Azores out of 2023 calendar

Eli
23rd September 2022, 14:58
http://iris.cpidt.pt/publishing20/!site.go?publishing=332&p=.20055&id=64421

And here’s confirmation.

Reis Eduardo
23rd September 2022, 18:19

Azores Rallye outside the ERC

The promoter of the FIA ​​European Rally Championship has informed the Azores Rallye Organizing Committee that the event is not part of its plans for the 2023 season.

The justification presented by the WRC Promoter was that their intention is to make the championship more central, to reduce the cost for the teams.

Despite the effort of the Azores Rallye Organizing Committee to guarantee free sea and air transport for the teams, they still consider that the immobilization of resources is too long compared to the other events of the championship, according to the promoter.
We deeply regret this decision, which we did not foresee, since all federative entities praised the event, including the WRC Promoter, who presented to the Azores Rallye Organizing Committee a proposal for the continuity of the event in 2023 and 2024, which was being subject of negotiation.

We will continue to work on next year's edition, the fifty-seventh, with a view to guaranteeing, together with our partners, an event with the quality that is recognized, hoping, in the future, to return to the maximum competition of rallies at European level.

Jarek Z
23rd September 2022, 19:51
And... is it a good or bad decision?

Tom K
23rd September 2022, 20:30
It's shit. The only good thing is, that promoter apparently had a will to keep it in calendar. Fafe with almost no spectators comparing to WRC Portugal looks like "a poor relative". I hope they are not gonna to do championship for WRC-relegated events (Estonia, Catalunya).

Eli
23rd September 2022, 20:54
It's shit. The only good thing is, that promoter apparently had a will to keep it in calendar. Fafe with almost no spectators comparing to WRC Portugal looks like "a poor relative". I hope they are not gonna to do championship for WRC-relegated events (Estonia, Catalunya).

Isn't Catalunya staying at least for next year in the WRC?

Tom K
23rd September 2022, 21:12
If it stays, it will probably mean that other options for Promoter collapsed. It was mentioned (also on the forum) that Catalunya was among first to exclude.

Fast Eddie WRC
25th September 2022, 10:49
Shame to lose the Azores, one of the most special places to rally in the world.

I will only accept this if they find a good replacement that is new and exciting.

WRC1
25th September 2022, 15:23
it is the next step down.....unbelivable how fast the steps are...since glory days in IRC, this year the best drivers choose WRC2 and for next year ERC will also the best Rallye of the year...very very sad!

WRCStan
25th September 2022, 18:08
When has a rotation system ever worked?

Sal yet again
25th September 2022, 19:15
I'm really hoping for a great looking ERC calendar in 23 however have a sneaking suspicion that I may be disappointed!

How much money are the promoters asking per round?

AndyRAC
26th September 2022, 08:44
I have very little confidence in the promoter to do anything good; it's all about ŁŁŁŁŁ

I constantly say, the ERC could and should be a great series - but never looks like being so.

Andre Oliveira
26th September 2022, 18:34
I heard Canarias (2 more years contract) and Catalunya next year.

RS
27th September 2022, 09:28
My ideal 8 round ERC calendar would be something like:

Azores
Canarias (or some other tarmac event in Spain, Italy, France or Germany)
Latvia
Poland
Ypres
Barum
Valais
‘A forest event somewhere in GB’

Although regarding the last option I just looked at the British Rally Championship website to see if there was an event they could piggyback and the stage mileage is pathetically short on all!

AndyRAC
27th September 2022, 11:04
That looks good. Surely any ERC needs some of the larger countries - especially if they're not in the WRC; France/Germany.....

And I'd like to see a winter Tarmac round, similar to the Monte; I always enjoyed the Jannerrallye, a shame it couldn't continue in the ERC.

I think any UK round would likely be a Tarmac round - as any gravel event would probably be too expensive.(Unless an ERC round is significantly less expensive). IRC Rally Scotland was a nice event, with live TV coverage, but only lasted those 3 years. No legacy at all.....which is what they need to be aiming for. And there were the rumours of a Yorkshire event, but that went up in smoke when the Tour de France start was a possibility.

HKSjbg
27th September 2022, 14:22
My ideal 8 round ERC calendar would be something like:

Azores
Canarias (or some other tarmac event in Spain, Italy, France or Germany)
Latvia
Poland
Ypres
Barum
Valais
‘A forest event somewhere in GB’

Although regarding the last option I just looked at the British Rally Championship website to see if there was an event they could piggyback and the stage mileage is pathetically short on all!

Yeah to get an acceptable level of stage km for the ERC you’d have to combine 3 typical British forestry events into the same weekend and which could all run out of the same service park! Or maybe one 70km running off a remote service

pantealex
27th September 2022, 14:36
So you want WRC and ERC in same countries (Italy, Spain, Portugal)

I think those countries which don't have WRC should be ERC priority.
Norway has big enough rallies for ERC I believe
UK/Ireland
Middle European countries, there are many without WRC
and if there aren't enough rallies for full ERC calendar, those countries which don't have WRC, could have ERC also.

I´m OK with 50/50 tarmac/gravel but there is never enough Snow rallies in any series...

PLuto
27th September 2022, 16:08
One thing is your "wish", one thing is wish of competitors/organisers/promoter. But most important are money...

Co-driven
27th September 2022, 21:33
And also with WRC Promoter, besides a huge increase in "fixed" costs like fees, amount of people from promoter/TV, etc, they also have a huge cost with everything related to the All Live.

Sal yet again
28th September 2022, 07:47
Once again I'll ask the question how much is the promoter likely to ask for to have a rally included as part of the ERC?

As mentioned above the circus that is All Live etc must cost a pretty penny not all of which will be covered by user subscriptions. I cant see an event coming to the UK anytime soon for the lack of a headline sponsor unless someone can have a word with Gus Greensmith's dad! Its going to need a Central/Local Government interest and with our economy tanking thats just not going to happen. When I look at the start ramps and stage side advertising on a lot of European events you can physically see the appetite for rallying as a marketing tool something which has long since left the sport here.

Sal yet again
28th September 2022, 07:56
Calendar wise I'd like something like this :

Janner - Austria Snow/tarmac
Azores or Madeira - Portugal-Gravel/Tarmac
Circuit of Ireland - UK- Tarmac
Poland - Gravel
Ypres- Belgium - Tarmac
Tuscany - Italy -Gravel
Mont Blanc - France - Tarmac
Cyprus - Gravel

This would seem to suit the home countries of a lot of the drivers currently competing. I've included Cyprus which I know is controversial due to the stage conditions however it allows for a big end of season party in the relative warmth!

RS
28th September 2022, 09:11
I’d like Janner too but i think there were some issues with that being so soon after Christmas and too early in the year to have sponsorship finalised etc?

Also, you can’t leave out Barum!

Kenneth
28th September 2022, 09:43
Are island rallies out of calendar really bad think? I mean, sure, they are awesome, but I can imagine that costs of them are insane for drivers that are often tight on budget.

Tom K
28th September 2022, 09:48
It was said multiple times here, that (especially for teams from central Europe) doing Fafe and Spanish mainland rally versus Azores and Canarias, did not cause significant increase in costs. Cargo and couple of flight tickets were given for free. Apparently the problem is long time when they have cars abroad.

Sal yet again
28th September 2022, 15:36
I’d like Janner too but i think there were some issues with that being so soon after Christmas and too early in the year to have sponsorship finalised etc?

Also, you can’t leave out Barum!

I know maybe if we replaced the French round (they could use Ypres as their nearest round) then the Barum would be the best fit. If we persuaded Jan K to retire then there wouldnt be as many crashes with people trying to catch him!!

Steve Boyd
28th September 2022, 23:53
Are island rallies out of calendar really bad think? I mean, sure, they are awesome, but I can imagine that costs of them are insane for drivers that are often tight on budget.
I was involved in running the Manx International Rally when it was a Coefficient 20 round of the European Championship in the 1990's. Very few of the leading European Championship contenders ever entered because it was late in the season and expensive to get to (ferry to UK and another ferry from UK to IoM). The event relied on IoM Government backing with most entires from the British International Championship and the Irish Tarmac International Championship. In the current economic climate, similar events aren't viable without a major sponsor and subsidised entries for championship contenders.

