Ant has his own decal now! :D

http://www.kawasaki-motogp.com/images/public/press/regular/K07JKAWA030.jpg

http://www.kawasaki-motogp.com/images/public/press/regular/K07JWEST029.jpg

Westy tryin out the 'Hopper' glasses look, picked up a Spy sponsorship, same mob that sponsor the Hop meister (well duh).. maybe Monster will give Westy some support too ;)

NinjaMaster
16th July 2007, 13:20
And here we were watching the MotoGP on tele, seeing Hopkins with his ridiculous glasses and commenting on how Americans have no taste and then we see Ant wearing the same glasses. :o hplease: Oh well...

And I will reiterate, I LOVE KAWASAKI!!! :love:

mx311
19th July 2007, 07:31
Ah yes, this thread, how I've missed it. Nice to be back, and nice to be back underneath all those Kawasaki girls.

Anyway, yes I'm back. It's been a long, long time. I have been very busy of late, what with caring for a 3 year old, looking after my Junior squad, running errands for HRC at GP meetings and such I haven't had much spare time. But now it's the mid-season break. Time to sit back and do bugger all for a month or so. Well, not quite bugger all, I do have to organise a 4th birthday party. 4 year olds drink beer right? And they like strippers don't they?

Well, I hope to be able to post a bit more, at least for the next month or so until the season kicks back into gear.

Oh and to ensure this thread remains as classy as always........

http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-n-bikes/Paddock/marl/marl_babe_2961.jpg
http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-n-bikes/Paddock/marl/marl_babe_4401.jpg
http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-n-bikes/Paddock/spainfortan1.jpg
http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-n-bikes/Paddock/red%20devil/red_devil_191.jpg

Btw, I like Marlboro Ducati's new pitlane security team.

http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-n-bikes/Paddock/marl/marl_babe_0091.jpg

The Phantom
19th July 2007, 08:00
"How to make an entrance" by MX311 : )

Good to see you back Matt.

tha_jackal
19th July 2007, 09:35
Ah matt, how we've missed you ( more to the point, your posts :D ) .. welcome back buddy :up:

NinjaMaster
19th July 2007, 15:20
Nice to have ya back Matt. Hope all is well and the little one hasn't run ya too ragged. So ya had much chance to get out on those free Hondas of yours this year?

maxu05
19th July 2007, 15:34
Good to see ya back Matt. I thought maybe Billy (btracer) had converted you to some sort of evil Hogson related occult that dress up in Hodgson leathers with goat skin helmuts and run full tilt at gravel traps and roll around praising the gospels of the "Hodgson". Oh well, I did drink a lot that night :laugh: So, how are the young up and comers to bike racing going Matt ? It sounds like a very intense program that these young fellows are undergoing. If you have time, it would be good to hear a little about, HRC permitting of course. Cheers mate, see you in the forum for the break, hope you get to relax and enjoy it while it lasts. :up: John

NinjaMaster
19th July 2007, 15:48
In true HRC style, Matt will be allowed to tell us that "we are currently developing the next crop of riders and they look very promising but we can't tell you any further details than that. Thankyou for your time." :D Hehe.

ozrevhead
19th July 2007, 17:34
Men TYPICAL!

:D

Where are the grid guys? U girls need some eyecandy too you know! :P

T-D
19th July 2007, 17:57
matt, welcome back. post more often.

MrJan
19th July 2007, 22:04
Good to see you posting again Matt, especially as it's one of your world reknowned Gridgirl posts. Would be great to hear a few of you HRC stories and failing that a run down of that crazy party you're planning (watch out for those four year olds, their livers are healthy and they drink like fish ;) )

harsha
23rd July 2007, 11:53
hey all how are u guys :?:

The Phantom
24th July 2007, 05:01
Where have you been Harsha? Too busy over in F1 I suppose : )

mx311
24th July 2007, 08:29
So, how are the young up and comers to bike racing going Matt ? It sounds like a very intense program that these young fellows are undergoing. If you have time, it would be good to hear a little about, HRC permitting of course.
Well, the program caters for kids between 5 and 15 mainly and of course the program varies wildly depending on the kid but overall it's a great starting point for them and a great job for me. I work with 6 kids, for each I am the coach, mentor, trainer etc. My 6 are all doing either Junior 125cc or Junior 85cc motocross and are all doing well, so far good results, minimal injuries and good school grades. I also work a bit with the Red Bull Academy riders in the CEV road racing series and also a bit of work with the Repsol 125 and 250 GP guys. Overall a good life indeed. Oh and Clint, yes I am enjoying riding my free Honda's on a daily basis. Oh and I got to ride a RC211V too, yes a real one.

