PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] Rally Finland 2022

Pages : [1] 2 3

AnttiL
24th February 2022, 13:57
The route will be published on Wednesday 9th of March.

The only thing I know is that city of Jyväskylä announced road closures for the Harju stage, for Thursday and Friday, so it will be again a full length event.

bandit12
24th February 2022, 14:06
I might be veey unpopular but... I really liked last years autumn rally...

AnttiL
9th March 2022, 04:05
Route of Secto Rally Finland 2022
Thursday 4.8.

09.01 Shakedown, Rannankylä (4.46 km)
19.08 SS1 Harju 1 (3.50 km)

Total length of Day 1 special stages: 3.50 km

Friday 5.8.

06.55 Service A, Jyväskylä Paviljonki

08.00 SS2 Laukaa 1 (11.75 km)
08.45 SS3 Lankamaa 1 (21.60 km)

10.40 Service B, Jyväskylä Paviljonki

12.00 SS4 Laukaa 2 (11.75 km)
12.45 SS5 Lankamaa 2 (21.60 km)
14.08 SS6 Harju 2 (2.00 km)

15.13 Service C, Jyväskylä Paviljonki

16.38 SS7 Ässämäki 1 (12.31 km)
17.31 SS8 Sahloinen-Moksi 1 (15.70 km)
18.51 SS9 Ässämäki 2 (12.31 km)
19.44 SS10 Sahloinen-Moksi 2 (15.70 km)

20.59 Service D, Jyväskylä Paviljonki

Total length of Day 2 special stages: 124.72 km

Saturday 6.8.

06.05 Service E, Jyväskylä Paviljonki

08.08 SS11 Päijälä 1 (20.30 km)
09.08 SS12 Rapsula 1 (20.61 km)
10.08 SS13 Patajoki 1 (13.75 km)
11.08 SS14 Vekkula 1 (21.20 km)

13.20 Service F, Jyväskylä Paviljonki

15.38 SS15 Päijälä 2 (20.30 km)
16.38 SS16 Rapsula 2 (20.61 km)
17.38 SS17 Patajoki 2 (13.75 km)
18.38 SS18 Vekkula 2 (21.20 km)

20.18 Service G, Jyväskylä Paviljonki

Total length of Day 3 special stages: 151.72 km

Sunday 7.8.

07.15 Service H, Jyväskylä Paviljonki

08.23 SS19 Oittila 1 (11.00 km)
09.38 SS20 Ruuhimäki 1 (11.12 km)
11.01 SS21 Oittila 2 (11.00 km)

11.56 Regrouping, centre of Toivakka

13.18 SS22 Ruuhimäki 2, Wolf Power Stage (11.12 km)

Total length of Day 4 special stages: 44.24 km

Total length of Secto Rally Finland special stages: 324.18 km
Total length of Secto Rally Finland route: 1415.57 km

https://sectorallyfinland.fi/en/itinerary/

MTA
9th March 2022, 04:54
It looks very good!

AnttiL
9th March 2022, 07:31
Quick thoughts

https://itgetsfasternow.com/2022/03/09/rally-finland-2022-route-revealed/

pantealex
9th March 2022, 16:59
https://sectorallyfinland.fi/en/2022/03/09/route-of-secto-rally-finland-2022-harju-stage-gets-major-makeover-super-though-saturday-will-likely-determine-outcome/

(same that AnttiL wrote)

ps. That pictured "stage map" document is named "NORF" :)

AnttiL
9th March 2022, 18:06
https://www.rally-maps.com/Rally-Finland-2022

AnttiL
10th March 2022, 08:18
Sahloinen - Moksi has been shortened, cutting out a technical section at the end. If we take a split time from Tänak's onboard from last year's first pass onto the 2022 finish line, the average speed is 133.3 km/h, which would be clearly the fastest stage of the rally. Of course the new cars will be slower especially on the high speed sections but still it's a candidate for the fastest stage of the rally.

AnttiL
1st April 2022, 08:47
Huttunen starts with Puma Rally1. No April Fools.

https://www.rallit.fi/jari-huttuselle-loistava-uutinen-marcus-gronholm-tama-ei-ole-aprillipila/

Rallyper
1st April 2022, 10:31
Huttunen starts with Puma Rally1. No April Fools.

https://www.rallit.fi/jari-huttuselle-loistava-uutinen-marcus-gronholm-tama-ei-ole-aprillipila/

Good news. And couldn´t seriously be an April fool message.

Looking forward to see Huttunen live in August.

tommeke_B
1st May 2022, 11:06
About tickets... Just checked this, you can only buy a physical pass in Finland (must be sent to Finnish address). What's the value of a "electronic" ticket when your phone runs out of battery?

matek22
9th May 2022, 09:42
Does anyone know where this flat out spots are?
https://youtu.be/7CxW0gDvFWw

the sniper
9th May 2022, 10:20
Does anyone know where this flat out spots are?
https://youtu.be/7CxW0gDvFWw

The two shots after 1m02s are Vesala, which was the Shakedown stage for the last few years, has been used both direction but isn't included in this year's route.

matek22
9th May 2022, 16:19
The two shots after 1m02s are Vesala, which was the Shakedown stage for the last few years, has been used both direction but isn't included in this year's route.

Okay. Thank you

Mk2 RS2000
13th May 2022, 07:21
So what is the personal safety opinion regarding attending this event in view of what is happening in the world scene with regards to Russia's actions with its neighbouring countries and the possibility of both Finland and Sweden applying to join NATO We are so far away from what is happening and have to rely? on the news media to guide us as to if we should make our travel bookings etc So some balanced opinions from those close to where everything is happening would be appreciated

AnttiL
13th May 2022, 07:30
I wouldn't be worried.

satnav
22nd May 2022, 22:16
Missed last year, booked for this year again

GaryBGC
10th June 2022, 09:00
Hello rally fans,

This year I'm going to be 1st time on Rally Finland. If you can answer some of my questions about that, I would be delighted.

1. Can you give me some co-ordinates for a good, spectacular spots to watch stages?
2. Are tickets necessary to get in to the stage? Will we not be able to get in to the stage without tickets?
3. Also if you can give me some advices witch I didn't ask about, but will help us in spending nice time on Rally, I would be really thankful.

Thank you!

WRCStan
10th June 2022, 10:21
Hello rally fans,

This year I'm going to be 1st time on Rally Finland. If you can answer some of my questions about that, I would be delighted.

1. Can you give me some co-ordinates for a good, spectacular spots to watch stages?
2. Are tickets necessary to get in to the stage? Will we not be able to get in to the stage without tickets?
3. Also if you can give me some advices witch I didn't ask about, but will help us in spending nice time on Rally, I would be really thankful.

Thank you!

1. You won't go wrong
2. Get a pass. Some stages will check and some will also charge €5-10 for parking. Some stages will be possible to get in free. Unless you find out why and how this is, is it worth risking?
3. Mosquito spray. You'll only fail on this once.

Rallyper
10th June 2022, 14:18
Hello rally fans,

Thank you!

Rubber boots, rain clothes. Cap if sunny. Parking often well placed, but prepare for walking a lot to the best spots...

pantealex
10th June 2022, 14:48

1. Buy Official (there are also unofficial ones with just Finnish language) Rally Program, it has more than enough spectating places for 1st timer mentioned...

2. I would say YES mandatory, you will need lot of skills and luck to go without. Same rallypass let's you go in to Service park and it's 99% sure you can't go in there without ticket.
Some of forest stages have first ticket sales points 5km/3miles before stage, so prepare to long walk in forest if you don't want to buy ticket...

GaryBGC
10th June 2022, 16:31
Thank You so much guys for your help! Coming there from Poland so I want to get as much info as possible. Hope to see some of You in Jyvaskyla!

satnav
13th June 2022, 22:11
Hello rally fans,

Thank you!

Get the official rally programme, lots of info and good points, there's also a good local one in Finnish only, a nice one to have as a momento as well.

Get a pass, there are usually good parking places near the stages but be prepared for some walking as well.

Mosquito spray is a must.

The street where the cars assemble before the Harju stage is a really good place to get a different view on the rally, also you will meet some friends for life at a fantastic rally.

This is maybe your 1st time , it will be the 1st off many, you will be hooked, just enjoy.

SubaruNorway
14th June 2022, 15:17
WRC+ onboards is very useful for finding good places, you also have a map on there you can follow.
Not always so easy to judge what is a jump or not.
As long as you avoid junctions and most of the spectator areas and find some places with speed, crests and jumps you can't go wrong. Nothing better than finding your own spot

Use rally-maps.com and right click to get coordinates, planetemarcus.com/saison-wrc/wrc-rallye-finlande-2022/ also posts kmz files soon i think which you can add to my maps in google so you get all stages in google maps if you don't use a gps.
I always add a lot of stuff in my gps before i leave home.