PLuto
29th September 2022, 10:50
I was involved in running the Manx International Rally when it was a Coefficient 20 round of the European Championship in the 1990's. Very few of the leading European Championship contenders ever entered because it was late in the season and expensive to get to (ferry to UK and another ferry from UK to IoM). The event relied on IoM Government backing with most entires from the British International Championship and the Irish Tarmac International Championship. In the current economic climate, similar events aren't viable without a major sponsor and subsidised entries for championship contenders.

Times are different. Now there are not so big sponsors able to pay almost whole of the rally like in the past. Currently the most important for bringing money are competitors. And on higher levels like WRC or ERC it is government who must give the money...

Eli
29th September 2022, 16:00

Poland - Gravel
Ypres- Belgium - Tarmac
Tuscany - Italy -Gravel
Cyprus - Gravel

This would seem to suit the home countries of a lot of the drivers currently competing. I've included Cyprus which I know is controversial due to the stage conditions however it allows for a big end of season party in the relative warmth!

I'd do something similar, just add Barum Czech Rally Zlín into the mix and Greece if it somehow gets kicked out of the WRC after 2023.

manthey
30th September 2022, 05:17

Poland - Gravel
Ypres- Belgium - Tarmac
Tuscany - Italy -Gravel
Cyprus - Gravel

This would seem to suit the home countries of a lot of the drivers currently competing. I've included Cyprus which I know is controversial due to the stage conditions however it allows for a big end of season party in the relative warmth!Also iconic Rally Piancavallo in Italy, max coefficient in previous Erc

wyler
30th September 2022, 15:05
Also iconic Rally Piancavallo in Italy, max coefficient in previous Erc

in italy rally of rome is hard to be replaced.

manthey
30th September 2022, 19:36
in italy rally of rome is hard to be replaced.And easier to fund... But No match vs Piancavallo

wyler
30th September 2022, 20:14
And easier to fund... But No match vs Piancavallo

there's plenty with more history and value than rome in italy!

Steve Boyd
30th September 2022, 23:21
Times are different. Now there are not so big sponsors able to pay almost whole of the rally like in the past. Currently the most important for bringing money are competitors. And on higher levels like WRC or ERC it is government who must give the money...
It was so much easier when tobacco products could be advertised!

Jarek Z
1st October 2022, 17:14
Also iconic Rally Piancavallo in Italy, max coefficient in previous Erc

Yes, both Piancavallo and Mille Miglia had beautiful stages! Roma can't compete with them on this field.
https://www.ircup.it/wp-content/gallery/rally-piancavallo-2019-shakedown/MAT_5374.jpg
https://www.ircup.it/wp-content/gallery/rally-piancavallo-2019-shakedown/MAT_5415.jpg
https://www.ircup.it/wp-content/gallery/rally-piancavallo-2019-shakedown/MAT_5268.jpg

Jarek Z
1st October 2022, 17:21
It was so much easier when tobacco products could be advertised!

Oh yes, those were the days!
https://scontent.fktw4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.18169-9/17103759_1464804300244989_7690794661892433025_n.pn g?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=19026a&_nc_ohc=uXf5qNp0PiwAX8zvj1l&_nc_ht=scontent.fktw4-1.fna&oh=00_AT_CgTRioY2SO2Hftwq0wKwy5-DPAlmP1Qe84W70sNUy-A&oe=635D867E

manthey
1st October 2022, 18:58
Yes, both Piancavallo and Mille Miglia had beautiful stages! Roma can't compete with them on this field.
https://www.ircup.it/wp-content/gallery/rally-piancavallo-2019-shakedown/MAT_5374.jpg
https://www.ircup.it/wp-content/gallery/rally-piancavallo-2019-shakedown/MAT_5415.jpg
https://www.ircup.it/wp-content/gallery/rally-piancavallo-2019-shakedown/MAT_5268.jpgFabulous Lago di Barcis in the first picture

Last one seems street from Barcis to Piancavallo

erikli2
20th October 2022, 15:04
According to Swedish media SVT, It's very likely that Sweden will have a ERC round in Värmland in July next year.

Link (in Swedish): https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/varmland/rally-em-till-varmland-beslut-vantas-inom-kort

HKSjbg
20th October 2022, 15:43
According to Swedish media SVT, It's very likely that Sweden will have a ERC round in Värmland in July next year.

Link (in Swedish): https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/varmland/rally-em-till-varmland-beslut-vantas-inom-kort

Similar roads to the old Värmland-based Swedish Rally?

erikli2
20th October 2022, 16:12
Similar roads to the old Värmland-based Swedish Rally?

Yes, some stages will be the same ones used during the "old" Swedish rally.

PLuto
20th October 2022, 17:35
When I have heard about rally in Scandinavia for first time and started to dig in which country it will be, I was surprised that almost nobody in Sweden knew about it (and usually only on level of rumours)...

YerayEcoBoost
20th October 2022, 19:43
Timo Schulz ERC Junior 2023 whit the ADAC Opel Rally Junior Team

Andre Oliveira
21st October 2022, 07:19
Two rallies in Italy. I would prefer one in France or Germany.

Jarek Z
21st October 2022, 08:40
First 2 rallies in Portugal, now two rallies in Italy, does it make any sense?

Tom K
21st October 2022, 11:31
Romania, in Cluj, should be also in.

PLuto
21st October 2022, 14:31
First 2 rallies in Portugal, now two rallies in Italy, does it make any sense?

Money...

Andre Oliveira
21st October 2022, 14:45
Romania, in Cluj, should be also in.

Afaik no.

Portugal, Italy, Spain, Poland, Latvia, Sweden, Italy, Czechia and Hungary

Jarek Z
21st October 2022, 17:17
Money...

Money talk? ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lqdErI9uss

Tom K
21st October 2022, 18:01
So, last minutes changes again?:) Three weeks ago Romania was in. So were Canarias and Catalunya = Spain 2x.

Andre Oliveira
24th October 2022, 14:51
ERC 2023

11-12/03 - Rally Serras de Fafe e Felgueiras (PRT)
15-16/04 - Rally di Alba (ITA) (J)
05-06/05 - Rally Islas Canarias (ESP)
20-21/05 - Rally Poland (POL) (J)
17-18/06 - Rally Liepaja (LVA) (J)
07-08/07 - Royal Rally of Scandinavia (SWE) (J)
29-30/07 - Rally di Roma Capitale (ITA) (J)
19-20/08 - Barum Czech Rally Zlín (CZE) (J)
07-08/10 - Rally Hungary (HUN) (J) * (subject to FIA safety report)

Sal yet again
24th October 2022, 14:58
Oh dear

RS
25th October 2022, 10:12
It’s not bad, not so different from this year apart from missing Azores (bad news). Gain of Sweden is good but a snow rally would have been better.

AndyRAC
25th October 2022, 11:12
I'd prefer to see countries who don't have a WRC round in the ERC; yet we get Italy X2, Portugal, Sweden.....

C+ could do better, but we know what WRC Promoter are like.

Sal yet again
25th October 2022, 12:03
Once again very Eastern Europe heavy which will please the current customer base however if I were a young driver with reasonable backing I wouldnt see a reason to join and would instead jump straight into the various WRC classes.

Can see the Portugese and Swedish rounds being skipped by quite a lot of drivers already.

lmmjvss
25th October 2022, 13:04
Im more interested in who is driving in ERC next year. The calendar is fine, but I really wish there was some good characters in the sport. I totally missed the excitement in '22 without Lukyanuk, Mikkelsen, Gryazin, Cais, Solberg, Ingram, Kajto, Nasser...
It was harder to follow too without Eurosport, since Im not from Europe (but it was easy to find it online), and I dont have the $ right now for the app haha Cmoon redbull, Highlights at least!! =P

Andre Oliveira
25th October 2022, 13:40
The calendar is not fine. Fafe is a mistake, we allready have the WRC. Better Azores or Madeira. Two rallies in Italy, same mistake of Portugal and Spain this year. I would prefer some rally in Ireland or UK and France or Germany.

fiscorpun
25th October 2022, 13:55
The calendar is not fine. Fafe is a mistake, we allready have the WRC. Better Azores or Madeira. Two rallies in Italy, same mistake of Portugal and Spain this year. I would prefer some rally in Ireland or UK and France or Germany.

