PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi M2 for 2007

Leon
14th December 2006, 10:18
The greek site http://www.rally.gr referes to an official announcement from MMSP of entering the 2007 WRC as an M2 team. Drivers will be Gardemeister and 2nd driver-sponsor Khaled Al Quassimi.

miksu
14th December 2006, 10:22
here's the story translated with babelfish:

"H Mitsubishi returns! The fames that wanted the Mitsubishi it returns in the World Championship Ra'lly as constructor M2, were confirmed today, with the statement of MMSP. After one year except fights, the team returns and will participate in 12 fights of institution. Concretely, it will give present in all European and in no one from yperatlantjkoy's. The drivers of team will be the Toni Gardemeister and the Champion Middle East 2005, Khaled Al Qassimi. Of course, the country of last one, the United Arabic Emirates, will be also the main sponsor of all effort. The first appearance of team will become in the Ra'lly of Mo'nte Ka'rlo in 2007 and the cars of will be specifications 2005, and they will be changed in 2007, as soon as will be also definitized the details of new omologkasjo'n from the FIA. This statement became precisely one year after the decision of Mitsubishi to withdraw and it is prepared for her speculated return 2008. the changes in the drawing they were caused by the success of private attendances, as the Daniel Carlsson that skarfa'lwse in po'ntjoym the Ra'lly Sweden, but also the victories in fights in Ireland, Hungary and Letonj'a._P.T."

edit: kinda funny, but i think the main idea is understandable...

Tom206wrc
14th December 2006, 10:29
So no Manfred Stohl in Mitsu 2007(it was one of the latest rumour)?? :confused:

That means he probably keeps on driving Bozian whale ?? :bounce:

animrallye
14th December 2006, 10:44
And no Galli !

Donney
14th December 2006, 10:46
I wonder how good is Mr. Khaled Al Qassimi.

Tom206wrc
14th December 2006, 10:49
And no Carlsson ??? :eek: :s

animrallye
14th December 2006, 10:51
Here's his web page : http://www.khalidalqassimi.com/pages/index.asp

spyros
14th December 2006, 10:52
and no Martin?LOL

Wim_Impreza
14th December 2006, 10:56

http://www.rallybase.nl/index.php?type=profile&driverid=9196

WRC1
14th December 2006, 10:56
but at least toni is back!!!!!!

but wan´t he announced to drive in monte for munchi´s team a focus???

the mitsu project starts also in monte...so.....

Priorat
14th December 2006, 10:59
Mitsubishi already at work this week with Gardemeister on gravel in Catalunya

miksu
14th December 2006, 10:59
but at least toni is back!!!!!!

but wan´t he announced to drive in monte for munchi´s team a focus???

the mitsu project starts also in monte...so.....

maybe he had an option if he signs for another team, and munchi was just a back up... who knows

Donney
14th December 2006, 11:26
Thanks for the inof guys!!!! It seems he won't set the stages on fire but he is welcome anyway.

GigiGalliNo1
14th December 2006, 13:10
Khaled Al Qassimi? not Nassir Al-Alyati? Ah well least we have someone new now! more drivers the better!

306 Cosworth
14th December 2006, 14:36
I won't believe this until I hear it from an official source, any heard any thing from MMSP officially?

doodle
14th December 2006, 15:03
It's Official

Khalid AlQuassimi and Toni Gardermeister in all european rounds next year.

http://www.wrc.com/page/News/BreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111~942809,00.html

GigiGalliNo1
14th December 2006, 16:20
where "doodle"? haha my dogs name is noodle. might buy another dog name him pickle. anyways that's not the story. no news from MMSP-Media site either probably somewhere on another site. Anyone read it? It's 1am in Perth, Australia, off to sleep will probably read the news here in a few hours at work!

doodle
14th December 2006, 16:26
It was there and now it's not, hmmmmmm how very odd.