EstWRC
14th June 2022, 19:41
Hello rally fans,

Thank you!

1. It's difficult to give the recommendations, people like different things. Like has been said here, buy the official program or watch the onboards on wrc+....or contact Antti ;)

2. Yes, they are necessary, they dont control it everywhere but they do it quite often. Actually it kinda depends, i have been to the rally since 2015 (except 2021), i remember one year they controlled it basically everywhere and then the other year they didnt control it basically at all. But still better to have it. Have some cash with you, you have to pay for the parking basically everywhere, not only night time but also day time when you are going to different stages.

3. Bring warm clothes and hiking boots with you, definitely two pair of shoes are needed and a raincoat or umbrella. Yeah its august and summertime but for example in 2019 its was so cold during nights that i thought i will freeze to death in the tent, i was shaking all night long while sleeping and couldnt wait for the morning, so it can get very cold but then again 2018 it was so hot all the time, be prepared for both. OF course i dont know how are you travelling there, if you are going with the camper van then no problems at all. A barbecue grill is a must, plastic dishes, pot and a pan, food, freezer, knife definitely, folding chairs (you have to be early on some stages and its more comfortable to sit and wait) alcohol, good mood, backpack, flags and shirts for the ones you support.

E: oh and a small radio is a MUST, there isnt mobile connection everywhere, so you can at least hear the results on the radio. and battery banks for mobiles.

These are things from top of my head.

And i cant wait for it, going again this year.

GaryBGC
23rd June 2022, 07:06
Thank you for your help from the bottom of my heart guys, hope to see you in Finland!

pantealex
4th July 2022, 07:15
Entry closes today (Monday), FIA approved list will be published this Friday

Maybe we will get some general info before that ...

AnttiL
4th July 2022, 09:02
Pajari with Skoda Fabia Rally2 evo

Fast Eddie WRC
6th July 2022, 14:59
Puma for Huttunen confirmed...

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/huttunen-graduates-to-m-sport-wrc-puma-at-rally-finland/10333936/

macebig
6th July 2022, 18:52
Let's see what can Huttunen do with the Puma. Maybe if Loubet continues his good momentum from Sardegna and Breen can stabilise his performance, Ford will have a good trio for 2023.

AnttiL
8th July 2022, 07:18
https://twitter.com/hartusvuoriwrc/status/1545303309464084482?s=21&t=jN6kcu6I7Ip_FNgGIy_D0Q

45 entries (like Gryazin will not start)

pantealex
8th July 2022, 07:38
https://twitter.com/hartusvuoriwrc/status/1545303309464084482?s=21&t=jN6kcu6I7Ip_FNgGIy_D0Q

There is another ANA also.

Clio Rally5 driver has Dutch license but Russian passport.

pantealex
8th July 2022, 07:45
https://akk.autourheilu.fi/Public/Kiti/Competition/CompetitionEnrollListPlain.aspx?id=15693

Support event "Vetomies" names
-4WD alphabetically
-2WD alphabetically

3x Australian
1x Italian

couple of cancelations but about 90 will start.

RS
8th July 2022, 08:15
No new Fabia here in the end.. shame, i guess Lindholm would have liked to have had it there.

AnttiL
8th July 2022, 09:57
Recce vids

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6UO-8AOAEuTP2fCGH8b9Bmj_2gA9wEES

mknight
8th July 2022, 11:15
Let's see what can Huttunen do with the Puma. Maybe if Loubet continues his good momentum from Sardegna and Breen can stabilise his performance, Ford will have a good trio for 2023.

Do you seriously think MSPORT drivers are picked based on performance?

Loubet has money, so there certainly is hope (though Greensmith has more money) Huttunen doesn't seem to have much money.

Anyway I wish Huttunen good luck, way overdue to start with WRC.

rallyfiend
8th July 2022, 11:43

I don't think there's an issue with him in Finland. I read that Finland is even allowing Russian tourists in....

pantealex
8th July 2022, 14:02
No new Fabia here in the end.. shame, i guess Lindholm would have liked to have had it there.

That's probably the case but:

How do you know it ? Did they mention that they will be using old one ?

New RS has no homologation number yet, so in any cases you have to make your entry with old one but you can swap car after August 1st...

Co-driven
8th July 2022, 17:10
From what I understood, if all goes well they will be able to debut the car in Greece.

RS
8th July 2022, 18:29
That's probably the case but:

How do you know it ? Did they mention that they will be using old one ?

New RS has no homologation number yet, so in any cases you have to make your entry with old one but you can swap car after August 1st...

They could.. i would be surprised if they debuted it with just Lindholm, although I would be happy to see it.

Danny0405
8th July 2022, 18:39
If I remember well, Skoda’s boss said that, with components issues currently, best possible for the first official outing (at least in WRC) was Greece and even there, it was not guaranteed
Maybe they may get faster with 0 car in Czechia this week?
But is there a sense with no Mikkelsen in Finland (and probably Belgium)?

satnav
8th July 2022, 20:12
As well as the official Stage Recce Videos there is a guy who has stage videos on you tube that are well worth a look,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfQ4ut0zz9k

This is the one for the shakedown he has others as well.

mknight
8th July 2022, 21:09
If I remember well, Skoda’s boss said that, with components issues currently, best possible for the first official outing (at least in WRC) was Greece and even there, it was not guaranteed
Maybe they may get faster with 0 car in Czechia this week?
But is there a sense with no Mikkelsen in Finland (and probably Belgium)?

Only 3 starts left (7 max).

- Estonia is already confirmed
- One has to be outside Europe to get teampoints (NZ or Japan)

The one start left definitely should be Fabia debut, but Greece also makes most sense since he drove and won there last year, while he hasn't driven Finland in lower category car since like 2012. Finland would make sense if the car was ready as it's the kind of rally where the car should excell.

WRCStan
8th July 2022, 21:50
- One has to be outside Europe to get teampoints (NZ or Japan)

Drivers and teams can nominate rounds independently and neither are obliged to go outside Europe.

Danny0405
9th July 2022, 00:16
Drivers and teams can nominate rounds independently and neither are obliged to go outside Europe.

To be more precise:
- drivers can nominate in 7 rounds anywhere
- teams can nominate up to 6 rounds in Europe (maximum) and up to 1 event outside Europe as an additional 7th round.

And I don’t see any interest for Toksport to send car in New Zealand or Japan (too much cost, all the more with new cars not that much available).

For me, now than Mikkelsen is not entered in Finland, it is clear that his end of season is Estonia-Greece-Spain (Belgium too specific in my opinion)
So the only question mark is if some Toksport’s drivers can have the new car in Greece or if they will have to wait Catalunya

mknight
9th July 2022, 18:03
- teams can nominate up to 6 rounds in Europe (maximum) and up to 1 event outside Europe as an additional 7th round.

And I don’t see any interest for Toksport to send car in New Zealand or Japan (too much cost, all the more with new cars not that much available).

A bit of a contradiction?

Clearly if they feel the need to ensure team title, they will drive outside Europe.

I expect they are quite interested in getting it after losing it to "themselves"(Gryazin in Monza) last year and with driver title uncertain after the two engine failures.

Hyundai is quite likely to start in NZ or Japan or both.

Danny0405
9th July 2022, 23:41
A bit of a contradiction?

Clearly if they feel the need to ensure team title, they will drive outside Europe.

I expect they are quite interested in getting it after losing it to "themselves"(Gryazin in Monza) last year and with driver title uncertain after the two engine failures.

Hyundai is quite likely to start in NZ or Japan or both.

Don’t overrate the team title visibility, I clearly don’t think it’s a main topic for Toksport, the real main point is winning the driver championship and honestly, a lot of people don’t care.
+ it’s maximum 1 non-European event as a bonus one so Hyundai can do one at most (NZ could be possible with Paddon already there so it’s the most possible case). But spending money to go to Pacific rally for this a non-sense in my opinion; Kenya would have be more clever in that case.

And in the worst case scenario, there are only 2 R5 cars in Japan Rally today: the Skoda cars used by Kovalainen and the old Japanese guy who was in Croatia. If Toksport really has an issue to win the championship, they still can fund them in exchange for scoring for Toksport (a bit as Movisport model last year); it’s less expensive and almost sure of a 1-2 result as long as they finish.
But I’m pretty sure Toksport will not use this trick except if Hyundai breaks the «*deal*» by registering in New Zealand as a team.

