PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] Ardeca Ypres Rally 2022

Eli
9th March 2022, 08:46
The itinerary has been (sort of) published:
https://mailchi.mp/f0aa59ff1a2f/ardecaypresrally-11427145

As previously reported they will not head to Spa for the final day and the rally will consist of (just) 282 competitive kms.

AnttiL
9th March 2022, 09:22
Thursday:
Nieuwkerke shakedown

Friday:
Vleteren
Westouer
Mesen-Middelhoek
Langemark

Saturday:
Reninge
Dikkebus
Wijtschate
Hollebeke

Sunday:
Watou
Kemmelberg (power stage)

doubled1978
9th March 2022, 17:15
I think it’s a good decision, the idea of using a notable race circuit such as Spa to finish the event isn’t bad in itself, but the long liaison and the fact the cars just look slow on such a big open circuit didn’t do WRC any favours. Better that the rally sticks to its traditional heartland.

GlennM
24th March 2022, 05:57
I think it’s a good decision, the idea of using a notable race circuit such as Spa to finish the event isn’t bad in itself, but the long liaison and the fact the cars just look slow on such a big open circuit didn’t do WRC any favours. Better that the rally sticks to its traditional heartland.

That's true! The 3 hour drive to the opposite side of Belgium was just to much for the (co)drivers and also a hassle for the spectators. The Spa circuit is already occupied on this date so it wasn't an option this year (which I do like).

denkimi
25th March 2022, 17:32
They could have used stages in between ypres and spa. Stops in for example tielt (TAC rally), sint truiden (haspengouw) or huy (condroz) could have cut the liaison in smaller parts. They could still have ended with a powerstage in spa.

AnttiL
25th March 2022, 17:37
But not this year as Spa is occupied

Hartusvuori
26th March 2022, 06:55
But not this year as Spa is occupied

And WRC on Spa would still look stupid, no matter what stages would be used on the way to it.

tommeke_B
26th March 2022, 07:37
They could have used stages in between ypres and spa. Stops in for example tielt (TAC rally), sint truiden (haspengouw) or huy (condroz) could have cut the liaison in smaller parts. They could still have ended with a powerstage in spa.

Tielt isn't between Ypres and Spa... The only reason to go to Spa was a financial one. Nobody's waiting for WRC on circuit, we already had (and might still have) Monza.