GigiGalliNo1
14th December 2006, 16:28
indeed. well good nite! 1:30am yikes! cya

GigiGalliNo1
14th December 2006, 16:28
hey well keep me in the loop guys! im so greatfull for a mitsu team to come back! :D

MikeD
14th December 2006, 16:45
http://rally.racing-live.com/wrc/en/accueil/news1.shtml

The news is also here (in english)....and that is great news. The Lancer is a great looking WRC car.

alleskids
14th December 2006, 17:06
Nasser Al Attiyah wil defend his PWRC titlte, with the Qatar Rally Team Impreza. He will continue in Gr.N, because the Middle Eeast Championship is also for Group N if I am not mistaken. It would have made a nice batle of the Arabs.

A.F.F.
14th December 2006, 18:45
All Hail to Garde :up.

Hopefully Mitsu turns out to be both fast and reliable next year.

Speedworx
14th December 2006, 19:10
Good to see Mitsubishi back in WRC :)

koko0703
15th December 2006, 00:48
Welcome back Mitsubishi, welcome back Toni!!! I don't know the 2nd driver but it's always good to see bigger WRCar entry, so another big welcome too :D

Daniel
15th December 2006, 01:39
Perhaps now that Mitsubishi are rid of Pirelli they can make some progress.

aivan
15th December 2006, 08:44

Good enough to pay for the drive. :D

I read in a spanish forum that Al Qassimi is the paying driver but he has imposed the first driver. :eek: I find it REALLY hard to believe.
Anyone knows something about it?

Woodeye
15th December 2006, 09:51
It's great to have Mitsubishi back in WRC. And it's even better to see that there's another Finn driving one. :D

Brother John
15th December 2006, 10:35
It's great to have Mitsubishi back in WRC. And it's even better to see that there's another Finn driving one. :D

Yes I´m a fan of all Finnish drivers :up:
Why wants everyone here always talk as a team manager?
Go to a rally and enjoys each car and each driver which passes!
We have already the F.I.A. which take enough stupid decisions! :p :
:laugh: :laugh:

Priorat
15th December 2006, 11:50
Al Qassimi was testing yesterday on gravel. As I've been told, it seems that you can walk faster than he drives

Ranger
15th December 2006, 12:00
That's a worry. Sure, the more drivers the better, but if we have clowns driving 12 rounds next year then it ain't going to be beneficial at all.

But I'm assuming its to do with sponsorship if he's not that decorated as a driver.

GigiGalliNo1
15th December 2006, 14:18
Perhaps new to the WRC!?

MikeD
15th December 2006, 15:07
That's a worry. Sure, the more drivers the better, but if we have clowns driving 12 rounds next year then it ain't going to be beneficial at all.

But I'm assuming its to do with sponsorship if he's not that decorated as a driver.

I think he brings the "Fly Emirates" sponsorship to Mitsu. (Which btw McLaren F1 have lost after only one year)

jonas_mcrae
15th December 2006, 20:30
would be nice to see Garde in monte with the Focus, a real contender I would think

alleskids
16th December 2006, 12:55
Were is the site of the team, were is the official press release about sponsors for instant ? Is it Fly Emirates Mitsubishi Motors, or is it Power Horse, which sponsored Al-Qasimi last year ? Mitsubishi RalliArt is not saying anything about a MT2 team, nor does Al-Qasim site say anything about a MT2 team.

Simmi
16th December 2006, 13:14
Its the way of rallying in the modern day and I'm sure without Qassimi's sponsors then maybe Garde wouldn't have been able to have a team to step into. Maybe he will take some of the flak for Matt Wilson next season however.

Ranger
16th December 2006, 13:24
I think he brings the "Fly Emirates" sponsorship to Mitsu. (Which btw McLaren F1 have lost after only one year)

McLaren didn't lose it, they just had a bigger bang-for-your-buck deal to replace it.

Would be nice to see how he goes.

GigiGalliNo1
16th December 2006, 13:25
Were is the site of the team, were is the official press release about sponsors for instant ? Is it Fly Emirates Mitsubishi Motors, or is it Power Horse, which sponsored Al-Qasimi last year ? Mitsubishi RalliArt is not saying anything about a MT2 team, nor does Al-Qasim site say anything about a MT2 team.