AnttiL
10th July 2022, 17:10
Follow this guy on youtube for presenting spectator viewing points on the stages. In Rally English!

https://youtu.be/tWLUdvWqGIY

https://youtu.be/H1xB9ga5Oj4

DocMS
12th July 2022, 17:02
Where do you get information on spectator access points etc? I have pass bought but no programme etc seems available?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

polomayu
12th July 2022, 19:30
I checked it in the website today and if I remember properly it will be released on july 27h

pantealex
13th July 2022, 16:28
I checked it in the website today and if I remember properly it will be released on july 27h

YES, official program made by local newspaper "Keskisuomalainen" is available July 27th. Most probably online version also.

AnttiL
20th July 2022, 05:59
https://itgetsfasternow.com/2022/07/20/route-preview-rally-finland-2022/

Route preview is live.
- New shakedown, updated Harju super special
- Two midday services on Friday
- Friday is mostly narrow but very fast and has almost no jumps.
- Saturday and Sunday are more technical and less fast, but also have nice wide road sections and jumps.
- 3/4 Friday stages and both Sunday stages but only a fourth of the long Saturday route are familiar from last year

DocMS
20th July 2022, 08:10
This my first Rally Finland so.i have few questions?

Can you walk stages before a certain time? (had major issues with this in Sweden)

Do you pay for parking at stages?

Does Finland run a National section similar to other rallies after or between runs?

And if anyone has any tips I would greatly appreciate it.

I actually booked this Trip back in November 2019

AnttiL
20th July 2022, 10:59

Can you walk stages before a certain time? (had major issues with this in Sweden)

Does Finland run a National section similar to other rallies after or between runs?

Last year walking on stage had to stop one hour before first rally car on the stage.

Parking costs if you're at an official parking zone. You can also use "unofficial" access roads but some of them might be closed quite far from the stage and/or might be too narrow for parking.

On Saturday there's the national Vetomies competition.

Hartusvuori
20th July 2022, 11:47

One hour before is the guideline, but it really depends on how the marshal on site is behaving. Appreciation both ways help and if spectators don't do anything stupid, then often marshals act common too. On more popular spectating points, especially those that have been used many times, there are good paths in the forest or the field too.

Parking is something you should prepare a small budget and small cash. Last years it's been €5 always, whether it's field park or roadside. So parking can easily take up to 30-40 euros during the event. Then, like Antti mentioned, some accesses don't have anything, but those are usually the more extreme ones. Last year we had to pay the parking fee because our very small access road and a walk through thd forest started just after the parking area. Parking income goes (mainly) to the locals and it's their roads, their lands, we are their guests, so at least for me it's easy to accept these fees.

Vetomies competition will do SS Harju on Friday and then all stages once between the WRC runs.

Friday
Harju 17.00

Saturday
Päijälä 10.18
Rapsula 11.15
Patajoki 12.30
Vekkula 13.15

There is over 90 entrants.

pantealex
21st July 2022, 18:58
https://sectorallyfinland.fi/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Vetomies_osallistujalista_2022.pdf

Vetomies (support event) entries with numbers.
2WD is like reversed, faster ones comes later, quality of 2WD is very good.

SubaruNorway
22nd July 2022, 10:38
What is this Friday... All the good parts missing

AnttiL
26th July 2022, 09:58
Official spectator guide out tomorrow. Likely also virtually.

https://twitter.com/mantyari/status/1551816710348480513?s=21&t=FNz7FB43YcbincBaZvQk6w

AnttiL
26th July 2022, 10:43
Official spectator guide out tomorrow. Likely also virtually.

https://twitter.com/mantyari/status/1551816710348480513?s=21&t=FNz7FB43YcbincBaZvQk6w

https://nakoislehti.media.fi/keskisuomalainen/a6668211-5d28-4410-af84-cdefc09b7614/16?lang=fi

Rallyper
26th July 2022, 13:32
Looks like Ruokomäentie is closed to get to Ahola... :(

AnttiL
26th July 2022, 18:23
Seems that shakedown will get very crowded quick. I guess we have to skip it…

satnav
26th July 2022, 21:52
Yes looks like Shakedown will be a challenge, time will tell

Jewy46
27th July 2022, 09:56
Seems that shakedown will get very crowded quick. I guess we have to skip it…

Why do you say that Antti?

AnttiL
27th July 2022, 10:36
I'm hearing this more from people who go spectating more than I do, but essentially:
- the only large spectating area is the junction
- The start and finish only offer "bushy" spectating zones and possibly limited parking along a road
- The middle spectating point is only available if you walk there a long distance one hour before the stage and stay there until the stage ends five hours later.
- Much of the stage is a private area so these aforementioned places are the only spots you are allowed to spectate.
- In comparison, almost all of Vesala was allowed for spectating, and had two access points in addition to the start and finish.

EstWRC
27th July 2022, 10:41
I'm hearing this more from people who go spectating more than I do, but essentially:
- the only large spectating area is the junction
- The start and finish only offer "bushy" spectating zones and possibly limited parking along a road
- The middle spectating point is only available if you walk there a long distance one hour before the stage and stay there until the stage ends five hours later.
- Much of the stage is a private area so these are the only spots you are allowed to spectate.
- In comparison, almost all of Vesala was allowed for spectating, and had two access points in addition to the start and finish.

agreed, you are on point with everything. shakedown is boring as hell too IMO, basically straight all the time

was makin the route for us yesterday and its bad, dont like this years itinerary at all

Jewy46
27th July 2022, 11:05
Thanks guys.

Something to keep in mind. I guess we will go anyway and try make the best of that stage, last year's shakedown was simply the best place I've ever got to watch a the WRC.....Unbelievable speed!! Such a pity theyve changed the stage for this year.

You might have seen us on J-Records videos. We were the guys with the Ireland flag :D

DocMS
27th July 2022, 14:56
Has anyone any recommendations on where to go on stages? Preferable away from spectators areas. Fast flowing typical Finland and not square junctions. Don't mind walking few kms from junctions.
Also the access roads on the maps that are not marked as spectator parking etc, are these accessible or do they close them?

SubaruNorway
27th July 2022, 15:02
I don't remember shakedown being so bad in 2010, walked in from the start to the junction and back.
I just remember some thorn bushes near the start cutting across the first left hander so watch out for those!
I'm confused, you can only spectate the private area where it's marked in orange...?

@Jewy46 i had some Irish people sing in my video just before that fast right?

It's hard to give advice, there is a lot of fast and flowing this year though you just have to find a spot with decent view, sometimes hard to see from WRC+ onboards so i always check. Most of the roads around the stages have been open if you see the mark close by the stage, unless it's like east of Päijälä where you see two marks going into the narrow road loop and east of Patajoki into tight junction left where you needed a Media/AUX sticker to get in last year. (Some got in another way) Best to check them.
Joonas did some stages last year also, better quality than the recce onboards
https://www.youtube.com/c/JoonasL%C3%B6nn/videos

AnttiL
27th July 2022, 15:08
I'm confused, you can only spectate the private area where it's marked in orange...?

No the exact opposite, no spectating in orange private areas, only in the four designated areas

Jewy46
27th July 2022, 15:35
I don't remember shakedown being so bad in 2010, walked in from the start to the junction and back.
I just remember some thorn bushes near the start cutting across the first left hander so watch out for those!

@Jewy46 i had some Irish people sing in my video just before that fast right?

It's hard to give advice, there is a lot of fast and flowing this year though you just have to find a spot with decent view, sometimes hard to see from WRC+ onboards so i always check. Most of the roads around the stages have been open if you see the mark close by the stage, unless it's like east of Päijälä where you see two marks going into the narrow road loop and east of Patajoki into tight junction left where you needed a Media/AUX sticker to get in last year. (Some got in another way) Best to check them.
Joonas did some stages last year also, better quality than the recce onboards
https://www.youtube.com/c/JoonasL%C3%B6nn/videos

That was us Tor, how could I forget it was your video that we were in! :)
It was an excellent place to spectate, the speed of the 2017 WRC cars was outrageous. Totally flat out!

pantealex
27th July 2022, 18:21
agreed, you are on point with everything. shakedown is boring as hell too IMO, basically straight all the time

was makin the route for us yesterday and its bad, dont like this years itinerary at all

I have driven SD 4 times now, 1st road is not straight and easy, it's challenging...

COC said to me yesterday that Shakedown is excellent, it has everything in it what Rally Finland has. It allows drivers to come back Service Park after every run.

But yes for spectators it's very difficult ...

and organization knows it but purpose of Shakedown is to help competitors.