OK, enough of that........

http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-n-bikes/Paddock/A_A_A_7.jpg
http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-n-bikes/Paddock/hanush_012_babes.jpg
http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-n-bikes/Paddock/monster_434.jpg
http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-n-bikes/Paddock/normal_black2.jpg
http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-n-bikes/Paddock/normal_devil_girls_0680.jpg

NinjaMaster
24th July 2007, 11:07
Overall a good life indeed. Oh and Clint, yes I am enjoying riding my free Honda's on a daily basis. Oh and I got to ride a RC211V too, yes a real one.

Lucky mongrel!!! :s hock: You can't drop that bombshell without letting us know what it was like. Unless you forgot yourself and wrote it off, riding around the berm of the first turn! Then I could understand keeping it quiet. :laugh: Where did you get to ride it and who did you blackmail with compromising photos to get the ride? ;)

tha_jackal
24th July 2007, 11:13
Were ya ****ting yourself when u rode the RC211V Matt!?! Thats friggin awesome! :D

mx311
26th July 2007, 05:36
OK, I rode the RCV at Barcelona a few months back, six laps of the short circuit. It was a bit scary at times but huge, huge fun. A working for HRC perk. :D

Anyway, I've had a slight change to my mid-season break plans. I am now going to take Ava to see her grandparents so I won't be near a computer so this will be my last day of posting for a while. Hopefully I won't be gone for as long as last time but I'm not too sure when I'll come back.

Here's something to tide you over...

http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-n-bikes/Paddock/red%20devil/red_devil_311.jpg
http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-n-bikes/Paddock/winfield_sexy_girl.jpg
http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-n-bikes/Paddock/mv_agusta_7.jpg
http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-n-bikes/Paddock/phones_4_u.jpg

tha_jackal
26th July 2007, 15:51
:laugh: perfect note to leave us on matt, sort of similar to how you greeted us? :up:

patnicholls
28th July 2007, 00:46
A short but sweet few days back on the forum for Matt there, unfortunate for us that he's off again but he is living the dream getting to ride that RCV211!

maxu05
3rd August 2007, 03:44
Lucky bugger. Hope you drop in from time to time Matt. I have also been very busy with work, as I am now no longer on contract, but freelancing, so I have to work twice as hard. I will try to be here as much as possible though.

leopard
3rd August 2007, 06:11
Glad to see you are fine John, nobody would give comment on the pics, the blue livery looks fine.

fatman
10th August 2007, 22:35
didn't want to see this thread slip onto the second page. August is sooooo boring I almost watched a Nascar race. :-)

Xbox Live has the MotoGP 07 demo up for download. It's okay, an improvement over the MotoGP 06 game, but im undecided about actually buying the game.

ChrisS
11th August 2007, 14:40
I downloaded the demo last night (I found out you can turn off your Xbox360 and have it still downloading in the background, useful little thing)

I cant say I saw much improvement in gameplay, the pre race with all the mechanics umbrella girls etc... and the post race with parc ferme look nice though.

Also it looks like they based the team/bike performance in 06 or what was expected at the start of the season. Repsol Honda, FIAT Yamaha, top teams, Ducati a bit below, team KR midfield etc...

One thing I absolutely hate about the THQ motoGP games and is once again there in 07 is the extreme championships, what's the point? The game is MotoGP, prototype motorcycles, rather that having all these made up "production bikes" include the 125cc and 250cc classes

fatman
11th August 2007, 17:19
One thing I absolutely hate about the THQ motoGP games and is once again there in 07 is the extreme championships, what's the point? The game is MotoGP, prototype motorcycles, rather that having all these made up "production bikes" include the 125cc and 250cc classes

I agree. I would much rather have the lower classes. The bikes wouldn't need to have real riders or sponsors either.

Apparently the 07 game has lots of improvement in the AI department so that the bikes don't clump together and they don't ram/bump you all the time (as what caused me to stop playing the 06 version). This however was difficult to fully see in the demo with just one track and the AI seemingly set to EXTREMELY EASY to beat.

ChrisS
12th August 2007, 23:28
I agree. I would much rather have the lower classes. The bikes wouldn't need to have real riders or sponsors either.

