PDA

View Full Version : Fair expectations ?

seppefan
14th December 2006, 11:25
After procrastinating in public over whether Hamilton is up to it Martin Whitmarsh is now saying he needs to score points in his first F1 race.

However it seems to me that Mclaren should be actually saying - we need to give both drivers reliable cars ( and fast ) so they can finish... in the points.

Valve Bounce
14th December 2006, 11:35
After procrastinating in public over whether Hamilton is up to it Martin Whitmarsh is now saying he needs to score points in his first F1 race.

However it seems to me that Mclaren should be actually saying - we need to give both drivers reliable cars ( and fast ) so they can finish... in the points.

I don't see any reason why any rookie has to score points in his first F1 race. There are so many variables which come into play here that I can only suspect Mr Whitmarsh needs to say something controversial so that people will take notice of his rabbitting on.

janneppi
14th December 2006, 12:20
If by some miracle McLaren has the fast car, and Hamilton doesn't crash, then yes, he should be on the points.

samuratt
14th December 2006, 13:38
Maybe Martin was trying to say that they will produce a fast and reliable car, so he should be in the points. But he forgot to mention the first part of the sentence ;)

K-Pu
14th December 2006, 14:07
Sometimes people say things just to say what effect they get... tough these things donīt have to be real or logical. Pointless things have their effects too :D

Roamy
14th December 2006, 15:00
whitmarsh is a idiot

Ian McC
14th December 2006, 21:50
whitmarsh is a idiot

I was thinking that, but wasn't going to say it :p :