I bet we ALL would love if the '23 calendar were: SanRemo, deCorse, Walles, ADAC(Germany), Cyprus, Azores, Cote d'iVore and Acropolis. But money only comes from who has the interest... and the money

HKSjbg
25th October 2022, 15:24
I bet we ALL would love if the '23 calendar were: ... Cote d'iVore ...

I'm not sure anyone's joining you on that bet! :D

Andre Oliveira
25th October 2022, 16:27
Beautiful european country.

fiscorpun
25th October 2022, 20:19
Haha IRC VIBES, cmoon fellas

RallyFan13
26th October 2022, 07:07
Cyprus Again out ?

Sal yet again
26th October 2022, 07:53
There wont be any Suzuki involvement next year as Suzuki Iberica have now cancelled all motorsport activities in line with the parent company's decision to do the same across the board.

Co-driven
26th October 2022, 13:14
Cyprus Again out ?

If I'm not mistaken, there were some kind of problems within the Cypriot Federation this season, they didn't event host a MERC event as they usually do. I don't know what happened exactly, maybe Pluto knows some more info...

Tom K
26th October 2022, 21:11
The problem is with finance ministry. They told that rally is wasting money. In WRC topic was link to the article. Cypriots are waiting for election, I think early 2023.

PLuto
27th October 2022, 11:54
Yes, that is correct. Problem is with finance ministry. Cyprus left ERC calendar few years ago (not mainly because of financial issues, but it was the weakest event in the terms of interest of drivers in combination with costs and rough surface). There was a plan to put them as last round of ERC this year after "killing" the Hungary, but it didnt happened. We will see what will be the future.

Jarek Z
29th October 2022, 11:18
Battistolli is still trying to rcover mentally from his hard crash on Barum Rally, but at the same time he is already planning the new season:
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2022/confidence-crucial-for-skoda-star-battistolli/

Jarek Z
29th October 2022, 11:20
There wont be any Suzuki involvement next year as Suzuki Iberica have now cancelled all motorsport activities in line with the parent company's decision to do the same across the board.

Sad to hear this. They seemed to be very commited to motorsport :(

106 sport
31st October 2022, 13:09
Very strong rumors in Spain that Gran Canaria (Rally Islas Canarias) could be in the WRC in the years 2.024 and 2.025 replacing Rally Catalunya.

https://www.marca.com/motor/rallies/2022/10/26/635917e6268e3ef6588b4589.html
https://automovilismocanario.com/ivan-corral-presidente-de-la-fga-el-rally-islas-canarias-estara-en-el-mundial-en-la-temporada-2024-y-2025/
https://www.motor.es/noticias/rally-islas-canarias-vs-rally-racc-posible-alternancia-wrc-202290787.html

typhoon
16th November 2022, 00:58
2.3mln budget from the Piedmont region will be issued to Rally Alba promoters. It's almost done... https://www.rallyeslalom.com/erc-la-regione-piemonte-offre-24-milioni-al-rally-di-alba/

Sanremo
19th November 2022, 20:28
2.3mln budget from the Piedmont region will be issued to Rally Alba promoters. It's almost done... https://www.rallyeslalom.com/erc-la-regione-piemonte-offre-24-milioni-al-rally-di-alba/

Rally Alba 2023 fading away after budget review
https://www.rallyeslalom.com/erc-2023-alba-fa-marcia-indietro-roma-salva-italia/

Andre Oliveira
25th November 2022, 12:07
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FiaY0vkWYAI0sFV?format=jpg&name=large

Sulland
25th November 2022, 13:12
Maybe a Royal rally in Värmland for me in 23!

Sal yet again
25th November 2022, 14:01
For an 8 round championship still think there is a big chunk of real estate not covered and generally tilted towards Eastern parts however you have to go where your customer base is strongest and with Poland and Barum being classics then it makes sense.

AndyRAC
25th November 2022, 14:24
Not the most inspiring calendar - but what does anybody expect? So some countries will get a ERC, as well as a WRC round.....

As I often say, it could (and should) be a fabulous series, but never is. It's as though the Promoter doesn't know what to do with it - or what it should be.

Jarek Z
25th November 2022, 14:36
Not the most inspiring calendar - but what does anybody expect?

Yes, people complain each time when a new calendar is published, but what do they expect? Is it really so bad?
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2022/new-challenges-in-store-as-2023-erc-calendar-unveiled/

Jarek Z
25th November 2022, 14:43
So some countries will get a ERC, as well as a WRC round.....

Not so many such countries - only 3:
Portugal
Sweden
and Italy.

Fast Eddie WRC
25th November 2022, 14:43
The calendar isnt the problem though, it's the lack of top level entries for the full season and now that WRC2/3 attracts the best.

Kenneth
25th November 2022, 17:08
Not so many such countries - only 3:
Portugal
Sweden
and Italy.

And Czech Republic.. That's half of ERC calendar. As a Czech I'm not mad thought

Fast Eddie WRC
25th November 2022, 17:24
And Czech Republic.. That's half of ERC calendar. As a Czech I'm not mad thought

Us UK rally fans aren't jealous though... not much.

AndyRAC
25th November 2022, 17:50
Us UK rally fans aren't jealous though... not much.

Actually I'm not; good luck to those who show the money, and get the events. It's not financially viable to run an event of this stature in the UK (And there is no money to start with). But that's for another discussion.....

Andre Oliveira
25th November 2022, 18:26
I don’t like the fact have two rounds in Fafe.

RS
25th November 2022, 20:24
I would rather see Azores than Fafe of course, and Ypres really should be in ERC if it’s not in WRC. Other than that, i think they are all good events but perhaps too many fast gravel events with Sweden joining Poland and Latvia.

Jarek Z
6th December 2022, 14:10
There are some early predictions about which drivers may be interested in competing in ERC 2023:
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2022/five-drivers-to-watch-out-for-in-2023/

jcevc
6th December 2022, 21:41
Austrian driver Alfred Kramer jr. (codriver Jeannette Kvick) will be competing on 6 ERC events with Peugeot 208 rally4 from slovenian team OPV racing cars, starting on Poland.

manthey
7th December 2022, 05:05
There are some early predictions about which drivers may be interested in competing in ERC 2023:
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2022/five-drivers-to-watch-out-for-in-2023/Very good Mabellini in Rally2

Andre Oliveira
7th December 2022, 17:05
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FjZPYqtX0AAO8v1?format=jpg&name=large

HKSjbg
8th December 2022, 06:27
It’s basically 1990s-style ERC now:

FIA European Rally Trophy

Period Country Competition name
31-02/04/2023 CZE 41. Kovax Valasska Rally ValMez
05-06/05/2023 PRT Rali Terras D'Aboboreira
12-14/05/2023 FRA Rallye Ain Jura
18-20/05/2023 FRA Rallye Antibes Côte d'Azur
19-20/05/2023 CZE 50. Rallye Cesky Krumlov
01-03/06/2023 CHE Rallye du Chablais
16-18/06/2023 IRL Donegal International Rally
16-18/06/2023 HAK 49. INA delta rally 2023
22-24/06/2023 BEL Ardeca Ypres Rally Belgium
13-15/07/2023 AUT Rally Weiz, Styria
03-05/08/2023 PRT Rali Vinho Madeira
10-12/08/2023 POL 32nd Rally Rzeszow
18-19/08/2023 GBR Ulster Rally
01-03/09/2023 BGR Rally Bulgaria
01-03/09/2023 GBR Rali Ceredigion
08-10/09/2023 POL Rally Slask
21-24/09/2023 SRB 56.serbia rally
22-24/09/2023 SVN MAHLE 11. Rally Nova Gorica
26-28/10/2023 CHE Rallye International du Valais
02-04/11/2023 DEU 26. Internationale ADMV-Lausitz-Rallye

Jarek Z
8th December 2022, 07:21
Very good Mabellini in Rally2

He has a new sponsor, at least for one rally:
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2022/mabellini-set-for-mrf-debut-in-italy/

manthey
8th December 2022, 12:57
He has a new sponsor, at least for one rally:
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2022/mabellini-set-for-mrf-debut-in-italy/Hoping it's a test-race to then continue with Rally2

YerayEcoBoost
8th December 2022, 17:44
Campedelli: "My main goal is to continue in the FIA ERC"

https://www.motoradiario.com/rallyes/item/9237-campedelli-mi-principal-objetivo-es-continuar-en-el-fia-erc

Andre Oliveira
8th December 2022, 20:58
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FjfO-iyX0A04U4W?format=jpg&name=medium

Jarek Z
9th December 2022, 12:38
Hoping it's a test-race to then continue with Rally2

It won't be easy for Mabellini. I see Paolo Andreucci on the entry list (page 10, category "Over 55" ;) )
https://www.scuderiaetruria.net/public/1670363556.pdf

wyler
9th December 2022, 14:29
It won't be easy for Mabellini. I see Paolo Andreucci on the entry list (page 10, category "Over 55" ;) )
https://www.scuderiaetruria.net/public/1670363556.pdf

battle will be andreucci-battistolli.
as for mabellini, i guess the focus will be to gain mileage, not to look for a podium

Jarek Z
9th December 2022, 16:16
Eric Cais has just announced his program for next year. His main focus will be WRC2, where he is going to compete in 7 rounds. But he is also going to compete in at least 5 rounds of ERC 2023:
Fafe,
Canary Islands,
Liepaja,
Roma,
Barum.