Apparently the 07 game has lots of improvement in the AI department so that the bikes don't clump together and they don't ram/bump you all the time (as what caused me to stop playing the 06 version). This however was difficult to fully see in the demo with just one track and the AI seemingly set to EXTREMELY EASY to beat.

I got tired or just racing so I was just messing around and I tried to stay and race with the AI riders to see how they move but they almost don't move, it took 30 seconds to reach turn 1. also the riders spread out so much is unrealistic, in 2 laps the winner is over 2 minutes ahead of the last rider.

I also tried to give them a head start, I waited until the 1st rider reached the corkscrew (1min 45 -46 secs) and then start. I was able to pass them all and win. I wonder why they even have such an easy setting, its pointless.

BTW do you know what the rider line-up is at the full version of the game? In the demo there are 19 bikes but one is the Ilmor with Pitt and only one Kawasaki with de Puniet.

fatman
13th August 2007, 05:26
BTW do you know what the rider line-up is at the full version of the game? In the demo there are 19 bikes but one is the Ilmor with Pitt and only one Kawasaki with de Puniet.

I never noticed the full line up in the game and haven't heard any details. I assumed they would have the whole 2007 grid, including Ilmor as they were at the start of the season. I wonder if they just forgot about OJ or maybe there is a licensing conflict?

I tried tailing a few AI riders but they are simply tooo slow to tell anything about the AI's ability. They do seem much more aware of you and don't bowl you over if you slow up in front of them.

i think the demo is worth giving the game another purchase when it comes out but mostly because their really isn't any other motorcycle sim for the xbox.

mx311
20th August 2007, 12:11
didn't want to see this thread slip onto the second page.
Yeah, this thread should never, ever slip onto the second page. Personally I don't think it should drop below anymore than five or six threads. :D

Anyway, as you can see I'm back. My vacation went well, fun was had. My house (and eardrums) are still recovering from Ava's fourth birthday party last week. Man, kids don't have a volume control switch do they? :crazy: Anyway, back to work tomorrow so I'm not sure how much posting I'll be doing but I will be around.

And now the real reason anyone looks at this thread....

http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-n-bikes/Paddock/normal_shell_03.jpg
http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-n-bikes/Paddock/normal_sport.jpg
http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-n-bikes/Paddock/marlboro4155_2518014057.jpg

The Phantom
21st August 2007, 09:26
Yup!

Thanks Matt, have fun for the rest of the season.

mx311
25th August 2007, 11:47
D'oh, and things were going so well too. Yesterday one of my junior riders took a pretty major dirt sample at our practice track, knocked himself out and broke his arm. My first major crisis. Thankfully he's going to be fine and his parents didn't completely flip out when I called them and said 'Now about your son....' :laugh:

And speaking of computer games (as you guys were up the page) has anyone played the WSBK game? I gotta say, it's alot better than I was expecting. My feelings, well it's great that it's this year's riders, teams and bikes but the bad is that despite the fact it's this years schedule they left Lautsitz and Vallelunga off. Oh and Misano is the old layout. Oh yeah it's the old layout of Brands Hatch too. Oh and they final section of the Silverstone lap is the old layout too. Seriously what gives with the tracks?. And with two rounds completely missing then they should have at least included Imola from last year. :angryfire

Oh and sorry, no grid girls today. :(

ChrisS
25th August 2007, 19:03
I thought I posted my opinion about SBK 07

I bought the game when it came out back in May, I was disappointed with the graphics and sound of the game, the graphics belong to a 2003 PS2 game not a 2007 one (I bought God of War II the same day I bought SBK and the graphics of that game show the true PS2 potential). The sound of the bikes is good but the track ambiance with the generic track commentator is annoying.

The game has several errors, missing and wrong circuits as Matt said, and also missing bike sponsors, inaccurate liveries and helmets etc... and also bike power/rider ability are not very accurate, overall it gives the impression that they designed the game with 2006 in mind and then did a 2007 "conversion".