MMSP don't have their news website up anymore it just goes to Mitsu Motor Sport which is a bummer!

StevoEvo
16th December 2006, 17:50
I love this car, Hope they return to the good times....Soon!!!! :facelick: :burnout:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i281/welshwille/evowrc.jpg

Tomi
16th December 2006, 18:02
maybe Garde wouldn't have been able to have a team to step into. Maybe he will take some of the flak for Matt Wilson next season however.

You forgot he had the Ford possibility too, better this way now he get paid.

paxtech
17th December 2006, 00:09
So no Manfred Stohl in Mitsu 2007(it was one of the latest rumour)?? :confused:

That means he probably keeps on driving Bozian whale ?? :bounce:

Fortunately for Manfred, he gets to drive for OMV Citroen in a Xsara. Good he is rewarded for the good result he won this year.

paxtech
17th December 2006, 00:17
MMSP don't have their news website up anymore it just goes to Mitsu Motor Sport which is a bummer!

Yep, the MMSP media site was far detailed in Mitsubishi's involvement in motorsport. But maybe in January we get to see more news posted on the Mitsu Motorsports WRC site.

Good news indeed for Mitsubishi. At least they have a wealthy sponsor with a very good team mate Toni. In this way, Mitsu will stay sharp as a team while they prepare for a possible 2008 comeback as an M1 team. Can't wait to see the fighterplane Evo X WRC in action.

GigiGalliNo1
17th December 2006, 04:41
Yep, the MMSP media site was far detailed in Mitsubishi's involvement in motorsport. But maybe in January we get to see more news posted on the Mitsu Motorsports WRC site.

Good news indeed for Mitsubishi. At least they have a wealthy sponsor with a very good team mate Toni. In this way, Mitsu will stay sharp as a team while they prepare for a possible 2008 comeback as an M1 team. Can't wait to see the fighterplane Evo X WRC in action.

I ment two days ago i check mmsp-media and it worked, and i logged it, but then the next day i tried again and it just went to the motorsports page. But thank god now we can watch Mitsubishi on TV once again, even if they aren't doin so well, well i sure hope they will do great this season! well in 07!

HaCo
17th December 2006, 11:16
On rallye-magazin it is told that the mutsi team will not be an M2 team, because mitsubushi does not want to back in WRC:

Tranlated statement of mitsu:
"Mitsubishi beendete 2006 das Werksengagement in der Rallye-Weltmeisterschaft, an dieser Situation wird sich auch 2007 nichts ändern."

Back to English:
"Mitsu ended in 2006 their works engagement in the WRC, this situation will not change in 2007".

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/index.php?PHPSESSID=mdgaq8v7qvvbbf8e92p8e1t047&newsID=9683&view=news_detail

alleskids
17th December 2006, 12:22
Mitsubishi is only maintaining and providing the cars to paying custumers, being it Al-Qasimi and Gardemeister and maybe other clients with bugets. Officially it has nothing to do with a works assault. It only is to be a step to a real MMSP works assault in 2008, as long as their financial situatie is allowing it.
In 2007 Mitsubishi is only loaning it's name to the Fly Emirates (???) Mitsubishi team, because the FIA is insisting in having the manufacturers name in the teams title: Red Bull Skoda, Stobart Ford, Munchi's Ford, OMV (Kronos) Citroen, and Fly Emirates (???) Mitsubishi.

GigiGalliNo1
17th December 2006, 12:52
ohhhhhhhh i seee

pucky54
17th December 2006, 12:59
Like I read in the report on rallye-magazin.de, Mitsubishi will not give their Name to the Team, so that they are not able to make an M2-Team. They are just private Entries.

paxtech
17th December 2006, 19:07
But WRC.com is reporting there will be a Mitsubishi M2 team. Let's just hope they do become an M2 team rather than a private one. At least for now we can see the Lancer WRC05 in a lot more rallies. Somehow, that will still present as a learning opportunity for Mitsu to improve the car, and probably incorporate the knowledge to the Evo X WRC in 2008.