His car will be a brand new Škoda Fabia RS Rally2 from Orsák Rallysport.

YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p41oypt-nf0

source:
http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=22458&fbclid=IwAR03_8q0kdcVPqum1jjylKLcB7wKDN3cfNVszSLAy idh6mlrzLLbH6_IM8k

Kenneth
9th December 2022, 16:48
Cais also became Red Bull Athlete and will be supported by Michelin.

Fast Eddie WRC
9th December 2022, 17:11
And he is hopiing to get funding for the other ERC rounds..

https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2022/cais-to-chase-erc-glory-with-new-skoda/

RS
9th December 2022, 17:30
Cais a great addition for ERC, especially in a more competitive car.

Kopecky could have a tough time on Barum 2023!

manthey
9th December 2022, 18:52
Cais this year had less raw speed than what he showed last year... I remember he almost win at Barum... So fiesta had a part on this 2022?

PLuto
10th December 2022, 11:21
Cais this year had less raw speed than what he showed last year... I remember he almost win at Barum... So fiesta had a part on this 2022?

There are many various reasons. Other cars had development, Ford almost nothing. Also there was new fuel mandatory in WRC, which brought lot of problems to all manufacturers. There were lot of problems with pop-offs etc. But, of course, it was not only about the car.

YerayEcoBoost
10th December 2022, 14:23
This should be the year that Simon Wagner makes a full assault on the FIA ERC with the new Skoda machinery. After two consecutive national titles it should be his thing. It would be wonderful for the championship.

Andre Oliveira
10th December 2022, 19:58
Fiesta will receive a big development package soon.

Kenneth
10th December 2022, 23:25
Soon is a bit late when the only private driver who keeped pace on top in Ford switched to Skoda

manthey
11th December 2022, 07:33
Fiesta will receive a big development package soon.We already know jokers on engine, what's new? Any Red-Grey involvement?

Andre Oliveira
11th December 2022, 15:39
It makes sense mantain ERC4 to Rally4 and Rally5 cars?

Jarek Z
11th December 2022, 17:41
battle will be andreucci-battistolli.
as for mabellini, i guess the focus will be to gain mileage, not to look for a podium

Nobody has a chance against Andreucci! He wins all stages :)
https://rally.ficr.it/#/RAL/programma/1%C2%BA%20RALLY%20DEL%20BRUNELLO%20C.I.R.T./2022/316/38/1

Jarek Z
11th December 2022, 17:45
This should be the year that Simon Wagner makes a full assault on the FIA ERC with the new Skoda machinery. After two consecutive national titles it should be his thing. It would be wonderful for the championship.

Great news about Wagner. It's high time for a full ERC programme for him. Good luck!

Sulland
12th December 2022, 06:42
So doing a Mikkelsen with double trouble. He will have a busy year, and learn a lot!

Eric Cais has just announced his program for next year. His main focus will be WRC2, where he is going to compete in 7 rounds. But he is also going to compete in at least 5 rounds of ERC 2023:
Fafe,
Canary Islands,
Liepaja,
Roma,
Barum.

His car will be a brand new Škoda Fabia RS Rally2 from Orsák Rallysport.

YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p41oypt-nf0

source:
http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=22458&fbclid=IwAR03_8q0kdcVPqum1jjylKLcB7wKDN3cfNVszSLAy idh6mlrzLLbH6_IM8k

Sulland
12th December 2022, 06:43
It makes sense mantain ERC4 to Rally4 and Rally5 cars?

And hopefully keeping cost down with the Hankook deal.

Andre Oliveira
12th December 2022, 10:25
Hankook is only to Junior.

Jarek Z
12th December 2022, 20:00
Very young Estonian talent, called Jaspar Vaher, wants to compete in ERC. He is only 15 years old. Another wonderkid?
https://dirtfish.com/rally/meet-rallyings-latest-wonderkid/

YerayEcoBoost
13th December 2022, 15:25
Great news about Wagner. It's high time for a full ERC programme for him. Good luck!

Today their plans have been revealed:“Of course, it depends a bit on the results. We will definitely do the first four or five rounds and, if we have some chance to finish the season with a podium position, we’ll stick to this plan and try to go for it"

https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2022/wagner-confirms-erc-title-charge/

Fast Eddie WRC
14th December 2022, 12:25
2023 ERC for Ostberg !

https://dirtfish.com/rally/erc/ostberg-planning-erc-program-in-2023/

PLuto
14th December 2022, 14:23
2023 ERC for Ostberg !

It is not first time he is planning season in ERC. So I hope next year it will finally happen.

Fast Eddie WRC
14th December 2022, 14:59
It is not first time he is planning season in ERC. So I hope next year it will finally happen.

Sounds like his family situation will make it more likely this time...

Jarek Z
14th December 2022, 15:46
2023 ERC for Ostberg !

...and for British champion too!
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2022/british-champion-pryce-considering-erc-step-up/

jcevc
14th December 2022, 17:35
Bostjan Avbelj from Slovenia (winner of IRC 2022 in Italy, ahead of Nucita and Rossetti, also Ostberg have some outings without big success) trying to secure budget for a few ERC rallys with rally2 car, probably with same team (MS Munaretto).

Fast Eddie WRC
14th December 2022, 18:06
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2022/british-champion-pryce-considering-erc-step-up/

It would be great to have a Brit in the ERC again. Hope he can get the budget together.

RS
14th December 2022, 19:04
Year two of the new promoter’s tenure already looking much stronger after a poor start.

HKSjbg
14th December 2022, 21:05

I’m gonna be selfish and say I hope not. It sounds like it would be at the expense of a BRC title defence which would be a huge shame just as the BRC seems to be stepping up a gear in terms of the quality of events. Unless someone like Matt Edwards returns and Cronin is still there I fear no one would be left in the BRC if Pryce moves on completely :(

YerayEcoBoost
14th December 2022, 21:06
Bostjan Avbelj from Slovenia (winner of IRC 2022 in Italy, ahead of Nucita and Rossetti, also Ostberg have some outings without big success) trying to secure budget for a few ERC rallys with rally2 car, probably with same team (MS Munaretto).I have also read about the possibility that fellow countryman Rok Turk may put together an international program for 2023?

Enviado desde mi S88Plus mediante Tapatalk

PLuto
14th December 2022, 22:42
It would be great to have a Brit in the ERC again. Hope he can get the budget together.

Matt Edwards was working on ERC budget for this year. And you know how many events he did...

PLuto
14th December 2022, 22:43
It is really nice to write article about who is working on budget and wants to do the championship. I can write tons of similar articles from previous years who was planning to start / working on budgets...

Fast Eddie WRC
15th December 2022, 12:27
I’m gonna be selfish and say I hope not. It sounds like it would be at the expense of a BRC title defence which would be a huge shame just as the BRC seems to be stepping up a gear in terms of the quality of events. Unless someone like Matt Edwards returns and Cronin is still there I fear no one would be left in the BRC if Pryce moves on completely :(

He's more than done his time for the BRC and he would deserve a chance to move on and try something new.

“Winning the British Championship was something I’ve been trying to do for a while,” said Pryce, who works in his family’s construction firm. “Obviously I’ve ticked that box now, so the question I’m kind of left with is what am I going to do next?

“It’s a bit of a tricky situation because I’ve been around the BRC for so many years, but I think it’s time for me to step into something new, really. I’d like to move forward and keep going, and the ERC looks very, very attractive."

