PDA

View Full Version : "Ignore" function

schmenke
17th May 2007, 19:00
How does it work?

janneppi
17th May 2007, 19:15
Click the name of the one you want to ignore, click view public profile there you find add [user] to your ignore list, click it and you're set. :)

You will see if they have posted, but you won't see the text, it's bit stupid but last time i checked, it requires work to fix and we all know how fast the forum reacts to public requests. :)

schmenke
17th May 2007, 19:22
Ah, I see it now. Thanks! :)

schmenke
17th May 2007, 23:06
...You will see if they have posted, but you won't see the text ...

Yeah, I see what you mean now. I would have preferred the function to eliminate all references to the poster :mark:
Still better than nothing...

oily oaf
18th May 2007, 06:25
Blimey Shmnenkey I know the jokes haven't been up to much the last couple of Fridays and certainly nothing to compare with the mighty "Honour and offer" masterpiece but there's no need to shut me out of your life completely mate :(

PS I tend to favour the new prototype "Assault" function whereupon when you spot a post by your "favourite" forummer you merely click on their username and a boxing glove on a spring flies out of their monitor and smashes them right in the face.

Unnnnnnnnnnnhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! (thud)...............Sorry about that mate I think Hotbikerchic just logged on :(

SEATFreak
18th May 2007, 08:34
Frankly I have always wondered what the point is in something that nobody like you using.

Or was that just me that time?...Like I can feign naivety! :laugh:

Caroline
18th May 2007, 09:37
Yeah, I see what you mean now. I would have preferred the function to eliminate all references to the poster :mark:
Still better than nothing...

It's a kind of half ignore system :mark:

Erki
18th May 2007, 10:03
It's a kind of half ignore system :mark:

And I think you can still see that person's post if someone has quoted them.

SEATFreak
22nd May 2007, 08:29
I am wondering if everyone uses it at some point why then people had a problem when I used it? :confused:

I am lacking in intellect, not memory. It did happen on the old btccpages.com site so don't please deny it did happen.

I have a funny feeling I know the answer but tell me anyway.

CarlMetro
22nd May 2007, 18:02
No real need for an electronic ignore system, I have my own where I see certain members names and just ignore anything they've posted, works well too :up:

SEATFreak
23rd May 2007, 14:19
But would you feel as happy for them to ignore your posts if they felt the same about you posts as you often think about theirs?

Theirs is an awful lot of people prepared to be hypocritical and use double standards in this world. That is the one thing I will be glad to leave behind when I die.

janneppi
23rd May 2007, 15:03
What does being hypocritical and having double standards have to do with the ignore button?

CarlMetro
23rd May 2007, 15:49
But would you feel as happy for them to ignore your posts if they felt the same about you posts as you often think about theirs?

I'm more than happy for them to ignore my posts, in fact there's at least one member whom I wish would, but insists on analyzing everything anyone ever posts.

donKey jote
23rd May 2007, 20:42
what exactly do you mean, Carl... how many would "at least one" be, 1,2 or closer 6?
If you mean one in particular why don't you just say so, and if it's closer to 6 why can't you say "about half a dozen"?
How can you BE more than happy for them to ignore your posts, when you don't know whether they ignored them or simply never saw them?
I could go on, but I'd rather ignore your post now.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif
:dozey: :p :