HaCo
17th December 2006, 20:18
I hope it will be M2, like that they can "steel" manuf points from superally drivers...

alleskids
17th December 2006, 21:12
A MT2/Manufacturer Team may not use everything that is homologated after 1-1-2007. The Al-Qasimi/Gardemeister team will use the old 2005 version in Monte Carlo, and an updated Lancer WRC2007 for the other European rounds. So the team cannot participate as a M2 team, because then they would be cheating. The only other option is M1 team, which MUST use the latest parts for the car, but then they have to do the entire 16 rounds. The only optio nis to be a well funded private team which happen to have the latest equipment directly from MMSP.

Brother John
17th December 2006, 21:15
A MT2/Manufacturer Team may not use everything that is homologated after 1-1-2007. The Al-Qasimi/Gardemeister team will use the old 2005 version in Monte Carlo, and an updated Lancer WRC2007 for the other European rounds. So the team cannot participate as a M2 team, because then they would be cheating. The only other option is M1 team, which MUST use the latest parts for the car, but then they have to do the entire 16 rounds. The only optio nis to be a well funded private team which happen to have the latest equipment directly from MMSP.

Good thinking alleskids! :up:

alleskids
17th December 2006, 21:51
Onless ofcourse MMSP hurries up and gets the paperwork done before 1-1-2007, just like Citroen might homologate the first version of the C4 WRC, so Kronos could use it halfway the season (hopefully).

DonJippo
17th December 2006, 22:04

You can't drive with non-homogolated car in official FIA event.

GigiGalliNo1
18th December 2006, 00:36
haha

J4MIE
18th December 2006, 01:49
haha

You what? :\

GigiGalliNo1
18th December 2006, 01:55
You can't drive with non-homogolated car in official FIA event.

That's what's funny?

Daniel
18th December 2006, 09:08
Why?

GigiGalliNo1
18th December 2006, 09:09
i dunno

Daniel
18th December 2006, 09:33
You're starting to get on people's nerves. If there isn't a real reason to post or reply to someone's post please don't......

GigiGalliNo1
18th December 2006, 09:41
Ok back to Mitsubishi. Who's their main sponsor? Anyone got any news?

MikeD
18th December 2006, 10:27
Like alleskids wrote, their main sponsor is "Fly Emirates" (which is taken from the McLaren F1 Team)

GigiGalliNo1
18th December 2006, 10:29
Colors?

A.F.F.
18th December 2006, 10:36
I'm not 100% sure but wasn't the livery shiny silver and bright red?

GigiGalliNo1
18th December 2006, 10:37
I mean now because of the sponsorship. What did McLaren look? Silver and Black? Smart Pants

Simmi
18th December 2006, 10:59
McLaren looked silver and black for years with or without Fly Emirates. The Mitsu's will be red methinks.

Fischer
18th December 2006, 12:31
Good to hear that Gardemeister is back.
I wonder where he gets the sponsorship money to finance 12 WRC rounds ?

Tomi
18th December 2006, 12:37

Money is an old invention, everyone should have by now. :)

To be serious he has sponsors offcourse, i guess Koti-Idea and some other smaller companies, he has a manager who is up to his work too.

Fischer
18th December 2006, 12:48
Is he going to drive on Pirelli's and are there any videos/photos of Gardemeisters test with Mitsu?

Tomi
18th December 2006, 12:50
Is he going to drive on Pirelli's and are there any videos/photos of Gardemeisters test with Mitsu?

I dont think they will use pirellis, because Galli is not in the team. Dont know about any photos.

MikeD
18th December 2006, 14:41
McLaren looked silver and black for years with or without Fly Emirates. The Mitsu's will be red methinks.

McLaren was Silver and Black - until "Fly Emirates" arrived as a sponsor in 2006 (only a one year deal). Then the frontwing and the rearwing became red.

But I also think that the Mitsu will be mostly red.

PS: Here is the latest news regarding Mitsu from Crash.net. Looks as if they might not enter as an M2 team, but only as privateers.