Gameplay is good and its fun to play, the game can be edited for all levels of play, I like the options that allow bike damage and rider injury so unlike most games when you can continue no matter how bad you crash, if you have a big crash your race is over, I wish you had to run back to your bike after a crash like SBK 2001 rather than magically reappearing on it. I don't know about its lap time accuracy though, I did a quick race of Brno last weekend before the MotoGP race and I did a lap time of 1:54, about 4s faster than MotoGP and 6s faster than SBK :eek:

Finally I think they could have used better looking grid girls for the loading screens :p :D

I was hopping for an improved Xbox 360 version that was supposed to come out Q4 of 2007 but it looks like they may be skipping 07 and going straight to 08 next spring
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/815/815429p2.html

On some related news, SBK-07 developers, Milestone are also the developers of the new MotoGP 07 game for the PS2, if anything this will mean both games will have a common physics platform and it will make both games more fun.

patnicholls
29th August 2007, 00:51
Hey folks, I've been away since Thursday in a tent at Leeds Festival (headliners were Smashing Pumpkins, Razorlight and the Chili Peppers), I hope you've all been good in my absence...

tha_jackal
29th August 2007, 09:22
Hey folks, I've been away since Thursday in a tent at Leeds Festival (headliners were Smashing Pumpkins, Razorlight and the Chili Peppers), I hope you've all been good in my absence...

Awesome! I love Razorlight.. Were Muse there? :confused: That woulda topped it off... Oh and the pumpkins and chillis are nothing to sneaze at either ;) Bullet with Butterfly Wings is one of my all time fave songs.. Nice stuff Pat you rock god you :laugh: :up: ..

NinjaMaster
29th August 2007, 11:22
Sounds like a pretty enjoyable little tunes session Pat. I see Jimmy Eat World and Fall Out Boy were there as well and good ol' Melbourne rockers, The Living End. Lovely. Would be pretty keen to see the Punkin's go around.

Muse weren't there Jake but they coming to town here in Novemeber. You going? My tix arrived in the mail today. Woot! I'm toying with going to Linkin Parks second concert but have just bought a car so dunno if I can afford it, especially when it's the day after MotoGP. I REALLY want Tool to come back, perhaps early next year when I have saved a bit of cash up again.

tha_jackal
29th August 2007, 11:26
Muse weren't there Jake but they coming to town here in Novemeber. You going? My tix arrived in the mail today. Woot! I'm toying with going to Linkin Parks second concert but have just bought a car so dunno if I can afford it, especially when it's the day after MotoGP. I REALLY want Tool to come back, perhaps early next year when I have saved a bit of cash up again.

I saw Muse earlier this year.. Was fantastic, you'll have a ball.. Sadly i couldn't afford tix to their latest show as i have to pay for my Phillip Island grandstand tix and im going to buy a car soon too..

Ive also seen Linkin Park before, at the Livid music festival a few years back, Living End were there too.. Rocket Science were one of my favorite acts at that festival though.. Not such a fan of Linkin or Living End anymore.. But Muse, they are great.. :)

NinjaMaster
29th August 2007, 11:37
It's funny how some 'lesser' acts end up being better live than one's you're looking forward to. I went to The Big Day Out a few years back and was real keen to see The Vines (where are they now?) and most of all Queens of the Stone Age. Sadly the sound from their stage sucked. Jimmy Eat World were there and the Foo Fighters were good but better than all of 'em were Jebediah. Dallas Crane were entertaining as well. Pacifier (now Shihad - again) were excellent and I liked The Living End. It was the only good year I could be bothered going to since.

NinjaMaster
29th August 2007, 13:16
By the way Jake, what stand are you in for the GP? I'm in the Bass Strait Stand. Anyone else going? We are toying with the idea of getting custom t-shirts supporting a rider as there is a largish group of us going and we're sick of seeing Rossi the only one with big groups of dressed up fans (not having a go at Vale, just like to see Aussies support their own).

tha_jackal
29th August 2007, 13:23
Im still not sure what stand! We have to book asap, just gotta get it all decided with the group im going with.. But GenAd last year wasnt so great, so we want to go for the grandstand, better view, seating etc.. Are you going for the entire weekend? I think we might just go for Sat/Sun..

NinjaMaster
29th August 2007, 13:45
I'll be going for our usual ride "the scenic way" to the Island on Friday. Then we have a house that we hire to stay at for the weekend. There could be as many as 15 trying to pack in there. That's why I wanna get in early and claim me a spot. :) You'll wanna be quick on grandstand tix as sales are way up on last year and I know Siberia was full.

patnicholls
29th August 2007, 23:45
It's funny how some 'lesser' acts end up being better live than one's you're looking forward to. I went to The Big Day Out a few years back and was real keen to see The Vines (where are they now?) and most of all Queens of the Stone Age. Sadly the sound from their stage sucked. Jimmy Eat World were there and the Foo Fighters were good but better than all of 'em were Jebediah. Dallas Crane were entertaining as well. Pacifier (now Shihad - again) were excellent and I liked The Living End. It was the only good year I could be bothered going to since.