One thing: car #52 young Justus Räikkönen with P208 Rally4 will drive Shakedown in same time slot than Rally1 because he is invited to FIA Press conference.

pantealex
27th July 2022, 18:35
Follow this guy on youtube for presenting spectator viewing points on the stages. In Rally English!

https://youtu.be/tWLUdvWqGIY

https://youtu.be/H1xB9ga5Oj4

COC told me that his videos are "very wrong"
Many of his places are "no spectators" zones because quite many land owners are not rally people and don't want spectators to their land/field. So prepare to have "Plan B" for spectating spot.
My memory is bad so I don't remember which stages COC mentioned but they had to hire more Marshalls for some places because he was advertising those forbidden places.

matek22
27th July 2022, 20:02
Where is possible to park the car on Paijala if I want to watch ss somewhere before finish? There is no official parking and all roads to finish are closed ...

AnttiL
28th July 2022, 05:51
COC told me that his videos are "very wrong"
Many of his places are "no spectators" zones because quite many land owners are not rally people and don't want spectators to their land/field. So prepare to have "Plan B" for spectating spot.
My memory is bad so I don't remember which stages COC mentioned but they had to hire more Marshalls for some places because he was advertising those forbidden places.

That is sad to hear. Obviously the video is targeted at people who are so experienced at spectating rallies that they know to respect land owners, because they know it's important for not canceling a run of a stage and having the rally there next year as well. But some "tourist" could find these videos and consider them an official spectator guide...

Rallyper
28th July 2022, 08:33
I don´t think Joonas videos will harm anything for the rally and landowners. As AnttiL says.

I would rather say he points out where not to go, because he is very accurate in his videos. I think COC should not worry. Big crowds will be on ordinary spectating spots.

Fast Eddie WRC
28th July 2022, 17:05
Huttunen's Puma ready for Finland:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYxNnmAXoAABsJC?format=jpg&name=large

SubaruNorway
28th July 2022, 18:41
Most of us often end up in the same places anyway now with WRC+, like in Vekkula i had already picked out 4 of the interesting places he also stopped from the recce video.

AnttiL
28th July 2022, 18:59
Most of us often end up in the same places anyway now with WRC+, like in Vekkula i had already picked out 4 of the interesting places he also stopped from the recce video.

Vekkula is not on WRC+ yet

SubaruNorway
28th July 2022, 19:25
Vekkula is not on WRC+ yet

I know, i reffered to the recce video by the organizer.
Experienced this in Sweden once how WRC+ helps, on the new stage Nyckelvattnet that you couldn't recce yourself because it was closed. 1st run we were 2 people, 2nd run there was 20 because people had seen the place on All live

pantealex
30th July 2022, 16:04
First 500m of Vekkula stage is "no go" zone, you can't access it even by walking without "resident permission / asukas lupa" paper, access roads are blocked from "bigger road"

Big field by "Morvantie" address is first possible place to spectate. Official "Himos-Jämsä" spectating area is there, with all kind of catering/food opportunities + big viewing screen.

AnttiL
30th July 2022, 16:23
Are you sure? Official spectator areas A and B are before 2,2 km. Only the very first 500m is forbidden, probably because of farm animals and farmyards.

pantealex
30th July 2022, 16:49
Are you sure? Official spectator areas A and B are before 2,2 km. Only the very first 500m is forbidden, probably because of farm animals and farmyards.

They said to me 2,2km BUT official program has it like you say so it's that first 500M before that big field.
(will edit my post)

AnttiL
30th July 2022, 17:11
And also the spectator guide says "no spectators to the start"

pantealex
31st July 2022, 08:32
And also the spectator guide says "no spectators to the start"

Young forest (taimikko) just before 1st spectator area and one new "household owner" who has never seen a rally car / doesn't understand what rally is.

drive
31st July 2022, 15:31
Anyone made google maps?

satnav
31st July 2022, 15:45
Anyone made google maps?

Lots of maps out there;

Google earth map PlanetMarcus as always.......http://planetemarcus.com/saison-wrc/wrc-rallye-finlande-2022/

Also there are Rally Maps as well .....https://www.rally-maps.com/Rally-Finland-2022

AnttiL
31st July 2022, 19:59
So, M-Sport did not test in Finland

DocMS
1st August 2022, 09:41
How many minute intervals does the Vetomies run at on the Saturday?

EstWRC
2nd August 2022, 06:00
Thunderstorm warning for today?

And it seems there will be some amount of rain on Thursday and Friday?

tommeke_B
2nd August 2022, 06:18
How many minute intervals does the Vetomies run at on the Saturday?

I think it's usually 1min for all, maybe a 2min gap between the last 2WD car and first 4WD. However be careful towards the finish of the stages, the gaps between those cars can differ quite a lot between these. ;) Seen the vetomies quite a few times in Finland, was never disappointed.

pantealex
2nd August 2022, 06:32
This year first Vetomies cars could be bit boring because starting order for 2WD is reversed. Standard Focus/Fiesta 1.6 isn't very spectical... But those 350+ hp cars will not disappoint.

Gap must be 1min mostly because with 2min intervals 90 cars would take 3hours.

Rallyper
2nd August 2022, 07:35
25 mm rain forecasted on Saturday in Jyväskylä region... 11 mm on Friday... Demanding for spectators also.

(Forecasted by swedish SMHI)

AnttiL
2nd August 2022, 08:33
25 mm rain forecasted on Saturday in Jyväskylä region... 11 mm on Friday... Demanding for spectators also.

(Forecasted by swedish SMHI)

yr.no is usually quite spot on and they are forecasting less rain. This summer the rains have been quite unpredictable.

Friday morning
https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/daily-table/2-648738/Finland/Central%20Finland/Jyv%C3%A4skyl%C3%A4/Laukaa

Friday afternoon
https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/daily-table/2-641974/Finland/Central%20Finland/Jyv%C3%A4skyl%C3%A4/Pet%C3%A4j%C3%A4vesi

Saturday
https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/daily-table/2-656083/Finland/Central%20Finland/J%C3%A4ms%C3%A4/J%C3%A4ms%C3%A4

It seems most of the rain is coming on Friday evening.

AnttiL
2nd August 2022, 09:54
Our whole family has COVID. I was feeling OK until last evening, but now I hardly can get out of bed. It's again no live rally for me.

This is how the past five Rally Finlands have went for me

2021 younger child was born on rally weekend. 0 stages.
2020 no rally. 0 stages.
2019 bought new apartment in April, was able to move into it on the last weekend of July, yes, rally weekend. 2 stages on Friday.
2018 wife had work trip in Germany so I had to take care of our then one-year old child. Shakedown only.
2017 I had a bad cold and our then 4-month old kid also was ill. 1 stage on Friday.

So, during five years I've managed to see three stages and a shakedown of WRC (and two short test days).

WRCStan
2nd August 2022, 10:38
Our whole family has COVID. I was feeling OK until last evening, but now I hardly can get out of bed. It's again no live rally for me.

2020 no rally. 0 stages.
2019 bought new apartment in April, was able to move into it on the last weekend of July, yes, rally weekend. 2 stages on Friday.
2018 wife had work trip in Germany so I had to take care of our then one-year old child. Shakedown only.
2017 I had a bad cold and our then 4-month old kid also was ill. 1 stage on Friday.

So, during five years I've managed to see three stages and a shakedown of WRC (and two short test days).

On that form just rule out 2023 now and treat yourself to Spain or somewhere.

Take care and get well soon.

AnttiL
2nd August 2022, 10:58
On that form just rule out 2023 now and treat yourself to Spain or somewhere.

Take care and get well soon.

I like your thinking but after this week, I don't have days off work until next year. And needless to say, more expensive and time-consuming to go abroad.

Rallyper
2nd August 2022, 11:18
yr.no is usually quite spot on and they are forecasting less rain. This summer the rains have been quite unpredictable.

Friday morning
https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/daily-table/2-648738/Finland/Central%20Finland/Jyv%C3%A4skyl%C3%A4/Laukaa

Friday afternoon
https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/daily-table/2-641974/Finland/Central%20Finland/Jyv%C3%A4skyl%C3%A4/Pet%C3%A4j%C3%A4vesi

Saturday
https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/daily-table/2-656083/Finland/Central%20Finland/J%C3%A4ms%C3%A4/J%C3%A4ms%C3%A4

It seems most of the rain is coming on Friday evening.

And yes. Swedish SMHI now changed to less rain.

masa90
2nd August 2022, 11:47
The weather reports have had some crazy rain, sun shine and pretty much everything else in there. Otherwise I do not really care, but those field parks might be slightly tricky with big amount of rain to soften them up. Here in the neighbouring Pirkanmaa region it has been nice most of the day, but one 10-20 min monsoon each day for about a week now.