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Mitsubishi-won-t-be-back-in--07---but----~cid~4~id~141422.htm

pucky54
18th December 2006, 15:07
He tested with BFs

DonJippo
18th December 2006, 15:11

Who said he has to bring money for the team?

Daniel
18th December 2006, 15:16
Perhaps he's good enough to get paid unlike a lot of other drivers :laugh:

A.F.F.
18th December 2006, 16:16
Toni Gardemeister's seat is not a bought one. That is what Mr.Jouhki said loud and clear. They didn't give any money.

miksu
4th January 2007, 23:24
hmh.

why havent we heard anything from Toni, or from anyone in the team...? i wanna know facts, i wannaaaa!!! its making me paranoid.

DonJippo
5th January 2007, 06:57
hmh.

why havent we heard anything from Toni, or from anyone in the team...? i wanna know facts, i wannaaaa!!! its making me paranoid.

What exactly you want to know that is not known already?

miksu
5th January 2007, 10:01
What exactly you want to know that is not known already?

What i want to hear is something official. really, it was said first that it is a mmsp team, now it SEEMS like its private. The team wasnt in the list from FIA yesterday. And, of course, i just want to hear something from Toni how the tests have been and so on, but there has been nothing.

sal
5th January 2007, 10:51
Gardemeister's drive may not be bought but who's to say Mitsu are paying him either? I'm sure his svengali will make sure the personal sponsors foot his living expenses. If MMRE could have afforded to pay a driver they would have been in the series in 06

Fischer
5th January 2007, 11:35
very silent around Mitsubishi and Gardemeister...

General Prim
5th January 2007, 12:30
I think the Arab guy pays for him, as Pons was fired when Al Quasimi arrive...

swordsman
5th January 2007, 13:31
I think the Arab guy pays for him, as Pons was fired when Al Quasimi arrive...

Correct, the arabs pay his drive from what I've heard. Lucky guy there :) Of course there are probably no salary, but who on his level have that in the WRC?! :) Mitsu is not supporting any drivers, that is very clear from them I think.

DonJippo
5th January 2007, 13:46
What i want to hear is something official. really, it was said first that it is a mmsp team, now it SEEMS like its private. The team wasnt in the list from FIA yesterday.

Yes first it was published as a MT (=M2) entry http://www.rallye-magazin.de/index.php?PHPSESSID=6i63sdvi1a2ts9s7og3bgjefr3&newsID=9674&view=news_detail but few days later Mitsu denied to have any plans for return in any form for 2007 so that was bye bye for MT entry http://www.rallye-magazin.de/index.php?PHPSESSID=6i63sdvi1a2ts9s7og3bgjefr3&newsID=9683&view=news_detail Anyway the entries to Monte and Sweden has been made by MMSP Ltd.

And, of course, i just want to hear something from Toni how the tests have been and so on, but there has been nothing.

Some comments from Toni after first tests are on this article (in finnish), what he says is that "Car is as good as any other WRC car I drove last year and after some set-up changes it fits well to my driving style..."

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/arkisto.shtml/arkistot/muutlajit/2006/12/491282

DonJippo
5th January 2007, 13:47
Correct, the arabs pay his drive from what I've heard. Lucky guy there :) Of course there are probably no salary, but who on his level have that in the WRC?! :) Mitsu is not supporting any drivers, that is very clear from them I think.

Arabs pay that's right and with salary, Toni is one of the six drivers in WRC this year that are paid to drive.

miksu
5th January 2007, 14:17
Yes first it was published as a MT (=M2) entry http://www.rallye-magazin.de/index.php?PHPSESSID=6i63sdvi1a2ts9s7og3bgjefr3&newsID=9674&view=news_detail but few days later Mitsu denied to have any plans for return in any form for 2007 so that was bye bye for MT entry http://www.rallye-magazin.de/index.php?PHPSESSID=6i63sdvi1a2ts9s7og3bgjefr3&newsID=9683&view=news_detail Anyway the entries to Monte and Sweden has been made by MMSP Ltd.