Fast Eddie WRC
15th December 2022, 12:32
It is really nice to write article about who is working on budget and wants to do the championship. I can write tons of similar articles from previous years who was planning to start / working on budgets...

Don't be bringing us down all the time. Hope springs eternal and gives us something to look forward to, even if it doesn't always happen. These guys seem genuinely interested in the ERC and we should be grateful for that at least.

TWRC
15th December 2022, 13:19
Csomós sold their Fabia R5 and are soon to reveal their car for next year. They had a seating day yesterday:
https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/320056161_498077178969680_2760524483578812975_n.jp g?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=uDQJFVGX69QAX_NvB-n&_nc_oc=AQl44AWW7dDcfa-q-wGmqcsNDZUWvXso0daT0IfKGZtoolG_XwdqfV6EE9Qeg_PfScg&_nc_ht=scontent-vie1-1.xx&oh=00_AfCZk1XKyubXF9YaZia3GFcE2mUzpF0eUVRxP858MGdF RQ&oe=639FD2BF
If you look closely, Ostberg's name is on the window next to him. This all but confirms the strong rumors that he will be driving a TRT C3 R5 next season.

PLuto
15th December 2022, 13:26
Don't be bringing us down all the time. Hope springs eternal and gives us something to look forward to, even if it doesn't always happen. These guys seem genuinely interested in the ERC and we should be grateful for that at least.

If you know me, I will be really happy if there will be more and more competitors in ERC. I am trying to bring the drivers there for last 20 years. Thats why I know lot of "insider" infos and there is really big list of drivers who were thinking/working on the starts. But like usually, it is mainly about the budget...

Sulland
15th December 2022, 13:42
Its good the ERC gets a little press, rumors and fuss - if this is supposed to be the top level og the FIA regional series, then it needs to get some good teams and drivers!

wyler
15th December 2022, 14:42
If you know me, I will be really happy if there will be more and more competitors in ERC. I am trying to bring the drivers there for last 20 years. Thats why I know lot of "insider" infos and there is really big list of drivers who were thinking/working on the starts. But like usually, it is mainly about the budget...

it's only a good sign if "silly season" of erc reaches the media, even if it's mainly not happening. it will improve coverage and add pr (and roi) value to the championship.

the sniper
16th December 2022, 20:23
I think it's nice that Diftfish are creating a bit of buzz, but people certainly shouldn't attempt to stop the real insight we can be offered by some people posting here.

Fast Eddie WRC
17th December 2022, 10:56
Anything is possible and shouldn't be written off straight away just because it's going to be difficult... Chris Ingram proved this in 2019.

PLuto
17th December 2022, 11:56
I think it's nice that Diftfish are creating a bit of buzz, but people certainly shouldn't attempt to stop the real insight we can be offered by some people posting here.

I am happy that Dirtfish, after their previous disrespect and "arrogancy" to ERC, slowly found that this championship can be interesting ;)

Fast Eddie WRC
20th December 2022, 10:29
DF on Ostberg switching to ERC in 2023...

But is that really such a bad thing for Řstberg’s career? The ERC is a championship that appears to be growing in momentum and appeal, and in competing there he can be the star of the show – not a subplot winner in another category.

And, once again, it’ll afford Řstberg the chance to try something new. He’s appeared in the ERC three times before, winning Rally Hungary in 2021, and done some of next season’s rallies in other championships and classes of cars, but a season-long push will be a fresh challenge for him.

Sulland
20th December 2022, 11:29
Řstberg in ERC is cool, both for him and the series.

Will be interesting to see how he can make a good program, and if any dealerships/importers can make it into a good finanancial year as well.
Maybe a manufacturer also see the benefit in having him drive their brand.

Jarek Z
20th December 2022, 11:33
But is that really such a bad thing for Řstberg’s career?

No :)

Fast Eddie WRC
20th December 2022, 17:28
Řstberg in ERC is cool, both for him and the series.

Will be interesting to see how he can make a good program, and if any dealerships/importers can make it into a good finanancial year as well.
Maybe a manufacturer also see the benefit in having him drive their brand.

Agreed, and having someone like Mads in the ERC will be ideal as a benchmark for the rest.

Just hope he doesn't dominate, either in performance, or just by doing a full-season when some of the other top drivers cant (like Solans last season).

wyler
20th December 2022, 18:18
Agreed, and having someone like Mads in the ERC will be ideal as a benchmark for the rest.

Just hope he doesn't dominate, either in performance, or just by doing a full-season when some of the other top drivers cant (like Solans last season).

unlikely if there is someone with mixed program from wrc, or the likes of paddon, fourmeaux, cais or mikkelsen in some rounds. there will be battle!

YerayEcoBoost
20th December 2022, 20:42
According to this interview, fiery Spanish driver José Antonio 'Cohete' Suárez would be at the start of the 2023 ERC in Fafe and Canarias with a new Skoda Fabia RS Rally2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xXD9yUhKu4&t=797s&ab_channel=OverallMedia

PLuto
20th December 2022, 21:28
But is that really such a bad thing for Řstberg’s career?

After a season in Hungarian championship, ERC is a big step forward for sure :D

Jarek Z
22nd December 2022, 09:30
Italian female driver Rachele Somaschini is working on plans to comppete in six ERC rounds in 2023:
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2022/somaschini-eyes-expanded-erc-campaign-in-2023/

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd December 2022, 10:54
Given that he's been with the Citroen C3 for a while and helped development a lot, it seems likely Ostberg will stay with the car in 2023. He's also got a close relationship with Citroen in Norway.

I wonder if there will be many new Fabia RS cars available to be used in the ERC ?

Jarek Z
22nd December 2022, 13:37
Simone Campedelli hopes for a full European Rally Championship campaign in 2023. He would like to remain in MRF team, but the decision about it will be made next year:
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2022/campedelli-reveals-his-hopes-for-2023/

Danny0405
23rd December 2022, 15:37
Well, only rumors for now so let’s see but a Ostberg/Paddon on ERC could give a very promising year.
Including in addition some rumors about some National Champions (Pryce, M. Franceschi) and some guys like Cais also.

peg306
24th December 2022, 12:36
In an swedish paper rally magazine, yesterday there was an short interview with GN Motorsport (who ran PG Andersson’s Fiesta in swedish championship last years). They said Pontus Tidemand will drive one of their Fiesta Rally2 in 5 ERC rallies 2023, and do a full season 2024. Also working on a start in Rally Sweden for 2023. Haven’t seen anything on Pontus social medias so not sure it’s confirmed.

Fast Eddie WRC
26th December 2022, 15:08
In an swedish paper rally magazine, yesterday there was an short interview with GN Motorsport (who ran PG Andersson’s Fiesta in swedish championship last years). They said Pontus Tidemand will drive one of their Fiesta Rally2 in 5 ERC rallies 2023, and do a full season 2024. Also working on a start in Rally Sweden for 2023. Haven’t seen anything on Pontus social medias so not sure it’s confirmed.

Would love to see Pontus back at International level rallying again (and in a Ford).

PLuto
26th December 2022, 23:12
Pontus was quite close to participation in ERC 2021, there was a project with two Ford Fiesta R5 MkII cars. But it failed, also due to covid issues...

YerayEcoBoost
2nd January 2023, 14:32
Experienced polish driver Grzegorz Grzyb with options of full championship or single rounds of the ERC 2023 combined with the Polish championship.

https://www.motoradiario.com/rallyes/item/9254-la-encrucijada-de-gregorsz-grzyb

YerayEcoBoost
2nd January 2023, 14:35
Young slovenian talent Mark Skulj on selected ERC asphalt events https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230102/f6c96c2d25fd3ec04de9c2ea12c9c578.jpg

YerayEcoBoost
13th January 2023, 12:30
Swedish driver Simon Andersson (Renault Clio Rally4) will participate in selected ERC Junior events starting at Rally Poland
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230113/b0c6819e10f38ece26bb407b1c73c50c.jpg

Andre Oliveira
17th January 2023, 08:50
"To score ERC points, drivers must use tyres from a registered manufacturer. So far for 2023, MICHELIN and MRF have registered, while all Junior ERC entrants must use tyres from Hankook. Tyre use is restricted according to category."

Where is Pirelli?

Btw, logos on website still not updated.