Rallyper
2nd August 2022, 12:04

2020 no rally. 0 stages.

Man! Feel sorry for you.

here, I´m just packing the last things before I leave home for Stockholm and ferry to Turku... (Viking Glory)
Exciting days ahead!!

Rallyper
2nd August 2022, 13:17
Don´t forget Pickems, guys. Closing Thursday 18.30 CST

AnttiL
2nd August 2022, 13:57
This year first Vetomies cars could be bit boring because starting order for 2WD is reversed. Standard Focus/Fiesta 1.6 isn't very spectical... But those 350+ hp cars will not disappoint.

I actually thought about this, it's clever to make people stay on the stages. If they leave "before the last cars" they are missing the fastest Vetomies cars.

mknight
2nd August 2022, 17:36
And yes. Swedish SMHI now changed to less rain.

The three national meteorological agencies (NOR, SWE, FIN) all use the same common NWP model for scandinavia. So they should show the same, depending on update schedule and visualisation.

Other private sites might have some different predictions, but likely less accurate overall.

EstWRC
2nd August 2022, 19:05
all packed and leaving tomorrow.

i really hope Tänak could trouble the Toyotas more than in Estonia, would be boring to see another Toyota intra-team battle but i highly doubt it. Gonna have fun anyway.

EstWRC
2nd August 2022, 19:31
Btw. Anyone has succeeded buying the pass digitally?

Eli
2nd August 2022, 21:40

i really hope Tänak could trouble the Toyotas more than in Estonia, would be boring to see another Toyota inter-team battle but i highly doubt it. Gonna have fun anyway.

I hope he can trouble the Toyotas and not have his car trouble him.

DocMS
2nd August 2022, 22:09
Btw. Anyone has succeeded buying the pass digitally?All of our group have digital passes. Download Secto Rally Finland App. Enter mobile number and then enter ticket code. Not best layout but worked no issue

EstWRC
3rd August 2022, 04:15
All of our group have digital passes. Download Secto Rally Finland App. Enter mobile number and then enter ticket code. Not best layout but worked no issue

I know what to do but I couldn’t make the payment yesterday night.

Gave me error

Eli
3rd August 2022, 08:08

2020 no rally. 0 stages.

Hope you get well soon and hopefully you’ll be able to make it to Sweden/Finland/both next year!

AnttiL
3rd August 2022, 10:09

i really hope Tänak could trouble the Toyotas more than in Estonia, would be boring to see another Toyota intra-team battle but i highly doubt it. Gonna have fun anyway.

Yeah. I think it will be another Kalle vs Evans with Lappi and Tänak fighting for third place. Breen behind them, and Neuville maybe just taking it cautiously. Fourmaux, Greensmith, Loubet, Katsuta and Solberg could end up crashing or being completely lost. If someone surprises us positively, I would see it being Loubet. And I hope Huttunen can be faster as the 2-4th Pumas on Friday and increase the speed towards the end of the rally.

WRCStan
3rd August 2022, 10:46
Rally1 is largely predictable, I wish the step-up Finns well: Huttunen, Pajari, Herranen... could surprise.

AnttiL
3rd August 2022, 11:27
WRC2 will be fought between Suninen and Lindholm, but there's many candidates for third place. I hope indeed Pajari can show some pace.

kiwigazza
3rd August 2022, 13:24
Rally pass can be used for local bus transport again this year according to to tourist centre Jyvaskyla who called the bus company. Lets see if actually works as it hasn't been advertised

Sent from my CPH2069 using Tapatalk

EstWRC
3rd August 2022, 13:55
Wtf shakedown already closed and not letting us on the stage from the start

Ridiculous….

AnttiL
3rd August 2022, 14:11
Wtf shakedown already closed and not letting us on the stage from the start

Ridiculous….

Ah, should have written here, it was announced already earlier that the stage closes at 15. But you can still access the parking areas and walk to the stage in the morning.

dimviii
3rd August 2022, 14:29
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZOOG46WYAA2kSr?format=jpg&name=900x900

mousti
3rd August 2022, 14:30
No Georg Linnamae due to medical reasons, suffered an injury in one of his previous rallies. Let's hope he makes it back for Ypres.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn 2201123G met Tapatalk

svstock
3rd August 2022, 15:50
Vote now! https://strawpoll.com/polls/wAg3jKGVGn8 Your pick! OVERALL

Vote now! https://strawpoll.com/polls/xVg7dK6VGZr Your pick! POWER STAGE

AnttiL
3rd August 2022, 19:14
https://youtu.be/SmHnGybdsNc

Hüttünen
4th August 2022, 05:20
”Harakka Huttua keittää, hännällänsä hämmentää”

Today it will start. There is only one favourite in Rally Finland, Jari Huttunen. I expect easy win for him.

TWRC
4th August 2022, 06:02
Tänak on shakedown: "There is no feeling in the car". Looks like it will be another struggle for them sadly...

flat_right
4th August 2022, 06:04
Ott after SD: It's (win) not coming from us. There is no feeling in the car. Finland will be difficult.

Looking Ott from SD, it was so unstable. Ott had to correct so many times.

EstWRC
4th August 2022, 06:11
This is just so sad to read

Already given up

TWRC
4th August 2022, 06:12
Solberg with a spin and a heavy landing...

AnttiL
4th August 2022, 06:24
Evans with a big slide on the first left

drive
4th August 2022, 06:53
Ambulance on shakedown, for spectator

TypeR
4th August 2022, 07:26
Tänak did 2nd run in Toyota? :D

EstWRC
4th August 2022, 07:30
Tänak did 2nd run in Toyota? :D

Could have been even little faster. A little wide in our place and couldn’t turn right away

AnttiL
4th August 2022, 07:41
Solberg spin

https://twitter.com/LPaanala/status/1555093935432794115?s=20&t=60VJKTvAtKW1Ew9d2cnGHA

Dontcut
4th August 2022, 07:43
Eeh, just taking off some pressure and expectation from Hyundai.
Regarding the comment on first pass from Tänak.

TypeR
4th August 2022, 07:48
nevermind, Kalle didn't leave it so.. fastest so far, 1.56.9

AnttiL
4th August 2022, 07:51
nevermind, Kalle didn't leave it so.. fastest so far, 1.56.9

Almost 138 km/h average. Crazy fast stage. The rally will be slower.

AnttiL
4th August 2022, 08:03
Rumor has it that Gryazin rolled

TypeR
4th August 2022, 08:05
3rd run:
Lappi 1.56.6
Rovanperä 1.56.9
Tänak 1.57.0

let's hope Tänak can pressure them a bit when rally starts too..

flat_right
4th August 2022, 08:11
Eeh, just taking off some pressure and expectation from Hyundai.
Regarding the comment on first pass from Tänak.

Actually I think it was genuine because when they showed onboard from his car, he was correcting all the time. And when he was speaking with Estonian media yesterday, he was calm and rather positive, saying it will be hard but he will fight. After first pass he was hopeless. But, let's see, maybe it was just the first pass and they could make some changes.

AnttiL
4th August 2022, 08:15

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZTYolvXwAAuPcE?format=jpg&name=medium

TypeR
4th August 2022, 08:30
I'm more than sure, that Rovanperä didn't need to do the 4th run.. but can't let Lappi win the SD :D

4th run: 1.56.1

flykas
4th August 2022, 08:40
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZTYolvXwAAuPcE?format=jpg&name=medium

Probably drunk on stage

Tom K
4th August 2022, 09:34
So, probably end of the rally for Gryazin. Rollcage.

AnttiL
4th August 2022, 09:44
So, probably end of the rally for Gryazin. Rollcage.

Yes, retired

Katol
4th August 2022, 11:08
Hi, I have 2 Tickets for the rally but I cannot go. Regular price was 90€ Each I’ll sell for 70€ each. Pick up 20minutes from Helsinki

Phone number +358414990543 or +48696835422

AnttiL
4th August 2022, 11:32
Evans with a big slide on the first left

https://youtu.be/OimpAn0ZmBg?t=236

Katol
4th August 2022, 13:38
Is there anybody driving from Helsinki to Jyväskylä?

dimviii
4th August 2022, 13:47
Neuville full sideways
https://twitter.com/LPaanala/status/1555088028531658752

EstWRC
4th August 2022, 14:44
Am I right that Yle TV2 is showing first stage live but a little later?

19.30 is the start time

dimviii
4th August 2022, 14:48
https://www.ewrc.cz/images/2022/photos/secto-rally-finland_2022/vms_dsc_0899.jpg

AnttiL
4th August 2022, 14:53
Yle is showing all stages live this weekend using WRC+ All Live footage.