Some comments from Toni after first tests are on this article (in finnish), what he says is that "Car is as good as any other WRC car I drove last year and after some set-up changes it fits well to my driving style..."

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/arkisto.shtml/arkistot/muutlajit/2006/12/491282

Thank you very much!! :)

"car is AT LEAST as good as the cars i drove last year" sounds very positive!

COD
5th January 2007, 21:24
What i want to hear is something official. really, it was said first that it is a mmsp team, now it SEEMS like its private. The team wasnt in the list from FIA yesterday. And, of course, i just want to hear something from Toni how the tests have been and so on, but there has been nothing.

What else than entry and showing up on the events do we need???

miksu
5th January 2007, 22:07

well, i just like interviews, statements, what ever they are from the stars i support...you dont have to read them, but i like to.

JAM
7th January 2007, 19:42

We need to know if will be an M2 Team or not. If they use the old Lancer WRC05 or if they will use a revised Lancer. We need to know a lot of things that we simply don't know. Mitsubishi anounced that will be M2 team in 2007, but when FIA list was released Mitsubishi wasn't there.

Erki
7th January 2007, 19:57
We need to know if will be an M2 Team or not. If they use the old Lancer WRC05 or if they will use a revised Lancer. We need to know a lot of things that we simply don't know. Mitsubishi anounced that will be M2 team in 2007, but when FIA list was released Mitsubishi wasn't there.

FIA announced the list. WHat more do you need for confirmation?

DonJippo
7th January 2007, 20:39
Mitsubishi anounced that will be M2 team in 2007

Mitsubishi has never announced that it will be MT team in 2007.

JAM
8th January 2007, 01:10
FIA announced the list. WHat more do you need for confirmation?

That list could see some teams added until 12 march.

If Mitsubishi didn't announce that would enter as a M2 team, then was my mistake. Sorry.

paxtech
8th January 2007, 01:37

And there wouldn't be a new Lancer WRC. Only the old 2005 spec. Mitsubishi's next WRC car will be based on the Evo X, which has not been released yet. A prototype of Evo X will be shown though at NAIAS, which opened Jan 7.

koko0703
8th January 2007, 02:39
And there wouldn't be a new Lancer WRC. Only the old 2005 spec. Mitsubishi's next WRC car will be based on the Evo X, which has not been released yet. A prototype of Evo X will be shown though at NAIAS, which opened Jan 7.

I thought Mitsubishi was trying to get approval from FIA to use 2006 spec car, which had never been in competition. Appearently they had done some development for 2006 before deciding to withdraw from WRC at the end of 2005.

paxtech
8th January 2007, 05:34
It is my understanding that the Lancer WRC05 got some new parts, and that they need to be homologated, and not a totally new car. Yes you may call it 2006 spec but I bet it will look 99% like the Lancer WRC05

JAM
8th January 2007, 10:02

I wrote "revised Lancer" and not "new Lancer".

swordsman
8th January 2007, 12:11
I'm afraid we may see some VERY bad news in this thread shortly... :(

GigiGalliNo1
8th January 2007, 13:05
how so swordsman?

swordsman
8th January 2007, 13:18
how so swordsman?

Rumours... I'm afraid I can't tell (dont bash me, I know it's annoying). However, I think the quietness has a reason, and not a good reason at all.

GigiGalliNo1
8th January 2007, 14:16
:|

noel157
8th January 2007, 14:51
This is the mystery phonecall about an angry man in Japan and the Lancer is now a Subaru?

swordsman
8th January 2007, 15:48
This is the mystery phonecall about an angry man in Japan and the Lancer is now a Subaru?

That's correct. But I didn't know about the Subaru, just the rest :)

Priorat
8th January 2007, 16:05
Does this mean that Al Qassimi pays Toni's drive?

GigiGalliNo1
8th January 2007, 16:42
Angry phone call.......hrmmm

miksu
8th January 2007, 16:53
i just had a feeling when it was so quiet... damn!!