Hehe yeah was pretty good thanks, was my sixth time at Leeds - I missed last year (Muse headlined 2006 incidentally, I saw them second on the bill in 2002) but have been every year since 2001 aside from that. Half the fun of course is the campsite shenanigans every night, as long as you can get up the next morning and see some bands.

It is true that sometimes the lesser bands are best, defo this year as I'm not a massive fan of Razorlight, the Chilis (who played a noodling self-indulgent set rather than a festival-pleasing hits list) or King of Leon, and Arcade Fire were totally lost so far up the bill (couldn't create any atmosphere).

My faves this year were Interpol, The Long Blondes, The Shins, Panic! At the Disco, then The Sunshine Underground and the Pumpkins plus Jimmy Eat World. I missed The Living End this time but saw them the first year I went, shame they're not bigger worldwide as they could easily be Green Day-huge. (apologies if I've lost anyone at this point :) )

Oh, and re: The Vines. They are still going (check Wikipedia, etc). Craig Nicholls (singer/guitarist/songwriter) was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, which is kind of a form of autism, in 2004. This was leading to him getting himself into trouble so they stopped touring (it doesn't, however, mean he's a nutter or anything - in short) but do still play shows here and there and are working on a new album.

tha_jackal
30th August 2007, 03:23
I saw Kings of Leon with Pearl Jam last year, that was a brilliant concert.. I also love Interpol and The Shins, fantastic live acts.. We have very similar music taste Pat! Do you like The Klaxons? Phoenix? Hot Chip? Arctic Monkeys? To name a few..

The Phantom
30th August 2007, 04:14
Originally Posted by NinjaMaster

I was at that one - that was the year the young girl died in the Limp Biskit crush (I left not long after that).

Most enjoyable set for me that day was At The Drive In, even though they walked off when the mosh got a bit wild.

But I won't go again, apart from the fact that I'm now 38, I went to the first 6 BDOs at the Sydney showground (Nirvana at the first one, wow), and the Olympic park just doesn't have the same vibe.

My 3.5yo daughter is into Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance and Panic! At The Disco! LOL, whatever happened to the Wiggles???

Best concerts for me: Jeff Buckley at Sydney's Phoenecian Club in 1995, and Iggy Pop at Selinas in Sydney in 1994 (supported by Tumbleweed, Beasts Of Bourbon and with Slash, Duff and Matt of G'nR coming onstage for his last few songs!)

patnicholls
31st August 2007, 01:24
I saw Kings of Leon with Pearl Jam last year, that was a brilliant concert.. I also love Interpol and The Shins, fantastic live acts.. We have very similar music taste Pat! Do you like The Klaxons? Phoenix? Hot Chip? Arctic Monkeys? To name a few..

Pretty similar ballpark yeah, I saw the Arctic Monkeys at Leeds in 2005 in the smallest tent before they'd released any singles and were just an internet phenomenon. I failed to convince any of my mates to come along from the main stage, and when I got there there was an enormous crowd of people with home-made flags and T-shirts, and about four times as many people as you can get in the tent. Someone crowd-surfed into the tent and over me during the first song, and the entire crowd were singing every single song before it had even started thanks to the mp3s getting around on the net. Never been to a gig like it, catching a band just as they're about to become massive (as in the biggest selling debut album in the UK ever 6 months later, clutch of number 1 singles, Mercury Music prize win, etc).

I do like Hot Chip, yeah. Klaxons.... are not really my thing, though they're not awful. You do know that 'Nu-Rave' is just a made-up genre, right? Acid Skiffle is the next thing, I reckon...

I guess with the indie/alternative/whatever you want to call it music scene, there's so much stuff to go at. Was recently spending some time with a girl who did me a load of stuff I'd never heard of, but was mostly great. I am at the minute going through a bit of a singer/songwriter phase (Elliott Smith and Bright Eyes mainly, and stuff like The National), spending less time listening to noisy things although I like to think I still know how to rock :p

Roby44
31st August 2007, 11:57
Im still not sure what stand! We have to book asap, just gotta get it all decided with the group im going with.. But GenAd last year wasnt so great, so we want to go for the grandstand, better view, seating etc.. Are you going for the entire weekend? I think we might just go for Sat/Sun..