AFAIK Harju starts 19:08 but the WRC+ live stage starts at 20:00. So basically there's first one hour of cars that are not broadcasted live. The YLE broadcast meanwhile starts at 19:30 with a half hour preview section.

https://areena.yle.fi/tv/ohjelmat/57-0lnKYEMNp

I think they are country-restricted but maybe you can watch them if you are situated in Finland?

Sergiow
4th August 2022, 14:54
Tänak on shakedown: "There is no feeling in the car". Looks like it will be another struggle for them sadly...

Neuville is equally sounding downbeat after SD: "In this context, it's difficult to make a Top 5..."
"It lacks precision, stability, grip on the rear axle, it's something I complain about a lot and so it doesn't give you confidence."
https://www.rtbf.be/article/wrc-finlande-thierry-neuville-dans-ce-contexte-difficile-de-faire-un-top-5-11042621

Meanwhile on his Twitter feed Neuville is keeping up his generosity: For @RallyFinland I’m happy to support @HelsinkiMissio. It’s a non-profit charity that takes care of children, adults and the elderly suffering from loneliness in Finland.
You can also help: https://www.helsinkimissio.fi/lahjoita

During these years 7 WRC stages, the Belgian driver will not have taken home any victory, but he won everyone's hearts thanks to his goodness and his altruism. Simple gestures within everyone's reach, which do good to people less fortunate than us, to the flora and fauna that surround us. Gestures from which we all can have to learn something.

EstWRC
4th August 2022, 14:59
Yle is showing all stages live this weekend using WRC+ All Live footage.

AFAIK Harju starts 19:08 but the WRC+ live stage starts at 20:00. So basically there's first one hour of cars that are not broadcasted live. The YLE broadcast meanwhile starts at 19:30 with a half hour preview section.

https://areena.yle.fi/tv/ohjelmat/57-0lnKYEMNp

I think they are country-restricted but maybe you can watch them if you are situated in Finland?

Thanks a lot!

I found the channel on our camper vans tv. It’s by satellite

AnttiL
4th August 2022, 15:00
https://www.ewrc.cz/images/2022/photos/secto-rally-finland_2022/vms_dsc_0899.jpg

A huge mistake from the marshalls to let a kid onto the live stage with a bike or then the kid tried to be smart and went through the forest. The junction on the right does not lead anywhere but there's a house on the other side of the road.

Sergiow
4th August 2022, 15:04
A huge mistake from the marshalls to let a kid onto the live stage with a bike or then the kid tried to be smart and went through the forest. The junction on the right does not lead anywhere but there's a house on the other side of the road.

That is far worser than that overcautious red flag waving marshall in WRC Sardegna, isn't it?

AnttiL
4th August 2022, 15:06
That is far worser than that overcautious red flag waving marshall in WRC Sardegna, isn't it?

What?

Sergiow
4th August 2022, 15:11
What?
this post from WRC Sardegna

This has been truly an embarrassment
People walking on the stages, lower class cars getting to drive only 4-5 stages, messed up red flag

focus206
4th August 2022, 15:17
Nice to see Tanak and Neuville openly saying that in no way they can fight for victory, instead of the "we'll see what we can do". Not surprising of course, Hyundai is a bigger opponent to them than Kalle is.
Is there anybody expecting a driver other than Rovanpera to win this weekend?

WRCStan
4th August 2022, 15:18
Ban Finland off the calendar!

It's a bit harsh to blame the marshal or organisation. Some people are just thick, obstinate, arrogant and/or misguided.

Eli
4th August 2022, 15:23
Nice to see Tänak and Neuville openly saying that in no way they can fight for victory, instead of the "we'll see what we can do". Not surprising of course, Hyundai is a bigger opponent to them than Kalle is.
Is there anybody expecting a driver other than Rovanperä to win this weekend?

Maybe Lappi, but tbh Rovanperä seems as if he's in the mindset that he has this one in the bag.

AnttiL
4th August 2022, 15:28
this post from WRC Sardegna

I think it's whataboutism to talk about the red flags.

In terms of people walking on the stages, it's impossible to control everyone, because a person can step onto a stage anywhere, anytime.

But a bike doesn't step onto the stage so easily. A bike cannot be ridden in a forest, it should always come from a junction, and every junction should have a marshall controlling the traffic. It should be akin to a car entering the stage. To me it seems like a local kid who lives along the stage having some play, or maybe thinking the stage is already over. On a shakedown you can have long pauses at the end but still cars coming at full speed.

Sergiow
4th August 2022, 15:31
Ban Finland off the calendar!

It's a bit harsh to blame the marshal or organisation. Some people are just thick, obstinate, arrogant and/or misguided.

I have never insisted on using banning any WRC rally. But yesterday I was reading on the official WRC Ypres Rally 2022 website and regarding spectators came across this:

"The FIA, RACB and the organisation's safety representative expect everyone to be in place when they arrive, checking 30-40 minutes before the first car comes along. The safety officer can and will cancel special stages if people are not in the right places

The organizers may stop or cancel the special stage at any time if they believe that the safety of spectators, participants or officials may be compromised."

So I guess this is valid for every WRC Rally

Sergiow
4th August 2022, 15:33
I think it's whataboutism to talk about the red flags.

In terms of people walking on the stages, it's impossible to control everyone, because a person can step onto a stage anywhere, anytime.

But a bike doesn't step onto the stage so easily. A bike cannot be ridden in a forest, it should always come from a junction, and every junction should have a marshall controlling the traffic. It should be akin to a car entering the stage. To me it seems like a local kid who lives along the stage having some play, or maybe thinking the stage is already over. On a shakedown you can have long pauses at the end but still cars coming at full speed.

I agree, thanks

seb_sh
4th August 2022, 16:02
Here we go! Will Rovanpera get it or can someone stop him?

polomayu
4th August 2022, 16:08
I was in that spot, there were 3 or 4 kids with bikes

dimviii
4th August 2022, 16:17
I was in that spot, there were 3 or 4 kids with bikes

unbelievable,didnt expect something like that in Finland.

WRC1
4th August 2022, 17:31
Breen ��*♀️

mknight
4th August 2022, 17:39
Huttunen fastest Puma in first stage in the car. So great after basically 4? years in cars that were slower than competition and getting threated like crap by Hyundai.

denkimi
4th August 2022, 17:42
Here we go! Will Rovanpera get it or can someone stop him?
The only drivers good enough to do that are driving a hyundai, so no.

Jarek Z
4th August 2022, 17:44

Yes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1K6Rd4jUEo

Myrvold
4th August 2022, 17:48
Man, I know it's just nitpicking on the WRC All Live crew, but those "haybales" are the strangest ones I've ever seen...

Jarek Z
4th August 2022, 17:49
Tanak after SS1:
"In this stage we were fighting so hard with the car... it's living its own life."

WRCStan
4th August 2022, 17:51
Tanak after SS1:
"In this stage we were fighting so hard with the car... it's living its own life."

Also: "It's not coming overnight, ... it's not coming"

Sergiow
4th August 2022, 17:55
The only drivers good enough to do that are driving a hyundai, so no.

Yes it is, in typical Neuville fashion "I always like the super special stages and I had some great fun in there"

https://www.wrc.com/?proxy=redaktion/Season-2022-News/WRC/August/Finland-Live-Text/040822_neuville_SS1.jpg

AnttiL
4th August 2022, 17:56
Man, I know it's just nitpicking on the WRC All Live crew, but those "haybales" are the strangest ones I've ever seen...

What do you mean?

Great run from Huttunen, fastest Ford.

Also I liked this new version of Harju, especially the fast corner when going onto gravel uphill for second time.

svstock
4th August 2022, 18:08
fastest Toyota - Katsuta with no hybrid boost
fastest Ford - newcomer Huttunen his first rally1 car start.
1-2 for Hyundai - Neuville and Tänak, have to take more risks to keep up with pace.

Tänak Ott - Järveoja Martin

seb_sh
4th August 2022, 18:15
It's a weird stage I wouldn't read too much into it, the real rally starts tomorrow!

AnttiL
4th August 2022, 18:35
https://twitter.com/MKiviaho/status/1555260009918914560?s=20&t=0n_qfeUplkC9AOeDuQl6Kw

McErlean almost rolled

AnttiL
4th August 2022, 19:31
Tänak had so much understeer compared to Thierry. The tarmac section from Harju downhill where Ott had almost full lock, Thierry had wheels straight.

It's again the handbrake technique?

focus206
4th August 2022, 19:43
I actually snickered seeing Hyundai being 1-2 on SS1, imagine that. Sad thing is, it shouldn't be odd seeing two drivers like Neuville and Tanak in 1st and 2nd...