YerayEcoBoost
24th January 2023, 19:36
First advance of the Rally Islas Canarias 2023

https://www.rallyislascanarias.com/index.php/es/noticias3/item/239-el-rally-islas-canarias-toma-forma-de-cara-a-su-edicion-numero-47

TWRC
25th January 2023, 07:27
In the end, Csomós will start with Fabia Rally2 evo this season, instead of the rumored C3 programme. Car is chassis #120, ex-Jíri Hanák:
https://scontent.fbud10-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/323434134_1393308528074134_4498113007364620127_n.j pg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=0n262Z36LmkAX86w6yj&_nc_ht=scontent.fbud10-1.fna&oh=00_AfAPo91-lNWVmYB4lGh2SoFkwkG4eUdJtQ7_KwL66B0ASw&oe=63D5E263

Kenneth
25th January 2023, 10:07
Where is Pirelli?

I suppose there is enough time to registration. Hankook will get registration for Rally2 too.

PLuto
25th January 2023, 10:58
I suppose there is enough time to registration. Hankook will get registration for Rally2 too.

Pirelli will be there, dont worry.

wyler
26th January 2023, 19:21
from italy rumors about crugnola with hiunday rally2 , mrf

manthey
27th January 2023, 05:18
from italy rumors about crugnola with hiunday rally2 , mrfHe developed also clio Rally3

jcevc
27th January 2023, 09:25
Also Breen on first ERC rally as part of Portugal nat. championship.
Another confirmation from Italy, Andrea Nucita in Friulmotor Hyundai i20 rally2.

wyler
27th January 2023, 10:02
rumors has mishap in the name, it's not andrea crugnola, but andrea nucita that will contest erc in a friulmotor hiunday rally2.
(nucita is the one that achieved 4o/a on a monte syage in a fiat rgt some years ago)

https://www.rallylink.it/cms23/index.php/blog/racingnetwork-al-via-del-fia-european-rally-championship-2023

AMSS
27th January 2023, 11:59
Finnish Champion 2022 to compete in ERC 2023
https://www.loudlifemedia.fi/finnish-champion-mikko-heikkila-takes-the-next-step-by-contesting-in-erc-in-2023/?fbclid=IwAR2uqbdt_MjWOdvIPvBQZ8nJCmNSjd4BEjfjlZcz EzfkPxB8L6qa8mfEAqI

lmmjvss
28th January 2023, 15:05
Wait a minute... I kinda didnt watched ERC last year...but Let me get this straight: the "ERC2" is now "ERC Open"? Haha why? Is there any RGT competing yet? I couldnt find any on some of the results I just saw.

Sulland
28th January 2023, 16:59
The ERC homesite is still very much 2022. When will they start to update rules and regulations, teams and carcrews in all classes to the 23 version.

The more PR they can get the better!

PLuto
28th January 2023, 18:37
Wait a minute... I kinda didnt watched ERC last year...but Let me get this straight: the "ERC2" is now "ERC Open"? Haha why? Is there any RGT competing yet? I couldnt find any on some of the results I just saw.

ERC2 has moved for 2022 to ERC Open. As it was made too late and with not so clear rules, not so many participants were there and during the season they disappeared. There is no plan for such category in 2023, unfortunately.

lmmjvss
28th January 2023, 19:17
So no RGTs? jeeez... Im not paying for WRC+ anymore and ERC out from Eurosport became impossible for me to watch here in south america.. Damn

Fast Eddie WRC
1st February 2023, 08:15
McRae name returns to ERC !

https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/mcrae-name-back-in-the-erc-as-max-confirms-junior-entry/

Danny0405
4th February 2023, 12:03
Mathieu Franceschi has confirmed a full ERC program in 2023 with Skoda Evo (2022 French gravel champion, well not the level of the French tarmac championship but it’s a championship that on an improving curve since last year).

Paddon confirmed WRC-2 really expensive and ERC being a possibility

Would be a great thing if the championship could have Ostberg and Paddon as the main names and some national champions (Heikkila and Franceschi confirmed... Pryce evoked). Maybe Llarena also.
Would be the most exciting season for a very long time.

Also Bonato will do half season in ERC (Fafe, Canarias, Roma, Hungary).

Jarek Z
4th February 2023, 15:29
Mathieu Franceschi has confirmed a full ERC program in 2023 with Skoda Evo

Thanks for some good news from France. I see he is brother to Jean-Baptiste Franceschi who was very fast in lower classes of ERC a few years ago. Good luck to him!
https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile/153044-mathieu-franceschi/

Jarek Z
4th February 2023, 15:39
Andrea Nucita to compete in ERC 2023 with Hyundai i20 from Franco Cunico's team:
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/title-winning-nucita-back-in-the-erc-with-a-little-help-from-a-legend/

dupanton
4th February 2023, 17:35
Not only did he win the gravel championship, he won every single rally of the championship. He participated in 4 regional rallies on asphalt as well and... won every single one.
So he had a 100% record of wins last season.

He is fast, curious to see how he will do.

PLuto
5th February 2023, 20:21
Believe me, entry list in ERC will be really very good this year :)

106 sport
6th February 2023, 09:25
Believe me, entry list in ERC will be really very good this year :)

Wow, good news. We know that you are a well informed people.

Tom206wrc
6th February 2023, 11:09
Andrea Zanin and Roberto Daprŕ in ERC 2WD Junior(both with 208 Rally4)under the ACI Team Sport Italia colours :D

PLuto
6th February 2023, 19:52
Andrea Zanin and Roberto Daprŕ in ERC 2WD Junior(both with 208 Rally4)under the ACI Team Sport Italia colours :D

And Alby Battistolli in "big" cars.

Jarek Z
7th February 2023, 17:47
Yes, Automobile Club d’Italia will suport Alberto Battistolli, Roberto Daprŕ and Mattia Zanin in ERC 2023:
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/aci-team-italia-expands-erc-commitment-to-include-three-young-talents/

Andre Oliveira
9th February 2023, 12:06
Tom and Andreas will start ERC Rally Serras de Fafe e Felgueiras in a Citroën C3 Rally2 together with Tagai Racing Technology.

Of course, there have been ripples in the water after last year's successful season with, among other things, gold in the Polish championships, but it is very tough to get everything that is required for a season like this together, especially in these times, says Tom.
I have worked intensively since last fall to get this year's season together, where the goal has always been the FIA ERC - European Rally Championship. As it looks right now, we will start in Portugal, but the goal is of course to try to get starts in all ERC rallys and maybe something more in Sweden too.
Andreas Johansson who co-drived with with me last year will continue this year as well but we will change both car brand and team to drive one of the Tagai Racing Technologies Citroen C3 Rally2.

https://scontent.fopo5-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/328728890_2348287928681518_5655815586945372449_n.j pg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=rSIilGTTLf4AX9lz7O2&_nc_ht=scontent.fopo5-2.fna&oh=00_AfDe2c43sTBcEJGT6apU3bHwsBt0Hny9cQV0jGo0pR94 YA&oe=63EAAFE2

Fast Eddie WRC
9th February 2023, 12:23
Great to hear Tom will be back again.

https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/kristensson-outlines-erc-ambitions-with-new-car-and-team/

Tom206wrc
10th February 2023, 11:38
I hope the Kristensson TRT deal won't mean the end of Östberg with Citroën :mark:

YerayEcoBoost
15th February 2023, 21:36
Veteran German driver Norman Kreuter full season with Peugeot 208 Rally4 in ERC4 class

Jarek Z
16th February 2023, 11:25
Reigning champion joins the party with a new car:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0W3S7dct1EAtX97PCoSm HLCGXLE1KYWoCGDq3nktS1kgRVcVPdQnXVbZbBFugvPUl&id=100053282332809

Fast Eddie WRC
16th February 2023, 17:09
I hope the Kristensson TRT deal won't mean the end of Östberg with Citroën :mark:

There are three SRT run Fabia Evos at the Qatar Intl Rally with Lindholm, Mikkelsen and .... Mads Řstberg. Is this a sign ?

mousti
16th February 2023, 19:59
No this is a standalone deal like last year..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn 2201123G met Tapatalk

Tom206wrc
17th February 2023, 01:46
Veteran German driver Norman Kreuter full season with Peugeot 208 Rally4 in ERC4 class

Apparently, the same for Danish Alfred Kramer Jr and German René Noller(Opel) ;)

PLuto
17th February 2023, 09:53
Apparently, the same for Danish Alfred Kramer Jr and German René Noller(Opel) ;)

Alfred is from Austria and they will not do full season, but their main target are juniors.

