PDA

View Full Version : About avoiding rallyfans at the stages

katxal
19th January 2023, 14:00
Honestly, i'm so fed up withbl this topic.
Its annoying how WRC promoters and some organizers are playing with rally fans, specially this Montecarlo Rally.

https://www-laregion-es.translate.goog/articulo/mas-motor/wrc-publico-quereis-irse-seguid-pagando-fiesta/202301191110411191133.html?_x_tr_sl=es&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=es&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Sergiow
20th January 2023, 21:02
But specially this Montecarlo Rally at PS2 it was the other way round: fans playing with the rally supposedly created some nasty surprises for the cars ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-cWUe1iJNQ

J4MIE
20th January 2023, 21:12
And people wonder why spectators are limited or banned on some events…..

USER47
20th January 2023, 23:02
But specially this Montecarlo Rally at PS2 it was the other way round: fans playing with the rally supposedly created some nasty surprises for the cars ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-cWUe1iJNQ

Is there any actual information confirming that the ice patch was caused by spectators? I've seen lots of vague rumors and offhand twitter comments, but I feel like if there was any actual proof, testimony or footage of it happening, it would be a pretty big deal. Sabotaging the track to deliberately cause accidents seems like a thing people would be speaking up about and the organizers+police would be getting involved heavily.

J4MIE
21st January 2023, 00:25
Is there any actual information confirming that the ice patch was caused by spectators? I've seen lots of vague rumors and offhand twitter comments, but I feel like if there was any actual proof, testimony or footage of it happening, it would be a pretty big deal. Sabotaging the track to deliberately cause accidents seems like a thing people would be speaking up about and the organizers+police would be getting involved heavily.

It was obvious by the behaviour of the “fans” running right up to the cars and… not doing much really apart from taking photos. I don’t think there’s any coincidence at all that these people were there and a magic ice patch appeared which the crews had little knowledge of, and the rest of the stage was clear.

Unfortunately these idiots get a kick out of it and will do it again.

Essaj
21st January 2023, 06:10

https://twitter.com/paddocknews/status/1616693560010543104

seb_sh
21st January 2023, 07:37
It's not new on the Monte that spectators throw snow on the road. Breen even said when he was commentating that happens. But with snow the drivers can at least see it and adapt.

It was suspicious instantly, a corner where some ice magically appeared and a lot of spectators filming at exactly that place and nowhere else. Now of course it could be coincidence... but come on.

"this is why we can't have nice things".

ToKu
21st January 2023, 10:41
Ok, I can see some searious criminal charges here, but IMHO negative repercusions shouldn't be directed to all the fans. It is like kicking all the fans from Tour de France, because some idiot collided with the cyclist. Was there any disscussion about that after last year's accident?
Rallies are less sport and more advertising tool with each passing year. Potential repetition of 1986 Portugal is what they are fear of. It would be disastrous for marketing, and marketing is what this former sport is about now.

Myrvold
21st January 2023, 20:42
It was obvious by the behaviour of the “fans” running right up to the cars and… not doing much really apart from taking photos. I don’t think there’s any coincidence at all that these people were there and a magic ice patch appeared which the crews had little knowledge of, and the rest of the stage was clear.

Unfortunately these idiots get a kick out of it and will do it again.

But was it not said on WRC+ that even Rovanperä had "ice" in his notes there?

AnttiL
21st January 2023, 22:21
It would be disastrous for marketing, and marketing is what this former sport is about now.

Rallying has never been a "pure sport". First it was the hobby of rich people and when the factories came in the 60's, it became marketing.

Lead
22nd January 2023, 06:48
Exactly. There is also info from another gravel crew that ice was there on recce. There was small water stream crossing the road, so when minus degrees hits in, icing was more than likely expected.

bwallace
22nd January 2023, 12:17
it's depend when the specators came in that spot if the gravel crew drove when they done jobe so ofcourse they will tell them but some was past sooner than they came there it can't not be that some drove there fully dry and other get some ice it's just bullshit theory when we saw some image where specateros take water from ditch purposle to make ice :)