They have been saying that all the Grandstands have been booked out and that is why they are building extra Grandstands this year..

I like Siberia the best but sat at Bass last year and it was good. This year I think its Gen Admin as I am also going to Sepang.

See you all there..

NinjaMaster
31st August 2007, 14:17
They have been saying that all the Grandstands have been booked out and that is why they are building extra Grandstands this year..

I like Siberia the best but sat at Bass last year and it was good. This year I think its Gen Admin as I am also going to Sepang.

See you all there..
I wanted to sit at Siberia but it was booked out so have a seat in the Bass Strait stand where I have been the last couple of years. Have to get in a bit earlier next year. It's gonna be a cracker and promises the biggest crowd ever at an Aus GP. As for going to Sepang, you lucky mongrel!

jim mcglinchey
1st September 2007, 21:53
Today I called at the local Suzook dealer to order a new helmet and there was an Oyster festival on in the town. Check this out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/3623086.stm

The new record stands at 204 oysters consumed in 3 minutes. Some guy managed only 8. I could ve eaten more and I dont even like them but you can wash them down with all the free Guinness you need.

mx311
7th September 2007, 12:14
The new record stands at 204 oysters consumed in 3 minutes. Some guy managed only 8. I could ve eaten more and I dont even like them but you can wash them down with all the free Guinness you need.
Oysters, no thanks you can keep those, Guinness though......... ;)

In reading this thread I've got to say one thing to you all. You taste in music sucks, seriously, terrible. Muse, Artic Monkeys, they all suck. Well, OK, maybe I'm wrong, no, wait, I'm right, they SUCK. :laugh:

Anyway, I was going to post more today but the site went down for a while (not the first time lately I've noticed) so that's it for now. :wave:

Roby44
7th September 2007, 13:30
I wanted to sit at Siberia but it was booked out so have a seat in the Bass Strait stand where I have been the last couple of years. Have to get in a bit earlier next year. It's gonna be a cracker and promises the biggest crowd ever at an Aus GP. As for going to Sepang, you lucky mongrel!

You should try to go to Sepang its great!! Grandstand seating, Friday is FREE entry to all!!

See you at the Island then!!

Roby44
7th September 2007, 13:32
Today I called at the local Suzook dealer to order a new helmet and there was an Oyster festival on in the town. Check this out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/3623086.stm

I had oysters for dinner tonight but with a few Bundys and not Guiness!!

That is a lot of oysters though isn't it??? I'm wondering if they all worked !!

jim mcglinchey
7th September 2007, 15:26
..are you referring to their aphrodisiac properties Roby? If theres any truth in that, then its the winners poor girlfriend / boyfriend/ pet dog, I feel sorry for.

Roby44
8th September 2007, 03:30
..are you referring to their aphrodisiac properties Roby? If theres any truth in that, then its the winners poor girlfriend / boyfriend/ pet dog, I feel sorry for.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

MrJan
11th September 2007, 22:02
In reading this thread I've got to say one thing to you all. You taste in music sucks, seriously, terrible. Muse, Artic Monkeys, they all suck. Well, OK, maybe I'm wrong, no, wait, I'm right, they SUCK.

You suck :p : :D ;)

Everyone entitled to their opinion. I used to hate Muse but started listening to them more and more and been to see them live a couple of times. It's amazing the sound that three guys can get out of a few intsruments.

But I spose it's not the same as the music you grew up with Matt. You can't beat a bit of Glen Millar, Count Basey and all the greats :laugh:

Best gig I've been to lately is the Subways, great set and I came away from it with a big smile on my face even though I'm not really into the band.

Roby44
11th September 2007, 22:57
You can't beat..The RollingStones!!! :s mokin:

Time might..

patnicholls
12th September 2007, 01:20
Matt has of course made the schoolboy error of criticising the music we like but not revealing his own tastes... (although I may remember them from the past...is nu-metal the right ballpark?) :p

Miguel, I saw the Subways supporting Weezer in 2003 I think, although I wasn't too fussed with them (especially with the mighty =W= to follow, obviously)

ChrisS
12th September 2007, 11:59
lol, being a fan of classic rock and metal music really makes me out of place in this thread

funny though I saw muse play live in a music festival in either 1999 or 2000, I liked them and bought their album but no-one else had heard of them back then, now everyone knows who they are but I lost track of them

patnicholls
12th September 2007, 13:29
lol, being a fan of classic rock and metal music really makes me out of place in this thread

funny though I saw muse play live in a music festival in either 1999 or 2000, I liked them and bought their album but no-one else had heard of them back then, now everyone knows who they are but I lost track of them

Ah no you're alright, I've seen Deep Purple three times, Lynryd Synryd, Bon Jovi, the mighty Maiden, etc.

