PDA

View Full Version : Other pursuits?

tannat
19th May 2007, 04:02
Would be nice for us to have a dimension to our personality other than gaming, so aside from gaming what else do you do in your free time?

I have a 5 year old son and 1 year old daughter who keep me quite busy. But when they're napping I enjoy building automotive models, mostly of the rally and GT racing type. When motivated, I work on my 1983 BMW 320i track car, and am a wine nut of the highest order. Not much time for much else beyond that..

Tannat

harvick#1
19th May 2007, 04:37
check my sig, the car is driving me nuts

Brown, Jon Brow
19th May 2007, 10:30
College and work :bigcry:

Donney
19th May 2007, 15:55
Not much free time, but I like building car models, I'm doing a R5 Torude Corse at the moment and I have an Alpine waiting.

I also like reading and listening to music.

tannat
19th May 2007, 18:45
check my sig, the car is driving me nuts

Impressive...

But with such an undertaking you have way too much free time...

Since the arrival of #2 child, I've been struggling for months to finish what will be a not-so-great 1/32 rendition of a Porsche 911GT3RS...

jso1985
19th May 2007, 19:44
what's free time? :p : :(

I used to be quite active with sports but now when I have free time I'm usually too tired for most things so I just watch TV or use internet

real_illusions
19th May 2007, 22:18
free time? never heard of it :P

i have 2 jobs, one at a karting track here in the UK, and i also work for a track day company (also in the UK), working at all the major tracks here and includes a trip to Spa in august.

I do website design as a side job (effectively a 3rd job), see my website in siggy ;) and also photography (mainly of motorsports).

And also sleep, eating and occasionally getting bored. Hardly watch TV as i dont have time plus thers nothing but rubbish on it. Spend pretty much all the time i have at home on the internet.

Thats about it really...

:)

Brown, Jon Brow
19th May 2007, 22:58
When I'm not working at college or racing cars this is how I spend my time.

Sport: Watch Man Utd (bloody Chelsea grrrr :mad :) watch motorsport, mainly BTCC and F1 (only track I get to regularly is Oulton) , I also love playing snooker and pool :D

Music: Rock - alternative and progressive (MUSE, Radiohead, Tool) I also try to play the guitar.

TV: other than sport the only thing I watch is comedy shows like Peep Show and Extras.

Finally : :beer: :beer: :D

tannat
20th May 2007, 21:53
i have 2 jobs, one at a karting track here in the UK, and i also work for a track day company (also in the UK), working at all the major tracks here and includes a trip to Spa in august.

In what capacity do you work for the aforementioned concerns, r_i?

real_illusions
20th May 2007, 21:58
can you ask that again in english? :p :

If i think i know what you mean..

Then - with the kart track - pretty much anything apart from fixing the karts, but mainly race director and flag/start line marshal. (midlandkarting.co.uk if anyone wants to visit ;) )

And track days - work in the pit lane, controlling access to the track along with the marshals who work at the circuit. Amongst other things such as telling any naughty people off who break the rules :p : (bookatrack.com for anyone who wants to visit ;) )

Both part time..but with 2 jobs and web work, i work nearly all the time.

:)

Rat
21st May 2007, 12:09
Apart from ensuring all on CMR2 don't come last, I am Treasurer of the RSOC(Aust), ride a Yamaha TY250 trials bike, enjoy motorsport, keep an eye on my 2 daughters, and work.

Neil Adams
21st May 2007, 12:51
im a graphic designer, full time employed plus freelance work, have just finished my degree so i do have some more spare time now!

also very much into photography, love capturing moments or compositions.

motorsport, neigh.. speed is very much of interest to me. I like anything to do with racing so racing car games obviously, plus i do track days in my 306.
Hopefully doing the brands gp track in july. Since i seem to go well at track days i have entered the dunlop race academy thing.

johnny shell
22nd May 2007, 17:48
well, believe it or not, I'm a yoga teacher. it's the hot yoga, bikram yoga... it's like 110 degrees with as much humidity as we can come up with. don't know what 110 is in euros but I'm sure someone does.

each class is 90 minutes... it's a lot of stretching, balancing, & using your body's own weight for stregnth conditioning.

I took it up when I got older & figured that all the other sports I did would end up killing me some day.

believe it or not, I get the same rush from those yoga classes that I used to get from racing real cars, sky diving, etc.

I guess it's just the way you HAVE to be RIGHT in the moment - no wondering minds under those conditions!

I also spend 3-4 days a week with my 12 year old son, and I'm planning a wedding - to his 5th grade teacher from last year :)

and a honeymoon to Jamaica... then of course there's my 'regular' job.

and, of course, there always beer & other goodies to fill up any quiet moments I may have between it all.