Tom206wrc
17th February 2023, 17:53
Of course let's not forget Timo Schulz, winner of the 2022 electric Opel cup, who will drive a Corsa Rally4 in Junior ERC4 ;)

YerayEcoBoost
17th February 2023, 18:35
Mille Johansson (17, Sweden) ERC Junior with Ford Fiesta Rally4 of GN Motorsport

Fast Eddie WRC
21st February 2023, 13:03
Llarena confirmed, but look out for more updates on Team MRF Tyres’ driver line-up for 2023 in the coming days...

https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/champion-llarena-back-to-defend-erc-crown/

PLuto
21st February 2023, 13:07
Llarena confirmed, but look out for more updates on Team MRF Tyres’ driver line-up for 2023 in the coming days...

https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/champion-llarena-back-to-defend-erc-crown/

Yes, there will be much more MRF crews this year :)

Negaiss
22nd February 2023, 06:31
Martins Sesks (winner of ERC Rally Latvia 2022) confirmed on Latvian morning news today, that the plan is to compete in ERC 2023 probably all season. He confirmed that he has entered first Event (Fafe) already an most likely will compete all season. The car - Skoda Fabia Rally 2 (newest). Car ir already bought and already delivered to Latvia, where he will test it out in Rally Aluksne in Latvia this weekend. Great news.

YerayEcoBoost
22nd February 2023, 07:46
Romanian driver Bogdan Cuzma full ERC season with Skoda Fabia Rally2 evo of Keane Motorsport.

Co driver: Ilka Minorhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230222/0d521cbc8918778f1c9bd420dd07c1bd.jpg

PLuto
22nd February 2023, 12:42
Martins Sesks (winner of ERC Rally Latvia 2022) confirmed on Latvian morning news today, that the plan is to compete in ERC 2023 probably all season. He confirmed that he has entered first Event (Fafe) already an most likely will compete all season. The car - Skoda Fabia Rally 2 (newest). Car ir already bought and already delivered to Latvia, where he will test it out in Rally Aluksne in Latvia this weekend. Great news.

Article here - https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/optimistic-sesks-gears-up-for-full-erc-title-assault/

Negaiss
22nd February 2023, 15:20
And also here (latvian) - https://www.go4speed.lv/lv/news/erc/11836-sesks-francis-ar-jauno-skoda-fabia-rs-rally2-aizvadis-pilnu-erc-sezonu/

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd February 2023, 10:24
Yes, there will be much more MRF crews this year :)

https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/italian-talents-added-to-mrfs-erc-line-up/

Jarek Z
24th February 2023, 09:10
Those MRF cars look beautiful, don't they?

Jarek Z
24th February 2023, 09:15
Full ERC campaign for Mathieu Franceschi:
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/maximum-man-franceschi-goes-for-erc-glory/

Andre Oliveira
24th February 2023, 11:50
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/tidemand-reunites-with-mrf-tyres-for-erc-title-bid/

https://www.fiaerc.com/images/redaktion/ERC/2023-News/February/240223_MRF_Tidemand2_31407_frz_1400x788.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
24th February 2023, 12:21
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/tidemand-reunites-with-mrf-tyres-for-erc-title-bid/

https://www.fiaerc.com/images/redaktion/ERC/2023-News/February/240223_MRF_Tidemand2_31407_frz_1400x788.jpg

Good to see a Fiesta Rally2 in 2023 after all the new Fabia's !

AMSS
24th February 2023, 12:42
MRF takes the ERC seriously it seems...

Jarek Z
24th February 2023, 14:14
MRF takes the ERC seriously it seems...

Do I count it correctly that it is their fourth crew already? Llarena, Sesks, Mabellini and now Tidemand?

Tom K
24th February 2023, 14:32
Yes, and it's not over!

Jarek Z
24th February 2023, 14:47
Former hillclimb driver from Romania wants to try rallying now:

https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/high-climbing-cuzma-has-erc-kilometres-in-mind-1/

https://www.pressalert.ro/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/13340229_1009382499099354_5999107997124179752_o-1152x768.jpg

PLuto
24th February 2023, 15:11
And thats still not all. Some names will come soon. Also big ones :)

AMSS
24th February 2023, 16:56
And thats still not all. Some names will come soon. Also big ones :)

Heard some rumours yes..

Tom206wrc
25th February 2023, 09:00
Mads Östberg among them :confused:

Fast Eddie WRC
27th February 2023, 10:04
Mads Östberg among them :confused:

Yep... another with MRF !

https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/ostberg-ready-to-do-battle-in-erc-with-mrf-tyres-dealer-team/

RS
27th February 2023, 10:10
MRF must be spending millions on this, great for us! Thank god FIA/Promoter kept multiple tyre brands for ERC.

Fast Eddie WRC
27th February 2023, 10:21
Ostberg on the attractions of the ERC...

https://dirtfish.com/rally/erc/ostberg-to-fight-for-erc-title-in-2023/

After his previous problems with Pirelli I hope we dont have "moaning Mads", this time at MRF... ;)

Tom206wrc
27th February 2023, 10:40
Great news :D

But I didn't know TRT had two C3s(the other one being for Tom Kristensson) :confused:

Jarek Z
27th February 2023, 10:53
Wow! MRF are crazy. It almost looks like the multiple-car Marlboro or Camel rally teams from the eighties :)

106 sport
27th February 2023, 11:53
THANKS MRF Tyres !!!

106 sport
27th February 2023, 11:55
Rumours in Gran Canaria about Basso with Fabia Rally 2 (Delta Rally)

Sal yet again
27th February 2023, 16:14
With all this MRF activity will be interesting which chassis makes the best use of the tyres

Rallyper
27th February 2023, 16:21
And Tidemand.

Sulland
27th February 2023, 16:46
Wow! MRF are crazy. It almost looks like the multiple-car Marlboro or Camel rally teams from the eighties :)

I am guessing MRF will bid on the next WRC tyre contract, and uses ERC as training!

Andre Oliveira
27th February 2023, 16:46

:snore::snore:

PLuto
27th February 2023, 17:50
Another new name - Filip Mareš - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=22536

Co-driven
27th February 2023, 18:23
I am guessing MRF will bid on the next WRC tyre contract, and uses ERC as training!

I've heard before that MRF won the last bid, when Pirelli came in a few years back.

MRF had a better deal but in the end the manufacturer teams didn't want to risk going with MRF. Don't know how much of a truth is all this, but...

MartijnS
28th February 2023, 04:58
Paddon also doing the full championship with Hyundai!

Rally Hokkaido
28th February 2023, 05:11
Paddon also doing the full championship with Hyundai! MartijnS you beat me to this big news!
From Hayden:
"I hope your year has started well. Although it may seem we have been a little quiet lately, it has been anything but in the background, as we gear up for a massive year ahead.

We are excited to announce we will be doing the full European Rally Championship (ERC) starting in Portugal next week. Our first full European championship since 2017 will take in rounds in Portugal, Poland, Latvia, Sweden, Italy, the Czech Republic, and Hungary. We will be driving a Hyundai i20 N Rally2 car, run by the Italian team BRC with sponsorship from our PRG/Hyundai NZ Rally team.

The ERC is a major FIA championship and, in its 70-year history, has never been won by a non-European. So that's our target, to fight for championship honours. Still, we are under no elusion on how tough that will be, with huge competition from past WRC drivers/winners, current drivers, over six national rally champions, plus many young stars. But we love a challenge, and I am excited to start this one.

It is also fantastic that John will remain in the car with us as we start our 18th season together!

We will, of course, keep you posted, but for anyone that has WRC+, you can watch and follow every stage of ERC events live in the same way as WRC.

We enter a busy period now as we look to announce our NZ campaign soon. However, there will be a lot of travel, many rallies, and many stories to tell throughout the year. A massive thank you for everyone's help, our partners' commitment to our team, and all your support."

Fast Eddie WRC
28th February 2023, 08:50
More from Paddon here...

https://dirtfish.com/rally/erc/paddon-wants-to-become-first-non-european-to-win-erc/

bomber21
28th February 2023, 09:19
Paddon, Ostberg and Tidemand are reviving the ERC and bringing some glory from the WRC!