Fast Eddie WRC
4th August 2022, 19:51
Huttunen fastest Puma in first stage in the car. So great after basically 4? years in cars that were slower than competition and getting threated like crap by Hyundai.

To semi-quote AnttiL...

Actually this kind of stages says nothing. Huttunen is pretty good on them. Let’s see tomorrow.

Myrvold
4th August 2022, 21:49
What do you mean?

Just that Julian Porter kept talking about hitting the haybales, driving around the haybales etc. even called it "the banking" when the tires (not haybales) were hit. It's probably just be being frustrated from Estonia, when they seemed really off. I still don't understand how it was possible to be so wrong with the Loubet roll as they were either :p
Oh well. Proper rally tomorrow! :)

dimviii
5th August 2022, 05:04
Neuville ss 2
https://twitter.com/paddocknews/status/1555421148514582528

Kalle
https://twitter.com/paddocknews/status/1555421077718896640

Evans
https://twitter.com/paddocknews/status/1555421558008586240

Tanak
https://twitter.com/paddocknews/status/1555422672611381248

Breen
https://twitter.com/paddocknews/status/1555423817044054016

Rally Hokkaido
5th August 2022, 05:21
Solberg stopped in stage

EDIT: rolled in first left corner!

WRC1
5th August 2022, 05:23
please give Dani Sordo the 3rd Hyundai...this Kid is not ready...

1 year JWRC, 1 year WRC2 and then try to play with the big Boys...

jonkka
Oliver off on first corner, not even a tricky one...

M3 Jambo
Great from Tanak in SS2, but disaster for Solberg

cali
5th August 2022, 05:24
Oliver needs to be demoted to the Rally2 and for a couple of seasons. Needs to learn a lot

Negaiss
5th August 2022, 05:25
Pretty heavy impact for Oliver Solberg. In a first corner.

TypeR
5th August 2022, 05:27
unbelievable! 9 seconds and OFF

chance for Teemu with rally1 car now?

mknight
5th August 2022, 05:28
please give Dani Sordo the 3rd Hyundai...this Kid is not ready...

Suninen better than Sordo for fast rallies and also in team.

As I keep saying for last two years, Solberg needs stable program and learning delivering under pressure. Part-time Rally1 seat in Hyundai is not it.

cali
5th August 2022, 05:32
unbelievable! 9 seconds and OFF

chance for Teemu with rally1 car now?
Yes please!

Eli
5th August 2022, 05:51
What a waste of an i20…I honestly hope he gets the boot but as long as he brings in the sponsors, I don’t see that happening.

rallyfiend
5th August 2022, 05:59
What a waste of an i20…I honestly hope he gets the boot but as long as he brings in the sponsors, I don’t see that happening.

Does he bring sponsors to Hyundai?

Surely he's a drain by being paid....

bomber21
5th August 2022, 06:00
Oliver off on first corner, not even a tricky one...

He had a moment also yesterday during the shakedown.
Ok, this is enough with Oliver. He needs to do something now,maybe go back to WRC2 for a year or two.
He makes many mistakes in every single rally.

TypeR
5th August 2022, 06:01
Neuville lost a lot.. 11sec to Kalle

Sproaks
5th August 2022, 06:02
Incredible to see Neuville vs. Tänak here...
Either Neuville too much in his comfort zone or Tänak just crazy risky?
Can't sort it out at the moment.

vkangas
5th August 2022, 06:08
Any parking recommendation for service park/harju?

Eli
5th August 2022, 06:16
Does he bring sponsors to Hyundai?

Surely he's a drain by being paid....

I was under the impression he brings the ‘monster’ energy drink sponsor there.

Tauri_J
5th August 2022, 06:24
Looks like Formaoux took a wheel off

Tauri_J
5th August 2022, 06:24
A disaster season continues.

rallyfiend
5th August 2022, 06:32
I was under the impression he brings the ‘monster’ energy drink sponsor there.

No, that's just his personal sponsor. Like Neuville and Sordo with Red Bull.

amilk
5th August 2022, 06:36
Olivier's Dad Petter maybe put lot of pressure to the guy with the big media attention. Step back and have a wrc2 year. Sometimes I feel social media attention is too much priority for them.

bomber21
5th August 2022, 06:37
At some point, Neuville and Tanak should stop moaning and complaining constantly.
OK, everyone knows that Hyundai team has issues, everyone knows that the car is not the best.
But they have expressed it one hundred times and this is bad for the company.

When you work for a company and you have issues, you must find a way to solve them.
If it is not possible, express it once or twice or else just go.
You cannot complain all the time!

Sergiow
5th August 2022, 06:39
Keeping an eye on S. PAJARI . I have a soft spot for that guy. Really delivering the goods in WRC2DJC this year. Although M. HEIKKILÄ is currently a tad faster in WRC2DJC. The new generation is coming. Wondering which one will go either way to Toyota, Huyndai or M-Sport ...

Both are outpacing a certain Haydon Paddon. Warming up for WRC NZ Rally?

Tauri_J
5th August 2022, 06:40
Am I missing something or why the heck we have so many services today between stages?

mknight
5th August 2022, 06:42
At some point, Neuville and Tanak should stop moaning and complaining constantly.
OK, everyone knows that Hyundai team has issues, everyone knows that the car is not the best.

They complain after every stage and still fight on podium.
Ogier or Meeke in C3 or none of the MSport drivers in last years were close to that. Not to mention a class act like Loeb in Hyundai.

Imo they are "exploiting" the fact that Hyundai doesn't have a strong leader atm to put them in line.

TypeR
5th August 2022, 06:45
Mikkelsen wouldn't cry, he would fight for victories in that I20!

jonkka
5th August 2022, 06:47
Am I missing something or why the heck we have so many services today between stages?

So many? They have two midday services instead of one but since many rallies have done away with even the single midday service, the contrast seems old fashioned.

Tauri_J
5th August 2022, 06:49

When you work for a company and you have issues, you must find a way to solve them.
If it is not possible, express it once or twice or else just go.
You cannot complain all the time!

Maybe interviewers should stop asking stupid questions.

TypeR
5th August 2022, 06:52
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZYF4ZYX0AA_jgL?format=jpg&name=small

Tauri_J
5th August 2022, 06:55
Hope rollcage is ok.

AnttiL
5th August 2022, 07:03

I haven't heard but my guess is that the stages today are so close to Jyväskylä that otherwise the day would appear too short. They would have needed a regroup between Lankamaa 1 and Laukaa 2 anyway, so might as well do it in the service to get something to see for the people.

AnttiL
5th August 2022, 07:03
Hope rollcage is ok.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZYNA2zXkAAx5E5?format=jpg&name=large

I don't think they can continue this weekend

becher
5th August 2022, 07:04
They complain after every stage and still fight on podium.
Ogier or Meeke in C3 or none of the MSport drivers in last years were close to that. Not to mention a class act like Loeb in Hyundai.

Imo they are "exploiting" the fact that Hyundai doesn't have a strong leader atm to put them in line.

Thats revisionist. Ogier was fighting for the championship in the C3 and was pretty much allways fighting for podium positions. Meeke won two rallies in it, when he drove the Yaris he wasn't a whole lot faster. Just because a bunch of third rate british journalists and other influencer type british rally media people claim the C3 was a disaster its not true. If it wasn't for their darling being shown up, they wouldn't be so busy throwing shit at a car that was competitive enough to win rallies.

Eli
5th August 2022, 07:05
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZYF4ZYX0AA_jgL?format=jpg&name=small

And yet he’s in for Ypres…If it’s possible I’d swap him for Sordo in the car, yes I know they’ve given up on this year’s championship but at least for his sake, put him in a Rally2 car for the rest of the season and for the next.

AnttiL
5th August 2022, 07:08
Thats revisionist. Ogier was fighting for the championship in the C3 and was pretty much allways fighting for podium positions. Meeke won two rallies in it, when he drove the Yaris he wasn't a whole lot faster. Just because a bunch of third rate british journalists and other influencer type british rally media people claim the C3 was a disaster its not true. If it wasn't for their darling being shown up, they wouldn't be so busy throwing shit at a car that was competitive enough to win rallies.

Meeke couldn't complain because he was developing the car. Ogier tried hard to keep his mouth shut and managed to do it until Germany (I can't drive this car).

But yeah, it's rare to hear comments like Tänak has been putting out in the last two years.

cali
5th August 2022, 07:22
Re Ogier - he was whining the most, mostly about starting first on the road but don't forget the Shitroen saga. Yes, it was done bu his wife but he complained a lot about that car.