As for metal and nu-metal, am less into that (especially as I'm in my singer-songwriter phase at the minute), although I have a kind of ironic fondness for the likes of Papa Roach and particularly Dragonforce (look them up, you will enjoy them) simply because they're unintentionally funny... :)

tha_jackal
12th September 2007, 13:51
Dragonforce are fantastically great, in an over the top way out there way.. Papa Roach, meh, was into them when i was 14 - 15 :laugh: .. Not so much anymore..

NinjaMaster
12th September 2007, 15:30
Matt has of course made the schoolboy error of criticising the music we like but not revealing his own tastes... (although I may remember them from the past...is nu-metal the right ballpark?) :p

Miguel, I saw the Subways supporting Weezer in 2003 I think, although I wasn't too fussed with them (especially with the mighty =W= to follow, obviously)
I'm pretty sure Matt is a punk man, Blink, Green Day, etc.

I'm very jealous you've seen Weezer. I look forward to the day they return to Aus.

patnicholls
13th September 2007, 02:00

I'm very jealous you've seen Weezer. I look forward to the day they return to Aus.

You should be triple jealous, I've seen them three times! :D A new album is well on the way I hear, muchly looking forward to it after an upturn in form with Make Believe. Although they'll never better Pinkerton, obviously.

mx311
13th September 2007, 08:15
Ah you've got a fine memory there Clint. My favourite bands, Green Day, Blink-182, Angels and Airwaves, +44, Pennywise, The Offspring, Strung Out, Sprung Monkey, NOFX.

I actually have a pretty wide taste in music (I was only teasing you guys with your choices). The first live concert I went to was a Beach Boys concert when I was about 12. Growing up as a motocrosser (much like skaters or surfers) we have our own style of music, in our case, Punk Rock.

Anyway, back on topic...

http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-bikes/Honda/babe_honda_0170.jpg
http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-bikes/Honda/babe_honda_0176.jpg
http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-bikes/Honda/CBR900-25.jpg
http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-bikes/Suzuki_GSX-R/750GSXR-10.jpg
http://babes.a-moto.be/filles/albums/babes-bikes/Suzuki_GSX-R/750GSXR-33.jpg

patnicholls
13th September 2007, 21:34
I tell you what, it's nice and pleasant in here - there's just been a verdict in the F1 spying row and the F1 board (along with all F1 websites) have gone crazy. And there's a lot of uninformed rubbish flying about. In fact, roughly 13 pages worth of it in two hours...

-----------------------------

In other news, I'm off to Italy for a week's holiday tomorrow, so afraid you'll have to wait a week for the League to be updated following Estoril. And you'll all have to be good while I'm away and behave yourselves :p

MrJan
13th September 2007, 22:18
Far better in here. We have threads that you can follow even if you aren't online every waking moment. PLus loads of pics of gridgirls.

The Phantom
14th September 2007, 04:41
The only other place I go here is the NASCAR forums - wow, did I really just say that??? :)

No longer interested in F1 since it became a procession, but Aussie Marcos Ambrose is steadily working his way through his apprenticeship in NASCAR, and will soon be a definite contender. There's many Aussies also watching his progress with great interest.

Good work Matt, we were running low on grid girls here... mcnews.com.au releases pics after each MotoGP round, and once they get up to gallery G, H, I, the promo girls appear...

http://www.mcnews.com.au/MotorcycleRacing2007/MotoGP/Rnd13_SanMarino/Gallery_I/index.htm

http://www.mcnews.com.au/MotorcycleRacing2007/MotoGP/Rnd13_SanMarino/Gallery_I/images/Girls_07GP13_2176_AN.jpg

NinjaMaster
17th September 2007, 16:00
Well it seems I've passed 1,000 posts and missed it so here is my belated celebration! :up:

http://www.superbike.lv/images/wallpapers/fastdates/99.jpg

fatman
24th September 2007, 17:34
omg this thread was almost on the second page. bad forum users bad !