Sal yet again
28th February 2023, 10:41
Its great that the ERC is getting more interest regardless of whether its exciting new talent or older stars trying to recapture some former glory. If the likes of Paddon and Ostberg get blown into the weeds by the young guns then thats got to be in someone's favour. It still doesn't quite have the feel of the glory days when teams like Grifone and the Jolly Club etc were for all intents and purposes "works" teams but its a great place to build from.

Fast Eddie WRC
28th February 2023, 10:47
Still no news of Nil Solans since this ? :(

https://www.revistascratch.com/erc/noticia/nil-solans-apunta-al-erc-esta-temporada-67708

cosmin_sb
28th February 2023, 12:07
Simone Tempestini will compete again in ERC. He will try to compete 7 rounds, depends on the budget.

Fast Eddie WRC
28th February 2023, 14:07
;)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FqECzNeXsAE2ypp?format=jpg&name=900x900

Andre Oliveira
1st March 2023, 22:26
Nucita MRF too

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FqK_9RgXoAAwD9z?format=jpg&name=medium

106 sport
2nd March 2023, 09:49
I have readed that Paddon will contests 7 rallies, the only one he will not participate is going to be Islas Canarias (Gran Canaria)
It is a pitty...

Someone could confirme me that is true?

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd March 2023, 10:20
I have readed that Paddon will contests 7 rallies, the only one he will not participate is going to be Islas Canarias (Gran Canaria)
It is a pitty...

Someone could confirme me that is true?

Looks true as he has a lot going on back in NZ...

Following the Portuguese ERC event, Paddon flies home to contest the MotorSport NZ Gold Star Hillclimb Championship near Lawrence, Otago in the Hyundai AP4+ over the weekend of 18 and 19 March. The Winmax Brakes-backed event in a one-off, winner-takes-all two-day hillclimb being run by the South Otago Car Club.

The following weekend, Paddon and the Hyundai Kona EV car take part in the Adelaide Motorsport Festival, running 25 and 26 March as part of a showcase of the latest electric and hybrid vehicles, electric race and rally cars, electric bicycles, scooters and motorbikes, and solar and battery technology from around the world."

106 sport
2nd March 2023, 10:27
Looks true as he has a lot going on back in NZ...

Following the Portuguese ERC event, Paddon flies home to contest the MotorSport NZ Gold Star Hillclimb Championship near Lawrence, Otago in the Hyundai AP4+ over the weekend of 18 and 19 March. The Winmax Brakes-backed event in a one-off, winner-takes-all two-day hillclimb being run by the South Otago Car Club.

The following weekend, Paddon and the Hyundai Kona EV car take part in the Adelaide Motorsport Festival, running 25 and 26 March as part of a showcase of the latest electric and hybrid vehicles, electric race and rally cars, electric bicycles, scooters and motorbikes, and solar and battery technology from around the world."

Thank for the info...Let's keep hope

jcevc
2nd March 2023, 12:18
Also Campedelli with MRF backing, so we can rename ERC to MRF rally championship or at least MRFERC :)

dimviii
2nd March 2023, 15:49
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FqN_EoXXoAYxrlA?format=jpg&name=large

Jarek Z
2nd March 2023, 17:24
Whaaat? Another MRF crew? Is it some joke? Can somebody please count them all? ;)

Jarek Z
2nd March 2023, 17:25
Good livery on Campedelli's car!
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/data-driven-campedelli-aims-high-with-mrf-tyres-and-orange1/

Jarek Z
2nd March 2023, 17:27
Another driver in ERC... but no MRF livery? Maybe some mistake?
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/csom--s-hoping-to-mixi-it-at-the-top-of-the-erc/

TWRC
2nd March 2023, 18:58
Another driver in ERC... but no MRF livery? Maybe some mistake?
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/csom--s-hoping-to-mixi-it-at-the-top-of-the-erc/
They are still looking for more sponsors, they have a thin budget unfortunately. They switched from Hankook to Pirelli to be able to score points. They will get Pirelli technical support.

Andre Oliveira
2nd March 2023, 19:37
Hankook score points in 2023.

YerayEcoBoost
2nd March 2023, 21:37
Argentinian Paulo Soria official Renault driver in ERC with the new Clio Rally3.

Starting in Poland

TWRC
3rd March 2023, 09:02
Hankook score points in 2023.
Also, they had the option for Citroen importer backing and TRT car, but opted to go with own car & team - we will see if this was the correct decision, for me not knowing the inside infos, it is a bit strange. I really like them and they already have a big following here, so hopefully more sponsors come aboard and help them this season and in the future.

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd March 2023, 15:53
Paddon interview video:
https://youtu.be/rMvhO1vNDoc

Jarek Z
4th March 2023, 09:44
Rachele Somaschini will contest six events in a Citroën C3 Rally2:
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/rachele-somaschini-all-set-for-expanded-erc-season/

Jarek Z
4th March 2023, 10:05
Six MRF cars in ERC 2023 :O
Efrén Llarena
Mārtiņš Sesks
Simone Campedelli
Mads Řstberg
Pontus Tidemand
Andrea Nucita
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/mrf-tyres-looks-forward-to-exciting-erc-season/

fiscorpun
8th March 2023, 18:05
Six MRF cars in ERC 2023 :O
Efrén Llarena
Mārtiņš Sesks
Simone Campedelli
Mads Řstberg
Pontus Tidemand
Andrea Nucita
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/mrf-tyres-looks-forward-to-exciting-erc-season/

Awesome! We Gotta appreciate this!
But I also love the fact that we have Pirelli, Michelin, MRF, Hankook fighting there. Take notes WRC

Jarek Z
8th March 2023, 20:25
Yes, Hankook confirmed:
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/hankook-confirmed-as-fourth-tyre-manufacturer-for-erc-in-2023/

HKSjbg
10th March 2023, 12:49
WRC Promoter event director Simon Larkin says they want to add a French round to the ERC and for up to 9 rounds in total:

https://dirtfish.com/rally/erc/wrc-promoter-qa-on-ercs-present-future/

“We would like to have an event in France, we’re in discussions with a couple of options there.”

Perhaps a round to fill the gap between Fafe and Canarias or between Barum and Hungary as they are happy with the current spread;

“March to October is absolutely the right time to do it. We get the WRC season kicked off, it gives the competitors a bit more time to find budget to commit and to finish a little bit earlier as well. We’re very happy with the spread.”

RS
12th March 2023, 04:42
Andreas Mikkelsen will start on Azores. Shame it's no longer in ERC!

HKSjbg
12th March 2023, 07:18
Shame it’s also about half the length as the last few years

RallyFan13
18th March 2023, 13:15
Any new addition or replacement is possible in ERC 2023 calendar ?

PLuto
18th March 2023, 15:09
Any new addition or replacement is possible in ERC 2023 calendar ?

Why there should be any?

106 sport
20th March 2023, 09:53
Thank for the info...Let's keep hope

Finally, perhaps Paddon is going to be in Gran Canaria.

YerayEcoBoost
29th March 2023, 15:35
Full ERC Junior season for young german driver René Noller whit Peugeot 208 Rally4 of Team OPV.

Codriver Natalie Solbach-Smicht https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230329/254a2448340f3063a3190390e376da03.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230329/81ded8a363cc52832bf4f9a34b2b5bf2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230329/33922214eb45582c16205d14378d3be3.jpg

Tom206wrc
31st March 2023, 15:57
Interesting!!! Finally Max McRae chose the Racing Factory Team(Portugal)and the Opel Corsa Rally4 as car for his Junior ERC Campaign :eek:

Jarek Z
2nd April 2023, 17:52
Young McRae moves to Scotland, to the McRae family’s hometown of Lanark. In Europe he wants to make a career in this sport:
https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/2023/mcrae-joins-the-racing-factory-for-junior-erc-campaign/

Fast Eddie WRC
4th April 2023, 09:02
Paddon fully committed to ERC after Fafe win...great to hear.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/erc/paddon-increases-his-commitment-to-the-erc/

Fast Eddie WRC
4th April 2023, 09:09
The Ulster Rally may return to ERC if it & its organisers impress the FIA...

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/motor-sport/ulster-rally-given-another-chance-to-shine-under-the-european-spotlight/11641808.html