PDA

View Full Version : WTCC Rounds 5 & 6, Valencia

VkmSpouge
20th May 2007, 16:20
Great double victory for James Thompson today in Valencia. His Alfa Romeo was completely dominant out on track. No one could live Thompson's pace all afternoon. No one has managed a double victory since Jorg Muller at Magny-Cours over two years ago. Congratulations to Thompson.

Race 1
1. James Thompson Alfa Romeo 156
2. Nicola Larini Chevrolet Lacetti
3. Yvan Muller SEAT Leon
4. Jordi Gene SEAT Leon
5. Andy Priaulx BMW 320si
6. Michel Jourdain Jr. SEAT Leon
7. Luca Rangoni BMW 320si
8. Jorg Muller BMW 320si

Race 2
1. James Thompson Alfa Romeo 156
2. Jorg Muller BMW 320si
3. Andy Priaulx BMW 320si
4. Yvan Muller SEAT Leon
5. Nicola Larini Chevrolet Lacetti
6. Jordi Gene SEAT Leon
7. Luca Rangoni BMW 320si
8. Sergio Hernandez BMW 320si

Alfa Fan
20th May 2007, 16:25
Thats the single most bizarre result ever in the WTCC!

Thompson doing the double in a 3 year old 156! Yes its always been good at Valencia, but thats stunning.

SEATFreak
20th May 2007, 16:38
Their was a pileup at the start of race 1 though.

Tarquini and Monteiro clashed sending the two in diffrerent directions. Monteiro collected Rob Huff. In a domino effect Colciago and BMW Team Italy-Spain drivers Porteiro and Zanardi found themseves in the gravel. Farfus later spun to rejoin in 17th. The race didn't resume till lap 4.

Six decent drivers all out.

m0rk
20th May 2007, 18:06
was bizarre seeing thommo in race 2 just pull out & drag past the BMW's

did they get special dispensation to run a turbo or something (joke....)

VkmSpouge
20th May 2007, 21:27
Well Thompson had zero success ballast and the BMWs and SEATs had plenty of weight so he definitely had an advantage there but even so its such a great up turn in performance from the last races by what is essentially a large independent team using ageing cars. Of course plenty of credit to Thompson too, he was dominant and he trounced his team mate.

AlexD
20th May 2007, 22:45
That was brilliant! You could hear whose side the crowd were on when Thommo overtook Muller. Great result for the team.

tin-top fan
20th May 2007, 23:10
Great result- showing what great touring car drivers the Brits are!
I have to also say that I think that the 2nd race today was the most exciting races I've seen in the WTCC.....

alfa155btcc
21st May 2007, 00:38
was over the moon to see thompson get wins in race 1 & 2 superb, not bad for a old car and no factory based inverstment, good old privateer team N Technology,

Bravissimo
:s mokin: :s mokin:

GRAVETT
21st May 2007, 00:46
now thats what i call touring car racing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iain
21st May 2007, 15:59
First race looked processional, second race was superb. That track's really suited to short, sharp touring car races. That Alfa was very quick, just goes to illustrate what a difference ballast makes.

AlexD
21st May 2007, 17:45
I was also glad to see Farfus return to his crazy ways. When he switched to a works team he seemed to calm down a bit. Guess he got bored!