Anyone know where Pat is ? Haven't seen him around for a few weeks. Dying to see the results of the fantasy league after the last couple of rounds.

harsha
25th September 2007, 08:23
great pics :cheese:

MrJan
25th September 2007, 14:57
Sorry Ryan. I didn't have any dirty pictures to post and the only stuff I wanted to write about as bikes which don't really have a place in this thread. I promise I won't let it happen again sir. Promise :p :

harsha
26th September 2007, 06:17

60's,70's,80's rock/metal owns \m/ \m/

maxu05
26th September 2007, 06:37
Hi all, I havn't had time to post of late, but I always find 5 minutes to check out what's going on here. I must say that I am a little disapointed with motorcycle fans saying that the racing (Motogp) has become boring, and was thinking of posting in reply to these comments. I didn't have the time to post, but, I think the last race showed that the racing is still as good as ever. To all the Doubting Thomas's, have a little faith. Congrats to Casey, he is on another plane this year, and even Rossi admits that he has been faultless thus far. I think vale will be out to spoil Casey's party at Philip Island though, so it should be another great battle. I love the grid girl pictures :up: I will try to pop in more often now, as my work level evens out. Nice to see Matt popping in from time to time, as I know how busy he is.

leopard
26th September 2007, 06:51

60's,70's,80's rock/metal owns \m/ \m/
60's -70's were too old, \m/ \m/ is this smiley or what?

harsha
27th September 2007, 10:19
\m/ the devil's horn ....it's a common sight to use this as a appreciation smiley among rockers and rock music fans

leopard
27th September 2007, 10:36
which one the most accurate for the black metal or devil gesture, two or three fingers?

harsha
27th September 2007, 10:39
the devil's horn can be used at any rock concert...just fold your middle two fingers...and don't leave your thumb sticking out

i think it was popularised by Ronnie James Dio....\m/

ChrisS
27th September 2007, 11:38
http://www.techimo.com/images/img2/smilies/extended/rock.gif http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/images/smilies/rockout.gif http://www.crf2.com/images/smilies/headbanger.gif http://freenet-homepage.de/faxe1308/mich/smilie_rock.gif

smilies "stolen" from the web

leopard
27th September 2007, 12:00
http://www.techimo.com/images/img2/smilies/extended/rock.gif http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/images/smilies/rockout.gif http://www.crf2.com/images/smilies/headbanger.gif http://freenet-homepage.de/faxe1308/mich/smilie_rock.gif

smilies "stolen" from the web

thanks for you effort :)

harsha
27th September 2007, 12:42
rock on \m/

patnicholls
28th September 2007, 02:27
omg this thread was almost on the second page. bad forum users bad !

Anyone know where Pat is ? Haven't seen him around for a few weeks. Dying to see the results of the fantasy league after the last couple of rounds.

Hey folks, I'm back.

Was on holiday in Italy for a week 14th-21st, then was my birthday weekend last weekend and had to catch up on Estoril, then started a new job this week and had Motegi to catch up with as well as a few other things. Back to normal now though.

Good to see you've been behaving yourselves in my absence, the F1 forum is still a bit crazy after recent events :p

harsha
28th September 2007, 06:48
those f1 fans were always a wee bit too excitable probably cause all the action happens off track rather than on track :D

patnicholls
4th October 2007, 21:17
Ooooh, it's nice in here. Like a chill-out room compared to looking at the F1 and Champ Car forums and attempting to moderate them before deciding that life's too short to get rid of all the rubbish in there :p

How's everyone doing?

The Phantom
5th October 2007, 02:16
Hang on, we're on a new page and there's no grid girls.

Fixed it :)

http://www.mcnews.com.au/MotorcycleRacing2007/MotoGP/Rnd15_Motegi/Gallery_H/images/Girl_07GP15_1971_AN.jpg

Much better... relax gents ;)

Oh and happy birthday for the other week Pat!

maxu05
5th October 2007, 07:52
GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, yum, yum, yum. Now that's a lollipop.

harsha
5th October 2007, 08:02
^^+1234567

neninja
5th October 2007, 12:40
Great find - she's a honey

leopard
8th October 2007, 04:23
fasting, thanks...

patnicholls
9th October 2007, 00:25
Oh and happy birthday for the other week Pat!

Cheers - she was the present right?

Yes, I am indeed another year older (26), not sure if I'm any wiser though... :p