But generally agree - it's getting tiresome to hear Hyundai drivers complaining all the time, they should change the tune!

mknight
5th August 2022, 07:22
But yeah, it's rare to hear comments like Tänak has been putting out in the last two years.

I don't see previous years as very unnormal (after all he commented on Toyota often in the glory days too).

This year, specially since Portugal it's on a different level.

I agree it's maybe partly because Allive crew focuses on that every single time the car is on screen and in every interview.

Eli
5th August 2022, 07:25
I don't see previous years as very unnormal (after all he commented on Toyota often in the glory days too).

I agree it's maybe partly because Allive crew focuses on that every single time the car is on screen and in every interview.

All live need to change their line-up alongside Solberg Jr. at the Hyundai team.

AnttiL
5th August 2022, 07:25

"What's happening guys" "The quality is amazing" from Safari 2021 kinda opened the gates

AnttiL
5th August 2022, 07:26
Yes, it was done bu his wife but he complained a lot about that car.

Tweeted once after power steering failed, "complained a lot" :D

mknight
5th August 2022, 07:28
"What's happening guys" "The quality is amazing" from Safari 2021 kinda opened the gates

True, but that was reliability, which was clear to see.

Complaining about performance while fighting for win/podiums feels much more out of place.

Eli
5th August 2022, 07:32
I don’t know what Neuville is on about, he only finished here once on the podium and that was 9 years ago, even with the best car he wouldn’t be challenging for the win here. The same thing however cannot be said about Tänak, only when he arrived at Hyundai they finally made it to the podium (double) here last year.

Sergiow
5th August 2022, 07:33
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZYNA2zXkAAx5E5?format=jpg&name=large

I don't think they can continue this weekend

from http://forum-rallye.com
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_08_2022/post-157-0-52644400-1659681942.jpeg

cali
5th August 2022, 07:34
Tweeted once after power steering failed, "complained a lot" :D
Wife tweeted once
Ogier complained about the car a lot at the stage end interviews.

Is it now clearer to you?

Lately I see you nitpicking a lot, haven't noticed that before. Pissa mennyt päähän?

eib1
5th August 2022, 07:42
Solberg interview:

https://www.ewrc-results.com/video/41788-solberg-crash-and-interview-rally-finland-2022/

bomber21
5th August 2022, 07:45
I don’t know what Neuville is on about, he only finished here once on the podium and that was 9 years ago, even with the best car he wouldn’t be challenging for the win here. The same thing however cannot be said about Tänak, only when he arrived at Hyundai they finally made it to the podium (double) here last year.

We are talking about the guy that had a huge advantage to Ogier but manage to lose the title the recent years. How come noone reminds him of this when he is moaning?

TypeR
5th August 2022, 07:51
Solberg interview:

https://www.ewrc-results.com/video/41788-solberg-crash-and-interview-rally-finland-2022/

Oh man, that's hard..

Must take a break, get his mind clear and start again.

I wonder if Adamo missing affects him the most atm? There isn't a strict team leader to count on..
(Moncet doesn't count)

AnttiL
5th August 2022, 07:53
Wife tweeted once
Ogier complained about the car a lot at the stage end interviews.

Is it now clearer to you?

Lately I see you nitpicking a lot, haven't noticed that before. Pissa mennyt päähän?

Sorry, I just honestly read your sentence incorrectly and thought it was "wife complained a lot about the car" :D I have covid and feel like a terrible hangover for the fourth day in a row, I might get some things wrong right now.

And sorry if I've appeared like that, I don't mean to do it.

doubled1978
5th August 2022, 08:01
Solberg interview:

That’s not nice to see, the poor lad is in pieces. While I am a believer that he will come good, I have to agree that probably for his own sake they should either put Sordo or Sunninen in the car for the rest of the season and let him just drive in the Rally2.

cali
5th August 2022, 08:02
Sorry, I just honestly read your sentence incorrectly and thought it was "wife complained a lot about the car" :D I have covid and feel like a terrible hangover for the fourth day in a row, I might get some things wrong right now.

And sorry if I've appeared like that, I don't mean to do it. Last bit of OT from.
All good :)
Seemed strange to me as I know you're a good guy. No worries mate!

I have had covid now 2 times within 6 months. First 2 days horrible, then it goes slowly away. Get well soon!

240RS
5th August 2022, 08:17
Incredible to see Neuville vs. Tänak here...
Either Neuville too much in his comfort zone or Tänak just crazy risky?
Can't sort it out at the moment.

I have been lucky to see Ott Tanak in full-flight this season and I must say it felt like he was driving at the car's absolute limit. Mind-blowingly brutal!!!!

cali
5th August 2022, 08:49
Can fully agree based on what I saw in Estonia

Tauri_J
5th August 2022, 08:50

And sorry if I've appeared like that, I don't mean to do it.

You had to miss Rally Finland because of covid?

mknight
5th August 2022, 08:52
Solberg interview:

"The rear snapped again, I just lost control and I knew I was never going to get it back,” Solberg explained."

Explaining off in the first corner of the first gravel stage of the rally.

seb_sh
5th August 2022, 08:57
Solberg interview:

Oh man that's not good. He's not in a good place for sure. He got pushed too much too soon and I suppose he's not well balanced emotionally either. Best thing for him is out of the Rally1 immediately, and a year or two in WRC2. That did good for Tanak and Evans for example.

AnttiL
5th August 2022, 09:00
You had to miss Rally Finland because of covid?

Yes :( and last year our baby was born during the rally…

Eli
5th August 2022, 09:04
We are talking about the guy that had a huge advantage to Ogier but manage to lose the title the recent years. How come noone reminds him of this when he is moaning?

I was referring Neuville’s comments specifically to this event, just to be clear.

Sal yet again
5th August 2022, 09:18
Oliver obviously has a lot of talent behind the wheel however just wonder if the Solberg hype machine has just built him up to be something he just quite isnt yet at least. Not sure how much "influence" Harri had with Toyota but it didnt seem to me to be anything on a par with Petter's omnipresent status at Hyundai in the past. Maybe a condition of the personal backing that Oliver has means that he has to be everywhere on social media with too many distractions however Kalle has managed to fit in a bit of drifting etc and just seems to be getting on with the job calmly. Will be intersting to see if he has many more outings in the R1 car after Ypres at this rate.

cali
5th August 2022, 09:20
Tänak so committed and flat-out, huhhh....

cali
5th August 2022, 09:23
Hearing Tänak's comments he scared himself on that stage :D

Tauri_J
5th August 2022, 09:25
Hearing Tänak's comments he scared himself on that stage :D

What did he said, I missed it

cali
5th August 2022, 09:28
What did he said, I missed it

Big grin and headshake, then he said that his hands are shaking, definitely not comfortable ride. I'm not enjoying it.

But what I saw this was very scary ride, that kind of driving will not go til the finishline without a major accident, no way....

sti123
5th August 2022, 09:44
He said to Martin at the stage end: really unconfortable and Martin answered, yes.

AnttiL
5th August 2022, 09:50
Oliver obviously has a lot of talent behind the wheel however just wonder if the Solberg hype machine has just built him up to be something he just quite isnt yet at least. Not sure how much "influence" Harri had with Toyota but it didnt seem to me to be anything on a par with Petter's omnipresent status at Hyundai in the past. Maybe a condition of the personal backing that Oliver has means that he has to be everywhere on social media with too many distractions however Kalle has managed to fit in a bit of drifting etc and just seems to be getting on with the job calmly. Will be intersting to see if he has many more outings in the R1 car after Ypres at this rate.

I think Harri has always stayed in the background and only made things possible for Kalle, not giving advice or making decisions unless being asked

Fast Eddie WRC
5th August 2022, 10:05
Big grin and headshake, then he said that his hands are shaking, definitely not comfortable ride. I'm not enjoying it.

But what I saw this was very scary ride, that kind of driving will not go til the finishline without a major accident, no way....

And this is on stages without the big yumps !

jonkka
5th August 2022, 10:06
Strange red flag situation...

Fast Eddie WRC
5th August 2022, 10:07
Stage cancelled.

Tauri_J
What is going on? Spectator in need of medical help?

AndyRAC

Anybody else would have been swiftly dismissed; he's not ready for R1 cars just yet. The talent is there, but needs developing, in his own time - and he needs to be a little more humble.

Eli
Stage cancelled.

For a second there I thought Kalle had a problem.

AnttiL
5th August 2022, 10:09
There was a text before the stage that the stage was delayed by 5 min. Maybe Kalle was sent accidentally too early ?

Eli
5th August 2022, 10:11
That’s disappointing, the longest stage of the rally cancelled.

Tauri_J
5th August 2022, 10:14
Seems like they couldnt control the spectators.